"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:07 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:31 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am What are the chances that they add more characters from Dragon Ball Heroes? Like maybe a Mecha Zamasu variation for Fused Zamasu.
I'd say more official characters have a higher chance to get in first, but we got Fu and Super Saiyan 3 Bardock, so it's not impossible. I just think Heroes characters are probably on the lower end of their priorities. And I'd expect to get Cui before we get someone like Android 21. lol
I don't think Fu and SS3/Masked Bardock count as Heroes characters. Xenoverse was a means to adapt DB Online content like Mira and Towa anyways, so I'd argue all of those characters are bounded to Xenoverse and it's Heroes that borrows from the XV series.

I doubt we'll see eyepatch (not mecha, whys everyone call him mecha) Zamasu. As much as I'd love for him to pop up and give him some of his moves from the DBS manga, and I wouldn't expect Hearts or Cumber either.

Like what's been said, we have too much official content to still go through. I'd even argue more Online content like Haru Haru or Shun Shun would get in before Heroes original content.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am

Scsigs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 pm Are you fucking with me? I feel like you are if you're seriously trying to make Toppo into Hit.
Did you not watch the anime or read the manga? It sounds like you didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Cdj81nW2g
In the Manga, Toppo defeats SSB Goku by knocking him off the platform. Thus winning by ring out. Toppo then fights Vegeta and others during the ToP. To suggest he's a weak throwaway character is complete nonsense. Especially considering he turned into a Hakaishin and curbstomped Golden Freeza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70CKWF-YrYE
So, yeah. People would rather have Toppo than freakin Ribrianne. We'd rather have Caulifla and Kale individually than just Kefla. The content they drip feed as DLC is not only so minimal as to not even be close to worth the cost, but half of it is stuff we don't even want. And making every transformation its own separate character is just obnoxious. This is why the PC modding community is so much better than the actual developers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiYLFWBzYPc
And they only keep getting better. So why, why would we pay hundreds of dollars in DLC when the Modding community is giving us so much more, for free? The devs aren't putting the effort into making a 3rd installment from what we can tell, and they aren't making the game better by any meaningful degree. The fans are doing that. I'd rather support the fans in their work than Developers whose additions have appeared to be lazy and lacking.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Zelvin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am
Scsigs wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 pm Are you fucking with me? I feel like you are if you're seriously trying to make Toppo into Hit.
So, yeah. People would rather have Toppo than freakin Ribrianne.
Eh. I've seen a lot of people, including in this forum, excited for Ribrianne. She has a unique design, personality, powers, and she's the most powerful of her universe. Out of the Pride Troopers, Jiren made the most sense. Toppo is an important character, but I wouldn't give him higher priority than Ribrianne, who's just a more interesting character overall. I expect XV3 will include at least the main three Pride Troopers, as well as the three magical girls.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm
Eh. I've seen a lot of people, including in this forum, excited for Ribrianne. She has a unique design, personality, powers, and she's the most powerful of her universe. Out of the Pride Troopers, Jiren made the most sense. Toppo is an important character, but I wouldn't give him higher priority than Ribrianne, who's just a more interesting character overall. I expect XV3 will include at least the main three Pride Troopers, as well as the three magical girls.
Shit. I completely mixed up Toppo with Magetta. Even then, though, I agree with the sentiment of wanting Ribrianne over Toppo.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm
Shit. I completely mixed up Toppo with Magetta. Even then, though, I agree with the sentiment of wanting Ribrianne over Toppo.
Honestly If Toppo, Kale, Caulifla or some other select characters got into Xenoverse 2 before Ribrianne I would not have mind cause they are all good and fun characters that are enjoyed by select parts of the Fanbase(Me Included :) ). Indeed I am Glad to hear many hear Like Having Ribrianne in the Game for Various reasons, Makes me Happy!

