"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:05 am

OK, I did it :lol:

I think that Jiren is actually kinda cool with the Wall attack, for PQs and whatsoever.
Is it just me or are the models for Cale and Kefla looking so weird!
That new Gogeta could have been just a Movie 12 Gogeta with pallete/costume swap in my opinion and have no idea, what is so cool about him, besides him being there because of story mode, which is basically a reason for most of the characters in the game having spot on the roster and many of their variants, like Goku's for example, being virtually unplayable for other modes.

Always up for new characters, but this random hotch-potch roster with no option to order it in menu makes me kinda frustrated,
with some character forms still missing and AI being really crap for Versus and PQs to really enjoy the characters.
Even in the story, Gogeta doesn't transform to SSJ during gameplay!!!

Also, is the poll going anywhere? I have missed some voting options thanks to the time limit, but I have noticed, that the character poll for example is the same as before! With the GT Vegeta still marked as I did before.
As the last DLC came with different content than in the poll, I wonder if it will lead to something at all.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:32 pm

Someone finally made a mod that imports the DBL models. It looks kind of weird, I have to admit, because of the lack of expressions and the textures/shading don't mesh well with the background (most of XV's shading mods are like that, though).
https://youtu.be/SpDC7zwWFGY?t=421
This is apparently in beta right now, but I hope it gets completed because I plan to use it if 3 comes out and they haven't redone the original models.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:01 am

I copped Xenoverse 2 because it was on sale on Steam.

Any mod recommendations?

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is a great game, but what ruins it is the awful drop rate in getting skills, clothes and techniques. The DLC PQ are just awful when it comes to keeping the AI partner 50% health, while they do stupid things and get hit by the opponent without doing anything.
I know there is a technique to heal, but it is annoying.
I did some PQ over 100 and didn't get the skill at all.

Who ever thought making a game with awful drop rate and awful AI partner was great should get fired. Infact thanks to those things I quit the game and didn't bother getting the other DLC.

I hope if a new 3D Dragon Ball fighting gets made, I hope there is no drop rate and it is guarantee by completing or getting the highest rank.

It is too bad that Spike doesn't make 3D Dragon Ball anymore for console and PC. Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 were great.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:27 pm

If you play on PC, drop rate is not an issue whatsoever (in fact, many things become accessible). You may want to reconsider if that's where you play.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:06 am

Grimlock wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:27 pm If you play on PC, drop rate is not an issue whatsoever (in fact, many things become accessible). You may want to reconsider if that's where you play.
I have Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on my PC and the drop rate is awful, I am aware there are mods for that but my concern is getting banned. I bought Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on Steam, don't want to risk getting a VAC ban which are permanent.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:41 pm

Only if you battle other players with infinite Health, Ki and do some idiotic things in the online mode, other than those, I don't think anyone cares at this point. You're "allowed" to have QQ Bang with all stats at max, since that actually doesn't affect the way you play, if you're bad at the game, you'll lose to your opponent regardless of the level of your QQ Bang.

If you don't do online battles, then there's nothing to worry about.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:58 pm

So in a few hours we're going to learn what votes won. Obviously Omen Goku won but I wonder if we'll get a DLC teaser

I doubt we'll get Super Hero DLC because that movie was delayed. I'm betting the next DLC will be the other Hero Vote content that didn't win.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:18 pm

Ultra Instinct -Sign- is coming.

I just hope Ultra Instinct -Sign- becomes available for Time Patrollers too. I'm tired of using Kaio-Ken for my Earthling Time Patroller.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am

Ugh, another version of a character where the stronger version is already in the game. Why was this necessary? Who thought, "nah, I don't want a new unique character, I want another fucking Goku??" :crazy:
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:06 am

super michael wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:19 pm Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is a great game, but what ruins it is the awful drop rate in getting skills, clothes and techniques. The DLC PQ are just awful when it comes to keeping the AI partner 50% health, while they do stupid things and get hit by the opponent without doing anything.
I know there is a technique to heal, but it is annoying.
I did some PQ over 100 and didn't get the skill at all.

