"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pm

sintzu wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:18 pmAccording to rumors, XV3 is going to get a massive upgrade in gameplay so characters may not be the main selling point.
Oh that'd be nice. Xenoverse 2 mainly just felt like a significant update than a full on sequel. The same thing again but with a new and bigger hub and more characters.

But all the character models and animations, maps, music and even while cutscenes and fights were just recycled.

So if they can overhaul the graphics and the mechanics then that would probably do it. Though usually that comes at the cost of them reducing the characters so I'd hope that doesnt happen again.

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Do you guys think Xenoverse 3 might be made soon with even more fighters? I hear the updates they added which includes the old hub world from Xenoverse 1. More fighters will be nice and epic. Plus, it gives an excuse to feature more fighters to be made ready outside the movie cast. (Like fighters from Universal tournament Arc.) The DLC they had for 2 will already be in 3 plus more new villains and transformations to have soon. So it will be sweet to finally get the third game for the first time ever for a dragon ball z fighting game. :clap:

I believe it can be done unless we get more DLC for Xenoverse 2. lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Bullza wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:49 pmIf they can overhaul the graphics and the mechanics then that would probably do it. Though usually that comes at the cost of them reducing the characters so I'd hope that doesnt happen again.
I think it's safe to say they'll at least import XV2's characters into the game which will just leave a handful of missing ones. That's of course not counting how many DLC characters it will have. XV2 has 20+ with no signs of it stopping.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 pm

XV2 was a pretty significant improvement over XV1, in my opinion. The graphics were not majorly different, but the combat was significantly improved. No more transforming into a Super Saiyan and just spamming the heck out of your ultimate attacks. The rush moves added a new layer of strategy to the game, where attacking with an ultimate while someone is targeting you will get you stamina broken, but abusing the rush will cost you precious stamina. We got new transformations, some more useful than others.

For XV3, I expect more than just new characters. I expect them to make tweaks to the combat to refine it even more. I expect new modes, or at least significant changes to existing ones. I also really hope they put more emphasis on improving the graphics this time. While the newer characters added via DLCs look great, the characters imported from XV1 look a bit...off to me.

More than anything, though, I hope they do more with the main story this time. If we're just going to go through DBZ's story with minor changes again, I'm gonna be disappointed. I don't think they're going to do that, though, because XV2's main story seems to be building up to a brand new timeline to be explored in XV3. Remember the timeline born from Tokitoki's egg? Maybe it'll be something like that branching storyline from the Fu DLC.

Heck, Fu could be the main antagonist, tampering with that timeline. Maybe that's how they justify the Time Patrol going to a timeline that is SUPPOSED to be different.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:11 am

XV 3 , should have ssj transformation for CoC change hair, cell race , makaioshin race and diffrent accessoirs at the same time.
i could careless if they have less characters on release when they have this.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:44 am

Tsufuru wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:11 am XV 3 , should have ssj transformation for CoC change hair, cell race , makaioshin race and diffrent accessoirs at the same time.
One thing I'd like is to be able to pick Goku's Ssj form before the start of a fight. I'd also like to have 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 3 in offline mode. Being able to switch between characters on your team is also a must at this point.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 am

sintzu wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:44 am
Tsufuru wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:11 am XV 3 , should have ssj transformation for CoC change hair, cell race , makaioshin race and diffrent accessoirs at the same time.
One thing I'd like is to be able to pick Goku's Ssj form before the start of a fight. I'd also like to have 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 3 in offline mode. Being able to switch between characters on your team is also a must at this point.
exactly.
there are enough things to make before adding more characters.
i would even be happy with only half of the character we have now on release day if they do all of these things.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:00 am

Tsufuru wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 am i would even be happy with only half of the character we have now on release day if they do all of these things.
They can import everyone from XV2 as that won't impact the changes being made. I assume XV3 will use the same code so that shouldn't be a problem.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:22 am

sintzu wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:00 am
Tsufuru wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 am i would even be happy with only half of the character we have now on release day if they do all of these things.
They can import everyone from XV2 as that won't impact the changes being made. I assume XV3 will use the same code so that shouldn't be a problem.
didnt know that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:41 pm

For XV3 I mostly hope they fix the combat and models. The XV2 models were really ugly, way too plastic. Also more CaC options. Couldn’t really care less about the character list or story.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Yeah nearly every team based anime game has done that lately. I like your ideas a lot, if you can pick a transformation before battle, i hope they still start in base and then transform during the ready... Part right before a fight starts, like their pre fight intro.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:03 pm

nato25 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Yeah nearly every team based anime game has done that lately. I like your ideas a lot, if you can pick a transformation before battle, i hope they still start in base and then transform during the ready... Part right before a fight starts, like their pre fight intro.
Yeah, well, I want my team to do a Ginyu pose!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am

Did Bandai just confirm more DLCs besides the next one? :o This is incredible, even after three years there's still support!