But more importantly after Ribrianne was announced for Xenoverse 2, Likely the Most Important Fact to Ribrianne that was being talked about a good deal, One I could not ignore anymore either was the Fact that While Ribrianne has many Fans I saw that Wanted her in the Western and American Fanbases in the Game ~~~

~~~It was Likely the the Japanesse Fanbase that wanted her the most cause by even fans that are not Fans of her, some admit Ribrianne is Well Liked in Japan. :thumbup:

The Ideal of "NO One Wants Ribrianne" is really more of a Western Fan thing in vocal parts of the Fanbases. While it is still and always will be the Right for any fan to like or dislike any character, for this to = a Vast Majority did not want Ribrianne was not truly the Right way in looking at it and the Xenoverse 2 announcement and talk made that clearer then ever.

We have to Remember in the end this is an Anime and a Japaneses Product. Japaneses Culture and Interest and so much more will always be put 1st and Foremost into it, the Fans of Japan Included Most of all. It is one of the main reasons many of us fell in Love with Anime in the 1st place! :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 am

While I still really enjoy X2, the Male Majin desperately needs a patch where they're no longer a liability to play beyond medium PQs, let alone PvP or high end PQs. That stamina thing is just awful.

That said, the Majins may be the easiest ones for future transformations down the road. With things like Skinny Buu and absobtion (of mentors, which I've seen thrown around), they would be incredibly fun to play.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 am

Speaking of new transformations, I would really love to see Super Saiyan 4 be added as a new awoken skill for our CaCs in the near future. I mean, who doesn't wanna get that pure primal feeling of that form? Would you guys be 100% down to see CaCs transform into SSJ4?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:37 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 am Speaking of new transformations, I would really love to see Super Saiyan 4 be added as a new awoken skill for our CaCs in the near future. I mean, who doesn't wanna get that pure primal feeling of that form? Would you guys be 100% down to see CaCs transform into SSJ4?
HELL YEAH! :P

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:06 am Speaking of new transformations, I would really love to see Super Saiyan 4 be added as a new awoken skill for our CaCs in the near future. I mean, who doesn't wanna get that pure primal feeling of that form? Would you guys be 100% down to see CaCs transform into SSJ4?
SS4 and SSGod :D

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:38 am

Ah but you can!...just get the PC version and use player created mods. You'll get all the Super Saiyan forms. Showed a video displaying that already. But yeah, if you want SS4, SSG, Legendary SSJ and all that jazz, gotta go PC and get the free mods.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Heard that XENOVERSE 3 might come out around 2020, is that true?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm Heard that XENOVERSE 3 might come out around 2020, is that true?
Unlikely. I believe Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is coming next year, so so the earliest we can reasonably expect XV3 to happen is in 2021.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 am

Pikkon might not be the most relevant character but he is overall liked in fanbase and deserves to appear. They should also add Majuub.
Oob's another good one I think is a weird omission. I mean I know he got shafted pretty hard in GT anyway but I'd like some
form of the kid. Hell give him a Payayaman form too with silly poses like the Saiyamen.
Noah wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:41 pm Heard that XENOVERSE 3 might come out around 2020, is that true?
As far as I know, nobody has any insight into such a thing. Someone can feel free to correct me on this.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:15 pm

Anyone else getting tired of Freeza invading?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:15 pm Anyone else getting tired of Freeza invading?
If you mean by the way how Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation keep making Frieza come back more than any other villain in history. Then, the answer is a yes.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:18 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 am
Jackalope89 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:15 pm Anyone else getting tired of Freeza invading?
If you mean by the way how Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation keep making Frieza come back more than any other villain in history. Then, the answer is a yes.
I meant the daily Freeza raids.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:18 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 am
I meant the daily Freeza raids.
As was I. For the amateurly-made Frieza Raid Event in question is basically Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation trying to get us, the fans. To be hyped for the same old villain making it into an increasingly more mundane setting again and again, by sending Frieza and the rest of his Planet Trade Organization after us non-stop.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:49 pm

They should've long since added more to change things up. Liiiiike-

Garlic jr. and his minions and having them invading Conton with the Makyo Star appearing overhead.

Adding the Galaxy Soldiers; Bido, Goku, Zangya and Bujin. And together with Bojack invade Conton and fighting NPC's on the ground, whom the Player must defend.

Adding Angol Soldiers, who're Slug's grunt soldiers, and having them invade with Slugs big-ass ship landing in the Namek area.

Adding the Crusher Core members and having Turles invading Conton and trying to grow a new Tree of Might in the Mushroom District.

Adding Hildegarn.

Adding Hatchyect and having a host of dark/ghostly versions of the villains attacking Conton until Hatchyect appears.

Ya know, there's some other options for them. But that'd entail actually putting in work. And they'd make all that DLC. Another $100+ of DLC.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm

For pushing Freeza so hard, at least they could've given us Cooler's Kikosentai.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm For pushing Freeza so hard, at least they could've given us Cooler's Kikosentai.
For reals.

I also just realized Chaozu's not playable yet. I mean we've got Saibamen, Guldo, and Cell Jr.s so a smol character shouldn't be hard.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!