"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:27 am

Finally, the strongest character of the anime... 3 years too late, though.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 am

Those loading screens are kinda cool, I like the one with the Majin character and Ghost Gotenks

I'm hoping we get a 3rd character in Legendary Pack 2 that's not another reskin.

Jiren at least could have a newer moveset and more moves but what does Omen Goku have?

Who am I kidding? The 3rd character would probably be Super Fu but maybe he would get a new moveset and more moves too but this is Dimps afterall...

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:39 am

Are the poll results out yet? Sign Goku won? or is that a conclusion based on Jiren's inclusion?

There's plenty of room for the devs to give Jiren a whole new moveset. They don't even need to watch the anime, just take a peek at a youtube video of FighterZ's Jiren skillset and copy some of that: eye glare, giant fire ball vs Vegeta, the attack that made Vegeta fight Toppo, giant fire ball that forced Goku into MUI.
Just don't give us more default attacks

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:47 am

Scsigs wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:34 am God, some of the DLC decisions for this game baffle the fuck out of me.
Gotta agree. You pay twice for Jiren in this game (arguably the most boring character of Dragon Ball Super). Cabba is still the only DLC character that came with a transformation, sadly.

We should be looking at Dragon Ball Online again to draw more content, honestly. It's not like they will adapt Universe Survival saga or anything, so this is kind of pointless.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:26 am

I'm not mad about getting a new Jiren along with the new DLC. The regular one is rather niche (more so since Meditation got heavily altered) with not only disappointing stats, but moves and Super Soul as well. And while his Ultimate could do massive damage, you need Meditation in order to use it. And since Toppo was released, with 10 bars of Ki with an alternative that also gets Jiren's Ultimate, its made it even more clear that a new Jiren has been needed. Or at least being able to customize him like with Super Brolly and such.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:26 am Or at least being able to customize him like with Super Brolly and such.
I haven't played this game in a loooong time, so what's that about customization? can you add the armor to Broly?? and use him like that for a PQ????

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:26 am I'm not mad about getting a new Jiren along with the new DLC. The regular one is rather niche (more so since Meditation got heavily altered) with not only disappointing stats, but moves and Super Soul as well. And while his Ultimate could do massive damage, you need Meditation in order to use it. And since Toppo was released, with 10 bars of Ki with an alternative that also gets Jiren's Ultimate, its made it even more clear that a new Jiren has been needed. Or at least being able to customize him like with Super Brolly and such.
Just make him another notch that you can choose with the L1/R1 or whatever like everyone else. Don't need to have people pay to get him half naked and tweak his moves a little.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:09 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:06 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:26 am Or at least being able to customize him like with Super Brolly and such.
I haven't played this game in a loooong time, so what's that about customization? can you add the armor to Broly?? and use him like that for a PQ????
Armor, no. Though you can customize the coloring on his clothes. After that, you can also adjust his stats, super soul, super attacks, and ultimate attacks. Same goes for Vegito Blue, Gogeta Blue, Future Trunks, and a few more.

Just a shame he didn't get Kale's Super Soul, "I hate what I've become," as DBZ Brolly got it, and its a pretty good one to use.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:18 pm

The fact that we're getting Full Power Jiren now, probably indicates that we're also getting Ultra Instinct -Sign- alongside with it. Meaning that it is the character that most likely got the most votes out of the poll. Which I would've never been surprised about.

It's not yet confirmed, but I could see them release a pack with these two. But it kinda bothers me (and it has ever since MUI got released) is that we didn't get -Sign- in the first place. It would've made much more sense to release MUI together with Full Power Jiren. Rather than MUI with regular Jiren. This way they could've released MUI with Full Power Jiren now. Even if it's 3 years later, better late than never.

Let's wait and see though. For all we know I'm wrong and it's not even -Sign- :lol:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:21 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:18 pm The fact that we're getting Full Power Jiren now, probably indicates that we're also getting Ultra Instinct -Sign- alongside with it. Meaning that it is the character that most likely got the most votes out of the poll. Which I would've never been surprised about.

It's not yet confirmed, but I could see them release a pack with these two. But it kinda bothers me (and it has ever since MUI got released) is that we didn't get -Sign- in the first place. It would've made much more sense to release MUI together with Full Power Jiren. Rather than MUI with regular Jiren. This way they could've released MUI with Full Power Jiren now. Even if it's 3 years later, better late than never.

Let's wait and see though. For all we know I'm wrong and it's not even -Sign- :lol:
Yeah it´s dumb but any latecomers or XV3 will no longer have that problem going forward at least.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:47 pm

The Xenoverse 2 character reveal cycle:

Fans demand character X > X gets announced > "why is X being announced when they could be releasing character Y instead?" > character Y gets announced > "character Y? Who wants Y? I wanted Z!"

