"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:15 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I'm really upset with Dimps right now. They modeled Ikari for a CG cutscene
Did they release the cutscene with Ikari?
No, but we saw a screenshot of it in Jump a few weeks ago.
No, we didn't. We saw a screen shot of the scene where Trunks swears he's going to kill Black himself and powers up, we do not see Super Saiyan Ikari
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Kanassa wrote: No, we didn't. We saw a screen shot of the scene where Trunks swears he's going to kill Black himself and powers up, we do not see Super Saiyan Ikari

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote: No, we didn't. We saw a screen shot of the scene where Trunks swears he's going to kill Black himself and powers up, we do not see Super Saiyan Ikari
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I see nothing that goes against my point.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Kanassa wrote: I see nothing that goes against my point.
????
Trunks is in Ikari in that screenshot from the CG cutscene, what are you talking about?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:22 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote: I see nothing that goes against my point.
????
Trunks is in Ikari in that screenshot from the CG cutscene, what are you talking about?
Is he? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that he's in Ikari

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Kanassa wrote: Is he? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that he's in Ikari
Are you being serious right now? That is absolutely his Ikari hair, look at how it spikes up really far in the back and how he has no bangs hanging down. It looks nothing like his SSJ2 hair.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Yeah. That's not how his "SS2" hair is modeled in the the game. It's definitely SSRage. But all that means is it's another form/costume that we apparently aren't getting (at least in the announced DLCs). Just like SS in the "F" clothes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Footlong Shoe wrote:I saw an Awoken skill called "Divinity Unleashed" in the drops for PQ 110. Did they say something about that earlier? I only started watching about halfway through.
It's a new Energy Charge move Merged Zamasu uses.
Went back and looked to verify, and you're right. I could've sworn the icon was that of an awoken skill, though.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote: Went back and looked to verify, and you're right. I could've sworn the icon was that of an awoken skill, though.
And it is an icon of an Awoken Skill. I don't know what's going on. Maybe the icon is wrong?

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Footlong Shoe wrote: Went back and looked to verify, and you're right. I could've sworn the icon was that of an awoken skill, though.
And it is an icon of an Awoken Skill. I don't know what's going on. Maybe the icon is wrong?

Oh thank god no TP medals for the SSj4 stuff. It says Goku, is SSj4 Vegeta's stuff in the game too? I'm unable to watch the stream due to life. Also have they confirmed if Final Hope Slash is a PQ reward or TP shop?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:46 pm

Looks like the Future Trunks Arc also officially takes place in AGE 779. The blocked out portion of the stream was just an overlay. You can still see the year of the events for the future timeline, which are listed as AGE 796. Subtract the 17 years Trunks travels into the past, and we get our official date ala XV2.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Looks like the Future Trunks Arc also officially takes place in AGE 779. The blocked out portion of the stream was just an overlay. You can still see the year of the events for the future timeline, which are listed as AGE 796. Subtract the 17 years Trunks travels into the past, and we get our official date ala XV2.
That's... dumb. Maybe it still is 780, but really early, so the 17 years thing still works.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 pm

AGE 779 is a perfectly fine date if you ignore all Toei's extra bits and pieces that forced time to pass necessarily throughout all the arcs since the Hakaishin Invitational. Works without issue for the manga and a game adaptation of the story that doesn't really include said bits.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:AGE 779 is a perfectly fine date if you ignore all Toei's extra bits and pieces that forced time to pass necessarily throughout all the arcs since the Hakaishin Invitational. Works without issue for the manga and a game adaptation of the story that doesn't really include said bits.
I guess it doesn't really matter either way since the Universe Survival arc is still 780.
Toei really shouldn't have had Earth's balls be used early in the Champa arc.
At the same time, the game only showing the year for the future events and not the present events feels like they are leaving the year up to the viewer.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm going to wait until I see a clear image of the year, but my initial comments on Future Trunks saga taking place in AGE 779 is...

I was freaking right! 8) I always saw it happening at the very end of AGE 779, but I was sure XV2 would place it in AGE 780, then we'd have to think it happened early thar year, like January. As said by DevilsCorpse, for this to work, some issues must be ignored, which is totally acceptable considering that not everything we see in the anime is in Toriyama's outline. I don't think Shenlong being summoned in the beginning of Universe 6 saga really happened in Toriyama's eyes at all, for example, so that's not a big deal.

Still, we have three freaking major events in the same year; Movie 15 (early to mid AGE 779), Universe 6 saga (August-October AGE 779) and Future Trunks saga (the remaining months). What a year for our heroes.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 pm

They finally figured out that they need to focus on ghe game and not the YouTubers.

But god damn Ryhme and the other guy was annoying as ever! (Seriously they needed to shut up)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Since they couldn't give an answer on if there will be more DLC and said to stay tuned I hope that means we get like a fan request pack with some of the missing stuff.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Merged Zamasu's voice sounds just fine to me aside from still being too old. It's really well acted. (Well, from gameplay and pre-battle dialogue, anyway; not sure about the story.)

I know the paid DLC is dropping on the 27th, but do we have any word on the free stuff's date?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:21 pm

excelhedge wrote:They finally figured out that they need to focus on ghe game and not the YouTubers.

But god damn Ryhme and the other guy was annoying as ever! (Seriously they needed to shut up)
I must be in the minority by enjoying having the YouTubers "commentating". I can understand the frustration when trying to hear the English voices, but in terms of gameplay I could see everything I needed to.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 pm

excelhedge wrote:They finally figured out that they need to focus on ghe game and not the YouTubers.

I stopped paying attention to Rhyme when he made a video back before Xenoverse 1 came out, right around the time we got the datamine for the character creation, and he said we could make literally "anyone from any anime" and that it was the most in depth character creation he's seen in a game since Soul Calibur V