"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:39 am

With how long it's taking to announce the release of the 3rd extra pack, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a 3rd secret character that'll be announced for it in a few days alongside V-Jump.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:47 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:On another note, going off of what we’ve seen, i think i know how Broly from dbs will be implemented.

We’d get Base broly with one present without armor and one with armor and the preset with armor has his rage transformation where he gets the yellow eyes. From there, we’d either get a completely new character dedicated to Full Power Broly or it will also be a transformation that comes after the rage transformation like how the super saiyan transformation works in XV2 where you can go from ssj1 to ssj3.
I don't think we're going to get that many variations of new Broly in XV2. Maybe XV3. It's also unlikely that the character will have any transformations, since most transformations (especially dramatic ones that change the person's body shape) are treated as separate characters on the roster. We're probably going to get Full Power Broly and something unrelated like SSBE Vegeta or Gogeta Blue.
I wasn’t speaking in the context of getting mother DLC. I think its best that they save all the Broly movie content for XV3 instead of trying to squeeze the bare minimum into XV2 DLC, let alone a DLC of only 2 characters.

XV3 will have to focus on Dragon Ball characters, T.o.P characters, and the Broly movie characters, with some SDBHeroes characters here or there. Maybe even Android 21 and Shallot on the side.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am

sintzu wrote:With how long it's taking to announce the release of the 3rd extra pack, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a 3rd secret character that'll be announced for it in a few days alongside V-Jump.
Idk about that. They already released a pic which showed off Extra Pack 3 with just Kefla and Baby and then Extra Pack 4 with 2 unknown characters. If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
That's the most logical thing but I'm just trying to make sense about why it's taking so long to release it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:17 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
That's the most logical thing but I'm just trying to make sense about why it's taking so long to release it.
Yeah, i feel like realistically, for a pack with only 2 characters, it would have released on the last week of July, not August. But maybe they’re taking so long, not because of the DLC, but the free update which contains skill balances for hundreds of skills and the netcode fix. It would be cool if we got a third surprise character or hell, maybe they actually update some of the already playable characters like Jiren and MUI Goku who don’t really have any of the moves they used in their debut.

Which reminds me why i dont want DBS Broly content for the next DLC. XV2 has a problem, mainly from Extra Pack 2, of creating characters before they actually debut which means that they dont really have any of the attacks they actually do use in when they do debut. I don’t want a half-assed Broly and Gogeta (my personal prediction) who were made prematurely (before their debut) so they dont fight like how they should or have the attacks the should have. I’d be happy to take costumes from the DBS movie but we’re missing too many T.o.P costumes to just skip over them
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:With how long it's taking to announce the release of the 3rd extra pack, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a 3rd secret character that'll be announced for it in a few days alongside V-Jump.
Idk about that. They already released a pic which showed off Extra Pack 3 with just Kefla and Baby and then Extra Pack 4 with 2 unknown characters. If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
Wait what!!!??? there is more to come than just Baby and Kefla???

User avatar
DiamondX
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:25 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiamondX » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
sintzu wrote:With how long it's taking to announce the release of the 3rd extra pack, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a 3rd secret character that'll be announced for it in a few days alongside V-Jump.
Idk about that. They already released a pic which showed off Extra Pack 3 with just Kefla and Baby and then Extra Pack 4 with 2 unknown characters. If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
Wait what!!!??? there is more to come than just Baby and Kefla???
Yes. We are getting a 4th Extra Pack in winter with another 2 characters.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:22 pm

DiamondX wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Idk about that. They already released a pic which showed off Extra Pack 3 with just Kefla and Baby and then Extra Pack 4 with 2 unknown characters. If there was a third character for Extra Pack 3, they would have had a black spot for the unknown character next to Baby and Kefla.
Wait what!!!??? there is more to come than just Baby and Kefla???
Yes. We are getting a 4th Extra Pack in winter with another 2 characters.
Possibly Broly as one of them.

