"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4981
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 am

What is the bit in the down left corner with Fu holding the crystal on the screenshot about?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Matches Malone
Banned
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:41 am

MCDaveG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 am
What is the bit in the down left corner with Fu holding the crystal on the screenshot about?
I think a cutscene that will be part of some mission.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4981
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:41 am
MCDaveG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 am
What is the bit in the down left corner with Fu holding the crystal on the screenshot about?
I think a cutscene that will be part of some mission.
I have actually enjoyed the Fu Missions they added in, even tough I never completed them on 100% as it is a chore with all the character branches to play trough the same mission again and again. But if they will toss in something simmilar, I may be in the business of buying the DLCs again :lol:

Even tough I missed Demigra in the sequel, the story mode is what makes the game fun for me :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1683
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 am

Ah how annoying we get a dumb anime only form as a new character.

Still waiting on Chaozu, 21, missing cell/freeza/buu forms, gero and 19 before this guy.
Any heroes content would have been better too.
I guess they wanna keep heroes seperate or do it all in one chunk like most of the ToP, (Toppo makes some sense because we already have Jiren)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
YuseiFudou
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:23 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:25 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 am
What is the bit in the down left corner with Fu holding the crystal on the screenshot about?
Most likely is a cutscene that has something to do with Crystal raids since he's holding the Crystal for it.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6168
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:49 pm

YuseiFudou wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:25 pm
MCDaveG wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 am
What is the bit in the down left corner with Fu holding the crystal on the screenshot about?
Most likely is a cutscene that has something to do with Crystal raids since he's holding the Crystal for it.
I think the page mentions Toppo being the boss of a new Extreme Mission.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Bardock God of Time
Newbie
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 am

I don't know if anyone noticed but the rocks behind Fu in the scan look like the Tournament of Power stage rocks, I think he's at the Tournament of Power stage. And I think the pillar is behind him too :think:

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7724
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:54 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:47 pm
If we go by more 3D and a bit less anime-style characters, i think Ultimate Tenkaichi is the best looking game. I prefer it over Kakarot honestly. Although Oozaru Baby's fur looks silly.
Image

My thoughts exactly.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Matches Malone
Banned
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am

From DBShype:

DB XV2 DLC Pack 12 will be released in Spring. TOP & Other World Saga confirmed.

Fu appears again!
Pikkon & Janemba from Other World saga! Toppo (G.O.D mode) from TOP saga

There'll be Fu Costume.
New Loadscreen illustrations also coming with DLC.

A New campaign where players can consult on Trunks' worries about deciding which new warrior will join by voting. The options are: UI Sign Goku, Belgamo, & Dyspo.

User avatar
shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:56 am

How frequently are new characters announced?

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6717
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am
From DBShype:

DB XV2 DLC Pack 12 will be released in Spring. TOP & Other World Saga confirmed.

Fu appears again!
Pikkon & Janemba from Other World saga! Toppo (G.O.D mode) from TOP saga

There'll be Fu Costume.
New Loadscreen illustrations also coming with DLC.

A New campaign where players can consult on Trunks' worries about deciding
which new warrior will join by voting. The options are: UI Sign Goku, Belgamo, & Dyspo.
I haven't been keeping up, but does this mean that Xenoverse 2 has most of Super's story covered?

Matches Malone
Banned
Posts: 3308
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am

sangofe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am
I haven't been keeping up, but does this mean that Xenoverse 2 has most of Super's story covered?
Generally speaking, Both Super and GT are covered in Xenoverse 2. At this point all that's left are a few missing Z and movie characters.

User avatar
Gt91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:50 am

shadd21 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:56 am
How frequently are new characters announced?
Usually, every month with the V-JUMP.

About the leaks, i like Bergamo and Dyspo.
Do we really need UI SIGN? Just create an alternate slot for UI Goku.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6717
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:00 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am
sangofe wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am
I haven't been keeping up, but does this mean that Xenoverse 2 has most of Super's story covered?
Generally speaking, Both Super and GT are covered in Xenoverse 2. At this point all that's left are a few missing Z and movie characters.
I wonder why no video game has had general Rild from GT yet... I liked that planet M2 saga so much!

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:34 pm

I better not see anybody vote Goku. I've seen years of complaints from the fandom about how DB game rosters have too many Gokus, but it seems that they're a bunch of hypocrites if twitter is any indication. Like goddamn, I've been waiting for Dyspo for years and they have to lump in him in a poll with Goku?

Poor bastard's never gonna win...

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

What is Other World saga suppose to be? the filler arc after Cell? or Movie 12?

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm
What is Other World saga suppose to be? the filler arc after Cell? or Movie 12?
Yeah, which makes sense since Pikkon is gonna be playable. Though, I wonder if this means we'll get the Other World tournament stage as a map.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6168
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:34 pm
I better not see anybody vote Goku. I've seen years of complaints from the fandom about how DB game rosters have too many Gokus, but it seems that they're a bunch of hypocrites if twitter is any indication. Like goddamn, I've been waiting for Dyspo for years and they have to lump in him in a poll with Goku?

Poor bastard's never gonna win...
Are we sure it is a 'Vote for the next DLC character' sorta deal? From the way the translations of Ryokuyuta's post (which are usually vague and a bit misleading anyway) are worded, it sounds like there's room for interpretation. Also, the characters mentioned ends in 'ect.', implying there's more than those three.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6168
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 am

Image
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6622
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:53 am

If that's GT Vegeta, people better vote for him. And Dimps better make him playable as base, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 (don't know if he actually uses the latter form in the series, but it doesn't matter!).

So excited for more Fu! Hopefully Dimps continues to treat him as a neutral character, not as a villain.

Post Reply