"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 28, 2018 1:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Stuff like this always gives me a fear for video game content.

What i mean is, with xenoverse 2, when they add characters like Jiren to the game even though he just started fighting in the anime, they miss out on some much cool content that they could have added to Jiren before releasing him. But since they already have him in the game, they won’t bother to add his cool new attacks and we’ll never get that cool Jiren stuff ever.

I have that fear for Jiren, MUI Goku, and Hit. I really do hope all the cool stuff from the anime are added to these characters. I want the shirtless Jiren powerup, all of MUI Goku’s moves, and Hit’s air punches and time cage technique.
Goku and Hit did get an upgrade for the Universe Six tournament stuff
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 28, 2018 2:02 pm

I bet the announcement is the Android 21 outfit finally coming to the west.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Stuff like this always gives me a fear for video game content.

What i mean is, with xenoverse 2, when they add characters like Jiren to the game even though he just started fighting in the anime, they miss out on some much cool content that they could have added to Jiren before releasing him. But since they already have him in the game, they won’t bother to add his cool new attacks and we’ll never get that cool Jiren stuff ever.

I have that fear for Jiren, MUI Goku, and Hit. I really do hope all the cool stuff from the anime are added to these characters. I want the shirtless Jiren powerup, all of MUI Goku’s moves, and Hit’s air punches and time cage technique.
You'll get all that stuff in XV3.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:13 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I bet the announcement is the Android 21 outfit finally coming to the west.
Thats too anti-climactic. They said “special” Xenoverse 2 Announcement. Something like getting an outfit is just stupid.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 28, 2018 2:18 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I bet the announcement is the Android 21 outfit finally coming to the west.
Thats too anti-climactic. They said “special” Xenoverse 2 Announcement. Something like getting an outfit is just stupid.
The existence of the outfit is special.
They aren't hyping it up as a big announcement, it's just a thing during a FIGHTERZ stream, and the 21 outfit makes sense for that.
If it was anything big it'd be announced on it's own or in V-Jump.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:31 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I bet the announcement is the Android 21 outfit finally coming to the west.
Thats too anti-climactic. They said “special” Xenoverse 2 Announcement. Something like getting an outfit is just stupid.
The existence of the outfit is special.
They aren't hyping it up as a big announcement, it's just a thing during a FIGHTERZ stream, and the 21 outfit makes sense for that.
If it was anything big it'd be announced on it's own or in V-Jump.
Could also be netcode related.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 2:39 pm

So yea if we get 6 new characters here are some movesets I thought up for 6 certain characters who would be cool to get in the XV Series

Super Baby 2 Vegeta
Guard – Break Strike
Transformation – None
Ultimate 1 – Revenge Death Ball
Ultimate 2 – Final Flash
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Fistful of Pain
Super 3 – Destructo Disc
Super 4 – Revenge Blast

Majin 21
Guard – Break Strike
Transformation – None
Ultimate 1 – Total Release Ball
Ultimate 2 – Excellent Full Course
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Connoisseur Cut
Super 3 – Photon Wave
Super 4 – Tail Attack

Hatchiyack
Guard – Explosive Wave
Transformation – None
Ultimate 1 – Revenger Cannon
Ultimate 2 – Full Power Energy Wave
Super 1 – Revenger Charge
Super 2 – Ultimate Blow
Super 3 – Energy Wave Combo
Super 4 - Meteor Crash

Toppo
Guard – Explosive wave
Transformation – None
Ultimate 1 – Justice Flash
Ultimate 2 – Justice Crusher
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Justice Punch
Super 3 – Fighting Pose
Super 4 – Justice Beam

Kale
Guard – Blaster Meteor
Transformation – Super Saiyan C-Type with her SSJ2 form
Ultimate 1 – Gigantic Impact
Ultimate 2 – Resist Blast
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Trap Shooter
Super 3 – Resist Cannon
Super 4 – Meteor Crash

