"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:52 am

Ugh, I keep trying to Join/Create rooms for an Expert Mission, but I'm not having any luck. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong... it says my connection is fine. :x I'm trying to take down Meta Cooler in three minutes with the AI, and not even getting close.

It might be best to invite people on my Live friends list, so if anyone wants to hit up some Expert missions with me, my tag is FraggleWarlord.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:02 am

YES! Finally completed all the Training Quests from Rou Kaioshin. Man, that final Advanced Combo Quest was tough. But this time I made it within 10 minutes or so. Now I got the trophy.
And another nice detail: if you go to Training Mode at the Offline Battle Counter and choose your CaC and your Master as opponent (in the right outfit; not just any Gokuu for example, it must be regular Gokuu in his RoF Outfit) he comments sometimes when you're doing damage to him. I like details.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:22 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Ugh, I keep trying to Join/Create rooms for an Expert Mission, but I'm not having any luck. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong... it says my connection is fine. :x I'm trying to take down Meta Cooler in three minutes with the AI, and not even getting close.

It might be best to invite people on my Live friends list, so if anyone wants to hit up some Expert missions with me, my tag is FraggleWarlord.
Yeah, I don't have any luck either. It seems like there isn't too much people playing the expert missions. Even when I find someone, they tend to have poor conections and the game crashes at some point in the mission. I'm doing the expert missions on my own as well, wich is a nonsense and clearly not how they are meant to be played. That makes me think that I won't be having a great experience with the raids.

The Meta Cooler mission it's pretty easy even for one player, though. At some point in the battle, a portal it's opened. You just have to leave Cooler alone and enter the portal. Then you will encounter weaker Coolers and everytime you beat one, you get 30 seconds. With that extra time you can go back through the portal and beat the main Metal Cooler.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:45 am

Chelentano wrote:
The Meta Cooler mission it's pretty easy even for one player, though. At some point in the battle, a portal it's opened. You just have to leave Cooler alone and enter the portal. Then you will encounter weaker Coolers and everytime you beat one, you get 30 seconds. With that extra time you can go back through the portal and beat the main Metal Cooler.
Thing is, by the time you go back through to Cooler you can only do a smidge of damage before you have to go back through to get extra times, and since your A.I team mates follow you no body is doing damage to Cooler while this is happening. And with the shitty loading times you might no even get a chance to attack cooler.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:46 am

Oh nice! That makes it simple. Thanks!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:54 am

Kanassa wrote:
Chelentano wrote:
Thing is, by the time you go back through to Cooler you can only do a smidge of damage before you have to go back through to get extra times, and since your A.I team mates follow you no body is doing damage to Cooler while this is happening. And with the shitty loading times you might no even get a chance to attack cooler.
But you can beat several weak Coolers in a row and then go back with 5 or 6 minutes. That's plenty of time.
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 am

Chelentano wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Chelentano wrote:
But you can beat several weak Coolers in a row and then go back with 5 or 6 minutes. That's plenty of time.
You can? Only one Metal Cooler spawns for me until I exit the stage and come back

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:22 am

Kanassa wrote:
Chelentano wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Thing is, by the time you go back through to Cooler you can only do a smidge of damage before you have to go back through to get extra times, and since your A.I team mates follow you no body is doing damage to Cooler while this is happening. And with the shitty loading times you might no even get a chance to attack cooler.
You can? Only one Metal Cooler spawns for me until I exit the stage and come back
Really? That's how I beated the stage. Once I defeat a Metal Cooler another one flyes into the stage.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:40 am

Now I have a problem. Everytime I summon Shenlong the game crashes on PS4. Sometimes directly after he appears, sometime during the wishes, sometimes I'm lucky and it crashes AFTER the game saves after a wish. But still it's pretty annoying to close the application and start it again. Well at least I don't lose the Dragon Balls during this bug. Does anybody else have this problem?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 am

Xaroc wrote:Now I have a problem. Everytime I summon Shenlong the game crashes on PS4. Sometimes directly after he appears, sometime during the wishes, sometimes I'm lucky and it crashes AFTER the game saves after a wish. But still it's pretty annoying to close the application and start it again. Well at least I don't lose the Dragon Balls during this bug. Does anybody else have this problem?
It happened to me once when I wished for Hit. Didn't loose anything, the game saved then crashed. I play on PC, though.

