"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Yuji » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:50 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 pm
Yuji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:34 pmI mean they have a power scaling problem with CaC1 and 2 both being op.
They could establish early on that the two previous CaC died somehow.
Which means the new character has to get stronger than both of them put together and then the dude who killed them... Same problem imo.
They could go the heart virus route :lol:

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm

RashFaustinho wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:16 am Mascots are the epitome of useless, because they get rid of your veichle. I much rather keep my fast Mercenary Tao Pillar rather than having a mini-Veku that follows my charatacer and has no practical utility.

As for the color change feature on normal characters, it is not that well made. Just look at 16, no matter how many colors you change, he will still have green parts in his armor.
The CAC can change colors to its clothes, it's just that only a small percentage of clothing allow this.
I’d much rather fly around the city. Lol.

The priorities just seem so bizarre to me. For a game focused on customization, being able to change the color on all of the clothes you earn just seems like it should be at the top of the list for how obvious it is. I like the original clothes you can change, but I wanna have Bardock’s armor in whatever color I want. It can’t possibly be that difficult to implement after two installments can it? But yeah I tried some of the color changes on the mentors just to get an idea of what I think would look good on my CC in a potential sequel. I really don’t have any interest in using it for anything other than that.

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Yuji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:50 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 pm
Yuji wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 pm

They could establish early on that the two previous CaC died somehow.
Which means the new character has to get stronger than both of them put together and then the dude who killed them... Same problem imo.
They could go the heart virus route :lol:
Honestly if they don’t acknowledge the previous CaC’s I’d be satisfied. I’d just presume that they’re just not relevant. The Time Patrol strikes me as being big enough to where a rookie may not end up interacting or hearing much about the more notable members if both are just too busy.

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:50 pm Wouldn't it be funny if, instead of Xenoverse 3, we got something like "Xenoverse Ultra-Remix" that is technically XV3 in all but name but is really tryng to redo XV1 and 2? If that sounds redundant, remember we're talking about the modern video games industry.
What I’m wondering is, how could Xenoverse 3 be more than a sort of “Ultimate edition” of Xenoverse 2? XV2 has lived such a long life with so much added content that could’ve gone into a potential sequel, that I don’t know what they would realistically change to make it not seem like just XV2 with built in DLC, some new maps, story mode, and maybe a new hub world.

And while I feel like there’s a lot of obvious answers to that issue, I feel like they won’t be ones developers will take up. If I recall correctly, one of the major criticisms of XV2 was how relatively little was changed. And I can totally see that problem repeating if a third game were released.

RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:37 am

SuperSunnyDee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm I’d much rather fly around the city. Lol.
Mercenary Tao's Pillar goes faster than regular flying

This applies only to that specific veichle sadly, probably because it's DLC

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:53 am

SuperSunnyDee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm The priorities just seem so bizarre to me. For a game focused on customization, being able to change the color on all of the clothes you earn just seems like it should be at the top of the list for how obvious it is. I like the original clothes you can change, but I wanna have Bardock’s armor in whatever color I want. It can’t possibly be that difficult to implement after two installments can it? But yeah I tried some of the color changes on the mentors just to get an idea of what I think would look good on my CC in a potential sequel. I really don’t have any interest in using it for anything other than that.
It's quite easy to do actually. Modders did it like it was nothing. I remember playing Xenoverse 1 in Tullece's armor with whatever color I wanted.
Here's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL6t1Rry99M
I don't know why it's not a thing in the actual game...
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm

SuperSunnyDee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:26 pm
RashFaustinho wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:16 am Mascots are the epitome of useless, because they get rid of your veichle. I much rather keep my fast Mercenary Tao Pillar rather than having a mini-Veku that follows my charatacer and has no practical utility.

As for the color change feature on normal characters, it is not that well made. Just look at 16, no matter how many colors you change, he will still have green parts in his armor.
The CAC can change colors to its clothes, it's just that only a small percentage of clothing allow this.

