"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:31 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:19 am
Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 am But at this point and with the series not currently airing, what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?
ToP main characters(FP Jiren, Omen, KKx20 Goku, Toppo, Dyspo, U6 girls, etc) and Broly's many forms. So basically the last two arcs.
And the forms of certain Z characters like Buutenks, grey Buu, 2nd form Cell, 2nd and 3rd form Freeza, Paikuhan, Pui Pui, Yakon, and although impossible, most relevant characters from DB.
And don't forget Garlic Jr, Zarbon's true form, Dr. Gero, Android 19, Super Vegeta (the ACTUAL one, not just Super Saiyan), Super Trunks, Super Android 13, Base Form Youth Gohan, Full Power Bojack, Shin, a lot of GT characters (Gohan, Goten, Vegeta [non-SSJ4], Ledgic, Mutchy, Rilldo, Haze Shenron, Rage Shenron, Oceanus Shenron, Naturon Shenron), First and Third Form Frost, Botamo, Magetta, Super Saiyan Rage Trunks, The Trio De Danger, the rest of the Kamikaze Fireballs, and the list could go on.

Yeah, there's plenty of characters that they can add to Xenoverse 3.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:41 am

That's not interesting though. Instead of new characters it's just going to be highly similar forms of pre existing characters?

There isn't even much story content that can be used now. Xenoverse 2 went as far as Golden Frieza so would have left at least some room for Xenoverse 3 to have the Universe 6, Goku Black, Tournament of Power and Broly stories but a couple of that has already been done.

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:41 pm

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:41 am That's not interesting though. Instead of new characters it's just going to be highly similar forms of pre existing characters?

There isn't even much story content that can be used now. Xenoverse 2 went as far as Golden Frieza so would have left at least some room for Xenoverse 3 to have the Universe 6, Goku Black, Tournament of Power and Broly stories but a couple of that has already been done.
That could be a good thing though, it'll push them to tell a more original story.

Plus if they really can't come up with their own ideas, there's always the Heroes sagas, which could easily last a couple games by themselves.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:41 am That's not interesting though. Instead of new characters it's just going to be highly similar forms of pre existing characters?

Theyll pretty much have to dig into Heroes. All of the main selling points for new characters have been used by DLC. (But then again, people will just buy it full price anyway if they see UI and Bluer Vegeta advertised. Even more so with Gogeta or Vegito Blue.)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Zamasu Black wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:40 am But at this point and with the series not currently airing, what is there left to even add for Xenoverse 3 now?
I mean, with the direction the series is going in, I'd be surprised if they didn't have an even more crazy story incorporating shit like they did in the last few DLCs for Xenoverse 2, honestly.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Theyll pretty much have to dig into Heroes. All of the main selling points for new characters have been used by DLC. (But then again, people will just buy it full price anyway if they see UI and Bluer Vegeta advertised. Even more so with Gogeta or Vegito Blue.)
Honestly I would love it if next game is xenoverse engine improved but is straight up tellings of the heroes series stories. It has so many pros :

- hasn't been seen by a lot of fans so will seem new
- already designed story's to flesh out
- loads of crazy and fun forms not seen since
- the fact Dark Demon Realm Saga seems like a sequel to xenoverse kinda is just perfect
- to my knowledge it's not been dubbed before so that adds a lot
- as it keeps going loads of dlc possibilities like 2

It would be great , sure they'd have to make some slight changes but it would be amazing to play though and would help people who have never played them experience it. Like I've only played the switch heroes game but the arcade mode stories seem really interesting but not enough story in that mode to enjoy them for me.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:19 am

ShadowVezon wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:41 pm

That could be a good thing though, it'll push them to tell a more original story.

Plus if they really can't come up with their own ideas, there's always the Heroes sagas, which could easily last a couple games by themselves.
Heroes is absolutely shiiit for an actual story. I mean it's great for other things like character designs an such, but the actual story is terrible. It's like the worst fanfic possible. Forget Heroes though. There is a wealth of stories that can be told with the Xenoverse premise. I've gone into such ideas for the XV3 Wishlist thread. Which includes split factions among the Time Patrol, which includes a group believing in Justice throughout all Time and thus seeking to eliminate all evils from history. Which pits them against the other TP's and Tika/Chronoa, who only seeks to correct disturbances in history, not rewrite it.

Then you have the Time Breakers and Fu doing things on their own. There are a ton of original stories that can be told without having to retell the exact same story as before. Which is another reason why some people aren't into the Kakarot game. Because it's retreading the same ground we've covered for decades. DBO started pushing things in a new direction and from that we got Xenoverse, but they just kept returning to the same stagnant well over and over again.

