"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pmGood. Good. Still want a few others, along with more story content though.
Hopefully we can get destroyer Toppo and Moro.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

I’m not buying it but the more stuff in XV2, the more stuff in XV3.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:15 pm

sintzu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pmGood. Good. Still want a few others, along with more story content though.
Hopefully we can get destroyer Toppo and Moro.
I was hoping for Jiren full-power. As, while his ultimate his good, most everything else is rather lacking.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm

I would say we could get full power Jiren along with Blue Evolution Vegeta (and some other missing stuff like SS2 for Cabba) as new presets, but unfortunately it seems like adding presets via free updates was dropped after DLC 4 in favor of the gift system - and I can't see new forms being accessed through gifts since those are reserved for costumes.

At this point, assuming this pack doesn't include anything along these lines, I think it's safe to say there won't be any more TOP characters or variations until XV3 aside from maybe Toppo, just based on what's in already, but I'd love to be wrong on that. Though, I do wonder who'll be paired with SSG Vegeta if they do save Toppo for 3; there isn't much else to cover from the DBS movie (costume potential aside) since Broli and Gogeta already got their strongest forms, so that leaves... the older movies and maaaybe Heroes?

(I personally don't expect Moro since he's manga-exclusive at the moment, but the game does have some manga references so I suppose it's possible)

But well, hopefully Super 2.0 will bring some neat new stuff by the time DLC 10 happens (in the likely event it does).
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 am

It's possible that the next season of DBS is already in the works, and Dimps/Bandai are in on it, already planning on adding new characters from it. Maybe unlikely, but we'll have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I wouldn't mind getting Moro as a character.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 am

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 am

sintzu wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 am Image
I think I can see a bit of the ice stage in the background of one of those pictures...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 am

More?? Jeez Dimps just stop. Honestly surprised people are still buying this dlc. I haven’t bought the last three or so, just waiting for XV3

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 am

Kanassa wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 amI think I can see a bit of the ice stage in the background of one of those pictures...
It could be the stage that's already in the game from Broly's 2nd Z movie.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 am

Thank you whoever the responsible is for having decided to show Vegeta as Super Saiyan God in the animated form, now he's gonna appear more in games, and what's better, in XV2. :D

Wonder who might be the other character coming along with Super Saiyan God Vegeta. :think:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 amWonder who might be the other character coming along with Super Saiyan God Vegeta. :think:
Toppo, Moro, and...Cui maybe ? or how about PuiPui ?
Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 am More?? Jeez Dimps just stop. Honestly surprised people are still buying this dlc. I haven’t bought the last three or so, just waiting for XV3
The more support the game gets the better. XV3 probably won't be out till the end of 2020 or early 2021 so why not give fans something to make the wait easier ? it's not like they're releasing something every month.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 am

No one colors me interested from those. If there's one other character I would love to join this game, it would be King Vegeta, but since the chances are totally slim and now that Vegeta will finally have Super Saiyan God, I don't see anyone else interesting to make it to the game. All I would ask for is base and Super Saiyan 2 Kafla, Super Saiyan 2 Cabba, Movie 15 Super Saiyan forms for Goku and Vegeta (besides a NPC of Gine in Conton City and Time Breaker Bardock alternate outfit with part of his mask broken).

~ Day of the Machines ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:24 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 amMovie 15 Super Saiyan forms for Goku and Vegeta.
Those 2 are already in the game for us to fight so all they'd have to do is release an update that allows us to play as them.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Yeah i think I've had enough. Ssg vegeta honestly would have been a really nice gift, a bit poor taste to change for a palette swap essentially. If he doesnt get a new basic move set Ill pass.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 am

My hope is that they're adding SSG Vegeta so they can do a Broly story with the next DLC. But I won't hold my breath. Honestly, if the next DLC doesn't have a new story, I'm not buying it. I appreciated SSB Gogeta and new Broly in the last DLC, but the lack of the story left me with very little to do. I think I've launched the game one time since getting the DLC.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:03 am

Hopefully they also add a figure of Super Saiyan God Vegeta for Hero Colosseum (and a good one!). I really can't wait to use him, gonna redo most of Super Saiyan God Goku's fights using Vegeta instead. :P Hopefully a nice bunch of dialogues will come along.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 am

sintzu wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 am Image
So, what's with the XV1 Time Breaker Mr. Satan? Is he being added to the Raid mode?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:37 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:03 am Hopefully they also add a figure of Super Saiyan God Vegeta for Hero Colosseum (and a good one!). I really can't wait to use him, gonna redo most of Super Saiyan God Goku's fights using Vegeta instead. :P Hopefully a nice bunch of dialogues will come along.
I want to see what he and Beerus say to each other. His interactions with Black should also be interesting.
Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 amSo, what's with the XV1 Time Breaker Mr. Satan? Is he being added to the Raid mode?
I've got no idea. A translated scan should be out any day now.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm

They've added that many characters to this game now, is there even a point in making a Xenoverse 3?

Who else could they even add of any value for people to be interested enough to buy it?

They've added a games worth of content. Xenoverse 3 could have had a similar kind of story again where you fixed the timelines of the Universe 6 saga, Future Trunks Saga, Tournament of Power and the Broly movie and then add all the appropriate characters along with it.

It's cool that they've continued to support it but at this point I think they're supporting it too much.

I think they should have stopped after the first four DLC packs. Everything after should have gone into the sequel.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pmThey've added that many characters to this game now, is there even a point in making a Xenoverse 3?
According to rumors, XV3 is going to get a massive upgrade in gameplay so characters may not be the main selling point.