Who ever thought making a game with awful drop rate and awful AI partner was great should get fired. Infact thanks to those things I quit the game and didn't bother getting the other DLC.

I hope if a new 3D Dragon Ball fighting gets made, I hope there is no drop rate and it is guarantee by completing or getting the highest rank.

It is too bad that Spike doesn't make 3D Dragon Ball anymore for console and PC. Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3 were great.
Spike has fallen out of favor after Jump Force and other terrible titles they've released after BT series which i see as their prime. Put Byking or VSTG Project (dudes that do the gundam vs. games) to work on Xenoverse 3 or w/e 3d db game.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:30 am

The S wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am Ugh, another version of a character where the stronger version is already in the game. Why was this necessary? Who thought, "nah, I don't want a new unique character, I want another fucking Goku??" :crazy:
While I completely agree, this time it was players themselves who voted for him. Not that I think most of the choices weren't unnecesary by themselves, but still.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:29 am

MisteryOne wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:30 am
The S wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:56 am Ugh, another version of a character where the stronger version is already in the game. Why was this necessary? Who thought, "nah, I don't want a new unique character, I want another fucking Goku??" :crazy:
While I completely agree, this time it was players themselves who voted for him. Not that I think most of the choices weren't unnecesary by themselves, but still.
Yeah the players suck and shouldn't get a say in anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgcqB8-AxE
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:03 am

MisteryOne wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:30 am
That's the part that's most disappointing
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:24 am

- DLC in summer
- 2d most voted character as well (maybe more)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPTkDQ0td-w

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:03 am

bruh, can we talk about the Supreme Kai of Time's ears....why are they so big :lol:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:19 pm

So, from the ToP the only missing big characters are Pride Trooper Toppo, Dyspo and who else? Aniraza?

Couldn't they add Shirtless, gloveless SSBE Vegeta and sustained KKx20 Goku with some new skins on their existing slots?

edit: from Z we are still missing Super Trunks, Buutenks, Big Lips Imperfect Cell, 2nd and 3rd form Freeza.

From GT, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, General Rilldo, Coat Android 17 and short-haired, one boob-exposed 18.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:27 pm

Wow, another Goku!

Even tho I voted for GT Vegeta as my fan favorite since being a kid (and had to wait for Infinite World to get him), I was probably in minority and kinda felt he won’t get much votes.

But man, this sucks… This form is fun in Legends, but we already have Ultra Instinct Goku and ton of half assed characters that came out as promo (looking at Broly Super, Gogeta Super and first Jiren).
Getting Bergamo and some other ToP character and last story dlc of XV covering the ToP with it’s own cheap twist would have been nice ending to the game.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm

I have a gut feeling the only reason people voted for Omen Goku was because they thought he'd probably come with an Omen awakening (which most definitely won't be the case), I've seen many people say this exact infuriating reason.

Still though, Trunks and Chronoa's final words did hint to at least a glimmer of hope for 2nd place probably. Since Goku is gonna be free, I'm guessing 2nd place will possibly be paid DLC, most likely paired with Semiperfect Cell since he was supposedly datamined a while back.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:03 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:04 pm I have a gut feeling the only reason people voted for Omen Goku was because they thought he'd probably come with an Omen awakening (which most definitely won't be the case), I've seen many people say this exact infuriating reason.

Still though, Trunks and Chronoa's final words did hint to at least a glimmer of hope for 2nd place probably. Since Goku is gonna be free, I'm guessing 2nd place will possibly be paid DLC, most likely paired with Semiperfect Cell since he was supposedly datamined a while back.
Yeah… people expecting stupid mechanics that obviously won’t happen based on the evidence of past characters :lol:

I tend to think that people really are generally mostly stupid or naive to believe in a good faith.

It’s like me expecting that Vegeta to come in with turn off/turn on mustache.