When the fans become better at telling a Dragon Ball story than the people being paid by Sheisha, it's time to get some new writers.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:32 am

Is it really feel like scraping the barrel if the main campaign was to cover Dragon Ball Heroes.

I suppose I could get a lot of new characters out of it now but nobody really knows them.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:17 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm What are the chances they do a complete overhaul on the graphics for Xenoverse 3? I know Heroes and DBLegends had some texture changes, but I'm talking about making the game look more inspired off of the anime like Kakarot and FighterZ instead of that action figure style Xenoverse has.

Second question: Is it realistic to expect them to change how underwhelming the attacks look?
Depends on how much time and budget they get since they'd then have to overhaul the existing roster and assets with the improvements.
Is it possible that they've been working on it shortly after finishing XV2?
Kanassa wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:17 pm but I wouldn't get your hopes up anytime soon. Looking more like Legends's models is more likely
Kakarot and FighterZ were amazing, I don't really like either of those games, but I can still see how much effort went into them. (not sure about the time and budget they worked with though), maybe it convinced Bandai to either replace Dimps or tell them to get it together.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm Kakarot and FighterZ were amazing, I don't really like either of those games, but I can still see how much effort went into them. (not sure about the time and budget they worked with though), maybe it convinced Bandai to either replace Dimps or tell them to get it together.
Well, THAT'S a back-handed compliment.
I'd be VERY surprised if they replaced Dimps for Xenoverse. They got pretty close to a good game with XV2 & I'd be very surprised if they took them off of that project for another sequel. Personally, I'd love to see a port of the Budokai HD Collection to current/next gen consoles & PC with Budokai 2 added in (Budokai 2 has a LOT of crazy shit I loved & would love to not have to boot up my GameCube copy to play it, especially since the memory card for it got corrupted & I lost a lot of the save files for games I haven't played in years that don't have current-gen ports, also to play it in HD & widescreen would be awesome, even if the music would be stripped away due to Yamamoto's plagiarism, which COULD be modded back in by fans on PC) before a XV3, but I'll play XV3 if/when we get it since I don't expect that to happen.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:00 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm Kakarot and FighterZ were amazing, I don't really like either of those games, but I can still see how much effort went into them. (not sure about the time and budget they worked with though), maybe it convinced Bandai to either replace Dimps or tell them to get it together.
Well, THAT'S a back-handed compliment.
I'd be VERY surprised if they replaced Dimps for Xenoverse. They got pretty close to a good game with XV2 & I'd be very surprised if they took them off of that project for another sequel. Personally, I'd love to see a port of the Budokai HD Collection to current/next gen consoles & PC with Budokai 2 added in (Budokai 2 has a LOT of crazy shit I loved & would love to not have to boot up my GameCube copy to play it, especially since the memory card for it got corrupted & I lost a lot of the save files for games I haven't played in years that don't have current-gen ports, also to play it in HD & widescreen would be awesome, even if the music would be stripped away due to Yamamoto's plagiarism, which COULD be modded back in by fans on PC) before a XV3, but I'll play XV3 if/when we get it since I don't expect that to happen.
??? I think the game is enjoyable when I'm just mindlessly beating up fighters in Parallel Quests, but I wouldn't really call Xenoverse 2 good. Hell, I sometimes have trouble calling it a sequel when the base game is almost identical to the first. I know the small window frame limited their skills, and I actually used to think they improved the game with DLC until I realized, up until DLC number 6, it was just the same "fight purple character" routine you see in XV1 and 2. I really want them to come up with a game that makes the most out of CaC, SDBH, AND all of the what-if possibilities, but them sprucing up the models, fixing a few wonky features/adding desired ones in, and dumping a handful of SDBH characters into the mix seems far cheaper and therefore the most obvious option.