Oh well, if characters will keep coming, please let it be King Vegeta and Caulifla. Give characters their missing forms. More story to Fu's Infinity Story. Try to make it Hero Colosseum just a little bit more Dragon Ball Heroes. More dialogues pre-battle and for mentors (Bardock really needs to speak about his wife, instead of that "you wanna know about Gine? She's... Get the hell outta here!"). More cool features for Time Patrollers.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am Did Bandai just confirm more DLCs besides the next one? :o This is incredible, even after three years there's still support!

Oh well, if characters will keep coming, please let it be King Vegeta and Caulifla. Give characters their missing forms. More story to Fu's Infinity Story. Try to make it Hero Colosseum just a little bit more Dragon Ball Heroes. More dialogues pre-battle and for mentors (Bardock really needs to speak about his wife, instead of that "you wanna know about Gine? She's... Get the hell outta here!"). More cool features for Time Patrollers.
I definitely agree that Caulifla should be DLC soon. But King Vegeta? Why would you want DLC for him?
Caulifla best girl! :)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am Did Bandai just confirm more DLCs besides the next one? :o This is incredible, even after three years there's still support!
XV2 seems to still be popular so they're just giving gamers what they want. I'd rather them do this instead of rushing out full games that aren't finished. XV3 is probably a long way off so they want to keep the brand name alive until then.

Going by the last 2 sets of DLC (4 DLC packs and 4 Extra packs), we could be looking at 4 Ultra packs as well. At minimum we're looking at 2 packs which will be 4 characters at least. If we get 4, then that's at least EIGHT more characters.

If we get 8 which will be crazy, this is who I hope we get (in no order) :

SsjG Vegeta and Toppo.
Freeza's 2nd form and Semi-Perfect Cell.
Android 19 and Dr. Gero.
Super #13 and Bojack's transformation.

If we can get 1 or 2 more in each pack then I'd like Zarbon's transformation and Mecha Freeza. I'd also like Moro but they might want to save the post-Broly content for XV3.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 amI definitely agree that Caulifla should be DLC soon. But King Vegeta? Why would you want DLC for him?
For the same reason you want Caulifla, I like him. I think King Vegeta should be as prominent in games as Bardock is.
sintzu wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 amXV2 seems to still be popular so they're just giving gamers what they want. I'd rather them do this instead of rushing out full games that aren't finished. XV3 is probably a long way off so they want to keep the brand name alive until then.

Going by the last 2 sets of DLC (4 DLC packs and 4 Extra packs), we could be looking at 4 Ultra packs as well. At minimum we're looking at 2 packs which will be 4 characters at least. If we get 4, then that's at least EIGHT more characters.

If we get 8 which will be crazy, this is who I hope we get (in no order) :

SsjG Vegeta and Toppo.
Freeza's 2nd form and Semi-Perfect Cell.
Android 19 and Dr. Gero.
Super #13 and Bojack's transformation.

If we can get 1 or 2 more in each pack then I'd like Zarbon's transformation and Mecha Freeza. I'd also like Moro but they might want to save the post-Broly content for XV3.
Yeah, I prefer this too. The more content for XV2, the more we'll have in XV3. Hell, I wish XV1 was the one getting updates until today, XV2 would have been much more than what it was. :lol:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:51 pmThe more content for XV2, the more we'll have in XV3.
The same source that said CC2 were working on DB also said that XV3 is being developed and is getting a major gameplay upgrade. The more characters released in XV2, the less they have to add in XV3 which will give them more time to work on the core gameplay.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 pm

It's probably safe to assume the pack will at least end up having one more character and not just SSG Vegeta, right? I hope so at any rate. I'll get it either way because I'm a sucker like that, but it'd be nice if it at least came with two characters per pack (maybe Broly's non-SS berserker like state from the new movie would be a good option to go along with him?).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Ultra Pack 1? So they're starting a third naming convention for these DLCs. That definitely implies more are being planned. If the Super anime returns soon, they'll have more material to work with as well. Let's be real. XV3 is not coming soon, and these DLC are not the reason for that. Most of their effort is going into the untitled Unreal Engine DBZ game. At best, we may get XV3 one year after that. So more DLC just means more XV content until then.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:42 pm

So...
Super Packs
Extra Packs

And now Ultra Packs?

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 pm It's probably safe to assume the pack will at least end up having one more character and not just SSG Vegeta, right? I hope so at any rate. I'll get it either way because I'm a sucker like that, but it'd be nice if it at least came with two characters per pack (maybe Broly's non-SS berserker like state from the new movie would be a good option to go along with him?).
I mean, all the other packs have been two characters at least.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017