"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SSJmole
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm shocked how much extra dlc is coming. I assumed they'd be big selling points of xenoverse 3. It's also bad I've stopped playing ps4 version started over on switch. That's all I play it on now lol

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm

I would have liked to have caulifla and kale separately
although the truth kefla >>>> Housewife (others DB Girls)
I'm kinda hoping that she gets special dialogue with Vegito and Gogeta
ArchedThunder wrote:HD Screens, she looks great.
[spoiler]Image
Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]
looks great!!

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Logania » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Has there been any confirmed date or anything yet for these packs? I'm sure there's more characters coming for Extra Pack 3, but hopefully it'll be released around September or so. (Although personally if it's out September that would suck, as Spider-Man is going to take all of my time for awhile so it'll be a bit of time until I'd get to the DLC)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5650
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:14 pm

I never thought I would see the day Kanzenshuu itself possibly being sarcastic, and I loved it! :lol:

I don't remember VegettoX or whoever updates the front website explaining who are the fusees whenever Gogeta, Vegetto or Gotenks appear there, even so, they even put in bold and use a color to further explain the source of the different spelling in regards to the unfortunate usual.

Image

Simply amazing! :clap:
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:I never thought I would see the day Kanzenshuu itself possibly being sarcastic, and I loved it! :lol:

I don't remember VegettoX or whoever updates the front website explaining who are the fusees whenever Gogeta, Vegetto or Gotenks appear there, even so, they even put in bold and use a color to further explain the source of the different spelling in regards to the unfortunate usual.

Image

Simply amazing! :clap:
Well, Kale + Caulifla = Kefla makes no less sense than Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito. First of all, where did the i come from? lol

User avatar
MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 806
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:15 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I never thought I would see the day Kanzenshuu itself possibly being sarcastic, and I loved it! :lol:

I don't remember VegettoX or whoever updates the front website explaining who are the fusees whenever Gogeta, Vegetto or Gotenks appear there, even so, they even put in bold and use a color to further explain the source of the different spelling in regards to the unfortunate usual.

Image

Simply amazing! :clap:
Well, Kale + Caulifla = Kefla makes no less sense than Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito. First of all, where did the i come from? lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the kanji spelling of Vegeta's name is "Bejita", so it could be from that

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I never thought I would see the day Kanzenshuu itself possibly being sarcastic, and I loved it! :lol:

I don't remember VegettoX or whoever updates the front website explaining who are the fusees whenever Gogeta, Vegetto or Gotenks appear there, even so, they even put in bold and use a color to further explain the source of the different spelling in regards to the unfortunate usual.

Image

Simply amazing! :clap:
Well, Kale + Caulifla = Kefla makes no less sense than Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito. First of all, where did the i come from? lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the kanji spelling of Vegeta's name is "Bejita", so it could be from that
The spelling has been around at least since 1999 (years before Funimation even dubbed the Buu arc):
Image
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6022
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:00 am

When's that FighterZ/Xenoverse stream again?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5650
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Well, Kale + Caulifla = Kefla makes no less sense than Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito. First of all, where did the i come from? lol
I have an idea where both that "I" ("Vegito") and "E" ("Kefla") may have come from but it's better not to say out loud, if you know what I mean. :shifty:
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:47 am

Grimlock wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Well, Kale + Caulifla = Kefla makes no less sense than Vegeta + Kakarot = Vegito. First of all, where did the i come from? lol
I have an idea where both that "I" ("Vegito") and "E" ("Kefla") may have come from but it's better not to say out loud, if you know what I mean. :shifty:
Is it "Bejita to Kakarotto -> Bejitto" and "Keru to Karifura -> Kefura"? :o :wink:
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:I never thought I would see the day Kanzenshuu itself possibly being sarcastic, and I loved it! :lol:
Guess you missed that day, then
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5650
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Xaroc wrote:Is it "Bejita to Kakarotto -> Bejitto" and "Keru to Karifura -> Kefura"? :o :wink:
No, that is Japanese rules that do not apply to the romanized version.
jeffbr92 wrote:Guess you missed that day, then
Oh god, I forgot about that one. :lol:
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:31 pm

It's kinda weird that Vegito got part of the Japanese "Kakarotto" in it. If they were being consistent with the English dub, they should have called him Vegerot. Which, I gather from the wiki was actually the name used in the English translation of the manga.

User avatar
ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:06 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:It's kinda weird that Vegito got part of the Japanese "Kakarotto" in it. If they were being consistent with the English dub, they should have called him Vegerot. Which, I gather from the wiki was actually the name used in the English translation of the manga.
The English dub had not even reached the Buu Saga when that version of the name was placed on merchandise!
The image I posted was a figure sold in 1999. The in-house Funimation dub was just releasing the Ginyu Saga the same year and the Buu Saga would not be aired until 2001 and Vegetto himself would not appear until November of 2002.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:16 pm

So the Bandai Japan site for XV2 has updated the dlc section to include Kefla

Which also has revealed that she looks like she has the Energy Barrage Version of Gigantic Blast

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Image
So the first section is the characters, what is the second section and what is listed? Also I assume under that it's saying that there is more content to be revealed, is that right?

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 pm

Finally! Now we have all three main villains from GT.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 am

So, anybody else grinding medals for the new DLC?

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:25 am

Jackalope89 wrote:So, anybody else grinding medals for the new DLC?
There’s no point really when you can buy them on the PSN Store.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 am

it's a very weird pack ...

Post Reply