Or maybe I'm just being needlessly pessimistic and Dimps has totally got this covered. I don't know a thing about the team in charge of this series, or their development practices, or whether or not the small window they got to work on X2 was normal for developers to deal with.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm maybe it convinced Bandai to either replace Dimps or tell them to get it together.
Why would Bandai replace Dimps or need them to 'get it together'? The Xenoverse games have sold pretty well. I don't think Bandai are gonna get that pissy because the graphics aren't as good as Cyberconect games.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:50 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:23 pm maybe it convinced Bandai to either replace Dimps or tell them to get it together.
Why would Bandai replace Dimps or need them to 'get it together'? The Xenoverse games have sold pretty well. I don't think Bandai are gonna get that pissy because the graphics aren't as good as Cyberconect games.
I don't think Xenoverse was bad, but If I'm being blunt, this game is VERY below average. Everything apart from the dialogue just screams lackluster. I wasn't talking about JUST the graphics, but now that you mention it, the graphics on this game have got to be the most revolting quality it has, I'd even call it worse than any other Dragon Ball game I can think of. I'm particularly repulsed by how the energy beams look and explode. I was hoping for a sequel so they could try it again and fix everything wrong. My hopes were answered when Xenoverse 2 came out, but to my horror #2 was almost identical to the first game and didn't even deserve the right to be called a sequel. No attempt was made to make it seem like they did anything different. After it came out it was just a long, expensive stream of DLC and most of them were just the same routine but with DBS and GT. Out of all of the development teams Bandai put in charge of Dragon Ball, Dimps had the biggest opportunity to go crazy with everything the franchise had to offer and they ignored most of it. Hell, every game that had short, half baked what-if storylines did it better than Xenoverse. That should tell you something. They got away with it though. I don't know how, but they actually got away with it. This has me thinking that Bandai will just apply the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy onto XV3 and Dimps will just throw some characters and a few wanted features into the next game and call it a day.

I think Bandai messed up with putting Arcsys and CB2 in charge of FighterZ and Kakarot. Like I said before, even someone that doesn't like these games like me can see how much soul those teams put into it. For a while I was even jealous. Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 were the first CaC games officially playable for the west since Ultimate Tenkaichi and it was lazily developed while the two games following were obvious labors of love. DB:K and FighterZ make some of the previous games look like they did the absolute minimum with their development, especially Xenoverse. I think I might be giving this fanbase too much credit, but I'm hopeful that the fans will notice such a big gap in quality between those two games and a potentially underwhelming Xenoverse 3.

What Bandai should not be wanting to do is reverting back to the chain of low quality Z retellings we had before FighterZ and Kakarot. Shouldn't they keep the trend going of investing more effort and quality into the IP and allowing it to grow? To do that we need a development studio that is actually going to be legitimately capable of pulling that off. IIRC Dimps is currently supporting Xenoverse and Heroes on the other devices. How are they going to do that AND produce a better game that lives up to expectations? It seems like too much to handle for such a small and seemingly inexperienced team. If this means nixing Dimps , then I'm all for it. Though I'd prefer it if Bandai pushed Dimps to be better, mainly by replacing some of the staff and getting far more experienced people to do it.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:08 pm
I don't think Xenoverse was bad, but If I'm being blunt, this game is VERY below average. Everything apart from the dialogue just screams lackluster. I wasn't talking about JUST the graphics, but now that you mention it, the graphics on this game have got to be the most revolting quality it has, I'd even call it worse than any other Dragon Ball game I can think of. I'm particularly repulsed by how the energy beams look and explode. I was hoping for a sequel so they could try it again and fix everything wrong. My hopes were answered when Xenoverse 2 came out, but to my horror #2 was almost identical to the first game and didn't even deserve the right to be called a sequel. No attempt was made to make it seem like they did anything different. After it came out it was just a long, expensive stream of DLC and most of them were just the same routine but with DBS and GT. Out of all of the development teams Bandai put in charge of Dragon Ball, Dimps had the biggest opportunity to go crazy with everything the franchise had to offer and they ignored most of it. Hell, every game that had short, half baked what-if storylines did it better than Xenoverse. That should tell you something. They got away with it though. I don't know how, but they actually got away with it. This has me thinking that Bandai will just apply the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy onto XV3 and Dimps will just throw some characters and a few wanted features into the next game and call it a day.

I think Bandai messed up with putting Arcsys and CB2 in charge of FighterZ and Kakarot. Like I said before, even someone that doesn't like these games like me can see how much soul those teams put into it. For a while I was even jealous. Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 were the first CaC games officially playable for the west since Ultimate Tenkaichi and it was lazily developed while the two games following were obvious labors of love. DB:K and FighterZ make some of the previous games look like they did the absolute minimum with their development, especially Xenoverse. I think I might be giving this fanbase too much credit, but I'm hopeful that the fans will notice such a big gap in quality between those two games and a potentially underwhelming Xenoverse 3.

