"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:12 am

Scsigs wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 pmI mean, it came from an actual translation of his name, I believe, so...
And, I always took "omni-king" to mean "king of all," since "omni" means "all," not "omniverse," though that wouldn't shock me if they meant that, considering there are 12 universes he rules over in DB.
Well, if they meant that, then what I can say is that it's kind of a broad term, but if you do a bit of research (I highly recommend this website to a great start, especially if you like this subject) it's quite common that you will find results telling you that Omniverse not only encompasses all fictional material, but also the real world. So for that reason the term cannot be used to mean "everything, but limited in that realm", for that one we use Megaverse. As far as we can tell, Zeno only rules over the Dragon Ball world, nothing beyond that.

Anyway, like I said, I can see where the confusion comes from (even writers have acknowledged it), and I also see how "Mega-King" wouldn't sound "cool" (?), but still... It's all about accuracy. If "Omni-King" was inspired by the actual word "omni" and has nothing do with the subject I'm talking about, nevermind me then.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:50 am

"Omni-King" as a translation is a Kanzenshuu creation. I’m excited for our wiki to eventually launch since we have sections like this for each character and their name (yes, those numbers are linked citations in the actual wiki):
Kanzenshuu Wiki wrote:Similar in name structure to how the Kaiō (界王) are the lords of worlds, Zen'ō is the "lord" or "king" (王, ō) of "all" or "everything" (全, zen).

In his live summary tweets for the Dragon Ball Super television series' fortieth episode in April 2016, Kanzenshuu's Jake "Herms" Schutz pitched the idea of translating Zen'ō as "Omni-King"[1]; this spelling was subsequently and immediately adopted into the Kanzenshuu style guide.

With Viz's posting of the Dragon Ball Super manga's thirteenth chapter in December 2016[2], as is often done with the company's translation of names in the Dragon Ball god hierarchy, a loose standard of "Zenô-sama, the Lord of Everything" is adopted.

In November 2017, FUNimation's English dub of the episode featured Beerus referring to the character as the "Grand Zeno, the Omni-King".[3]
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 am

I knew that that came from somewhere like here!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:53 am

Oh, so it seems it does come from the actual word and has no relation to my point. My issue was that I thought it could have come from "Omniverse", in which his name/title would then mean "King of Omniverse". Thanks for the clarification!

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 am

1500 TP medals for one mascotte? (8€ more or less).
That's crazy, especially for a dead game xD.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 am

Man, Meditation got more than nerfed, it got practically destroyed. It was about the only thing that made Blue and Blue Evolution useable. Went from lasting a minute to 20 seconds.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:28 am

Gt91 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 am 1500 TP medals for one mascotte? (8€ more or less).
They wouldn't have priced them that high if people wouldn't buy them.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 am

A few more things;
AI for enemies has been upped again.
Some super attacks (like Super Broly's) have been sped up.
The UI moves you need to get from from TP store. After you set your time to Sept. 10.
No idea how to unlock Chronoa.
The other customizable characters are still not available.
You can get level 6 QQBangs, but you have to do multiplayer things to get the items you need. :?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:59 pm

I remember seeing something about UI coming as a transformation for our Time Patrollers, was that ever said officially? I didn't notice it coming up in the trailer we had, just the moves that UI Goku uses.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:59 pm I remember seeing something about UI coming as a transformation for our Time Patrollers, was that ever said officially? I didn't notice it coming up in the trailer we had, just the moves that UI Goku uses.
Not to my knowledge. Though you can now buy the moves from the TP shop (after setting your device's clock to Sept. 10). And a new UI Goku is available, with a new Super Kamehameha. Can even interrupt ultimates.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Purification for Majins now can regenerate stamina! Yes! :thumbup:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:28 am
Gt91 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 am 1500 TP medals for one mascotte? (8€ more or less).
They wouldn't have priced them that high if people wouldn't buy them.
I know, and that's really sad for me (lootboxes, TP medals ecc...).

p.s. about getting chrona. The official site says: The martial arts tournament is a recurring event. From "August 26 (Wed), 20.00 to september 2". So see your time zone.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:49 pm

Gt91 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 pm I know, and that's really sad for me (lootboxes, TP medals ecc...).

p.s. about getting chrona. The official site says: The martial arts tournament is a recurring event. From "August 26 (Wed), 20.00 to september 2". So see your time zone.
And if you're on console, the Tournament doesn't seem to appear if you're in offline mode. Meaning you need to pay your sub fee if you want the Free DLC Character.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Zelvin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Gt91 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:32 pm I know, and that's really sad for me (lootboxes, TP medals ecc...).

And if you're on console, the Tournament doesn't seem to appear if you're in offline mode. Meaning you need to pay your sub fee if you want the Free DLC Character.
So the same BS they pulled with an earlier free DLC. GDI. As excited as I would want to be for a Xenoverse 3, at this point I'm concerned that basically 90% of it would be only available if you have PS Plus.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:32 pm

Alright, got everything. Only missing now Kaioshin of Time and her moves. Hopefully they'll become available soon enough.