The priorities just seem so bizarre to me. For a game focused on customization, being able to change the color on all of the clothes you earn just seems like it should be at the top of the list for how obvious it is. I like the original clothes you can change, but I wanna have Bardock’s armor in whatever color I want. It can’t possibly be that difficult to implement after two installments can it? But yeah I tried some of the color changes on the mentors just to get an idea of what I think would look good on my CC in a potential sequel. I really don’t have any interest in using it for anything other than that.
Let me one up you on that issue: why are customizable fighting styles not a thing in a game literally centered around not only custom characters but also training under Masters?
Ultimate Tenkaichi did this. Ultimate Tenkaichi. A game that doesn't even have a proper fighting system did better than Xenoverse. The priorities aren't just bizarre; they're outright alien. Xenoverse 1 could get away with it; it was coming out of that era of mainline DB games being pretty iffy and always taking one step forward, three steps back in terms of gameplay, mechanics, and roster. But they've been playing with Xenoverse 2 for five years now and yet they've never done an overhaul like this? Not even customizable auras at the very least?

I'd say that they're picking and choosing what to focus on and going with things that players request the most feedback for, but explain the Battle Simulator or apparently this new Mascots system. I don't think anyone was asking for either, nor do I think they've become widely popular aspects of the game. So I don't know! Like I said before, we don't even have Super Android 13 despite having #13, and someone else mentioned Chaozu isn't in the game either. I couldn't tell you what the XV devs and project leaders are thinking.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

SuperSunnyDee

Post by SuperSunnyDee » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Let me one up you on that issue: why are customizable fighting styles not a thing in a game literally centered around not only custom characters but also training under Masters?
Ultimate Tenkaichi did this. Ultimate Tenkaichi. A game that doesn't even have a proper fighting system did better than Xenoverse. The priorities aren't just bizarre; they're outright alien. Xenoverse 1 could get away with it; it was coming out of that era of mainline DB games being pretty iffy and always taking one step forward, three steps back in terms of gameplay, mechanics, and roster. But they've been playing with Xenoverse 2 for five years now and yet they've never done an overhaul like this? Not even customizable auras at the very least?

I'd say that they're picking and choosing what to focus on and going with things that players request the most feedback for, but explain the Battle Simulator or apparently this new Mascots system. I don't think anyone was asking for either, nor do I think they've become widely popular aspects of the game. So I don't know! Like I said before, we don't even have Super Android 13 despite having #13, and someone else mentioned Chaozu isn't in the game either. I couldn't tell you what the XV devs and project leaders are thinking.
It really is just alien to me. I don’t want to sound like I’m just here to complain because I do enjoy the game, but I feel like I’ve had my fill with it. I really feel like I’m ready for a new game that just does away with all of these flaws and does things that I think should’ve just been there from the start. Between aura colors, new characters, and customizable combos, I really think this series has so much potential that just isn’t been tapped.

Yet I feel like XV3 has a very real possibility of just being XV2 with some new maps and a story mode with just a bit more customization options. And none of those additions would include the stuff we’ve talked about. That’s the direction I’m being led towards based on some of these confusing decisions the game has made and I’m concerned that I only feel like I’m being slightly dramatic.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 pm

An outright overhaul of the game's mechanics is well past a few PQs or short addition to the story (let alone new characters). That kind of thing would require a major update that I guarantee will cause numerous crashes because bugs weren't caught. And that's just for starters.

As for re-coloring the clothes... Yeah, I'm with you guys on that one. For example; I like my Saiyan characters LOOKING like Saiyans, so I give them Saiyan armor. But I also want the armor to look different from say, Vegeta's, and not a direct copy. So, yeah. Its aggravating at times.