What Bandai should not be wanting to do is reverting back to the chain of low quality Z retellings we had before FighterZ and Kakarot. Shouldn't they keep the trend going of investing more effort and quality into the IP and allowing it to grow? To do that we need a development studio that is actually going to be legitimately capable of pulling that off. IIRC Dimps is currently supporting Xenoverse and Heroes on the other devices. How are they going to do that AND produce a better game that lives up to expectations? It seems like too much to handle for such a small and seemingly inexperienced team. If this means nixing Dimps , then I'm all for it. Though I'd prefer it if Bandai pushed Dimps to be better, mainly by replacing some of the staff and getting far more experienced people to do it.
I think this critique is a little harsh considering how long Xenoverse has been around. XV2 came out 3 years ago and was really successful. Now we look to recent games and flip the script and say that XV was trash? The game did start to get boring to me as I didn't like the conditions of PQs and playing with other people was tough because there as no need to play with ld PQs or Exprert missions of most people already beat them. With that being still said, the game just ended its support last month which is truly incredible. If we do get an XV3 or another game that builds off XV by Dimps and we don't see improvement, then I think your complaints are warranted. But XV2 was a huge improvement over XV1 just like Budokai 2 was a huge improvement over the first. Then you had Budokai 3 which was a vast improvement over 2 and I expect the same when looking to the next SV installment. So while I agree with you that the game could've been better, the idea that DIMPS did the bare minimum on XV totally inaccurate. Don't let the success of these new games discredit the work that was done on XV. I just don't think that's fair.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

I think this critique is a little harsh considering how long Xenoverse has been around. XV2 came out 3 years ago and was really successful. Now we look to recent games and flip the script and say that XV was trash? The game did start to get boring to me as I didn't like the conditions of PQs and playing with other people was tough because there as no need to play with ld PQs or Exprert missions of most people already beat them. With that being still said, the game just ended its support last month which is truly incredible. If we do get an XV3 or another game that builds off XV by Dimps and we don't see improvement, then I think your complaints are warranted. But XV2 was a huge improvement over XV1 just like Budokai 2 was a huge improvement over the first. Then you had Budokai 3 which was a vast improvement over 2 and I expect the same when looking to the next SV installment. So while I agree with you that the game could've been better, the idea that DIMPS did the bare minimum on XV totally inaccurate. Don't let the success of these new games discredit the work that was done on XV. I just don't think that's fair.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:38 am

dualist wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm

I think this critique is a little harsh considering how long Xenoverse has been around. XV2 came out 3 years ago and was really successful. Now we look to recent games and flip the script and say that XV was trash? The game did start to get boring to me as I didn't like the conditions of PQs and playing with other people was tough because there as no need to play with ld PQs or Exprert missions of most people already beat them. With that being still said, the game just ended its support last month which is truly incredible. If we do get an XV3 or another game that builds off XV by Dimps and we don't see improvement, then I think your complaints are warranted.
I always thought XV was a little bit underwhelming, XV2 was no different since almost everything from XV1 was copied and pasted, but I ignored that for some reason, I guess I was hoping they would improve it overtime. The DLCs came out faster than I thought and I was thinking the same thing you are, but after I finished the game and DLCs 1-8 (I bought 9-10 later) I noticed that the game still hasn't changed much of the things that very much needed it, they just added more things that also needed to be rehauled. It didn't take FighterZ and Kakarot to make me realize we could have had something much, much better, but some of their features did put me under the belief that we've been given the short end of the stick. I just don't think Dimps was the right company to handle this. While they were the 2nd development team to give us a main console game with a character creator, people like to praise the team and the game for this alone but one single uninspired feature shouldn't determine the quality of a game. CACs are a lovely feature to have, but the game itself needs to have a certain measure of qualities in check that XV just doesn't have, and they had all the time in the world to perfect things over time, just take the raids for example. There isn't anything unique about it - just a horrible copy paste job with the same patterns you see in PQs and the main story. It didn't make the best use of six players. Xenoverse not making the best use of X basically sums up of what's wrong with the game.

dualist wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:57 pm But XV2 was a huge improvement over XV1 just like Budokai 2 was a huge improvement over the first. Then you had Budokai 3 which was a vast improvement over 2 and I expect the same when looking to the next SV installment. So while I agree with you that the game could've been better, the idea that DIMPS did the bare minimum on XV totally inaccurate. Don't let the success of these new games discredit the work that was done on XV. I just don't think that's fair.
I see this used a lot, but I just don't think they'd fix it. 10 DLCs, $60, and over 3 years later and there are still far too many things wrong, and they've already got their hands full supporting Heroes, Legends, and XV2 in the other devices, as well as any other game they might be working on. I won't deny that the game is popular, but that's probably why they're just going to make minor improvements, and then they'll slowly put in more through DLC, and call it a day. It's just an unfortunate (but cheap) business practice that they've already done with XV2.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:43 pm

I really don't like hearing he excuse "but it sold well". It's sales aren't a reflection of quality. It's because of Brand recognition. Like the Marvel movies. However, people can see where quality and effort have been put into a project. Brandnames are losing their power to compel audiences into buying. Look at Star Wars. The fans were excited for TFA...and were disappointed largely. They hoped TLJ would make up for it...but instead dealt a deathblow to the franchise as a whole. And now ROS was the final dying gasp of Star Wars. Mandalorian has helped keep it on life support, but Disney is losing money on the property because of how poorly it's been handled.