I always loved pet mechanic in the very few games and such I've seen and it's cool to have it here in XV2, I just wished there were more animations and actual interaction between the characters and the pets, like giving food to them or something like that. And hopefully they add/expand more in the future.

How exactly do you unlock the other wallpapers? I've finished a couple of PQs but didn't get anything, and many of them aren't even available in the TP Shop. Don't tell me it's locked behind RNG too?

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:32 pm Alright, got everything. Only missing now Kaioshin of Time and her moves. Hopefully they'll become available soon enough.

I always loved pet mechanic in the very few games and such I've seen and it's cool to have it here in XV2, I just wished there were more animations and actual interaction between the characters and the pets, like giving food to them or something like that. And hopefully they add/expand more in the future.

How exactly do you unlock the other wallpapers? I've finished a couple of PQs but didn't get anything, and many of them aren't even available in the TP Shop. Don't tell me it's locked behind RNG too?
I'm guessing there is nothing new with the customization like the SS Nappa, it was the only thing i was looking foward from this but i haven't seen anything on social media so i guess nothing new about it as i expected.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm So the same BS they pulled with an earlier free DLC. GDI. As excited as I would want to be for a Xenoverse 3, at this point I'm concerned that basically 90% of it would be only available if you have PS Plus.
Really the only choice in the will be to just go full PC. No more subscriptions just to play online (you're already paying for internet), arguably better graphics, better connectivity overall, and loads of fan mods. At this stage there's no reason to stay on console with these games as they keep becoming more restrictive and more about paying in installments just for content. Same reason why I'm done with MMO subscriptions. Outdated model and too expensive given every other form of service vying for peoples attention.

I swear the only reason we don't have a Complete or Ultimate Edition of XV2 is becomes they keep adding just the minimalist bit of content to the game every once in a while so that we can't just get everyone all at once for a reasonable price.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Zelvin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:43 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm So the same BS they pulled with an earlier free DLC. GDI. As excited as I would want to be for a Xenoverse 3, at this point I'm concerned that basically 90% of it would be only available if you have PS Plus.
Really the only choice in the will be to just go full PC. No more subscriptions just to play online (you're already paying for internet), arguably better graphics, better connectivity overall, and loads of fan mods. At this stage there's no reason to stay on console with these games as they keep becoming more restrictive and more about paying in installments just for content. Same reason why I'm done with MMO subscriptions. Outdated model and too expensive given every other form of service vying for peoples attention.

I swear the only reason we don't have a Complete or Ultimate Edition of XV2 is becomes they keep adding just the minimalist bit of content to the game every once in a while so that we can't just get everyone all at once for a reasonable price.
Oh, I've contemplated going PC for X2, but that's still shilling out money not only for another copy of the game (albeit digital), but also the DLC. That gets pricey when all done at once.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:12 pm Oh, I've contemplated going PC for X2, but that's still shilling out money not only for another copy of the game (albeit digital), but also the DLC. That gets pricey when all done at once.
That's why we need a Complete Version of the game. Those have all the DLC built in. Like Witcher 3, Nier: Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn. But again, the only reason we don't have a Complete Edition of Xenoverse 2 (hell, not even XV1 has a complete edition!) is because they keep doling out these bare bones updates to keep it on life support. Also because they're just being greedy by nickel and dimeing the player community.

It's for these reasons that I haven't bought the last group of DLC's. And if it's all supposedly going to be part of the next game at launch, why should I pay extra for it now for an inferior version of the same game? Maybe I'm just being miserly, but I don't feel we're getting equal bang for our buck.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:51 pm

Zelvin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:12 pm Oh, I've contemplated going PC for X2, but that's still shilling out money not only for another copy of the game (albeit digital), but also the DLC. That gets pricey when all done at once.
That's why we need a Complete Version of the game. Those have all the DLC built in. Like Witcher 3, Nier: Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn. But again, the only reason we don't have a Complete Edition of Xenoverse 2 (hell, not even XV1 has a complete edition!) is because they keep doling out these bare bones updates to keep it on life support. Also because they're just being greedy by nickel and dimeing the player community.

It's for these reasons that I haven't bought the last group of DLC's. And if it's all supposedly going to be part of the next game at launch, why should I pay extra for it now for an inferior version of the same game? Maybe I'm just being miserly, but I don't feel we're getting equal bang for our buck.
I don't even know about a sequel anymore.... had really high hopes in between all these past months when they would release trailers for upcoming games online in place of the cancelled E3 and then Xenoverse 3 is nowhere to be found yet, not to mention they are still pumping new content for 2 other DB games with Fighterz and Kakarot, then you have all that stuff about charging people money for in-game currency to buy a bunch of (IMO) pointless/useless stuff, which seems to be doing good business for them nonetheless, they might as well soft reset again with whatever new DB game they will come up eventually and keep Xenoverse 2 alive as a GTA V kinda thing because that seems to be the way of doing business these days.