Caulifla
Guard – Explosive Wave
Transformation – Super Saiyan & SSJ2
Ultimate 1 – Burst of Energy
Ultimate 2 – Burning Strike
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Energy Fist
Super 3 – Crush Cannon
Super 4 – Meteor Crash

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Don't get raise your hopes too high, expect it to be netcode or No. 21 outfit related.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 2:43 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:I would like shirtless Jiren, Toppo or Hakaishin Toppo, Kefla and a better version of migatte no gokui.
Don't get raise your hopes too high, expect it to be netcode or No. 21 outfit related.
i kinda doubt its netcode

the very minimum is probably the 21 outfit or a very basic announcement of DLC incoming later this year maybe

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon May 28, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm praying for Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, or even Kafla. I need my girls!
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I'm praying for Caulifla, Kale, Ribrianne, or even Kafla. I need my girls!
how are these movesets?

Ribrianne Moveset
Guard – Instant Rise
Transformation – Super Ribrianne
Ultimate 1 – Ribrianne Eternal Love
Ultimate 2 – Max Love Cannon
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Pretty Cannon
Super 3 – Big Amour
Super 4 – A Maiden’s Charge

Kefla Moveset
Guard – Explosive Wave
Transformation – Super Saiyan & SSJ2
Ultimate 1 – Final Weapon
Ultimate 2 – Final Weapon Enhanced Gigantic Blast
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Gigantic Blast
Super 3 – Fist Cannonball
Super 4 – Her Kiai Jab Punches

Kale
Guard – Blaster Meteor
Transformation – Super Saiyan C-Type with her unique SSJ2 form
Ultimate 1 – Gigantic Impact
Ultimate 2 – Resist Blast
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Trap Shooter
Super 3 – Resist Cannon
Super 4 – Meteor Crash

Caulifla
Guard – Explosive Wave
Transformation – Super Saiyan & SSJ2
Ultimate 1 – Burst of Energy
Ultimate 2 – Burning Strike
Super 1 – Maximum Charge
Super 2 – Energy Fist
Super 3 – Crush Cannon
Super 4 – Meteor Crash

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 915
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm

TOP DLC with several new characters.

Yeah, I know. That's probably X3, but I can still hope.

User avatar
MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon May 28, 2018 8:46 pm

I hope the announcement is more mentor customization honestly. I feel that feature still needs some serious fleshing out.

Character wise, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla, and Toppo would really be the only ones I'd like to see.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon May 28, 2018 9:02 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I hope the announcement is more mentor customization honestly. I feel that feature still needs some serious fleshing out.

Character wise, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla, and Toppo would really be the only ones I'd like to see.
Yea a improvement to the mentor customization would be cool where it could be something like

Android 18 getting the rest of Android related moves plus Rest of Krillin’s Moves she doesn’t have.

SSJ for Turles,Pan,Raditz

Beerus getting champa’s Special move

Plus more special mentor costumes pulled from the franchise

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1083
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Universe Survival DLC with several new characters.

Yeah, I know. That's probably X3, but I can still hope.
Fixed! :lol:
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 pm

More DLCs, characters, fixes and couple of other stuff confirmed! :clap:
Last edited by Grimlock on Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 29, 2018 7:49 pm

I will happily eat crow on this one.
Hopefully Jiren gets an update with more stuff and we get Kefla and Toppo.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 29, 2018 7:50 pm

Additional DLC
Skill Balance
Netcode Fix
More Free Updates
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I will happily eat crow on this one.
Hopefully Jiren gets an update with more stuff and we get Kefla and Toppo.
I'm glad you were wrong. No offense
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue May 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Holy crap, yes! :mrgreen:

It's crazy how much support this game has had after launch.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Hopefully some of the characters come with a new Story Mode, I'm not expecting Universe Survival saga to be adapted, but for the characters to at least appear in the Infinite History saga.

All I ask for are:

• Super Saiyan forms to Movie 15 Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.
• Super Saiyan 2 to Cabba.
• Caulifla.
• Baby Vegeta (base and second form, if possible).

Post Reply