"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Nia
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:42 am

nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
That's a very good question.
Heh... so much for sleep, now I'm curious. It wouldn't be that new Raid Mode or whatever already, would it?

Edit: According to the patch notes: It's rebalanced battle mechanics and other adjustments.

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 am

Nia wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
That's a very good question.
Heh... so much for sleep, now I'm curious. It wouldn't be that new Raid Mode or whatever already, would it?

Edit: According to the patch notes: It's rebalanced battle mechanics and other adjustments.
Has to be more than that at 2.4 gb you would think. Link to patch notes please?

Edit: Version 1.18 Notes

Rebalanced battle mechanics
Made other improvements/adjustments

That really does seem to be it. Maybe we need some data miners on the scene.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 am

nato25 wrote:
Nia wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
That's a very good question.
Heh... so much for sleep, now I'm curious. It wouldn't be that new Raid Mode or whatever already, would it?

Edit: According to the patch notes: It's rebalanced battle mechanics and other adjustments.
Has to be more than that at 2.4 gb you would think. Link to patch notes please?

Edit: Version 1.18 Notes

Rebalanced battle mechanics
Made other improvements/adjustments

That really does seem to be it. Maybe we need some data miners on the scene.
I've tweeted Komodo about it, perhaps it's some foundations being laid for the next DLC
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:28 pm

nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice if we got patch notes.

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:21 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice if we got patch notes.
We did, read a few posts up, nothing special just rebalancing is stated but no doubt with that much data there is some prep work for future content hidden there.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 am

nato25 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18. Is this a new update? What are we getting?
I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice if we got patch notes.
We did, read a few posts up, nothing special just rebalancing is stated but no doubt with that much data there is some prep work for future content hidden there.
Komodo couldn't find anything
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:
nato25 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. Would be nice if we got patch notes.
We did, read a few posts up, nothing special just rebalancing is stated but no doubt with that much data there is some prep work for future content hidden there.
Komodo couldn't find anything
Dimps should probably work on optimising their patches then haha.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:59 pm

nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18
[/quote]

How much it takes for a 2.00 version?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Noah wrote:
nato25 wrote:I'm downloading a 2.4 gb update for version 1.18
How much it takes for a 2.00 version?[/quote]

A 2.00 Version would most likely happen if they decide to implement a massive sized update that has a lot of major changes

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:53 pm

I have a strong feeling XV3 will have a Battle Royale Mode. And in that mode, only certain maps will be selectable. It doesn’t seem like it would be as hard to implement as other modes and with how the T.o.P was a Battle Royale and 2017 through 2018 has basically been the year of battle royale in video games, i feel like they’d take advantage of its hype by using it
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:07 am

A Battle Royale mode....I dunno how that would work exactly because I've not played anything like it but it'd probably be a lot of fun.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:56 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I have a strong feeling XV3 will have a Battle Royale Mode. And in that mode, only certain maps will be selectable. It doesn’t seem like it would be as hard to implement as other modes and with how the T.o.P was a Battle Royale and 2017 through 2018 has basically been the year of battle royale in video games, i feel like they’d take advantage of its hype by using it
I doubt it, a Battle Royale mode wouldn't really work with Xenoverse's mechanics unless they spruce it up in certain ways
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1319
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:30 am

I was thinking about this the other day and I would love a battle royale mode with 80 player cap to mimic the ToP. It would be a blast, forming little alliances, fighting like crazy all over the map. Maybe make it no more than 2 players can lock onto a single target to help prevent ganging up.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:35 am

nato25 wrote:I was thinking about this the other day and I would love a battle royale mode with 80 player cap to mimic the ToP. It would be a blast, forming little alliances, fighting like crazy all over the map. Maybe make it no more than 2 players can lock onto a single target to help prevent ganging up.
They would have to make the TOP stage pretty damn gigantic, though I would love a stage that changes over time like how the TOP stage got more and more damaged
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 am

XV3 doing a battle royale mode could really put it on the map if done right. Most other BR games tend to be shooters and people currently have felt sick of how everything is just the same, so having one being a fighting battle royale would really breath some fresh air into that sub-genre. At the moment, it seems up to seven characters (6 players and a boss) can be on the same stage, so to be able to have up to 80 characters together would really have to expand the stage size.

A destructible Tournament of Power stage is a given, and the Sky, Space (Earth and Vegeta) and Tree of Might stages seem endless enough to fit that many. Namek and the Island/Beach stages also seem big enough too. Maybe there could be a new stages just for the mode too, I remember Chronoa asking for a big timespace tournament a while back so that could fit the description.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:53 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:XV3 doing a battle royale mode could really put it on the map if done right. Most other BR games tend to be shooters and people currently have felt sick of how everything is just the same, so having one being a fighting battle royale would really breath some fresh air into that sub-genre. At the moment, it seems up to seven characters (6 players and a boss) can be on the same stage, so to be able to have up to 80 characters together would really have to expand the stage size.

