"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zelvin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 am

Shintoki wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 pm Xenoverse 3 is one of the most hyped game ever, but that's kinda also a curse. cuz now there are a LOT OF EXPECTATIONS and disappointment will bring bad PR to bandai. so i feel like bandai are kinda dragging their feats about it to see whether they will to make it or not

xenoverse 2 downside for me is its graphical look not being updated even by a little via filters or something alike, and the characters menu being a downgrade from earlier games, ~~at least bring back mr satan~~ :)
At this point I don't even feel XV3 is hyped at all. I get the feeling the community has become more apathetic towards it. Which is the death knell for most franchises.XV2 has a lot of faults. Much of it stems from the gameplay itself being rather dull and it's easy to get bored. The RNG, the TP medal system, the stagnant drip feed of content being done to forcefully keep interest in it. They need to just let it die and move on.

And now we have articles of Bandai-Namco censoring fanservice content. So, expect character outfits and generators going forward to be even less enjoyable to look at.
The S wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 am So who's the next "weaker version of a character already in the game"?
Right now we're getting SS2 Caulifla, officially. And I say "officially" because Fan Modders have already had her, and Kale, in the game for a long time now. Frankly the modding community has done more work adding content to the game than Bandai Namco has since the games launch.

Plus the trailer has Fu weakening Gogeta during the DBS Broly fight. Which would, logically, result in Gogeta getting instantly murdered. And then SS2 Caulifla shows up and we're supposed to believe she could content with FPSSJ Broly. It would've made more sense to have Caulifla and Kale appear earlier as separate characters and then do a Kefla reveal here at this point and have Kefla fight DBS Broly. This is such painful and pathetic pandering.

Honestly it makes me want to see them fail at this point.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am

It is kinda odd to pamper the Broly movie almost 4 years after it was released, when we got the main stars years ago. Currently, the fans have their heads around Hearts, SS3 Black, Cumber, Moro, 7-3, Granola... why are we still revisiting the movie?

If somebody is showing up from that movie, should be the other, more interesting forms of Broly, who happens to be coming back for the new movie, not the other forms of Gogeta not even the movie chose to use, Jesus.
Base Gogeta is on screen for like 25 seconds deflecting ki blasts and running away, he spends more time talking about his name than fighting.

Now would be the time to include FP Jiren or Sign Goku to entertain FP Broly, not fucking SS2 Caulifla.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:24 pm

That Bardock tease makes me think we'll see Super Saiyan God Bardock as the 4th Playable character

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:54 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 am
The S wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 am So who's the next "weaker version of a character already in the game"?
Right now we're getting SS2 Caulifla, officially. And I say "officially" because Fan Modders have already had her, and Kale, in the game for a long time now. Frankly the modding community has done more work adding content to the game than Bandai Namco has since the games launch.

Plus the trailer has Fu weakening Gogeta during the DBS Broly fight. Which would, logically, result in Gogeta getting instantly murdered. And then SS2 Caulifla shows up and we're supposed to believe she could content with FPSSJ Broly. It would've made more sense to have Caulifla and Kale appear earlier as separate characters and then do a Kefla reveal here at this point and have Kefla fight DBS Broly. This is such painful and pathetic pandering.

Honestly it makes me want to see them fail at this point.
By "next" I meant after Caulifa
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:54 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:24 pm That Bardock tease makes me think we'll see Super Saiyan God Bardock as the 4th Playable character
I'd like to see a ss4 transformation as well :D

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 am

I doubt they will fully explore the consecuences of a timeline where Bardock kills Frieza but we will see. I guess they are just completely ignoring the TB Bardock of the Base gane then?
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am It is kinda odd to pamper the Broly movie almost 4 years after it was released, when we got the main stars years ago. Currently, the fans have their heads around Hearts, SS3 Black, Cumber, Moro, 7-3, Granola... why are we still revisiting the movie?

If somebody is showing up from that movie, should be the other, more interesting forms of Broly, who happens to be coming back for the new movie, not the other forms of Gogeta not even the movie chose to use, Jesus.
Base Gogeta is on screen for like 25 seconds deflecting ki blasts and running away, he spends more time talking about his name than fighting.

Now would be the time to include FP Jiren or Sign Goku to entertain FP Broly, not fucking SS2 Caulifla.
I'm just speechless at how they decided to ignore having a FP Jiren vs Broly match when the former is on the very same DLC pack this stuff is happening. Power levels aside Caulifla is just so random. Kale or even Z Broly would have been more interesting scenarios.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:51 am

Zelvin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 am Plus the trailer has Fu weakening Gogeta during the DBS Broly fight. Which would, logically, result in Gogeta getting instantly murdered. And then SS2 Caulifla shows up and we're supposed to believe she could content with FPSSJ Broly.
I'm afraid a certain number of fans will take this as an official statement that SS2 Caulifla is at least as strong as Full Power SS Broly and SSB Gogeta, whether to marvel at her or to bitch about power level coherence.
Some people just take what happens in games or in the Heroes anime and opening credits as official, logical confirmations.