EDIT: Game says that it is an ongoing event but I can't find the breach anywhere. Great!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:45 am

Chelentano wrote:
Xaroc wrote:Now I have a problem. Everytime I summon Shenlong the game crashes on PS4. Sometimes directly after he appears, sometime during the wishes, sometimes I'm lucky and it crashes AFTER the game saves after a wish. But still it's pretty annoying to close the application and start it again. Well at least I don't lose the Dragon Balls during this bug. Does anybody else have this problem?
It happened to me once when I wished for Hit. Didn't loose anything, the game saved then crashed. I play on PC, though.

EDIT: Game says that it is an ongoing event but I can't find the breach anywhere. Great!
Foudn it, it's above the Hercule's House teleporter.

Kanassa wrote:

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:46 am

Kanassa wrote:
Chelentano wrote:

Foudn it, it's above the Hercule's House teleporter.
Thank you! Bad timming here, though. It's lunch time. I'll have to check it out later.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:54 am

Okay, I got into the raid, host diconnected and now I can't see the rift anymore...

Kanassa wrote:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 am

So, I saw a video with all the cutscenes in the game (cause I can't play the game at the moment), but it didn't have the dialogues outside of the cutscenes (like during the fights), so I have a few questions:

Why did Towa recruit Tullece & Slug? What was their goal?
Why did Towa choose Bardock to brainwash of all people?
What was that egg Towa stole?
Any other interesting tidbits I missed?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:06 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, I saw a video with all the cutscenes in the game (cause I can't play the game at the moment), but it didn't have the dialogues outside of the cutscenes (like during the fights), so I have a few questions:

Dialogue comes through the controller during fights at times.

[spoiler]The egg contains time for a whole new universe[/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:58 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, I saw a video with all the cutscenes in the game (cause I can't play the game at the moment), but it didn't have the dialogues outside of the cutscenes (like during the fights), so I have a few questions:

[spoiler]Towa recruited them to cause chaos throughout time and space, so she could gathering energy from the battles in a similar manner to Babidi as well as energy generated from fixing the time stream. Towa didn't brainwash them as they were doing what she wanted anyway. However she knew they would try to rebel so she also used them as test subjects for the imporved villain power up (the black and white aura that replaces XV1's purple aura).

Why Bardock? Well the main reason would be since they saved him right at the moment of his death none would notice his absence. They could also have been after his precognition powers.

Thats an egg laid by Toki Toki, it holds the energy for an entire new timeline to be created and maintained[/spoiler]

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Game's pretty fun, better than the first. Named my character Captain Pronin, an Earthling based off the character of the same name. After playing it for a while, I made a personal wishlist for Xenoverse 3. I know some things like the transformations seem much, but maybe some other things could be possible.

Do y'all think any of that is possible in a 2-3 year development time? IIRC, that's what Dimps said it would take on the next game.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

[spoiler]Towa recruited them to cause chaos throughout time and space, so she could gathering energy from the battles in a similar manner to Babidi as well as energy generated from fixing the time stream. Towa didn't brainwash them as they were doing what she wanted anyway. However she knew they would try to rebel so she also used them as test subjects for the imporved villain power up (the black and white aura that replaces XV1's purple aura).

Why Bardock? Well the main reason would be since they saved him right at the moment of his death none would notice his absence. They could also have been after his precognition powers.

Thats an egg laid by Toki Toki, it holds the energy for an entire new timeline to be created and maintained[/spoiler]
Thanks! :thumbup:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote:Game's pretty fun, better than the first. Named my character Captain Pronin, an Earthling based off the character of the same name. After playing it for a while, I made a personal wishlist for Xenoverse 3. I know some things like the transformations seem much, but maybe some other things could be possible.

Do y'all think any of that is possible in a 2-3 year development time? IIRC, that's what Dimps said it would take on the next game.
All of you wishes for Xenoverse 3 are entirely possibly. But on top the at least years of development time, DIMPS would also need quite a big budget to develop all you ideas and concepts to the fullest of their potential.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Hey all can anyone add me on Xbox, Tobs9001 I not only am stuck on a stupid expert quest but rooms don't work.

Wondering if can invite each other into lobbies to bypass this shittiness.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.