"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 am

Zelvin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am
Which I'd say, again, just means that people will end up abandoning the console versions of these games and just go with the PC version. Given the modding community actually fixes a lot of issues and gives players tons of content.
[/quote]
Would they though? Generally speaking, console gamers are console gamers and PC gamers are PC gamers. I can’t see anyone changing their whole gaming lifestyle & purchasing the relevant kit for the sake of something like a bonus character for a 4 year old game. Console gamers are the more complacent ones anyway (and I say that as one lolz), it would take something a lot more problematic than that for people to make the jump.

(Of course, there are people who do both but... at that point they have your money anyway. Say some people do jump ship. Would it even matter to Namdai? A PC sale is just as good as an Xbox sale.)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:29 am

Zelvin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am So they're not even giving people anything that modders haven't given us already.
How? Modders put Chronoa's model over a default character, the character here is the character actually built.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:15 pm

In my case, I haven't jumped to PC because I couldn't install the patch and haven't got time to sit down and do it properly.
SKOT isn't really what helped me make that decision, but the many characters modded that the PS4 version will never ever see.

To be honest I couldn't care less about SKOT, I haven't play XV2 in a long time, at this point I wouldn't put in time to get a character I don't really care about.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:40 pm

There will be an extra mission. Hopefully it drops some interesting tidbit or something.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 am

This update is useless for me. I mean, i have to pay the subscription for a "free" character?
No, i'm done with this game. I'm waiting for XV3.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am

For those who have the game on the PS4 or Xbox One I totally hear you when you say that the character is not "free" unless you actually get to participate with the online tournament and that you need to have PS+/Xbox Live.

But I also think it is an interesting concept to have it be earned, just that it will be a bit of a mess with the amount of Hit's you'll encounter.
Still, if you play on console I'd assume you'd have a subscription to online. Cause if not for online, what else would you play? Offline quests all the time? Doesn't sound that fun to me if you have no access to online anyway.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am Still, if you play on console I'd assume you'd have a subscription to online. Cause if not for online, what else would you play? Offline quests all the time? Doesn't sound that fun to me if you have no access to online anyway.
I have had PS+ since its launch and I have zero interest in any of the online functionality of either of the Xenoverse games. No interest in playing battles online, no interest in doing quests online, no interest in the raids, etc.

I'm also not someone chasing all the rewards and "drops" and such so 🤷‍♂️. I just play the games for the standard story content and then completely drop them. I don't think they're worth playing for anything beyond that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:52 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 am I just play the games for the standard story content and then completely drop them. I don't think they're worth playing for anything beyond that.
I mean yeah that's fine of course each to their own! It's a bit of a hassle having to replay the story to get awoken skills trophy in the game, but I like the story of the game. Considering it is the story we know and love with a different take to it :P

But I do prefer the online aspect of the game, doing 2vs2, raids where you go up 6vs1 against a tough boss and I also like to participate in the world tournament. Just wished that Dimps would actually distribute the rewards properly (since I haven't received the nickname rewards ever), and also get rid of the cheaters :think:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:57 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am For those who have the game on the PS4 or Xbox One I totally hear you when you say that the character is not "free" unless you actually get to participate with the online tournament and that you need to have PS+/Xbox Live.

But I also think it is an interesting concept to have it be earned, just that it will be a bit of a mess with the amount of Hit's you'll encounter.
Still, if you play on console I'd assume you'd have a subscription to online. Cause if not for online, what else would you play? Offline quests all the time? Doesn't sound that fun to me if you have no access to online anyway.
Here's the problem with DLC characters you can only get through specific means. Remember SS4 Vegeta from XV1? Bandai Namco never released that as a cheap, separate download at all for those who didn't buy the GameStop preorder version of the game. It locks people out of content that they shouldn't be. It's like Final Fantasy XV having the Moogle Chocobo & Assassin's Creed Festivals as temporary DLC. Before the last DLC's update for that game, you couldn't get the Master Assassin/Altair robes from AC1 if you missed at least the first event, which I did because I didn't know about it & hadn't played the game yet, then you still can't get the Medjay robes unless you played the second Festival. I don't mind a DLC that'll give me something for free, but not giving people an alternative, or keeping something going permanently within the game, just in case, is really dumb.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Scsigs wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:57 am Here's the problem with DLC characters you can only get through specific means. Remember SS4 Vegeta from XV1? Bandai Namco never released that as a cheap, separate download at all for those who didn't buy the GameStop preorder version of the game.
Yeah totally agree, I remember that whole SSJ4 Vegeta fiasco in the first game. At the time I wasn't sure what the Xenoverse game was going to play like so I waited a bit before getting it. I thought that at the time I could've gotten that pre-order only character at a later date, sucks that they didn't actually release him later with a purchase option.
Scsigs wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:57 am I don't mind a DLC that'll give me something for free, but not giving people an alternative, or keeping something going permanently within the game, just in case is really dumb.
All things considered, perhaps they'll actually make her available in an alternative way down the road? Maybe another possible event? Like a story quest? I certainly hope so cause it will give everyone the option to get her, but who knows what they'll do?
I just hope that they don't get any crazy ideas and think of doing this more often.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 am

I barely even know what's going on now. They finished the Super and Extra set right? Did they finish the Ultra set? With only the two packs?

