"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanKingMike

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Just loaded the game to check out the new content and I am not seeing any of the new 10 Partner Customizations like ssb vegito and gogeta and so forth. Anyone know if you have to do something to unlock them?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:10 pm

Gt91 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm I have only the first season pass and i can do the tournament. I think we only have to complete the main story.
Maybe we just need a connection to Internet/servers.

I tried the first round (6 vs 1) and they defeated me spamming everything xD (you can't use items to heal yourself).
Tried entering game again and still no content. So yes, it does appear you need an active online subscription. So either MSN or PS+ and whatever Nintendo's equivalent is. Really wish this wasn't a thing given you already have to pay for Internet to connect with the consoles anyway. But oh well, just gives me even less of a reason to play and I have zero reasons to resub when I mostly play JRPG's anyway when I have time. 45-60$ doesn't seem like a big deal, except when it comes to everything else every service and company is trying to get you to pay for.

Maybe I'll just pick the game up again in a few years on steam. Though it doesn't seem like the even the base price of the game will drop unless it's a steam sale. you'd think a 4yr old game on digital would be less than $50 on the storefront. Hell I got the YorHa edition of Nier Automata for under $30. Same with Witcher 3 complete edition. Makes all the pricing games Bandai-Namco play seem not worth it. I get the feeling Code Vein will get a Complete Edition well before Xenoverse does.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:43 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:59 pm Just loaded the game to check out the new content and I am not seeing any of the new 10 Partner Customizations like ssb vegito and gogeta and so forth. Anyone know if you have to do something to unlock them?
Apparently you need to fight in the new multiplayer things or something.
Really, I'm unclear on that as well.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:39 am

Honestly, you'd think Bandai Namco would put out instructions on how to unlock new content that has extremely obtuse ways of getting it in the game. How hard is that to do?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:42 am

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:59 pm Just loaded the game to check out the new content and I am not seeing any of the new 10 Partner Customizations like ssb vegito and gogeta and so forth. Anyone know if you have to do something to unlock them?
Apparently you need keys to unlock them, which drop randomly from raids.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm
Gt91 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm
Zelvin wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
Here's the rub though. I've done all of the main story. I did all of the stuff with Fu too. And the tourny still doesn't appear in offline mode. So that means either;

A) you need an active subscription if you're on console
or
B) You also need to have all the story done for all the previous DLC

If B, then it means if you haven't bought all the DLC, then you can't compete in the tourny to get chronoa. If that's the case, then it still isn't Free. You still have to buy all the previous DLC just to get'er. And if it's A, then as a console player, you're stuck paying for the online sub just to get access to the Tourny and missions.
I have only the first season pass and i can do the tournament. I think we only have to complete the main story.
Maybe we just need a connection to Internet/servers.

I tried the first round (6 vs 1) and they defeated me spamming everything xD (you can't use items to heal yourself).
Yeah, the update also made the AI meaner all around. Granted, I've had a bit of practice thanks to working on the harder PQ missions before the update, but it still took me by surprise.
I finally made it.
I used a lv 6 QQ bangs and a ki blast build + Mmmm to heal myself.

I have to say it, there's a lot of good stuff in this update. Now i hope to hear some news about XV3 :thumbup:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am

Gt91 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 amI hope to hear some news about XV3 :thumbup:
The next game should be announced by the end of the year, so hopefully it's XV3.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:56 am

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am
Gt91 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 amI hope to hear some news about XV3 :thumbup:
The next game should be announced by the end of the year, so hopefully it's XV3.
I'd probably like it if the next game was actually just a much better version of DBO. A much more action/combat MMO, like some others, to keep that Fighting Feel while actually being a full MMO and not just hybrid crap that's inferior to both traditional DBZ fighting games and MMO's.

If you look at it, Xenoverse is an inferior version of DBO and Tenkaichi. The RPG elements have been extremely lacking and the combat system has been in heavy need of revamp for a long time. If they could set things up better in a full open-world game, I think the community would love it. We never got an official world wide release of DBO. And that has always been rather sad. Even though it wasn't all that great in terms of game mechanics, people still loved it.

Certainly, MMO's are pretty much on their way out, but if they made one following the Guild War's model (ie; no subscription, just Pay 2 play), then I figure it'd be successful and people would support it. Especially if they actually put effort into developing it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Zelvin wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:56 am
Matches Malone wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 am
I'd probably like it if the next game was actually just a much better version of DBO. A much more action/combat MMO, like some others, to keep that Fighting Feel while actually being a full MMO and not just hybrid crap that's inferior to both traditional DBZ fighting games and MMO's.

If you look at it, Xenoverse is an inferior version of DBO and Tenkaichi. The RPG elements have been extremely lacking and the combat system has been in heavy need of revamp for a long time. If they could set things up better in a full open-world game, I think the community would love it. We never got an official world wide release of DBO. And that has always been rather sad. Even though it wasn't all that great in terms of game mechanics, people still loved it.