A destructible Tournament of Power stage is a given, and the Sky, Space (Earth and Vegeta) and Tree of Might stages seem endless enough to fit that many. Namek and the Island/Beach stages also seem big enough too. Maybe there could be a new stages just for the mode too, I remember Chronoa asking for a big timespace tournament a while back so that could fit the description.
Do you really think Xenoverse would ever be able to handle 80 characters on screen at once?

Also, in my opinion, if you're gonna make a giant map, making it one that's just an empty skybox is just boring. I'd prefer a giant version of stages like Namek and Island where you have environmental stuff and objects to get in the way.

Though if they did manage 80 players, wanna bet one of the story missions will be having almost the entire roster appearing in the TOP stage?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:Do you really think Xenoverse would ever be able to handle 80 characters on screen at once?

Also, in my opinion, if you're gonna make a giant map, making it one that's just an empty skybox is just boring. I'd prefer a giant version of stages like Namek and Island where you have environmental stuff and objects to get in the way.

Though if they did manage 80 players, wanna bet one of the story missions will be having almost the entire roster appearing in the TOP stage?
Considering how basic the engine is, I think so. We have PQs that have 5 regular players, or 1-4 players & 1-4 NPCs, & a giant ape Saiyan in the same battle, so I can't imagine an 80-player arena would be that bad. If the Black Ops 4 engine, which is more complex than DBXV2's, can handle 100 people, then XV3 can handle 100 people.

Also, anyone else wish that with the enhanced 8th gen consoles that we could go back & play XV1 in 60FPS? That's a thing that didn't make sense to me. Why not make XV1 60FPS?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Nia
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Do you really think Xenoverse would ever be able to handle 80 characters on screen at once?

Also, in my opinion, if you're gonna make a giant map, making it one that's just an empty skybox is just boring. I'd prefer a giant version of stages like Namek and Island where you have environmental stuff and objects to get in the way.

Though if they did manage 80 players, wanna bet one of the story missions will be having almost the entire roster appearing in the TOP stage?
Considering how basic the engine is, I think so. We have PQs that have 5 regular players, or 1-4 players & 1-4 NPCs, & a giant ape Saiyan in the same battle, so I can't imagine an 80-player arena would be that bad. If the Black Ops 4 engine, which is more complex than DBXV2's, can handle 100 people, then XV3 can handle 100 people.

Also, anyone else wish that with the enhanced 8th gen consoles that we could go back & play XV1 in 60FPS? That's a thing that didn't make sense to me. Why not make XV1 60FPS?
I think I can answer the 60fps thing; it's because it'd essentially break the game. The PC version allowed the game to run at 60 (or uncapped) fps, and it caused a plethora of issues with the game, ranging from making Vanish not work properly or breaking several Z-Souls. While some of this was patched, I don't think they ever fixed all the problems.
After all, during development, they implied the PS4/XONE version of XV1 could run at 60fps but the final game was capped at 30, despite not being too demanding a title. But you know what happens if you release a game on PC that doesn't go to at least 60fps; somebody gets needlessly salty over it.
Mind you, this is all just a theory, but I think there's reasonable evidence. Of course, I could be wrong, and it could merely be due to the nature of the PC port being considerably half-assed.


As for the concept of a ToP in Xenoverse 3... I think 100 players all at once might be a bit too much. If they could pull it off, that'd be cool and all, but if not... what if they had it load in 8 teams of 10 players each, but it acts as a survival match between 2 teams at a time. Defeat a team and recover strength slowly inbetween battles until another team gets eliminated, and then you fight the other surviving team?
Either that, or make it so it loads in one fighter from each team, and when one goes down, the next enters the fight.
Granted, you can have a LOT of players on screen in the lobby, so maybe they could pull it off.

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:08 pm

You know what I'm hoping for when (if) Xenoverse 3 comes out? The Saiyans having their tails from the start of the game, and actually have them move! The tails are what make them so distinctive, and without them, they're just Earthlings with the ability to change hair color. And obviously the saiyan tail accessory not moving does not help. So are you guys with me on this one?
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Regular
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:You know what I'm hoping for when (if) Xenoverse 3 comes out? The Saiyans having their tails from the start of the game, and actually have them move! The tails are what make them so distinctive, and without them, they're just Earthlings with the ability to change hair color. And obviously the saiyan tail accessory not moving does not help. So are you guys with me on this one?
Well, they're Saiyans from the distant future. They're actually more human than Saiyan. But I would like an optional Saiyan tail. If it has to be an accessory, than at least make it a good accessory.

Post Reply