Another thing I've come to want- transformations for regular characters. Like how Nappa got Super Saiyan, it should be easy as pie to give it to the likes of Turles and Raditz. And, while having a semi-customizable Future Trunks is cool, I want to be able to adjust the clothes on him as well. That sort of thing.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:19 am

There's tons of content they could cover in a Xenoverse 3:

-Remaining characters from Z (Chaiotzu, Cui, Monster Zarbon, Frieza's Missing Forms, Android 19, Dr.Gero Semi-Perfect Cell, Supreme Kai, Buutenks, Tarble)

-OG Dragon Ball Story and Characters

-Missing GT Characters

-Gameplay Overhaul

-Dragon Ball Super Sagas in more depth, especially the Tournament of Power - they can also cover the Broly Movie and the 2022 Movie (latter as DLC probably)

-Dragon Ball Heroes What if Transformations, Characters and Story

-New Races

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:25 pm

SuperSunnyDee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 am It really is just alien to me. I don’t want to sound like I’m just here to complain because I do enjoy the game, but I feel like I’ve had my fill with it. I really feel like I’m ready for a new game that just does away with all of these flaws and does things that I think should’ve just been there from the start. Between aura colors, new characters, and customizable combos, I really think this series has so much potential that just isn’t been tapped.

Yet I feel like XV3 has a very real possibility of just being XV2 with some new maps and a story mode with just a bit more customization options. And none of those additions would include the stuff we’ve talked about. That’s the direction I’m being led towards based on some of these confusing decisions the game has made and I’m concerned that I only feel like I’m being slightly dramatic.
The sad thing is that I expect Bamco to screw it up some how.

I recall with Ultimate Tenkaichi that what moves you could use were locked to your character size. Seriously! You could choose between one of three sizes: child-sized (i.e. Goten), adult-sized (i.e. Goku), and huge (i.e. Broly), but you were basically pigeonholed into going with the medium size because small only allowed you to use ki-based super/ultimates and large only allowed you to use physical super/ultimates. Utter rubbish, but I fear the same thing in Xenoverse 3. Not the exact same, but follow me on this:

Imagine you had the option to adopt your teacher's fighting style. Maybe not necessarily that exact teacher but their school. Like for Turtle School, Crane School, Freeza Force, Majins, Mr. Satan's Gym, Saiyan Army, things like that, with a few rogue styles hiding out there. The right way to do it would be for your CaC's combos and ki blasts to change depending on their mentors & schools— someone training under Freeza would have their charged ki blasts become finger beams, and if individual mentors allow for further progression, let's say mastering Burter's training would allow you to do 15 attacks in the same span others pull off 5. And to incentivize mastering your training, you get buffs to whatever special and ultimate attacks come from these schools. So a Turtle School student would get a 15% damage buff to a Kamehameha or maybe a few extra seconds of stun-lock from a Kienzan. A direct rival school's abilities might be nerfed, but that's it. None of this is mandatory and you could switch between schools and mentors fairly easily to play with these alternate combos and buffs.

The WRONG way to do it— i.e. the way I expect Namco-Bandai to pull it off for that "special arcade flavor"— is that once you pick a school, you're locked into it for good. Certain races can't join certain schools for whatever reason. And least fun of all, the school you're in determines the attacks you can use. Want to use a Kamehameha? Have to be in the Turtle School.

That lattermost point can work to a very limited extent, mind you. A great overhaul to the bloated mechanics we have now would be to have it so that you level up and unlock techniques from using them (you know, like actual training), so that if you used Kamehameha effectively, you could level it up and unlock Kamehameha x10 or Super Kamehameha rather than it being a loot drop. This could even be used to incentivize certain schools because the boosts you get make this grind go by faster.

And I CAN envision a few "special school" moves that you can only use if you're a part of a certain school. Not basic moves that are a part of the main series, but maybe a special and ultimate or two that are new and unique to incentivize becoming a master of that style.

