"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:52 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Noah wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:So am I.
Are you sure?
Yes, hence the "not much bigger than Broly" comment.
I dont think you were able to grab Final Form Demigra though
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Noah wrote:
Are you sure?
Yes, hence the "not much bigger than Broly" comment.
You were.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Yes, hence the "not much bigger than Broly" comment.
You were.
Wow, the more you know...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Man, Xenoverse 2 really needs start celebrating these holidays. I'm still hoping for a update, where they start celebrating Christmas and Conton City is covered in snow and we get to wear Santa Claus and elf costumes. That would be amazing.
Caulifla best girl! :)

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:54 am

Is Zenoverse 2 much different from the first game?

I played a bit of Zenoverse 1, and from what I've seen of the sequel, it's fairly unchanged.

[spoiler]To be honest, I wish they'd just make a more detailed character builder; half of the hairstyles are just those of characters from the show. I'd also love for them to make a game like Dragon Ball FightersZ, but with the ability to create an original character, and potentially dialogue options (though it's not necessary to have the protagonist speak, just the main cast). I dunno, that's just what I'd be interested in.[/spoiler]
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 am

FubukiFoxx wrote:Is Zenoverse 2 much different from the first game?

I played a bit of Zenoverse 1, and from what I've seen of the sequel, it's fairly unchanged.

[spoiler]To be honest, I wish they'd just make a more detailed character builder; half of the hairstyles are just those of characters from the show. I'd also love for them to make a game like Dragon Ball FightersZ, but with the ability to create an original character, and potentially dialogue options (though it's not necessary to have the protagonist speak, just the main cast). I dunno, that's just what I'd be interested in.[/spoiler]
Spelt with an X?

There's some new characters, Story, the overworld is changed, I believe there's a new mechanic or two?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:59 am

ZeroDio wrote:Android Race - Pulls details from

Android 8
Android 13 & Super 13
Android 14
Android 15
Android 16
Android 17 & Super 17 & Hell Fighter 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20
Android 21

Android Race Transformation skills = Super Android, Machine Mutant
No love for Android 9 then? :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

FubukiFoxx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FubukiFoxx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm

[spoiler]
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:Is Zenoverse 2 much different from the first game?

[/spoiler]

Spelt with an X?

There's some new characters, Story, the overworld is changed, I believe there's a new mechanic or two?
Oh, oops!
Sorry, I think I was pretty tired when I wrote this ><
I'd heard a little bit about story changes, but from the first hour or so of gameplay (I saw some online) I didn't really notice any changes. That was why I asked.
"I think we're gonna play with the cosmic space dragon. He's funny, but he needs better manners."

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Gonna be honest the story isnt too great to me, I mean I'm happy to have Turles and Slug and that but I'm not too impressed. Feels like a 1.5 of Xenoverse 1

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:53 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:[spoiler]
mahakaishin1991 wrote:[/spoiler]

Spelt with an X?

Oh, oops!
I'd heard a little bit about story changes, but from the first hour or so of gameplay (I saw some online) I didn't really notice any changes. That was why I asked.
Gonna be honest the story isnt too great to me, I mean I'm happy to have Turles and Slug and that but I'm not too impressed. Feels like a 1.5 of Xenoverse 1

The story for 2 isn’t much of anything different even with them, it continues longer into Super though. Replay value on 2 is much higher than it was for 1 for me though, I still play Xenoverse2 quite often.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Drellz26 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
FubukiFoxx wrote:[spoiler]

Oh, oops!

The story for 2 isn’t much of anything different even with them, it continues longer into Super though. Replay value on 2 is much higher than it was for 1 for me though, I still play Xenoverse2 quite often.
I agree.
In X3 they need to improve the story with new unique characters/events/plot ecc

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I agree.
Best way I feel they can do that is to do the dark demon realm saga from Heroes with Mekichikabaru, Masked King, the Dark balls, but throw in Fu, the Dark Namekians etc as well, give us a LOT of new content to cover

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:22 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:

I agree.
Best way I feel they can do that is to do the dark demon realm saga from Heroes with Mekichikabaru, Masked King, the Dark balls, but throw in Fu, the Dark Namekians etc as well, give us a LOT of new content to cover

I’d kill for something like “The case of being reincarnated as Yamacha” too. Have the Z characters completely removed and ya sent to Earth in their place and have to find ways to get stronger to continue the story. I know that’s not going to work 100% but Anything more than “oh so and so is stronger!?!?!? HELP!!” Just go full out “what if” on the story!

Also, anyone on Xbox One have an extra GP ring? I miss out everytime it’s in the TP medal shop

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Drellz26 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
I agree.

I’d kill for something like “The case of being reincarnated as Yamacha” too. Have the Z characters completely removed and ya sent to Earth in their place and have to find ways to get stronger to continue the story. I know that’s not going to work 100% but Anything more than “oh so and so is stronger!?!?!? HELP!!” Just go full out “what if” on the story!

Also, anyone on Xbox One have an extra GP ring? I miss out everytime it’s in the TP medal shop
I do but you cant give away your belongings if its over level 2 in value

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Damn, well here’s to hope it’s in the store this weekend while it’s on my mind.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:59 am

Drellz26 wrote:Damn, well here’s to hope it’s in the store this weekend while it’s on my mind.
Pretty sure that when DLC 5 launches, the TP shop changes to being a daily thing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:19 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:

I agree.
Exactly. That would be amazing :D

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:06 am

Any raids on today my dudes?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Do we know if the free update, including the Hero Colosseum is coming on the same day as DLC 5 or not?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Kanassa wrote:Do we know if the free update, including the Hero Colosseum is coming on the same day as DLC 5 or not?
We don't know yet, some of the previous free updates were released days before the paid DLCs came out.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!