When you handle a franchise poorly, the fans respond in kind. The Terminator franchise ialso all but dead. Right along with Charlie's Angels and now Birds of Prey is bombing hard. Despite the fact Joker was a massive success. Point being, you can't rely on brand recognition for sales. You need more than just good impressions. You need positive reactions and you need to appeal to and appears your fans. As they're the ones who will actually buy into the product.

Kakarot looked cool...but turned out to be a rather mediocre game overall. It's more like a prototype for a game they want to make. Maybe that's all it really is. But fans want a XV3 and they want to see a lot of improvements made. If Bandai/Namco can't deliver, the product will not sell that well. And if it's not really an improvement, then fans won't have reason to buy it when they can just mod the PC version of XV2 into the game they want. And when a game fails to sell, the Gaming Companies blame the players and fans for not buying their product, instead of taking responsibility for releasing an inferior product.

Much as I may enjoy the franchise, I will not give them my money unless it's actually worth my money. Funimation has soured a lot of fans because of what they've done. And a number of people have stopped purchasing any products from them in retaliation for breaking their trust. When that trust is gone, the only people left will be those who just don't care and will mindlessly spend their money on things...because it's probably not theirs anyway.

If they can't deliver on a better Xenoverse game, then this branch of game titles will just die out. Like Burst Limit and Raging Blast. Once the interest is gone from that style, they just dump it instead of trying to improve it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:24 am

We've been in a DB renaissance since BoG was released and this has really been the golden age of DB games. Fusions, XV, Fighterz, amd Kakarot are all teally good games in my opinion. And while I feel like Kakarot could've benefited from more variety and deeper gameplay, I'm having a blast with the game and truly believe its a solid 8/10. They've been making good games lately and I believe that they'll make more than minor improvements to XV. In fact, I feel like the success of Fighterz will inspire Bamco to make the necessary improvements to XV as I feel they can focus more on the other elements that make it more than just a fighting game. Personally, I've got my money's worth with the recent string of DB games and haven't been disappointed. I have faith that they'll continue improving.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:55 pm

I just don't think Dimps is capable enough to do anything more than XV2's modders are doing right now. There are so many things they need to improve: The combat system, the music, the character models, the visuals, the world design, and much more. The story in particular needs to have some extra effort put into it because they likely won't be able to get away with giving us Z again, they may even have to dip into SDBHeroes since they tapped into most of their DBS and GT reserves. Dimps doesn't seem like a big team and this is obviously too much to ask for them, and both the gameplay and the Story shows just how inexperienced they are with this type of game. 5 years later and they're still walking with baby steps.

My whining may not show it, but I'm kind of optimistic since Xenoverse 3 should have came out already. Bandai is usually quick to get a sequel in as shown by Xenoverse 2 and the Dragon Ball games with more than 2 installments since all of them were only a year apart. Now they're going to have to wait for Kakarot to die down and the PS5. Dimps could have easily put Super and GT content in a bundle and worked on the next game, but they didn't. They were passed over twice for FighterZ and Kakakrot and now you have more people like me that are somewhat spoiled by the quality of those games. Either some of the higher ups at Bandai have noticed this and are actually pressuring Dimps to get their act together during this hiatus, or even better, have entrusted a new team to handle it, or Dimps is just working on the maintenance for the games they already have and aren't even thinking about XV3 right now.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:32 am

If they will add End of Z Gi for mentor Goku, I will maybe return... but I won’t be spending more money on this game, it is undeserved at this point. I am still bummed by this!
Let’s face it, there are half assed things that could have been worked easily. Like simpler responsive combos with better block system and attacks being tracked better. Having more customes, like Ressurection F Gi for Goku with SSJ, End of Z Gi, costumes that CAC can equip but are not included for respective characters... Android 13, Bojack and others having their final forms... Number of characters in versus not locked at the start... it is like stepdown from Spike’s Sparking and Raging Blast series.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88