"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:31 pm

For some reason, I found my Tokipedia no longer at 100% and had to redo the last mission (the one you can go with Goku and get to see his Ultra Instinct cutscene). Unfortunately, once I got my 100% back, no new item was given to me.

Don't know if this happened to anyone else, but just letting you know that maybe you may want to complete Tokipedia (by doing just the last mission) once again. Hopefully that photo mode thing is not the only thing that will be added. I'd like more missions in the Tokipedia/with Fu.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:43 pm

Speaking of things seemingly getting re-locked, does anyone remember how you get Towa's second outfit option? I had everything like that unlocked, but suddenly she's showing a second slot that I can't access. For a second I thought that must be the swimsuit thing (that I can't get anyway, again, no Plus, so no gift outfit options for me), but there's no similar slots on 18 or Videl or any of the other mentors that got special other outfits, soooo...it has to be a second default for her that I didn't remember or something.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:46 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Speaking of things seemingly getting re-locked, does anyone remember how you get Towa's second outfit option? I had everything like that unlocked, but suddenly she's showing a second slot that I can't access. For a second I thought that must be the swimsuit thing (that I can't get anyway, again, no Plus, so no gift outfit options for me), but there's no similar slots on 18 or Videl or any of the other mentors that got special other outfits, soooo...it has to be a second default for her that I didn't remember or something.
No, it's the swimsuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UiP5PQe1uQ&t=231s

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:05 am

I want to get those weather coats for Vegeta and Goku, but the gift option is greyed out :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 am

Gt91 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Speaking of things seemingly getting re-locked, does anyone remember how you get Towa's second outfit option? I had everything like that unlocked, but suddenly she's showing a second slot that I can't access. For a second I thought that must be the swimsuit thing (that I can't get anyway, again, no Plus, so no gift outfit options for me), but there's no similar slots on 18 or Videl or any of the other mentors that got special other outfits, soooo...it has to be a second default for her that I didn't remember or something.
No, it's the swimsuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UiP5PQe1uQ&t=231s
That's weird if so though, because none of the other mentors with gift outfits are showing a locked slot for me to indicate that there's something to get. :?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 am

MCDaveG wrote:I want to get those weather coats for Vegeta and Goku, but the gift option is greyed out :(
Tomorrow gifts will be available again in the in-game store.

@Gyt: true, i don't know why :/

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Gt91 wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I want to get those weather coats for Vegeta and Goku, but the gift option is greyed out :(
How long? Just tomorrow or for a week or something? Because I don't want to end up with empty hands again. For reasons I had no access to my PS4 for a while and have to wait until the 8th until I can play again. I couldn't get them the first time so missing out again would really suck...
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Xaroc wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
How long? Just tomorrow or for a week or something? Because I don't want to end up with empty hands again. For reasons I had no access to my PS4 for a while and have to wait until the 8th until I can play again. I couldn't get them the first time so missing out again would really suck...
I read from January 5th to 11th.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's weird if so though, because none of the other mentors with gift outfits are showing a locked slot for me to indicate that there's something to get. :?
It's because Towa isn't actually a mentor; you give her gift to Gokū who then gives it to Towa offscreen. It's another preset entirely (different stats and all) rather than just a costume.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's weird if so though, because none of the other mentors with gift outfits are showing a locked slot for me to indicate that there's something to get. :?
It's because Towa isn't actually a mentor; you give her gift to Gokū who then gives it to Towa offscreen. It's another preset entirely (different stats and all) rather than just a costume.
Yep. Health gets slashed, but attack powers are drastically increased. More of a glass cannon than before.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Ohhh. That's right, Towa's not a mentor, dunno why that didn't occur to me. At least now I know why it's showing that slot then, thanks guys.
Twitter

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:11 am

-ALL the gifts are back!
-Double TP medals event is on.
-Super c-17 raid event is on.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Getting used to Super Broly's move set now. If you do one of his big combo knockbacks, and immediately fire his mouth Ultimate, you have a pretty good chance of hitting your target.

And the old Broly ultimate isn't AS useless as before. I guess they sped up the animation, because on foes with a lot of stamina, and you stamina break them, you have enough time to actually use it and catch your target in it.

But, his Super Soul "AAAARGGH!" is nearly useless. Yes, it slightly speeds up the stamina recovery, but I would have preferred something more like Kefla's Super Soul.

Blue Gogeta, not bad. His one Super Attack barely does any damage though. But being able to absorb the Super Kamehameha is a nice damage boost.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 am

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/statu ... 8907734016

'Big Reveals and Big News'
News on the 14th for FighterZ and Xenoverse
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:15 am

Since it's just a livestream, I don't expect anything other than DLC. But this time, I'd like for them to cover what's missing from the game, such as:

• Super Saiyan transformations for Movie 15 Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.
• Variant slot for Time Breaker Bardock (mask partially broken).
• Super Saiyan 2 for Cabba and Kafla.
• More pre-battle dialogues.

Huh, I know I'm asking too much here, but still, I would really like to see a massive update for Hero Colosseum:

• CAA (that is to say "FAA" - Figure Action Ability).
• Transformations and fusions.
• Two or more figures attacking together (Special Unit Ability).
• Fix the skip function.

In other words, I would like to see Hero Colosseum becoming even more Dragon Ball Heroes.

Some other stuff:

• Movie 1 King Vegeta outfit.
• Movie 1/Dragon Ball Minus Bardock outfit (or at least for mentor).
• Movie 1/Dragon Ball Minus Gine outfit
• Bardock's headband.
• Moving tails.
• More missions for Tokipedia.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am

It's kinda hard to believe they'd do more DLC honestly, people just aren't excited about this game anymore.
Them announcing a new game on a game showcase wouldn't really be an out there thing.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 am

Please ... no more DLCs for XV2.
We need a XV3 in late 2019, nothing more nothing less.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:49 am

I have come across this "please no more DLC, just bring XV3 already" a lot but I'm certain when XV3 is released with something new (actually, knowing people, it won't take just "something new", whatever they add will trigger this) people will say "hur duur this should have been added in XV2" or "this should have been in XV1". Like they did during XV2's lifespan.

It is kind of idiotic to ask for a game and once it is released, one starts to bash on it by saying retarded things like "should've been added in the previous games".

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:00 am

Grimlock wrote:I have come across this "please no more DLC, just bring XV3 already" a lot but I'm certain when XV3 is released with something new (actually, knowing people, it won't take just "something new", whatever they add will trigger this) people will say "hur duur this should have been added in XV2" or "this should have been in XV1". Like they did during XV2's lifespan.

It is kind of idiotic to ask for a game and when it releases, one starts to bash on it by saying retarded things like "should have already been added in the previous games".
Well, it's been almost 2-3 years since XV2 came out and i ( i'll talk for myself) want a new game.
I want new races, a new city, a fresh story, new modes ecc, not only new characters.
In my opinion, these dlcs are getting to much expensive and with poor contents. 7.99 euros for 2 characters, some new moves/PQ and no new story? No thanks.
Last edited by Gt91 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 am

I'm completely fine with continued updates to Xenoverse 2 because it desperately needs it in some areas. I'm hoping they continue to polish Xenoverse 2 so that they can take a polished game and use it for the base for a future Xenoverse game.

If they can improve the netcode and continue to add accessories, then we can have additional characters and add new customization features on in a sequel.