"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Image
So the first section is the characters, what is the second section and what is listed? Also I assume under that it's saying that there is more content to be revealed, is that right?
The second section is clothing/accessories.

And after that it says more to be revealed in the second report. This is all according to google translate. If this doesn’t drop by the end of July, I’d say we might get a 2 character reveal in V-Jump for August and the pack will release on the last Tuesday of August. But what characters?

I can’t see us getting on without the other for Kale and Caulifla so they could be the last 2. Or it could just be Majuub and Toppo. But then again, Toppo should come with Dyspo. So maybe Majuub and Ribrianne. What about Pikkon?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:49 am

Jackalope89 wrote:So, anybody else grinding medals for the new DLC?
Last time there was 2x TP medals, I farmed for it nonstop and got like 3,500 medals. Kept it stockpiled for all potential skills and new outfits coming out lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:44 am

[spoiler]
ArchedThunder wrote:Image
So the first section is the characters, what is the second section and what is listed? Also I assume under that it's saying that there is more content to be revealed, is that right?
[/spoiler]

Dagblastit, where's my clean transparent .PNGs of these renders. You're killin' me, Bamco.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 am

The S wrote: Dagblastit, where's my clean transparent .PNGs of these renders. You're killin' me, Bamco.
I have render of Baby, but no Kefla yet it seems. Not sure if this was released by Bandai but i found it on some news sites.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 am

I like how each new character has gotten at least 4 new attacks in this DLC.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:53 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I like how each new character has gotten at least 4 new attacks in this DLC.
Well

Kefla has currently shown

- Gigantic Blast (Energy Barrage Version) & possibility it’s Energy Sphere Version
- Final Weapon
- Final Weapon Enhanced Gigantic Blast

So she needs her Fist Cannonball attack

While Super Baby 2 Vegeta has

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Bariant Drive
Reverse Shot

So that’s 8 skills for the CaC and if Fist Cannonball gets added to kefla then that’s 9 skills for our CaC

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 am

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I like how each new character has gotten at least 4 new attacks in this DLC.
Well

- Gigantic Blast (Energy Barrage Version) & possibility it’s Energy Sphere Version
- Final Weapon

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Bariant Drive
Reverse Shot

So that’s 8 skills for the CaC and if Fist Cannonball gets added to kefla then that’s 9 skills for our CaC
Pretty sure the rush attack is supposed to be her fist cannonball attack. https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1019596125865725957

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:21 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
Well

- Final Weapon

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Bariant Drive
Reverse Shot

Pretty sure the rush attack is supposed to be her fist cannonball attack. https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1019596125865725957
No

Her rush attack is the Energy Sphere Version of Gigantic Blast

Fist Cannonball Description: Kefla charges a green ki sphere in her hand and throws it into her opponent. The attack zigzags during the flight making it extremely hard to reflect, after hitting the target, it explodes with green energy.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Fist_Cannonball

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
Well

- Final Weapon

Revenge Death Ball
Revenge Final Flash
Bariant Drive
Reverse Shot

No

Fist Cannonball Description: Kefla charges a green ki sphere in her hand and throws it into her opponent. The attack zigzags during the flight making it extremely hard to reflect, after hitting the target, it explodes with green energy.

Oh, u mean that attack. They how would there be nine? We have Rey Blast, Gigantic Breaker, Fist Cannonball, and the unnamed rush punch attack. What are you talking about when you say Gigantic Blast (energy barrage version and energy sphere version)? And what the hell are final weapon and final weapon enhances Gigantic blast? None of those names show up on the scan.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:37 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Pretty sure the rush attack is supposed to be her fist cannonball attack. https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1019596125865725957
No

Oh, u mean that attack. They how would there be nine? We have Rey Blast, Gigantic Breaker, Fist Cannonball, and the unnamed rush punch attack. What are you talking about when you say Gigantic Blast (energy barrage version and energy sphere version)? And what the hell are final weapon and final weapon enhances Gigantic blast? None of those names show up on the scan.
The Energy Barrage Version of Gigantic Blast is the small Energy balls attack she did to Goku when he activated Ultra instinct omen against her

The Energy Sphere Version is when she jumped towards UI Omen Goku and fires that one handed red ball but then Goku dodges The attack and her

Final weapon is http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Weapon

Final weapon enhanced Gigantic Blast is the attack Goku used the sliding Kamehameha on to beat her.

