"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:30 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:20 am
Gt91 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:07 am DLC 12: out in spring.

So we have 3 months from now. That could mean a 4 characters pack?
Is it being promoted as DLC or a free update like the one that included supreme Kai of time ?
Nothing official, but i think it's a paid DLC.
We will surely get more informations next month.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:23 pm

I wonder if anyone has made an list of what characters have complete costumes but are not in the game? It would make sense that those characters would be easier include. Right?
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

ShadowVezon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ShadowVezon » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:30 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:23 pm I wonder if anyone has made an list of what characters have complete costumes but are not in the game? It would make sense that those characters would be easier include. Right?
Dr. Gero
Android 19
Supreme Kai
Uub
Kid Chi-Chi
Ox King
Devilman
Ninja Murasaki
Mr. Popo
Bulma
Launch
Commander Red
King Kai
Chi-Chi
General Blue
Bandages the Mummy
Fortuneteller Baba
Emperor Pilaf
Master Roshi
King Vegeta
Mutaito
GT Vegeta
Chiaotzu
Fasha
Magetta
King Cold
Salza
Neiz
Dore
Mecha Frieza
Bido
Zangya
Bujin
Kogu
Android 15
Android 14
Super Android 13
Paragus
Angol
Great Priest
Future Mai
Yajirobe
Zen-Oh
Kakunsa
Rozie

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:42 pm

ShadowVezon wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:30 pm Dr. Gero
Android 19
Supreme Kai
Master Roshi
GT Vegeta
Chiaotzu
King Cold
Mecha Frieza
Super Android 13
I can definitely see a number of the above making it in, although GT Vegeta will probably be a free costume rather than his own separate character.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:20 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:23 pm I wonder if anyone has made an list of what characters have complete costumes but are not in the game? It would make sense that those characters would be easier include. Right?
Not really, no. The costumes are made to fit the CaCs, not new character models.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:35 pm

I hate to burst the bubble but every time they give a season for a release date they mean the end of the season. Spring most likely means May or June. So 5 or 6 months from now.

Not once in the past, I want to say 5 DLC releases or so, have they not dragged it out to the very limit of when they can drag out the DLC releases.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:38 am

I'm surprise that Garlic Jr and Hatchiyack have not been added yet to the game.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:50 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:35 pm

I hate to burst the bubble but every time they give a season for a release date they mean the end of the season. Spring most likely means May or June. So 5 or 6 months from now.

Not once in the past, I want to say 5 DLC releases or so, have they not dragged it out to the very limit of when they can drag out the DLC releases.
You are probably right.
I only need an announcement for XV3 ...

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:47 pm

dualist wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm
dualist wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pmI don't think XV3 is about the number of characters, at least I hope not. It needs to be about a complete revamp in game play and a massive leap from XV2. With so much focus on online play and raids, they need to improve the story mode, maybe include Heroes content since it all came from DBO anyway, and make the story mode coop as well. I think with a game out like FighterZ that got a ton of respect in the fighting game world, XV needs to shift its focus a bit towards open world style co op gameplay with PvP being more secondary.

I appreciate the updates and don't want to complain about a company providing updates to a game for 4+ years. We should be greaful for that! But the game needs to be better. Seeing how support characters function in Kakarot made the cpu in XV look worse than ever.

If XV3 is to come, I'm hoping for a vast improvement and not just new characters

This game is supposed to be about your character saving history, but it just feels like a rehash of the DBZ story with minor changes
Well, yeah. There are things more important than characters. But I'm thinking of this from a marketing standpoint. It's easier to get people pumped for a new character than for revamped gameplay mechanics. The latter is more naunced, whereas a character is instantly understood. If XV3 is announced, and they show off Wrathful form Broly or something, that will instantly get people hyped.
That's true, the popular characters will get the attention. But this is also game heavily influenced on creation. When it's all said and done, I just want a game that's as close to DBO as possible. Lol
That is what I wanted from XV from start as I played DBO on Taiwanese servers, but so far, XV and sequel combined didn't even scratched the barrel of DBO's story.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Yeah, it's about time for XENOVERSE 3. Five years is more than enough to be stuck with the same game.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:47 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Well, yeah. There are things more important than characters. But I'm thinking of this from a marketing standpoint. It's easier to get people pumped for a new character than for revamped gameplay mechanics. The latter is more naunced, whereas a character is instantly understood. If XV3 is announced, and they show off Wrathful form Broly or something, that will instantly get people hyped.
That's true, the popular characters will get the attention. But this is also game heavily influenced on creation. When it's all said and done, I just want a game that's as close to DBO as possible. Lol
That is what I wanted from XV from start as I played DBO on Taiwanese servers, but so far, XV and sequel combined didn't even scratched the barrel of DBO's story.
Not even close! The DBO lore was excellent and I love how it extended the story. XV is just a rehash of the original story with slight changes.

By the way, if there are two good DBO projects available right now if you're interested.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:58 pm

I bought Xenoverse 2 for the Switch and I thought the Switch version has all of the content unlock? Most of the stuff is not even lock from the start of the game.
She/Her

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:58 pm I bought Xenoverse 2 for the Switch and I thought the Switch version has all of the content unlock? Most of the stuff is not even lock from the start of the game.
Why would the Switch version of the game have the content unlocked from the start? It's not Mario Kart 8. That makes no sense.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:05 pm

dualist wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 pm

Not even close! The DBO lore was excellent and I love how it extended the story. XV is just a rehash of the original story with slight changes.

By the way, if there are two good DBO projects available right now if you're interested.
And the time machine missions were actually fun and had some story, not like “beat the villain or the heroes, because they are more powerful than they are supposed to”.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:19 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:05 pm
dualist wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 pm

And the time machine missions were actually fun and had some story, not like “beat the villain or the heroes, because they are more powerful than they are supposed to”.
Actually that could have been interesting if Xenoverse did it right.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Well hopefully if we get XV3, which I think we will, they'll deviate more from the traditional story. I loved the idea someone had a while back by having the game be about Time Patrollers vs. Time Breakers and you choose your side when you start the game. Missions, PQs, and the story mode would be slightly different depending on what side you choose.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Fable

Post by Fable » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Considering how insistent Bandai is to keep this game alive via DLC updates, I doubt we'll get a sequel anytime soon.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm worried that they'll just waste their 2021 game on a next gen port of Xenoverse 2.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:51 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:58 pm I bought Xenoverse 2 for the Switch and I thought the Switch version has all of the content unlock? Most of the stuff is not even lock from the start of the game.
Why would the Switch version of the game have the content unlocked from the start? It's not Mario Kart 8. That makes no sense.
I thought it came with all of the DLC from the start because I remember reading about it when it came out in 2017? I was wrong and you can buy the Legend Patrol with all of the stroy content complete. However, nothing is working for me when I downloaded it.
She/Her

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:16 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:51 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:23 am
I thought it came with all of the DLC from the start because I remember reading about it when it came out in 2017? I was wrong and you can buy the Legend Patrol with all of the stroy content complete. However, nothing is working for me when I downloaded it.
I believe it came with all of the DLC that were out by the game's release, but any DLC after that were not given for free. You may need to play the game up until a certain point to access some of that content.