"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:06 am

Unlocked Chronoa. Very unique move set and base moves. A lot of long range attacks, but some interesting close range abilities too.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:34 am

Looked over at other places regarding unlocking Chronoa, and it sounds like they're having a hell of a time.

I mean, I'm not great by any means, but it wasn't THAT hard. Just a grind to get through it more or less.

BTW, Male Saiyan with Potential Unleashed or Super Vegeta 2, combined with "I Hate What I've Become" and Angry Hit, you do a LOT of damage. And makes for a decent counter move, despite not actually being a counter move.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:40 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pmI'm guessing there is nothing new with the customization like the SS Nappa, it was the only thing i was looking foward from this but i haven't seen anything on social media so i guess nothing new about it as i expected.
Yep, no one got a transformation. Makes you wonder why they gave Super Saiyan to Nappa in the first place. Maybe they're holding it to XV3.

Anyway, Kaioshin of Time's moves are amazing. I have no idea on how to use any of them properly, though. Gotta spend a lot of time reading their descriptions and trying to figure out a cool combination for each technique in the training.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 am

Did they increase the storage capacity for figurines?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:49 am

How can I unlock the Kai ? Is it possible offline ?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:49 am How can I unlock the Kai ? Is it possible offline ?
You need to finish all the main story missions (no idea how much of Tokipedia you need to do, but I haven't done all of it, so take that how you will) in order to get the mission. If you've done that, there should be a notification thing by the World Martial Arts Tournament area. Go there and talk to one of the officials and you should get a cut scene, followed by Trunks appearing there. From there, time to fight some rather difficult battles. Hopefully you've been practicing, because the foes are relentless.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Anyone have translations for the buff/nerf on the skills?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:06 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:03 pm Anyone have translations for the buff/nerf on the skills?
Not sure on all of them;
Meditation was drastically nerfed. Takes longer to set up and only lasts 20 seconds. Though it fills a lot faster.

Majin Purification Form; you now regen stamina in the form (or with the Super Soul Eeh hee hee, not sure which yet, but awesome either way).

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm

One question about participating in the Conton City Tournament and then getting Lady Chronoa, do you need to have an Online Subscription for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 in order to do both?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm One question about participating in the Conton City Tournament and then getting Lady Chronoa, do you need to have an Online Subscription for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 in order to do both?
To get Chronoa? I don't believe so. To get the new level 6 capsules? Yes. Those require multiplayer.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:21 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm One question about participating in the Conton City Tournament and then getting Lady Chronoa, do you need to have an Online Subscription for Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 in order to do both?
To get Chronoa? I don't believe so. To get the new level 6 capsules? Yes. Those require multiplayer.
Terribly sorry for me not being clear enough, but I am asking if do you have to have an Online Subscription in order to get Lady Chronoa and even do the new Tournament that was added into Xenoverse 2?

I am asking this because of the fact that I had played Xenoverse 2 to death, but I am interested to play around with Lady Chronoa and also competing in the newest Tournament to show the characters from Dragon Ball Super that every single goddamn one of them will be defeated by an Earthling of all people.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm
Terribly sorry for me not being clear enough, but I am asking if do you have to have an Online Subscription in order to get Lady Chronoa and even do the new Tournament that was added into the Game?
Should not have to have an online subscription to get Chronoa. Just need to have done all the story missions.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:49 am How can I unlock the Kai ? Is it possible offline ?
You need to finish all the main story missions (no idea how much of Tokipedia you need to do, but I haven't done all of it, so take that how you will) in order to get the mission. If you've done that, there should be a notification thing by the World Martial Arts Tournament area. Go there and talk to one of the officials and you should get a cut scene, followed by Trunks appearing there. From there, time to fight some rather difficult battles. Hopefully you've been practicing, because the foes are relentless.
Thanks a lot.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Terribly sorry for me not being clear enough, but I am asking if do you have to have an Online Subscription in order to get Lady Chronoa and even do the new Tournament that was added into the Game?
Should not have to have an online subscription to get Chronoa. Just need to have done all the story missions.
I see, thank you for clarifying that for me. Jackalope89. But how do you unlock her as a character and even participate in the new Tournament for crying out loud?

Also, just between you and me, I am very disappointed that Xenoverse 2 doesn't allow you to use characters from the Real World and especially other works of Fiction against any of the characters from Xenoverse 2.

As well as the fact that despite the aforementioned Game dealing with Space-Time shenanigans, you, as the Player, can't really create your very own particular version of the Dragon World.

Like for an example, me Trolling the absolute Hell right of the Z-Fighters and their enemies at a very early point in their respective lives, but without any of them realizing it at the very exact same time, by having introduced them to not only the likes of myself, but also characters that are alternate female counterparts of some of the Z-Fighters and even some of the Saiyan characters' very own female offspring that exist in other Timelines of the Dragon World.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:13 pm

See my other post on how to unlock her. But you need to go through the tournament thing twice (successfully) and probably need all of the DLC.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 pm Should not have to have an online subscription to get Chronoa. Just need to have done all the story missions.
Here's the rub though. I've done all of the main story. I did all of the stuff with Fu too. And the tourny still doesn't appear in offline mode. So that means either;

A) you need an active subscription if you're on console
or
B) You also need to have all the story done for all the previous DLC

If B, then it means if you haven't bought all the DLC, then you can't compete in the tourny to get chronoa. If that's the case, then it still isn't Free. You still have to buy all the previous DLC just to get'er. And if it's A, then as a console player, you're stuck paying for the online sub just to get access to the Tourny and missions.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Zelvin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 pm Should not have to have an online subscription to get Chronoa. Just need to have done all the story missions.
Here's the rub though. I've done all of the main story. I did all of the stuff with Fu too. And the tourny still doesn't appear in offline mode. So that means either;

or

If B, then it means if you haven't bought all the DLC, then you can't compete in the tourny to get chronoa. If that's the case, then it still isn't Free. You still have to buy all the previous DLC just to get'er. And if it's A, then as a console player, you're stuck paying for the online sub just to get access to the Tourny and missions.
I have only the first season pass and i can do the tournament. I think we only have to complete the main story.
Maybe we just need a connection to Internet/servers.

I tried the first round (6 vs 1) and they defeated me spamming everything xD (you can't use items to heal yourself).

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Gt91 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm
Zelvin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm

or

I have only the first season pass and i can do the tournament. I think we only have to complete the main story.
Maybe we just need a connection to Internet/servers.

I tried the first round (6 vs 1) and they defeated me spamming everything xD (you can't use items to heal yourself).
Yeah, the update also made the AI meaner all around. Granted, I've had a bit of practice thanks to working on the harder PQ missions before the update, but it still took me by surprise.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:54 pm

Well, after 4 years, never thought I would say this; Majin Purification is kind of OP. Especially with the Eehehehee Super Soul. Not only does your ki constantly regen with it, with pretty good supers and ultimates, but with the update, your stamina regens CONSTANTLY. Even when attacking with basic, supers, AND ultimates. Quick Sleep? You go to sleep faster and regen health faster too.