"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:43 pm I have been playing the game again after not touching it for months. I still haven't gotten all the DLC yet (I will wait for it to be on sale on the eShop). I do hate how stupid the AI is and how terrible the camera is. 5 years later and they still haven't fixed these issues.
I can't believe the allies never help, they are just there to interrumpt your comboes and NOT help when you need them to. I can't count how many times I managed to land Power Rush and then some fucker kicks the enemy far away and just ruin everything.

When people say "I don't know what they could give us for XV3 besides new characters" I just have to say to myself: these people never played this game. Because the AI is just sooooo bad, I can't believe it was developed in 2016 and not in 1993.

I thought maybe the new characters could be programmed in a way to bypass the silly programming of 2016 when the game came out, but no... Kale is just as useless as Dodoria in that regard.
Yeah, the same thing typically happens when playing online. The gameplay lends itself to total chaos. Players don't take turns, like the characters do in the anime. lol

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:07 pm

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this glitch, but has anyone else done the Kaioken Kamehameha on someone who's doing a super attack that gives them super armor & the Kamehameha just disappears or doesn't show up? Because that happens to me ALL THE TIME!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 am

What other stories do they have left to adapt for the game that are not from the Super manga? I guess they could do Trunks fight with Dabra and Babidi next.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:05 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 am What other stories do they have left to adapt for the game that are not from the Super manga? I guess they could do Trunks fight with Dabra and Babidi next.
You know, it's odd. When it comes to the Saiyan arc, it's very thorough. You've got all the major characters and events represented, even the Saibamen. They cut Chiaotzu and Yajirobe out of the story, though. In the Frieza arc, they skipped some things, but most of the major stuff was kept. They skipped Frieza's middle forms, though, and Nail is nowhere to be seen. But then they skip Mecha Frieza, Android 19 & 20, Android 16, Cell's first and second forms, and almost the entire Buu saga. Shin, Kabito, Babidi, Dabura, most of Buu's forms, almost all of it was glossed over.

What do they have left to adapt? The majority of Z. lol

I know, they added some characters that were missing before, but their part in the Dragon Ball canon is still not represented. If they're going to do the typical reliving Dragon Ball Z history thing again, they could at least do it right. With how uneven it is, it looks like they gave up 1/3rd of the way and just rushed through the rest.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:11 pm

All that said; this latest update/DLC combo has actually been quite good. Even the "new" Gogeta was good. The Super Souls make for interesting builds (and make Blue and Blue Evolution viable), and out right replace others. And SSG give a huge boost to basic attacks, no Ki cost to maintain it, but the Super and Ultimate attacks aren't boosted (fixable with the right Super Soul).

Now, if they could just do something with the other races...

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:17 pm

I find it really difficult to use the various dodging and stamina saving combos with the xbox controller. I feel like my hands are too clumsy for it. I've been told I use too much stamina. When I try to improve fighting against the AI I often win it never puts up as much of a fight as other players do.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:50 pm

I just realized something.

With the Breakers game being developed by dimps...

could we see 2nd Form Cell, Frieza and 3rd Form Frieza as DLC? They got the character models...they just have to dip them in oil

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 am What other stories do they have left to adapt for the game that are not from the Super manga? I guess they could do Trunks fight with Dabra and Babidi next.
Dragonball heroes arcs would be perfect.

I'd love to play through stuff like cell X in a xenoverse style gameplay with cutscenes explaining it ect...

When I played heroes on switch and kept watching videos On YouTube years ago I love all the what ifs , new characters ect .. and would love to experience them in a xenoverse style way plus the roster would be crazy with all the what is transformations like golden cooler ssj4 Gohan ect ...

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:34 am

I mean seriously some skills and clothes from PQ are so low, you can fight 100 times that PQ yet not get it. Why in the world did Namco Bandai we like it and not get bored of the game.

Also the AI partner they don't transform or use their ultimate and PQ that requires them to be 50% hp they go to the enemy get their HP below 50%. Imagine doing that over 100 times, that is boring.

Namco Bandai terrible RNG and terrible AI partner ruins the game, especially the new DLC PQ.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:20 pm

super michael wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:34 am I mean seriously some skills and clothes from PQ are so low, you can fight 100 times that PQ yet not get it. Why in the world did Namco Bandai we like it and not get bored of the game.

Also the AI partner they don't transform or use their ultimate and PQ that requires them to be 50% hp they go to the enemy get their HP below 50%. Imagine doing that over 100 times, that is boring.