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:10 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:47 pm The Xenoverse 2 character reveal cycle:

Fans demand character X > X gets announced > "why is X being announced when they could be releasing character Y instead?" > character Y gets announced > "character Y? Who wants Y? I wanted Z!"
I guess DB has gotten so big, with so many characters, that people can actually complain when the strongest version of the strongest antagonist of the anime is included.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 pm

^ I think the real issue is "Why are we only getting characters X & Y? Why not A, B, C, X,Y, & Z?" For DLC packs that cost $10, only two characters at a time is a steal! Of my money.

It CAN'T be balancing issues or modeling the characters. The characters play the same because the base game mechanics are so loose and sloppy. And Xenoverse modders can create fully functional characters a few days after they've appeared in the series proper. The only hold up there would be the voice acting, and for a lot of the characters people want in the series, there's not even that many voice clips they'd need to record. I go back to Super Android 13: the fucker barely speaks at all!

There's no reason to release only two or three characters at once every seven or eight months and charge $10 for it. That artificial scarcity is the problem and is why people squabble over this stuff.
At the very least you get some extra loot and occasionally extra stages out of it.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 pm ^ I think the real issue is "Why are we only getting characters X & Y? Why not A, B, C, X,Y, & Z?" For DLC packs that cost $10, only two characters at a time is a steal! Of my money.

It CAN'T be balancing issues or modeling the characters. The characters play the same because the base game mechanics are so loose and sloppy. And Xenoverse modders can create fully functional characters a few days after they've appeared in the series proper. The only hold up there would be the voice acting, and for a lot of the characters people want in the series, there's not even that many voice clips they'd need to record. I go back to Super Android 13: the fucker barely speaks at all!

There's no reason to release only two or three characters at once every seven or eight months and charge $10 for it. That artificial scarcity is the problem and is why people squabble over this stuff.
At the very least you get some extra loot and occasionally extra stages out of it.
I'm a fool really, I should've quitted this game on PS4 at least a year ago, and enjoyed the PC modding community. The game sucks already to play it at the devs' pace and not at the modding community's pace.
They probably have fucking Granola by now on PC and we are just getting shirless Jiren.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:01 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 pm ^ I think the real issue is "Why are we only getting characters X & Y? Why not A, B, C, X,Y, & Z?" For DLC packs that cost $10, only two characters at a time is a steal! Of my money.

I'm a fool really, I should've quitted this game on PS4 at least a year ago, and enjoyed the PC modding community. The game sucks already to play it at the devs' pace and not at the modding community's pace.
They probably have fucking Granola by now on PC and we are just getting shirless Jiren.
They have far more than Granola just from this arc alone
https://videogamemods.com/xenoverse/mod ... -arc-pack/

In fact, why aren't we using this thread to talk about mods more? There's a lot of 'em

To say that Xenoverse 2's modding scene shits on the console version is to insult fecal matter and its delicate purpose in the life cycle.
The Yabanverse

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:58 am

I know it's being a terrible whale but I bought the DLC's under the vague justification I'm giving XV3 more base characters and development time. "And at least I'm not a scumbag buying TP medals!"
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:45 am

Those mods have me quite jealous. I want more what if and Dragonball characters.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:58 am I know it's being a terrible whale but I bought the DLC's under the vague justification I'm giving XV3 more base characters and development time. "And at least I'm not a scumbag buying TP medals!"
I'm only buying the DLC packs that have story missions and cutscenes, that seems worth while to me

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Look, guys!
Chaozu!

Grandpa Gohan!

Actual female musculature
(And obviously there are... other "shapely" mods ;))

It's Muscle Tower from BT3 as a stage!

Thin Majin males!

And here's a WIP but it might be completed soon: XV2 with FighterZ shading

All of this is only impressive because the base game isn't. I wouldn't even be this mad about it if it wasn't for the fact we've gotten five years of DLC, possibly going on six if nothing's announced for the rest of this year. Because I get it: you can't expect game studios to put THAT much time and effort into games already released, especially if they have to focus on new projects. But they clearly ARE putting that much time and effort into the game. As I mentioned before, we literally got a game within the game years ago with that Not!Dokkan Battle Simulator, despite the fact we still don't have some obvious characters in the game!
So that's where mods have to step in to fill in the gaps. I mean the game itself still controls pretty badly, and improvements in the mechanics and meta are what I'm really looking for out of Xenoverse 3 at this point.

And it's from mods that we get stuff that we probably legally couldn't out of the game.
Like Mortal Kombat versions of characters!
And Big Smoke
The Yabanverse

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:06 pm

Holy shit, that new shader makes the game look SO much better. Less plasticy.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs