"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Heard some rumblings behind the scenes. Can't discuss most of it, but I can reinforce the fairly obvious, common knowledge parts of it.

The Xenoverse franchise has been more popular than a lot of recent games for the franchise, and they hope to the game series has a long life. Xenoverse 2 and its DLC have continued to sell fairly well. Well enough that they felt the need to capitalize on it and create more content with these Extra Packs than what was originally intended. However, they don't plan on releasing a sequel in the immediate future though (don't expect an announcement this year if the entirely of what I've been told is true). So the Extra Pack content is being done as a means to bridge the gap, with the intention of keeping players interested and setting up the current direction of the next game to some extent.
I was under the impression that XV3 was supposed to have a longer development time and a larger budget if XV2 was a success (which I'm fairly certain it was), and that the Extra Packs were being made to keep their promise of a full year of support.
Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the update patches are them testing the water for new mechanics, especially this upcoming one.

My estimation is that Xenoverse 3 will get announced later this year, probably during the second half of it, and get released late next year, but that's just an educated guess. Either way, I'm cool with waiting longer as long as they're putting forth their A-game. If they can pull a Budokai 3, but get an actual full development cycle, it'll put a big ol' grin on my face. The next patch/DLC Pack certainly has my attention.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:30 am

As long as we get XV3 I'll be happy. An announcement at the very end of this year would be great but I can wait. I just hope they don't do another game in between. Fighterz is good enough to remain relevant most of the year anyway but as much as I love it, I think i prefer the 3D flight style.

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 am

Nia wrote:and that the Extra Packs were being made to keep their promise of a full year of support
Oh, they were actually forced to honor that promise? I was pretty pissed off when they changed the Steam page's mention of a full year of support to six months of support the minute it released, so it's nice to see that they couldn't get away with blatantly scamming the customers like that. Oh look, they even changed it back to a full year on the Steam page.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
Nia wrote:and that the Extra Packs were being made to keep their promise of a full year of support
Oh, they were actually forced to honor that promise? I was pretty pissed off when they changed the Steam page's mention of a full year of support to six months of support the minute it released, so it's nice to see that they couldn't get away with blatantly scamming the customers like that. Oh look, they even changed it back to a full year on the Steam page.
I don't think they were forced, so much as they simply wanted to live up to their word. They said that the DLC planned had already finished with Pack 4, but that there were still several months left, and that since they had said a full year they wanted to honor that promise. Granted, that could have been them just covering their asses, but I imagine if they were forced they could have really half-assed it instead, so I'd like to think they did it out of personal obligation.

Didn't know about the Steam page stuff, though. That's a bit unsettling to say the least.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:50 am

Nia wrote:and that the Extra Packs were being made to keep their promise of a full year of support.
THey had already kept that promise before the Extra Packs were a thing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Not actually, Xenoverse 2 was released in October, for a full year of new content within the pattern of a two-month release, a DLC had to be released in October 2017, but they skipped August and October, that is why we're still getting a new DLC. The last DLC, DLC Super Pack 4, was released in June, so if they hadn't released anything else after that one, they wouldn't have fulfilled the "full year of support" promise.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:03 pm

You guys think we might a Android #21 DLC in the future? :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 pm

The biggest thing to keep me interested in XV2 would be a better story. I don't play PvP, and Raids don't have the best rewards. I can barely find people to do expert missions with, and when I do them, it's just a spam fest anyway. Now don't get me wrong, I love the XV series, it's hand down my favorite DBZ game. But I really hope they take time with the next installment and truly focus on the co-op and action rpg elements of the game. A detailed Stroy mode that you can play online with friends is where I believe the next game needs to go. I would love to see them aim more towards the MMO elements with an extensive story and DLCs that add story elements and not just characters. Still keep the PvP of course and definitely improve on those elements as well, but embrace the online community, being a time patroller, and questing with friends.

I absolutely LOVE the Time Patrollers vs. Time Breakers idea where you can choose a faction and make good/evil characters. Hopefully, the introduction of Fu eludes to some new story elements for the next installment. I just figure with FighterZ coming and getting positive reviews, that game will take care of the fighting game fans. But for the gamers like me who love a good RPG and co-op gameplay, XV needs to embrace its roots.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:13 pm

I don’t know where the misconception came from that game support means they have to be releasing DLC. Whether you considered it worthwhile or not, they were perfectly covered in that field as long as they continued to have stuff like log-in bonuses, raids, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Noah wrote:You guys think we might a Android #21 DLC in the future? :)
I hope not, she's been one of the most annoying characters added to the franchise, and from what I've seen of her moveset, doesn't really offer anything.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:I hope not, she's been one of the most annoying characters added to the franchise, and from what I've seen of her moveset, doesn't really offer anything.
Please don't tell you're saying this just because a few clips on YouTube.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I hope not, she's been one of the most annoying characters added to the franchise, and from what I've seen of her moveset, doesn't really offer anything.
Please don't tell you're saying this just because a few clips on YouTube.
I'm saying this because of the whole story, along with plenty of gameplay footage of 21 being leaked.

Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:42 pm

I don't think so simply because it could take away sales from FighterZ as she's probably a selling point for that game but we could get her in XV3.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:They don't plan on releasing a sequel in the immediate future though.

The Extra Pack content is being done as a means to bridge the gap, with the intention of keeping players interested and setting up the current direction of the next game to some extent.
This isn't surprising as FighterZ will have a long life with players and that's not counting the DLC they'll spread across the year so it should alongside XV2 be able to keep fans happy until late 2019 which is when I expect XV3 to release.

Most of us thought it'd set up 3 so it's great to know for sure, can't wait to see what's in store for us.

I know you can't give any details but from what you've heared, will it be worth the wait ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Hell with it, let the FG fans have their fun with FighterZ then. Regardless of what happens, it'll give Dimps more time. *southern accent* Xenoverse will rise again!

Hopefully before 2021.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Dimps is already going to add her costume for your CAC as a part of a cross-promotion (I'm not sure what FighterZ will do on their end with a Xenoverse-related content. Maybe Xeno Trunks as a costume for Future Trunks?).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:24 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don’t know where the misconception came from that game support means they have to be releasing DLC. Whether you considered it worthwhile or not, they were perfectly covered in that field as long as they continued to have stuff like log-in bonuses, raids, etc.
I wouldn't really call log-in bonuses/raids/etc. supporting it exactly. I mean those are nice, but those could be (and probably are when it's not a big patch or something) automated. Even Xenoverse 1 was still getting double XP events at random up until XV2 came out, and for all I know, still is... but I don't think anyone would call that still being supported (though some of those patches that came out late in it's lifespan could potentially be called support, I suppose).

That being said, stuff outside of the DLC like the Hero Colosseum, additional Expert Missions, and the upcoming partner system absolutely are what I'd classify as support since they add in new content.

Just my two cents on the matter.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm

sintzu wrote:I know you can't give any details but from what you've heared, will it be worth the wait ?
Honestly, no idea. That interview from a while back with the powers at be said they weren't going to rush into XV3. Most of what I was told was more about Bandai Namco's intended release schedule for the next few years (starting from last year with FighterZ on the docket), and it aligned with that statement. Unless plans change (which is entirely possible), XV3 isn't on the immediate horizon. I don't know what that means for the game's development though. They presumably have to have something in mind while working on the Infinite History pack, but that doesn't mean actual development for the sequel is underway already.
ShadowBardock89 wrote:Dimps is already going to add her costume for your CAC as a part of a cross-promotion (I'm not sure what FighterZ will do on their end with a Xenoverse-related content. Maybe Xeno Trunks as a costume for Future Trunks?).
That was already revealed with 21's costume. I believe it was mentioned that if save data is detected between the two games, XV2 will unlock 21's outfit and FighterZ will unlock a Time Kaioshin avatar for the lobby.
Nia wrote:I wouldn't really call log-in bonuses/raids/etc. supporting it exactly. I mean those are nice, but those could be (and probably are when it's not a big patch or something) automated. Even Xenoverse 1 was still getting double XP events at random up until XV2 came out, and for all I know, still is... but I don't think anyone would call that still being supported (though some of those patches that came out late in it's lifespan could potentially be called support, I suppose).

That being said, stuff outside of the DLC like the Hero Colosseum, additional Expert Missions, and the upcoming partner system absolutely are what I'd classify as support since they add in new content.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Like I said, you may not consider it worthwhile (I don't), but that's pretty much the bare minimum effort they would have to put out. It's nice that interest has remained and they've continued with new DLC, but they absolutely didn't have to be adding in NEW content at this point. They already fulfilled their end of the bargain.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Seems like there will be another Merged Zamasu Raid starting tomorrow and will last through the 31st, and another character restricted Budokai where you'll be able to use Goku, Kuririn, and Yamcha coming some time in early Feb.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Nia wrote:Seems like there will be another Merged Zamasu Raid starting tomorrow and will last through the 31st, and another character restricted Budokai where you'll be able to use Goku, Kuririn, and Yamcha coming some time in early Feb.
Any word on what the rewards will be for the raid?

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:43 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Nia wrote:Seems like there will be another Merged Zamasu Raid starting tomorrow and will last through the 31st, and another character restricted Budokai where you'll be able to use Goku, Kuririn, and Yamcha coming some time in early Feb.
Any word on what the rewards will be for the raid?
From what I could tell, it seems to be the same as the last Merged Zamasu Raid. Based on what I got out of Google Translate (and my very limited knowledge of Japanese), the potential titles of God Soldier (or whatever they used in the English version as an equivelant) and Avenger, and the Gold Kame'senin outfit.