Or it could be more ToP characters like Toppo and Ribrianne, or Kale and Caulifla.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Broly is a pretty safe bet, I think. It's not exactly hard to make a move set for him and I'm sure there'll be at least a little overlap between him and the existing Broly.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Broly is a pretty safe bet, I think. It's not exactly hard to make a move set for him and I'm sure there'll be at least a little overlap between him and the existing Broly.
So long as he has a better ultimate. Regular Broly's ultimate is a pain to get off.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Broly is a pretty safe bet, I think. It's not exactly hard to make a move set for him and I'm sure there'll be at least a little overlap between him and the existing Broly.
Plz no. Why cant they just wait for Broly to actually show off his stuff in the movie before creating him for quick bucks. I dont want a UI Goku and Jiren repeat. I dont want a half-assed Broly who, like Frost was to Freeza, feels half new and half like the old Broly.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Broly is a pretty safe bet, I think. It's not exactly hard to make a move set for him and I'm sure there'll be at least a little overlap between him and the existing Broly.
Plz no. Why cant they just wait for Broly to actually show off his stuff in the movie before creating him for quick bucks. I dont want a UI Goku and Jiren repeat. I dont want a half-assed Broly who, like Frost was to Freeza, feels half new and half like the old Broly.
The movie's storyboard was finished back in October and animation for a very large chunk of the film is done now with corrections likely being one of the big focuses right now.
Even if they don't have animation to work with when developing they have the storyboard and then can tweak things as they are animated.
It shouldn't be an issue.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Broly is a pretty safe bet, I think. It's not exactly hard to make a move set for him and I'm sure there'll be at least a little overlap between him and the existing Broly.
Plz no. Why cant they just wait for Broly to actually show off his stuff in the movie before creating him for quick bucks. I dont want a UI Goku and Jiren repeat. I dont want a half-assed Broly who, like Frost was to Freeza, feels half new and half like the old Broly.
The movie's storyboard was finished back in October and animation for a very large chunk of the film is likely done now with corrections likely being one of the big focuses right now.
Even if they don't have animation to work with when developing they have the storyboard and then can tweak things as they are animated.
It shouldn't be an issue.
How do we know the XV team has access to the movie’s storyboard? Because it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for episode 130 when MUI Goku was really shown off. And it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for any of the episodes where Jiren ACTUALLY started to show off his attacks.

Thats why MUI Goku doesn’t have any of the attacks he showed off in the anime and Jiren only has 2 of the attacks (if we count meditation as an attack) he used in the anime.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: How do we know the XV team has access to the movie’s storyboard? Because it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for episode 130 when MUI Goku was really shown off. And it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for any of the episodes where Jiren ACTUALLY started to show off his attacks.

Thats why MUI Goku doesn’t have any of the attacks he showed off in the anime and Jiren only has 2 of the attacks (if we count meditation as an attack) he used in the anime.
That was also a TV show with a fucked up production. When production started on UI Goku and Jiren the board for 130 was likely not even started.
Extra Pack 4 will probably come in January or February, so they'll likely start production around September or October, and by then the movie's animation will be pretty much done (though not totally corrected).
Also having Broly do things from the movie serves as a better advertisement for said movie and incentivizes people who have seen it to buy the DLC.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:26 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: How do we know the XV team has access to the movie’s storyboard? Because it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for episode 130 when MUI Goku was really shown off. And it didn’t seem like they had the storyboard for any of the episodes where Jiren ACTUALLY started to show off his attacks.

Thats why MUI Goku doesn’t have any of the attacks he showed off in the anime and Jiren only has 2 of the attacks (if we count meditation as an attack) he used in the anime.
That was also a TV show with a fucked up production. When production started on UI Goku and Jiren the board for 130 was likely not even started.
Extra Pack 4 will probably come in January or February, so they'll likely start production around September or October, and by then the movie's animation will be pretty much done (though not totally corrected).
Also having Broly do things from the movie serves as a better advertisement for said movie and incentivizes people who have seen it to buy the DLC.
I want broly saved for XV3 but if he really is in DLC 8, i hope you’re right
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4636
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:00 am

As a fan, I missed Baby Vegeta in XV since the first instalment, but after having played the hell out of XV2, returning just for some local battle fun match ups, I do not know if I even want Baby Vegeta and Kefla, as Baby was not looking that fun in video, rather generic and somehow those five PQs do not sell it for me and I really never cared much for outfits.

Hero Coloseum is dragged out borefest and anime music pack is damn overpriced (I actually miss the option on X360 to play my own music in Raging Blast 2).
After FighterZ, I think I am done with this series :( Maybe, when XV3 comes out in the future and have the classic DB era in, I am probably in :)
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Shallot was shown with golden eyes long before that same thing was shown on one or Broly's new forms. I think the game designers have had at least some inside information on the movie for a while. Undoubtedly, they know more than we do.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

MCDaveG wrote:As a fan, I missed Baby Vegeta in XV since the first instalment, but after having played the hell out of XV2, returning just for some local battle fun match ups, I do not know if I even want Baby Vegeta and Kefla, as Baby was not looking that fun in video, rather generic and somehow those five PQs do not sell it for me and I really never cared much for outfits.

Hero Coloseum is dragged out borefest and anime music pack is damn overpriced (I actually miss the option on X360 to play my own music in Raging Blast 2).
After FighterZ, I think I am done with this series :( Maybe, when XV3 comes out in the future and have the classic DB era in, I am probably in :)
Eh, I can only do fighter games for so long. I can never get past a certain point with them, even with FighterZ simplified controls compared to other fighter games.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:09 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Shallot was shown with golden eyes long before that same thing was shown on one or Broly's new forms. I think the game designers have had at least some inside information on the movie for a while. Undoubtedly, they know more than we do.
I cant help but let my pessimism tell me that Broly have golden eyes will never be explained.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5746
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 pm

Livestream on 23rd.

The release date is certainly on 28th then. I won't be able to watch but hopefully Kafla does display the Super Saiyan 2 transformation.

Post Reply