We don’t have fist Cannonball, her punch attack is obviously her Kiai Jab-like punch

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
No

The Energy Barrage Version of Gigantic Blast is the small Energy balls attack she did to Goku when he activated Ultra instinct omen against her

The Energy Sphere Version is when she jumped towards UI Omen Goku and fires that one handed red ball but then Goku dodges The attack and her

Final weapon enhanced Gigantic Blast is the attack Goku used the sliding Kamehameha on to beat her.

We don’t have fist Cannonball, her punch attack is obviously her Kiai Jab-like punch
You’re mixing this all up.

What you call “final weapon” is what the game is calling Ray Blast. What you call “Gigantic Blast” is what the game calls Gigantic Breaker. There is no “energy barrage version” of Gigantic Breaker in the series or game. Thats a completely different move you described. There is no energy sphere version either. Thats also a completely different attack. And thats the same attack as the unnamed rush attack from the scans. We know this because it has the same animation as Kafla did for that attack from the anime in the game if you miss. It’s not a Kiai.

Those are the 4 attacks.

Gigantic Breaker is the Ult.
Ray Blast is the super
The rush attack is the same as the red, one-handed ball attack and its a super
The attacks where she holds those green ki balls in both her hands is also a super

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Oh, u mean that attack. They how would there be nine? We have Rey Blast, Gigantic Breaker, Fist Cannonball, and the unnamed rush punch attack. What are you talking about when you say Gigantic Blast (energy barrage version and energy sphere version)? And what the hell are final weapon and final weapon enhances Gigantic blast? None of those names show up on the scan.

What you call “final weapon” is what the game is calling Ray Blast. What you call “Gigantic Blast” is what the game calls Gigantic Breaker. There is no “energy barrage version” of Gigantic Breaker in the series or game. Thats a completely different move you described. There is no energy sphere version either. Thats also a completely different attack. And thats the same attack as the unnamed rush attack from the scans. We know this because it has the same animation as Kafla did for that attack from the anime in the game if you miss. It’s not a Kiai.

Those are the 4 attacks.

Ray Blast is the super
The attacks where she holds those green ki balls in both her hands is also a super

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gigantic_Blast

Gigantic Blast has 3 classes
Energy Wave - the attack Goku used the sliding Kamehameha on to beat her
Energy Barrage - the green ki balls Ultra Instinct Omen Goku dodged when he activated Omen
Energy Sphere - the red one handed Sphere Rush attack

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:31 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

Those are the 4 attacks.

Ray Blast is the super

Energy Barrage - the green ki balls Ultra Instinct Omen Goku dodged when he activated Omen
The thing is, this is all a wiki created concept. All of the attacks aren’t just divisions of one main attack. They’re different. The attack Goku slid on is being officially called Gigantic Breaker. And the red, one handed attack is gonna be named something completely different. The only attack that is actually officially named Gigantic Blast is the energy barrage one. Wiki may says they’re classes but those attacks are not different classes of the same attack. Wiki is the one that name Kefla’s attack Final Weapon and that name has never been used or said.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: You’re mixing this all up.

Those are the 4 attacks.

Ray Blast is the super

The thing is, this is all a wiki created concept. All of the attacks aren’t just divisions of one main attack. They’re different. The attack Goku slid on is being officially called Gigantic Breaker. And the red, one handed attack is gonna be named something completely different. The only attack that is actually officially named Gigantic Blast is the energy barrage one. Wiki may says they’re classes but those attacks are not different classes of the same attack. Wiki is the one that name Kefla’s attack Final Weapon and that name has never been used or said.
This is the last time I am talking to you about this

Vados was the one who gave the name Final Weapon

Plus blame the writers for not giving all her attacks individual names.

So stop trying to “win” this by being stubborn

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:50 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

Lol, idk why ur getting frustrated. I’m just giving you the facts.

