"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:All I've got left to do in the new DLC basically is do some grinding in the new PQ's to get all the skills, outfit pieces, and super souls. In regards to the skills, do we know if any of them are random drops off of characters or are they Ultimate Finish related? The ones left I need are Rough Ranger from 119. 'A Ranger's Duty', and Meditation and Power Rush from 122. 'The Final Battle Before the Final Battle?!'.
I don't remember whether Rough Ranger was a You Got Skill drop (though I don't think so), but I can confirm that Meditation drops that way from Jiren, and Power Rush is an Ultimate Finish reward.
Definitely seems to be the case - the only one I need now is Power Rush which is being a completely pain about dropping. It would be in one of the tougher PQ's too. :crazy:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:47 pm

My idea for a final DLC pack.

Characters:

Bebi Vegeta
Garlic Jr
Hatchiyack
Paikuhan
Super #13

Mentors:

Garlic Jr
Jiren
Paikuhan
Tapion
Bebi Vegeta

Stages:

Tournament of Power
Hell (GT)
Glacier (DBZ Movie 7)

New Tokipedia Missions:

Early Assassination - Hit has been hire to kill Goku, but however Hit arrives three years before #19 and Dr. Gero arrive when Goku, Piccolo and Gohan are training. Goku at this point of time can not defeat Hit, it's up to you and your mentor to help save Goku or let him be killed.

Deadzone Unbound - During the events of DBZ Movie 9, Gohan takes on Bojack until a Dead Zone opens up and Garlic Jr has arrive to get revenge on Gohan. Garlic Jr finds himself teaming up with Bojack in order to defeat Gohan.

Demonic Team Up - Before Dabra is turn into candy, Janemba is summon to help save Dabra from Majin Buu. Dabra teams up with Janemba in order to kill Majin Buu (We know that Dabra didn't die in XV2, but we never know what happen).

Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - Goku has reach SSj4 and plans to defeat Bebi with his new powers. All of a sudden, Hatchiyack appears and teams up with Bebi to wipe out the Saiyans once and for all.

Trap in Hell - Goku battles off against Cell and Freeza in Hell while everyone else is fighting off against Super 17. Fuu decides to give Freeza his Golden Form against Goku. Meanwhile Paikuhan shows up to aid Goku against Cell and Freeza.

The Ultimate Androids - Goku teams up with #18 to fight against Super 17 meanwhile Fu summons Super #13 to help Super 17 in battle to fight against Goku. Fu plans to gather a lot of energy in this change of history.

New Zero Mortals Plan - SSj4 Goku and SSj4 Vegeta battle against Super Yi Xing Long. Zamasu in the GT timeline arrives to team up with Super Yi Xing Long as he believes the Dragon Balls should be tools for the Gods and not Mortals. Super Yi Xing Long agrees to Zamasu's plans to wipe out all of the Mortals.

New Branching Routes for old Tokipedia missions:

Unwelcome Challenger - Bojack (Hard), Garlic Jr (Hard) and Tapion (Hard)

Videl's Vexation - Pan (Hard)

Another Savior Has Come! - Paikuhan (Hard)

Holding on to Hope - Jiren (Hard) (Jiren turns against Zamasu and Black to join on your side)

The Hero Tapion Awakens - Bebi Vegeta (Hard) and Garlic Jr (Hard)

Champion for Change - Jiren (Hard) and Paikuhan (Hard)
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm not saying this often, but your ideas are very cool, Hellspawn.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 pm

What if Tapion joins the Time Patrol in XV3? He's a hero stuck out of time, who then time travelled back in time at the end of his movie. Think of what could happen if he got an offer to join the Time Patrol & work with Trunks to protect the timeline alongside your CaCs. Trunks obviously knows about him through working for the TP, so it'd be pretty cool to see them working together.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Scsigs wrote:What if Tapion joins the Time Patrol in XV3? He's a hero stuck out of time, who then time travelled back in time at the end of his movie. Think of what could happen if he got an offer to join the Time Patrol & work with Trunks to protect the timeline alongside your CaCs. Trunks obviously knows about him through working for the TP, so it'd be pretty cool to see them working together.
I would love to see a teamup with Tapion,Trunks and your CaCs it would be cool and I like the idea of him joins the Time Patrol.
Last edited by Spider-Man on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm

[spoiler]Is it just me, or does taking Cooler along lead t him becoming more of an anti-hero? Like, his dialogue has him saying how you can't fail because you both need to protect your world. He even seems to disregard his rivalry with Frieza a bit in the last mission.[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:59 am

So based on the new interview translated by Herms (specifically bullet points 3 and 4 on this bit), I wonder if that's partially how we ended up with the voice and personality we've got for Jiren in the game's dub? Surely I'm not the only one that thinks the voice (which I'm pretty sure is Patrick Seitz) and cadence from him in the dub sounds more in line with Toppo. How early on in the process of everything do you think they would have been having English recording done for the character?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

Does anyone know where and when this happen? I don't remember seeing my Time Patroller and my mentor in that pose, and surely they don't have any technique that make them appear like that.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:Does anyone know where and when this happen? I don't remember seeing my Time Patroller and my mentor in that pose, and surely they don't have any technique that make them appear like that.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It could just be a shot made for the magazines. It doesn't look like a cutscene, just a shot from battle perhaps

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Double post I know, but saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting

https://mobile.twitter.com/rhymestyle/s ... 5217798145

If this is indeed legitimate (which I trust Rhyme somewhat), then it's disappointing that these are all we're getting. Would've like to have seen other presets already in the game. But maybe they'll release more with another update as they did with the Hero Colosseum

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:51 pm

I found a deck that break the game xD
If you use this deck in HC you can win easily every battle.

