"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 am

Yeah, I don't like the plasticky look. It was acceptable for the PS3, but not the PS5. It probably won't look as good as FighterZ, but hopefully it will have a noticeable improvement.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:45 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 amYeah, I don't like the plasticky look. It was acceptable for the PS3, but not the PS5. It probably won't look as good as FighterZ, but hopefully it will have a noticeable improvement.
As much as I want a new art style for XV3, I really don't see it happening.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:29 am

Did they ever increase the storage capacity for figurines?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:37 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:45 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:17 amYeah, I don't like the plasticky look. It was acceptable for the PS3, but not the PS5. It probably won't look as good as FighterZ, but hopefully it will have a noticeable improvement.
As much as I want a new art style for XV3, I really don't see it happening.
I don't expect an entirely new style, either. Just a modified version of what he have. Hopefully with better lighting and effects, as well as more polished models. The floating rocks on charging up in XV2 was cool, but hopefully we get a lot more than that in XV3. The PS5 can handle a ton more stuff with little to no load time, so there's really no excuse for not going all out this time.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Do you guys think they'll do what the other games did and make a transformation list instead of using them to waste slots?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:36 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:39 pm Do you guys think they'll do what the other games did and make a transformation list instead of using them to waste slots?
What do you mean?

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:36 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:39 pm Do you guys think they'll do what the other games did and make a transformation list instead of using them to waste slots?
What do you mean?
Do you remember the old Dragon Ball games that gave transformations their own tab instead of adding it to the attacks like Xenoverse did? That's what I mean. Why not just bring those back Instead of wasting roster space on things like SSB Goku and Golden Frieza.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

I don't know, but I hope they don't continue to treat transformations as their own characters. I'd rather they'd be listed with their base form instead. Also, do we really need 20 versions of base form Goku? Condense that.

Oh, and that reminds me of a feature I'd like in XV3. Instead of having battle damage as a separate skin to select from, why not have the character naturally progress to that in battle? Like if Goku takes a significant amount of damage, his clothes become tattered, his body becomes covered in injuries, and he eventually loses his shirt. It just seems kinda silly to have to select those skins from the menu. All we need is one base form for each gi Goku has had, one that can become Super Saiyan, one that can become SS3, SS4, etc. I'm never going to start the game and think, "I think I feel like playing the Goku with the ripped up pants today."

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm If this is indeed for XV3, this could be promising. Now hopefully they dont make the models all glossy like before.
The gloss comes from the in-game shader, not the model itself.
Ah ok, well hope they fix that then.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:33 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 pm
Kanassa wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 pm If this is indeed for XV3, this could be promising. Now hopefully they dont make the models all glossy like before.
The gloss comes from the in-game shader, not the model itself.
Ah ok, well hope they fix that then.
Yeah, I have no idea what made them think that 'Greased Up Action Figures' was a good look for the game.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 am

They really need to add Kale and others to the game.
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am

BrolyLSSJ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:12 amThey really need to add Kale and others to the game.
I doubt they'll be adding any new characters, as XV3 will most likely be announced soon.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 pm

I honestly don’t believe a XV3 will be announced or ever come to light. If you think about it Bandai hasn’t done a 3 series game for PS3 or PS4. I feel like it will be a completely new series.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 pm I honestly don’t believe a XV3 will be announced or ever come to light. If you think about it Bandai hasn’t done a 3 series game for PS3 or PS4. I feel like it will be a completely new series.
It's getting bloated with CaC1 and CaC2 and Trunks as well as the super cast on speed dial.

I think they might do a reboot which if they follow the super manga and give trunks blue hair instead I would be cool with.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:30 pm I honestly don’t believe a XV3 will be announced or ever come to light. If you think about it Bandai hasn’t done a 3 series game for PS3 or PS4. I feel like it will be a completely new series.
It's getting bloated with CaC1 and CaC2 and Trunks as well as the super cast on speed dial.

I think they might do a reboot which if they follow the super manga and give trunks blue hair instead I would be cool with.
Where did the Super Manga say Trunks had blue hair? That was the anime. The manga & Z anime always had him have purple hair because Bulma's hair is supposed to be purple too, but the DB anime screwed that up.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:16 pm
TobyS wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Where did the Super Manga say Trunks had blue hair? That was the anime. The manga & Z anime always had him have purple hair because Bulma's hair is supposed to be purple too, but the DB anime screwed that up.

I'm pretty sure it's was a toriyama retcon or correction accross all mediums I don't have my manga here to say for sure but adult trunks has blue hair on the covers I think.

The animes mistake was to go for consistency over canon and keeping kid trunks hair lavender

Xenos problem was having adult purple hair Trunks already established before it even came out.

Along with him being weaker and. Not having my experienced the black arc or even possibly Dabra and stuff.

This is fixable by making him the new second trunks or having him be from a new timeline entirely that was created after Supers time ring box was last seen open....

My fridge horror fan theory is he's actually cell time trunks ressurected with his memories altered.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:06 pm

I hate blue Trunks. Why are you going to retcon his appearance in the middle of a series, having him stand beside his purple-haired counterpart like there's no contradiction? And why do this after you just gave Saiyans a blue-haired transformation? When I first saw Trunks, I thought he was in Super Saiyan Blue form, but nope. They just changed his hair color for no apparent reason. Heck, even if Super started with a blue haired kid trunks, I still would have thought Future Trunks' use of colors were just unappealing. His red bandana is nice, but his hair and jacket are too similar in color. And his pants are gray, which is similar to the muted gray-ish blue jacket he wears. So he just looks like this long blue-ish gray blob. It's better when he's a Super Saiyan, but in base form, it's just not a good look, IMO.

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:52 am

So Xenoverse 2 is getting another update, includes Pikkon as a playable character and Bardock, Gine clothes from the DBS Broly film. This game truly refuses to die.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:00 am

OrangeBanana wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:52 am So Xenoverse 2 is getting another update, includes Pikkon as a playable character and Bardock, Gine clothes from the DBS Broly film. This game truly refuses to die.
I would love the addition, but I know that Iwill just try him in versus and will be pissed about the gameplay being no fun... but really, I miss the times of Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which was pretty basic but like playing with toys, which was the most fun about it. The AI here is dumb, non-transforming and abusing the stamina mechanics, so it is just a dull and annoying.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 am

OrangeBanana wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:52 am So Xenoverse 2 is getting another update, includes Pikkon as a playable character and Bardock, Gine clothes from the DBS Broly film. This game truly refuses to die.
It's literally been over 4 years since this came out. At this point I think more XV2 characters and a next gen port are more likely than XV3. I did not see this coming.