But what I'm talking about is "if you're a Freeza Force disciple, you can only use Freeza Force moves." Even if you can switch schools on the fly, that's no fun. I don't give a shit if it's immersive in any way, it's not fun. It's fun if you can CHOOSE to, sort of like making a clan in an MMO, but when someone else gets to choose to have your fun for you, it ain't fun.

It's sad that I have to fear that this is even a remote possibility as unlikely as it is, but I do remember what these games used to be like.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:45 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:50 pm Wouldn't it be funny if, instead of Xenoverse 3, we got something like "Xenoverse Ultra-Remix" that is technically XV3 in all but name but is really tryng to redo XV1 and 2? If that sounds redundant, remember we're talking about the modern video games industry.
You know, I am not kidding, but if they actually redid the crappy gameplay and fighting system, added some missing gaps to roster in a cohesive way as now the roster is broken with some of the gap characters at the end of it, so the arc order doesn't make sense anymore...
I would buy it actually. Also with some graphics boost of course.

Actually, if they did more daring story and loose the fake MMORPG element, you could choose your CAC with all the clothes and customization unlocked at the beginning and play something with choices ala Mass Effect + with versus mode with all the characters like Sparking/RB and tournament. Yesss, the current/next gen DB simulator!

I think the content of XV2 is great, the game just really lacks in gameplay... actually sucks hard. XV was actually better and felt revolutionary after years of the same formula. Why not to make a hybrid of the best things we got over the years? I mean as a DB sim.
Not counting FighterZ, because that is a solid fighter.

Imagine!
STORY MODE: DB History is disturbed by Time Breakers and it is completely in your hands... do you kill Freeza or let him win? What happens? The idea of Trunks' multiverse, different endings to the series based on progress.

VERSUS and TOURNAMENT MODES: pick a character from DB, DBZ, GT, Super and recreate your favorite fights on classic backdrops.

ONLINE: Customize your CAC or more of them, who is actually a preset character competitive to others, based on the DB races or just use the classic characters in battles. Actually simmilar in a sense to DB Legends.

That is my dream successor.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 am

People complained about his absence, now here he is... shirtless Jiren Full Power Jiren is the next character.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:34 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 am People complained about his absence, now here he is... shirtless Jiren Full Power Jiren is the next character.
God, some of the DLC decisions for this game baffle the fuck out of me.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:34 am

Scsigs wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:34 am
Grimlock wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:16 am People complained about his absence, now here he is... shirtless Jiren Full Power Jiren is the next character.
This was supposed to be the "winner" of the poll, right? How did this many people just want half-naked generic alien?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:48 am

The S wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:34 am
This was supposed to be the "winner" of the poll, right? How did this many people just want half-naked generic alien?
Jiren wasn't on the poll at all. The poll was between Omen Goku, GT Vegeta, DBS 18, Dyspo and Bergamo, and as far as we know, we still don't know who it is. (Though, unfortunately, it's pretty obvious who it's gonna be)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:54 am

That's because UI SIGN Goku have probably won the poll....
People voted for a copy/paste character and likes to give money for that. Good for you people, smart move! :thumbdown:

Shirtless Jiren didn't need a new slot ... he needed a trasformation or an alternative outfit. That's the problem. Over and Over (UIS Goku, c-17, c-18 ecc).
Last edited by Gt91 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:58 am

My distant hope is that Dyspo and Bergamo eventually make it in, either for the following DLC or in XV3's base roster. No idea why they considered GT Vegeta or DBS 18 though, those choices seem like even bigger wastes than Omen Goku.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:45 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:48 am
The S wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:34 am
Jiren wasn't on the poll at all. The poll was between Omen Goku, GT Vegeta, DBS 18, Dyspo and Bergamo, and as far as we know, we still don't know who it is. (Though, unfortunately, it's pretty obvious who it's gonna be)
Okay then, I stand corrected. Thanks for clarification.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:14 am

Wtf, Full Power Jiren?

What about the poll votation? Does that mean that we'll still continue with DLCs?