*Spoiler about a 7 star free battle* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmnZ5ZRunVQ

[spoiler]Basically is trunks + 4 gohan (i'm using 4 ssj gohan). Amazing.[/spoiler]

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 am

So, with Meditation, you are given 10 ki bars and a steady increase in ki for about a minute. The ki fill is enough to counter the SSJ Blue drain.

So, with it, you don't have to put ANY points into your ki, and even have a QQBang that is -5 in Ki.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:32 pm

I have to say i'm very surprised this game is still getting more content by the moment, like i don't really keep up with modern gaming because of economic reasons but as far as i remember most games only give you DLC for like the next 3 months or so and then it's over until there is a sequel or something of the sort, yet i think it's safe to say this is it for Xenoverse 2 like i don't think we are getting any new characters or something major of that caliber.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Dragotaker wrote:I have to say i'm very surprised this game is still getting more content by the moment, like i don't really keep up with modern gaming because of economic reasons but as far as i remember most games only give you DLC for like the next 3 months or so and then it's over until there is a sequel or something of the sort, yet i think it's safe to say this is it for Xenoverse 2 like i don't think we are getting any new characters or something major of that caliber.
A lot of people thought the same after the initial 4 DLCs. Then we got the last 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got one or two more down the road before X3 comes out. Considering how popular X2 is. That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:44 pm

btw that thing with the customization of characters and the ability to give them stuff like Super Saiyan to Nappa, does that come with the DLC or is some update and is there a particular reason he is the only saiyan you can give that transformation to??? and is he going to be the only one for at least this game or can we expect more people to be able later???

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:35 am

Dragotaker wrote:btw that thing with the customization of characters and the ability to give them stuff like Super Saiyan to Nappa, does that come with the DLC or is some update and is there a particular reason he is the only saiyan you can give that transformation to??? and is he going to be the only one for at least this game or can we expect more people to be able later???
The customization part is from the update, the actual story missions are the DLC.

It seems Nappa was the only character to get a new transformation. As stated before, I'm happy for the brute but why can't all the other characters get a transformation (like Potential Unleashed or the Kaioken)?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:btw that thing with the customization of characters and the ability to give them stuff like Super Saiyan to Nappa, does that come with the DLC or is some update and is there a particular reason he is the only saiyan you can give that transformation to??? and is he going to be the only one for at least this game or can we expect more people to be able later???
The customization part is from the update, the actual story missions are the DLC.

It seems Nappa was the only character to get a new transformation. As stated before, I'm happy for the brute but why can't all the other characters get a transformation (like Potential Unleashed or the Kaioken)?
Hopefully we can in an future DLC or Xenoverse 3.

SSJ Raditz
SSJ Pan
Ultimate Future Gohan
Kaioken-Kid Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo and Fat Buu.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Man, Power Rush continues to be a pain in the butt and not wanting to drop. It had to be in one of the toughest PQ's in the game too (though depending on the AI aggressiveness, it's made a little easier by having a couple of really good healing items, a good healing item that heals your whole team, a senzu item for in case you die, and a pair of Piccolos with the 'Kamicollo' super souls attached; oh, and using the super soul that's something about 'I hope you come back as a good person' to restore my ki every time I kill someone). Just wish it'd finally drop though.

The only other PQ I'm having to grind now is the one where your health will drop every so often due to Fu's experiment, PQ 121. Finally got Fu's Super Soul from it, so now I just need the rest of the Tuxedo and Wedding Dress outfits. Does anyone know if either of those outfit have hand/glove pieces at all? If not, I just need the top/shirt pieces.
Twitter

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Man, Power Rush continues to be a pain in the butt and not wanting to drop. It had to be in one of the toughest PQ's in the game too (though depending on the AI aggressiveness, it's made a little easier by having a couple of really good healing items, a good healing item that heals your whole team, a senzu item for in case you die, and a pair of Piccolos with the 'Kamicollo' super souls attached; oh, and using the super soul that's something about 'I hope you come back as a good person' to restore my ki every time I kill someone). Just wish it'd finally drop though.

The only other PQ I'm having to grind now is the one where your health will drop every so often due to Fu's experiment, PQ 121. Finally got Fu's Super Soul from it, so now I just need the rest of the Tuxedo and Wedding Dress outfits. Does anyone know if either of those outfit have hand/glove pieces at all? If not, I just need the top/shirt pieces.
I don't think they have hand pieces.

As for the Power Rush thing, is there any reason you can't do it online? It's a LOT easier when partnered with other players.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Nia wrote:I don't think they have hand pieces.

As for the Power Rush thing, is there any reason you can't do it online? It's a LOT easier when partnered with other players.
Sweet, I'm pretty close to being done with those then. I didn't think the Tuxedo would, but for the Wedding Dress I wasn't sure if it would have like those long sleeve things some wedding dresses have.

Unfortunately, I can't play online, no PS Plus. I'm stuck doing it all on my own. :crazy: But if I can just get the skill, I'll never have to play that PQ ever again, even if I wanted to try and Z rank everything (cuz even having Z Ranked it multiple times, it's never dropped, bah).
Twitter