They'll be more than willing to say that Caulifla is "officially" the strongest character so far as she is "officially" able to fight Full Power Broly as a Super Saiyan 2 with as much efficiency as a SSB Gogeta and it has been "proven" by the game.
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:49 am It is kinda odd to pamper the Broly movie almost 4 years after it was released, when we got the main stars years ago. Currently, the fans have their heads around Hearts, SS3 Black, Cumber, Moro, 7-3, Granola... why are we still revisiting the movie?
It seems Bandai Namco will never adapt characters that are not yet shown in anime form, which nullifies all chances of seing Moro, Seven-Three or Granola for the time being. It's even possible that they are contractually unable to show characters that have not been adapted into anime form yet, or they simply don't want to be in charge of giving them a voice actor (but that wouldn't explain their absence from Dokkan Battle, a game with no voice needed), or maybe they think "if it's not available in anime form, it can't be at the peak of its popularity yet, and we won't get the most of it...".
Whether it's their choice or that they are forbidden to do so, they never use characters that don't exist in anime form yet.

As for Heroes, they are probably not entirely closed to the idea since some concepts and characters from Xenoverse are directly taken from Heroes, but they are probably very reluctant to take a new step in that direction everytime.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:18 pm

Shintoki wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 pm Xenoverse 3 is one of the most hyped game ever, but that's kinda also a curse. cuz now there are a LOT OF EXPECTATIONS and disappointment will bring bad PR to bandai. so i feel like bandai are kinda dragging their feats about it to see whether they will to make it or not

xenoverse 2 downside for me is its graphical look not being updated even by a little via filters or something alike, and the characters menu being a downgrade from earlier games, ~~at least bring back mr satan~~ :)
It's like the Raging Blast 3 movement back in the day and still allive druing the release of XV1 as people were complaining on Bandai FB page.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Finally got around to playing this game after completing the first one when it first game out. Kinda disappointed in the story compared to the first game. I also played on the Switch so unfortunately I wasn't able to use my original CaC.

Thoughts on the DLC from a story standpoint? Is it worth it?

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 pm Thoughts on the DLC from a story standpoint? Is it worth it?
No. Especially not on console. Been saying a long time now, if you really wanted it, best to get it on PC. Probably wait for steam sales too.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 pm Finally got around to playing this game after completing the first one when it first game out. Kinda disappointed in the story compared to the first game. I also played on the Switch so unfortunately I wasn't able to use my original CaC.

Most of the DLC is...kinda meh until you get to the Fu DLC. THAT shit is legitimately good. Best content of either game thus far.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 pmThoughts on the DLC from a story standpoint? Is it worth it?
If you're a Piccolo fan (or even if you aren't, like me), you may want to get the Universe 6 DLC. As that one gives Piccolo his most deserved time to shine (even if half of it is off-screen), something Dragon Ball Super wasn't capable of.

Definitely need to get your hands on the Future Trunks saga DLC/story, very much worth it. XV2 presents the best version of it, hands down.

Get everything related to Fu (that naturally includes future DLCs that will feature him).

And speaking of future DLCs, hyped for the next one. They disappointed me with Caulifla not transforming but here they come with Bardock content for me! I don't know what to expect, but eh... It's Bardock. :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13 pm

Yuji wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 pm Finally got around to playing this game after completing the first one when it first game out. Kinda disappointed in the story compared to the first game. I also played on the Switch so unfortunately I wasn't able to use my original CaC.

Not a fan, personally. I think the Zamasu and Universe 6 DLCs did handle some things better than the anime, like Future Trunks' sword of hope and that aforementioned Piccolo scene, but the stories were still not that exciting. It did look like things were starting to get better with DLC 6 so I was hanging on to see when their next plot-driven update was (the last DLC) and it disappointed me. Either they were saving something big for this upcoming DLC or Infinite History was just a fluke.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:58 pm

I'm not sure what XV3 can add besides the other angels and gods of destruction? Moro, 7-3, Granolah, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and Gamma 1-2 will probably be DLC for XV3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:58 pm I'm not sure what XV3 can add besides the other angels and gods of destruction? Moro, 7-3, Granolah, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and Gamma 1-2 will probably be DLC for XV3.
Wrath&SS Broly, base Toppo&Dyspo, classic DB characters, maybe try making Oozaru & Giants playable.
Also all kinds of Heroes what-ifs. I'm surprised characters like Vegeta SS3 or adult Gotenks aren't in this game yet.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:46 pm

Ohzaru Vegeta Baby should've definitely been playable a long time ago.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:59 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:58 pm I'm not sure what XV3 can add besides the other angels and gods of destruction? Moro, 7-3, Granolah, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and Gamma 1-2 will probably be DLC for XV3.
Check out my Xenoverse 3 Wishlist thread. There's a ton that could be added and so many fixes and upgrades to the system itself. We're not gonna get any of that if they ever actually make a XV3. And personally, the DBS Manga post-ToP has been absolutely terrible overall. Adding them in would just be a downgrade.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 am

Definitely a better gameplay for me.
I would love if the roster was more balanced for other game modes outside of using the CAC and story mode.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:23 pm

XV3 needs to add a create a story mode feature. You can make your what if stories with added dailgoue and share them to other people. Someone can make their own story with Mr. Satan defeating Jiren if they want too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 pm

I hope Xenoverse 3 doesn't shy away from Heroes like the first two games did. They don't even have to adapt the story, I would love it if they just took a large handful of must-have characters like SS4 Vegito and that new Goku black form and made a new story out of it. I find it very odd that Xenoverse has been out for like 5 years now and the only thing they've done is give Bardock Super Saiyan 2 and 3 and that admittedly cool combo attack between Goku and Future-Gohan
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time