"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dualist
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Not sure how many of you got into DB with the Faulconer score, but his entire collection is on Spotify and you can run the app while playing games. Playing his music in the background while playing XV2 has provided an amazing nostalgic experience for me. Just thought I'd reccommend it for anyone who may be interestedm :D
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:46 am

Gt91 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Will the Gift section of the TP shop open back up this weekend? I didn't get Demigra or Vegeta's jacket.
According to the website, all the gifts (the new ones as well as all the previous ones) will be back in the shop from January 5th to 11th.

I'll probably use this chance to finally pick up the Nappa and Whis gifts since I never bothered to grab them :think:
Really? That's a great news! I couldn't farm 1500 TP medals in time to get the "new" characters :/
This system is getting ridiculous.
So they’re basically putting characters behind microtransactions now?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:57 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: According to the website, all the gifts (the new ones as well as all the previous ones) will be back in the shop from January 5th to 11th.

I'll probably use this chance to finally pick up the Nappa and Whis gifts since I never bothered to grab them :think:
Really? That's a great news! I couldn't farm 1500 TP medals in time to get the "new" characters :/
They are? How?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:31 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: According to the website, all the gifts (the new ones as well as all the previous ones) will be back in the shop from January 5th to 11th.

Not exactly, you can still choose to farm or buy TP medals to get them.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:30 am

Gt91 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
And they are only usable in a single mode, not counting training mode.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:28 pm

To get all the recent Gifts you need a total of 3500TP. You'd have to do the Expert Mission for SSB Vegeta as the fastest way at 24TP medals per completion (with bonus I think) 146 times. Say it takes about 3min to complete and get back into the mission again, and you're going to spend upwards of about 7.3hrs doing that mission, straight, in order to earn enough TP medals for all the gifts.

That's about how much time you have to waste grinding a boring mission for items that will barely see the light of day or even have much, if any, meaning to them.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Zelvin wrote:To get all the recent Gifts you need a total of 3500TP. You'd have to do the Expert Mission for SSB Vegeta as the fastest way at 24TP medals per completion (with bonus I think) 146 times. Say it takes about 3min to complete and get back into the mission again, and you're going to spend upwards of about 7.3hrs doing that mission, straight, in order to earn enough TP medals for all the gifts.

That's about how much time you have to waste grinding a boring mission for items that will barely see the light of day or even have much, if any, meaning to them.
Fucks sake I'm probably going to do this and hate myself for it....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 pm

The event is finished so no more 24 TP medals, just the regular 16 from now on.

sanzo86

Post by sanzo86 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:39 pm

For the new year, the gifts are coming back as well as a double tp medal event is supposed to kick off. Also, if you login by the 31st you will get 100 tp.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
And they are only usable in a single mode, not counting training mode.
Wow. That’s disgraceful. They’ve reached a new low with that shit. Microtransactions continue to be the worst thing in the industry.

I haven’t cared about this game in months but it just she’s they're trying to scrape every last penny out of it even if it means resorting to scummy manipulative practices like this.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Yeah, if we're back to no bonus at 16TP medals per run, that goes from over 7hrs of running the EX mission to 11hrs straight of running it. Hope you like to spend your entire day grinding for something that should just remain on the market the entire time until you buy it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 am

Zelvin wrote:Yeah, if we're back to no bonus at 16TP medals per run, that goes from over 7hrs of running the EX mission to 11hrs straight of running it. Hope you like to spend your entire day grinding for something that should just remain on the market the entire time until you buy it.
It's been 24 medals for a bit now and it only takes a little while to grind them up, you can just use Blue Gogeta with Big Bang Kamehameha and spam it while you do something else to pass the time. Pretty easy if you just do the grinding now. I got all the medals needed in a few short grinding sessions while I did other stuff.
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Wow. That’s disgraceful. They’ve reached a new low with that shit. Microtransactions continue to be the worst thing in the industry.

I haven’t cared about this game in months but it just she’s they're trying to scrape every last penny out of it even if it means resorting to scummy manipulative practices like this.
It's an optional side mode and they don't even have full movesets. It's really not hard to get the TP needed without spending anything.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 am

Zelvin wrote:To get all the recent Gifts you need a total of 3500TP. You'd have to do the Expert Mission for SSB Vegeta as the fastest way at 24TP medals per completion (with bonus I think) 146 times. Say it takes about 3min to complete and get back into the mission again, and you're going to spend upwards of about 7.3hrs doing that mission, straight, in order to earn enough TP medals for all the gifts.

Anyone on Xbox wanna help me with that? I'm literally 1 EM away from doing that one.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: It's been 24 medals for a bit now and it only takes a little while to grind them up, you can just use Blue Gogeta with Big Bang Kamehameha and spam it while you do something else to pass the time. Pretty easy if you just do the grinding now. I got all the medals needed in a few short grinding sessions while I did other stuff.
Feel you just further proved my point about this. Saying you need SSB Gogeta to get it done fast is the same as saying you still need to spend another $8 of real money just to get a character that'll let you do the mission faster. So you're either buying the TP medals or buying a character to get the TP medals faster. It's that or grind away for hours upon hours for things that aren't worth it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm just now getting to play around with the DLC, and uh...did...did they nerf Burst Kamehameha? I'm not warping with it anymore like I used to with it (or was it a different skill? It's been a bit since I played but I don't think I changed off the skill I'd been using, so...). That sucks if so, because MAN that made grinding these PQ's repeatedly a lot less harsh.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm just now getting to play around with the DLC, and uh...did...did they nerf Burst Kamehameha? I'm not warping with it anymore like I used to with it (or was it a different skill? It's been a bit since I played but I don't think I changed off the skill I'd been using, so...). That sucks if so, because MAN that made grinding these PQ's repeatedly a lot less harsh.
Were you thinking of Big Bang Kamehameha?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm just now getting to play around with the DLC, and uh...did...did they nerf Burst Kamehameha? I'm not warping with it anymore like I used to with it (or was it a different skill? It's been a bit since I played but I don't think I changed off the skill I'd been using, so...). That sucks if so, because MAN that made grinding these PQ's repeatedly a lot less harsh.
Were you thinking of Big Bang Kamehameha?
Literally just switched to that on a whim, and apparently I was, d'oh! :crazy: Dunno what the heck I was doing last time I played where I'd switched to Burst Kamehameha. At least that's one crisis averted.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:22 pm

Yes, Big Bang Kamehameha allows you to port with it once it's finished charging...if you're a Saiyan. Everyone else just fires it from the same point they started charging it, making it pretty much useless for anyone who's not a Saiyan. The only thing they changed about BBKKH, is that it no longer casts instantly when used in SSJ form. That's it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:07 pm

For those interested, there are builds to ease through Broli's Expert Mission, 18. Personally, I use this setup and strategy:

Skills:
Strategy:
This has been my most reliable method for grinding this Expert Mission; 18 TP Medals every 3 minutes or so, taking loading times into account.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm

I finally got the last outfit piece I needed from the new DLC, so that was the last thing I had to grind for there, so now I've switched to just grinding away for TP medals to finish unlocking mentor perks (the other skills and such for them - still can't do anything about mentor outfits since no Plus). In the process of grinding away at the Vegeta Expert Mission, I ended up getting a Demon Realm Crystal, which it says is a mix item. But I can't seem to mix with it. Nor can I sell it. Googling it, it looks like you're supposed to use them to make rooms in which to play as the Raid Bosses once you've gotten them unlocked via that whole mess.

So, since I don't have Plus and can't use it for that, I'm guessing there's...literally nothing I can do with this thing? It's just going to sit in my inventory? Neat, I guess? :lol:
Twitter