"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm

I use SSJB/E with Meditation, Ultimate Charge and Vegeta's new "HAAAA!" Super Soul. Meditation maxes out the Ki Bars and slows the Drain, Ultimate Charge maxes out Ki and "HAAAA!" activates Ki Restoration while Ki Charging, so the slow start of Ultimate Charge is somewhat accelerated, plus it increses the Power of some Attacks too. Now just refresh Meditation and the "HAAAA!" Effect from time to time and (works best after a Knockback Attack or in a PQ when the CPU is distracting the Enemy) and charge Ki whenever possible (which isn't THAT often unless you spam Ultimate Attacks) you can stay SSBE for an entire PQ if you do it right.

SSBE Stamina Restoration is awesome. Especially when you use moments like when the Enemy revives or new ones show up to land. You have full Stamina after each cutscene most of the time. Really good when you used up most for Final Explosion, which is a Killer Move with SSBE in the new PQs, since it hits multiple Enemies at once and can one-shot them if you catch them right.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 am

Xaroc wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 pm I use SSJB/E with Meditation, Ultimate Charge and Vegeta's new "HAAAA!" Super Soul. Meditation maxes out the Ki Bars and slows the Drain, Ultimate Charge maxes out Ki and "HAAAA!" activates Ki Restoration while Ki Charging, so the slow start of Ultimate Charge is somewhat accelerated, plus it increses the Power of some Attacks too. Now just refresh Meditation and the "HAAAA!" Effect from time to time and (works best after a Knockback Attack or in a PQ when the CPU is distracting the Enemy) and charge Ki whenever possible (which isn't THAT often unless you spam Ultimate Attacks) you can stay SSBE for an entire PQ if you do it right.

SSBE Stamina Restoration is awesome. Especially when you use moments like when the Enemy revives or new ones show up to land. You have full Stamina after each cutscene most of the time. Really good when you used up most for Final Explosion, which is a Killer Move with SSBE in the new PQs, since it hits multiple Enemies at once and can one-shot them if you catch them right.
Where is this Super Soul available?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:36 am Where is this Super Soul available?
TP Medal Shop
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Is there a list of the strongest XV2 characters, statwise? we already have the hexagone next to each character, but is there a numbered description of that? like Janemba 2500 attack, 2000 health, 1500 ki blast, etc?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:38 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm Is there a list of the strongest XV2 characters, statwise? we already have the hexagone next to each character, but is there a numbered description of that? like Janemba 2500 attack, 2000 health, 1500 ki blast, etc?
Aside from CACs? MUI Goku, despite his low health and stamina, would easily be amongst the best, thanks to the most recent update.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:20 pm

So does anyone remember in the interview about new DLC a while back where they talked about adding new co-op experiences and new story elements?

If they continue to milk XV2 until it's bone dry, I really hope they follow through with this. Adding some co-op elements outside of parallel quests would be great. I would've loved for the Fu missions that added a while back to allow co-op. Anyone think we'll see some bigger changes or are do you think they'll just continue adding more similar content as the previous DLCs?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Soccerjam wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
SSB stronger than SS4 confirmed. lol
BULL****! :roll:
Dragon Wukong or ZeroNeonix?
Dragon Wukong -_-

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm

I just really hate that we have like 5 different Goku's or whatever the count is.

I wish we had one regular Goku who could access all of his forms. I hate starting out already in BLUE. Where is the fun in that?
I would rather transform into it. :(

Speaking of Goku Blue, is there no way to customize him?
I can customize regular Goku...but are the other one's off the table?
-Questrider

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 am

Questrider wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm I just really hate that we have like 5 different Goku's or whatever the count is.

I wish we had one regular Goku who could access all of his forms. I hate starting out already in BLUE. Where is the fun in that?

Growing up with the Sparking/Tenkaichi games, I'm of the "give us one version of Goku but allow us to start a match already in Super Saiyan or any such variant" school of thought.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 am

Was playing last night and I was trying to figure out who they could even possibly add for Ultra Pack 2 without scraping the bottom of the barrel (not like two Vegetas wasn't really to begin with, but I digress). The rest of the main Pride Troopers? The Universe 6 Namekians? Honestly though I'm surprised we still don't have Rilld in a fighting game yet....
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:49 am

Kale, Berserk Kale, Caulifla, SS2 Cabba, U6 Namekians, Dyspo, Toppo, GoD Toppo, Base/Wrath/SS DBS Broly, final form Bojack, final form Android 13, Moro, Super Saiyan Black, all of these are technically possible.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 am
Questrider wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm I just really hate that we have like 5 different Goku's or whatever the count is.

Growing up with the Sparking/Tenkaichi games, I'm of the "give us one version of Goku but allow us to start a match already in Super Saiyan or any such variant" school of thought.
I'm all for that. The option should exist.
-Questrider

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah the preset thing XV has going is really flawed. Plus all the other forms as separate slots is just stupid.
For the sequel, you should be able to be able to start out in any of the forms and customize the moves you want.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm

I just realized Paikuhan isn't in yet either. That seems like a weird omission.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm

The S wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm I just realized Paikuhan isn't in yet either. That seems like a weird omission.
Eh, not really. A filler character that only popped up a few times? Yeah.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah the preset thing XV has going is really flawed. Plus all the other forms as separate slots is just stupid.
For the sequel, you should be able to be able to start out in any of the forms and customize the moves you want.
Furthermore, where is the mode where you can control up to 5 characters in one battle ala Raging Blast?
You can choose AI teammates but where is the fun in that? It's like this game really just wants you to MAIN one character, despite a massive roster.
-Questrider

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 pm

There's also my mans Uub. If I were to have a top one most wanted character not named Caulifla or Kale or anyone from OG Dragon Ball, it would be Uub. Like come on! A black guy joining the Z Fighters? How awesome is that?! Like sure, he gets (disappointingly) underutilized in GT, but he still had a cool move set. So yeah, hopefully in a future DLC, they add Uub in the game, rather it'd be Majuub or base Uub, I just want Uub in this game.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Characters I really miss but will never show up in DLCs and probably won't be in XV3 either:

DB kid Goku (blue gi)
Freeza's other forms
Mecha Freeza and King Cold
Big Lips Cell
Skinny Buu
Buutenks
Uub (maybe I could cope with not having Majuub)
Rildo (all of his forms)
Ohzaru Vegeta Baby
One-star Omega Shenron

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Questrider wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Furthermore, where is the mode where you can control up to 5 characters in one battle ala Raging Blast?
You can choose AI teammates but where is the fun in that? It's like this game really just wants you to MAIN one character, despite a massive roster.
The 5v5 fights from BT2/3 and RB/2 were great

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:55 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 pm There's also my mans Uub. If I were to have a top one most wanted character not named Caulifla or Kale or anyone from OG Dragon Ball, it would be Uub. Like come on! A black guy joining the Z Fighters? How awesome is that?! Like sure, he gets (disappointingly) underutilized in GT, but he still had a cool move set. So yeah, hopefully in a future DLC, they add Uub in the game, rather it'd be Majuub or base Uub, I just want Uub in this game.
Black? I thought Uub was from the DB equivalent of India.