Namco Bandai terrible RNG and terrible AI partner ruins the game, especially the new DLC PQ.
Yeah, the second part has been an issue since the first game, along with your "allies" knocking your enemies OUT of combos and ultimates. Though there is that one ultimate that heals you and your allies. Plus its recommended to have 1 or 2 CACs with you on those missions to help out with the aggro.

As for the other; yeah. RNG is a pain in the ass. Though I got most of the new drops within a couple of play throughs. It was Jiren's new Super Soul that took the longest. Meanwhile, there have been players that got everything in one or two playthroughs on the PQs.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Everything pre-Raditz for one.
I for one think it would be quite interesting to see early villains imbued with later series levels of power and you having to help Goku not be utterly vaporized, lol.
If we ever get a Xenoverse 3 though my preferred idea is still starting from the beginning for the story and have it so your CAC actually starts out a that level of power, even actually learning to fly in the story as apposed to XV2's flying license.

Also, there's a lot of untapped potential for missing Z and GT segments. Most of the android arc is missing tbh, as is a good portion of early Boo arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

DLC Predictions for next year:

End of Z Pan
Gamma 1 & 2
Bergamo
Dsypo
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:40 am

How often does Xenoverse 2 go on sale for Steam? I just got a gaming laptop and wanted to try out mods

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 am

So how is the DLC overall? Shall I buy it for fun or just because I am the poor soul that bought all the content in Xenoverse 2 since it's hype days during the Super run and now I just have the classic FOMO of not having all the content :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:57 pm

It's pretty good as far as XV2 DLC goes, but I'd still say wait for a Sale, you might to pay attention to the Raid Schedule to get certain stuff, but it's just not worth worrying about.

I'm going to do my best to ignore the next DLC run, unless they add Tiencha.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 am So how is the DLC overall? Shall I buy it for fun or just because I am the poor soul that bought all the content in Xenoverse 2 since it's hype days during the Super run and now I just have the classic FOMO of not having all the content :lol:
Waiting for it to go on sale isn't a "bad" idea, but with Raids, you never know when special items will come up again. Like the TP shop dropped a Frieza super soul where you begin with all attack with a small boost, then after a short time, it turns into a large boost.

What's more, the overall DLC isn't bad at all. Even a little bit of story was added. Also, you get customized Jiren and Full Powered Jiren (gets his own abilities and combos, and just plain OP).

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 am
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:52 am So how is the DLC overall? Shall I buy it for fun or just because I am the poor soul that bought all the content in Xenoverse 2 since it's hype days during the Super run and now I just have the classic FOMO of not having all the content :lol:
Waiting for it to go on sale isn't a "bad" idea, but with Raids, you never know when special items will come up again. Like the TP shop dropped a Frieza super soul where you begin with all attack with a small boost, then after a short time, it turns into a large boost.

What's more, the overall DLC isn't bad at all. Even a little bit of story was added. Also, you get customized Jiren and Full Powered Jiren (gets his own abilities and combos, and just plain OP).
The story was my favourite part of the last dlc.

However I love the new mechanics some characters have like for example gogeta can chain combo transform and continue combo in one fluid action (I wish my CAC could do that lol)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:22 pm

SSJmole wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:17 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:45 am

The story was my favourite part of the last dlc.

However I love the new mechanics some characters have like for example gogeta can chain combo transform and continue combo in one fluid action (I wish my CAC could do that lol)
OK, I will go for it. That Gogeta sounds interesting. Pitty, that they won't revamp the whole gameplay.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Well I did the thing I didn't want to do...I bought the DLC. I won't defend it. All I can say is the Holiday Deal made it less painful. Aside from the Music Packs for XV2, all the major stuff plus the base game came up to like $60. Which they should've just bundled together instead of making me pick every item individually. And this time I got it all on Steam along with XV1 and all the XV1 packs. All told I spent like $73 on everything with tax.

I may not be as excited to go through everything again, but I will say I can finally make use of all the Xenoverse mods I've been praising. So I won't say it was an unwise investment. In the future though, I don't see myself picking up any DLC coming in 2022 and later. Not for a long, long time. I work full time as it is and I have scores of games lining my shelves. So even just focusing on the 1st game will consume a great deal of time. And I'm fine with that. The only thing I really hope for is an update that lets me make more than 8 CaC's. I'm so tired of not being able to have more than that.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:02 pm

So, didn’t bought the DLC but ended up with DBH World Mission on my PC for music and design as it had 80% discount :lol: . It’s story is unbelievably stupid, for sure it’s for kids, but I like the tons of characters and super easy to chill fighting (just hitting gauges).

Will wait for the XV2 Dlc on discount.