Ans you’re wrong about Vados naming Kefla’s attack. She literally only says that Kefla’s attack is a final weapon. “Final weapon” in lowercase. As in, not a title of something. As in literally using the word “final” as an adjective to describe Kefla’s attack which she calls her weapon. So no, Vados didn’t give a name. I’m not complaining about anything and there is no need to blame anyone. I’m telling you what the real names of the attacks are and that you shouldn’t base stuff off of dbwiki all the time.

The fact that you think this is a discussion I'm trying to win is very stupid on your part.

So as I said in the beginning:

Kefla has 4 attacks.

Ray Blast
Gigantic Breaker
The unnamed red one-handed rush attack
Gigantic blast (the attack with the green ki balls according to dokkan)

Baby has 4 attacks.

Revenge Final Flash
Revenge Death Ball
Reverse Shot
Variant Drive

8 in all.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:52 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

I'm pretty sure Vados just said that Kefla's attack was her final weapon, as in the last thing she can do to win, not that her move is called that.

Also XV2 sometimes changes the names of the attacks from those of the anime or the games.

An example of this is "You will die by my hand!" is called "Last Emperor" here.

(And DB Wiki isn't the most accurare source)

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: The thing is, this is all a wiki created concept. All of the attacks aren’t just divisions of one main attack. They’re different. The attack Goku slid on is being officially called Gigantic Breaker. And the red, one handed attack is gonna be named something completely different. The only attack that is actually officially named Gigantic Blast is the energy barrage one. Wiki may says they’re classes but those attacks are not different classes of the same attack. Wiki is the one that name Kefla’s attack Final Weapon and that name has never been used or said.

Ans you’re wrong about Vados naming Kefla’s attack. She literally only says that Kefla’s attack is a final weapon. “Final weapon” in lowercase. As in, not a title of something. As in literally using the word “final” as an adjective to describe Kefla’s attack which she calls her weapon. So no, Vados didn’t give a name. I’m not complaining about anything and there is no need to blame anyone. I’m telling you what the real names of the attacks are and that you shouldn’t base stuff off of dbwiki all the time.

The fact that you think this is a discussion I'm trying to win is very stupid on your part.

Kefla has 4 attacks.

Ray Blast
Gigantic Breaker

Baby has 4 attacks.

Revenge Final Flash
Revenge Death Ball
Reverse Shot
Variant Drive

8 in all.
Wait. Isn't the rush attack also Gigantic Breaker? It looks to me as if if the rush works she launches the rest of the attack (the red and green ki blast)

Sorry for double-post.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I can’t see us getting on without the other for Kale and Caulifla so they could be the last 2. Or it could just be Majuub and Toppo. But then again, Toppo should come with Dyspo. So maybe Majuub and Ribrianne. What about Pikkon?
Here's my prediction:

DLC 7
Baby Vegeta
Kale
Caulifla
Kafla

DLC 8
Toppo (Base, GoD)
Dyspo
Pikkon
Majuub

Sadly, I don't see Ribrianne making it to either pack. :(
Caulifla best girl! :)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:13 pm

DiamondX wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

Kefla has 4 attacks.

Ray Blast
Gigantic Breaker

Baby has 4 attacks.

Revenge Final Flash
Revenge Death Ball
Reverse Shot
Variant Drive

8 in all.
Wait. Isn't the rush attack also Gigantic Breaker? It looks to me as if if the rush works she launches the rest of the attack (the red and green ki blast)

Sorry for double-post.
Hmmm. It could be. That would explain why the rush attack was unnamed. It could be a 2-part attack

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I can’t see us getting on without the other for Kale and Caulifla so they could be the last 2. Or it could just be Majuub and Toppo. But then again, Toppo should come with Dyspo. So maybe Majuub and Ribrianne. What about Pikkon?
Here's my prediction:

DLC 7
Baby Vegeta
Kale
Caulifla
Kafla

DLC 8
Toppo (Base, GoD)
Dyspo
Pikkon
Majuub

Sadly, I don't see Ribrianne making it to either pack. :(
I like that list. What i fear for Ribrianne is that she won’t make it because Dimps and Bandai will see all the hate around her and think that adding her is a waste of time. Which sucks because, for one, i don’t actually hate her and i think her attacks are quite unique, and two, it would suck that we lost a key player from the T.o.P arc just because people hated her. As i always say, choose important characters over popular characters when it comes to video game rosters.