Certainly, MMO's are pretty much on their way out, but if they made one following the Guild War's model (ie; no subscription, just Pay 2 play), then I figure it'd be successful and people would support it. Especially if they actually put effort into developing it.
This has been my hope since XV was first released especially considering that they pulled a lot of content from DBO. I feel like they could lean even more into this since FighterZ pretty much has the fighting game components sowed up. Even if the game is kinda like an MMO lite like Destiny that would be a good move. But I'm with you 100%.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Phew. Got almost all Moves and only one Ultimate Move from Toki no Kaioshin to go from the Final Tournament Battle. It's so annoying. Z Ranking those Quests appears to raise the odds a little, but still. Getting it is not so easy. Especially when random Warp Kamehameha get spammend in the worst moments possible.

So any news what Even Raid Battles we can expect when? I mean those that will drop the Character Customization Keys. I tried to look it up myself but came up empty handed so far. Maybe someone has better sources?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:19 pm

I would LOVE to do some PQ Tours, but no one is ever looking/hosting a match in my region or whatever. :evil:

And, I'm on Xbox One. *sigh*

Are they any harder online with other people? Because I've otherwise done them all (the regular ones) in single player.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:36 pm

With the new update to Purification, I just beat (single player) Tournament of Power Round 2 with a Male Majin. :thumbup:

Still no luck on the tour missions though. :thumbdown:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Chronoa is actually a pretty interesting character. steedoj's recent video on her move combinations makes her a combo heavy, but powerful, character. It just takes practice to get it done.

Also highly recommend doing the workaround for getting UIGoku's moves. Very much worth it, especially the ultimate. His ultimate (along with Jiren's) pairs REALLY well with Meditation, despite the nerf to Meditation. As the more Ki bars you have, the more damage it does. And very much for a striker/balanced character for max damage.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 pm Chronoa is actually a pretty interesting character. steedoj's recent video on her move combinations makes her a combo heavy, but powerful, character. It just takes practice to get it done.

Also highly recommend doing the workaround for getting UIGoku's moves. Very much worth it, especially the ultimate. His ultimate (along with Jiren's) pairs REALLY well with Meditation, despite the nerf to Meditation. As the more Ki bars you have, the more damage it does. And very much for a striker/balanced character for max damage.
And if you add the "Thank you, Dragon Balls!" from EoZ Gokuu, max Strike Stat, 6 Point Strike Stat QQ Bang and SSJBE it should pretty much be an insta kill.
I used it as 0 Strike Stat Male Saiyajin with only SSJBE and a 4 Point Strike Stat QQ Bang and "Thank you, Dragon Balls." It did more Damage than just Ui Gokuu can do with it by himself.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:52 pm Chronoa is actually a pretty interesting character. steedoj's recent video on her move combinations makes her a combo heavy, but powerful, character. It just takes practice to get it done.

What's the work around?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:34 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:23 pm

What's the work around?
Changing the date on your system so the skills appear in the TP medal shop

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm

That tournament is total BS... I quit in the Round 1, as it is just about how great you are at cheesing trough this impossible challenge where all the oponents have maxed stats... and it made angry so much, that outside of FighterZ, I won’t support any other DB game with my money anymore... I know that it is angry rant and that I am probably in minority, but I think that this money grab needs to die off... XV2 is a game with s**t gameplay from the start and I am really angry that I wasted so much money on it. Not buying Kakarot or any other poorly made franchise cash-in In near future.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm Not buying Kakarot or any other poorly made franchise cash-in In near future.

Yeah but you will.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 pm

Wilderness wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:01 pm Yeah but you will.
This is a perfect example of an antagonistic/worthless post that should not be made by any users.

Anyone can do a drive-by shitpost. You can do better. Ask more of yourself.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm That tournament is total BS... I quit in the Round 1, as it is just about how great you are at cheesing trough this impossible challenge where all the oponents have maxed stats... and it made angry so much, that outside of FighterZ, I won’t support any other DB game with my money anymore... I know that it is angry rant and that I am probably in minority, but I think that this money grab needs to die off... XV2 is a game with s**t gameplay from the start and I am really angry that I wasted so much money on it. Not buying Kakarot or any other poorly made franchise cash-in In near future.
Before you really flip out, here's a link that may prove useful for the tournament rounds.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/19 ... 2/78937257

And one thing some players have used in the 1st round is Ki Explosion. With a good amount of Ki and good Ki stats, you should be able to take out or at least severely weaken several at once.

Against Goku (another one many have had problems with), people have recommended using Tien's Super Soul to negate all Kamehameha damage.

But yeah, this tournament is not meant to be easy. As you can only get to it after completing the Story mode (and by extension, the PQs, at least most of them) first.