The DLC is still going though with Chronoa next? Is that Ultra Pack 3 or is that something else?

Has anything else been confirmed aside from just adding Chronoa? Any other characters or stages or modes or features?

Really they've added enough characters, they should add more stages. All this DLC and they've only added a measly three.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am But I also think it is an interesting concept to have it be earned, just that it will be a bit of a mess with the amount of Hit's you'll encounter.
Literally any game that doesn't require online participation. There's scores of them and I'm a huge JRPG fan. Most of my time playing on PS4 isn't looking for online matches or team missions. It's in games with better written stories and characters than the vast majority of AAA trash.
YuseiFudou wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am But I also think it is an interesting concept to have it be earned, just that it will be a bit of a mess with the amount of Hit's you'll encounter.
Here's the funny thing. Games used to be all about earning unlocks and new characters as you play by fulfilling conditions within the game. That's what the early eras of gaming were about. Even in something as bad as DBGT Final Bout, there were still some hidden characters you could unlock. Or in the original MK where you could unlock Reptile on the roster.

The last few console generations have been about buying new characters as opposed to earning them in-game. Fighting games are notorious for this now with the excuse largely being "We couldn't add them to the initial release, so here it is now for $7.99!" or something to that effect. It's just a way of milking more money from the players and those that don't have the liquid assets to spend on such things get left behind and sometimes mocked for not having those characters and moves.

That's especially true for XV2. If you don't pony up for the DLC, then you don't get to participate in those PQ's with your friends. And since those DLC ones end up being the most often requested online, then you're stuck with the basic bitch quests nobody wants to do anymore.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:28 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 am They finished the Super and Extra set right? Did they finish the Ultra set? With only the two packs?

The DLC is still going though with Chronoa next? Is that Ultra Pack 3 or is that something else?

Has anything else been confirmed aside from just adding Chronoa? Any other characters or stages or modes or features?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Chronoa is a free character you get playing through an online tournament.

As of now, no. It seems like she's just a "thank you" add on for fans who've supported the game for so long.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Do we know when Chronoa is out?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm Do we know when Chronoa is out?
No date announced yet. Which means I'd assume sometime in the fall, probably before Christmas. Which probably means they're using this as a distraction while they prepare something else for players to throw their money at once they have everyone's attention.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 pm

Zelvin wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 pm
TobyS wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm Do we know when Chronoa is out?
No date announced yet. Which means I'd assume sometime in the fall, probably before Christmas. Which probably means they're using this as a distraction while they prepare something else for players to throw their money at once they have everyone's attention.
It'll probably be relatively soon, actually. Chronoa was announced a couple months ago, usually updates/dlc hit a couple months after announcement, but not usually more than 3 or 4 if I recall correctly. I personally expect her to come out either next month or in August.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 am

Apparently, a better look at the scan actually reveals that the tournament is an offline tournament against CPUs (with the actual images of the tournament showing the opponent isn't a player). I don't know how that would work with the three weeks thing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 am

Zelvin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am
YuseiFudou wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 am This ain't the only problem, there's another thing that worries me. Time in time I've participated in the World Tournament and Raids to get certain things. I always got the right amount of points for the nickname rewards, but never received them. So if they even make her a drop, I think they should fix other rewards too while they're at it.
Sucks they can't fix their own shit. I just feel Tika (that's what I call her) shouldn't have to be earned. If she's going to be part of "free" DLC, then make her freely available to everyone without having to earn her through some specific event. Especially since her models been part of the game since Day 1. Especially when you consider the fact modders added her to the game years ago. And with her Heroes version.

So they're not even giving people anything that modders haven't given us already. Which I'd say, again, just means that people will end up abandoning the console versions of these games and just go with the PC version. Given the modding community actually fixes a lot of issues and gives players tons of content.
But they need you to spend time with the game, fuel it by playing the modes they want you to play, pay for the in-game currency...
Why you should be give the character right away for free, try it few times and then not touching the game again?
Because that is what I did with the last DLCs :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:00 am

Kanassa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 am Apparently, a better look at the scan actually reveals that the tournament is an offline tournament against CPUs (with the actual images of the tournament showing the opponent isn't a player). I don't know how that would work with the three weeks thing.
This is reasonable.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 pm

Tournament in game and not online event will probably force me to return... I really did enjoy that bonus Fu story stuff and this game does not have the option to throw tournament. Add it in, make it Tournament Of Power against timelines made by Xeno and I am happy.

BTW I have never finished the fight against Mira with true ending... how can I achieve it?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88