"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Bandai Namco New Dragon Ball Project 2016

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 6:27 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Though really I'd rather a smaller more refined cast, over everybody is the same and boring.
Admittedly while I enjoyed Tenkaichi 3 for what it was (it's probably the DBZ game I spent the most time on prior to Xenoverse, and I may still have spent more time on it than I have Xenoverse so far just because I've had it longer), I agree wholeheartedly. Heck, I'd even be fine with some characters from the first Xenoverse not returning in the second one, if they're unneeded for the story. Or at worse, make a couple of DLC packs later on to bring back in characters from the first game that were otherwise missing in 2.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 pm

For GT fighters, I feel like Legic, GT Goten and Rildo are over due. I don't see us getting the other Shadow Dragons since some of them are too big and the smaller ones are not very popular.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Though really I'd rather a smaller more refined cast, over everybody is the same and boring.
Admittedly while I enjoyed Tenkaichi 3 for what it was (it's probably the DBZ game I spent the most time on prior to Xenoverse, and I may still have spent more time on it than I have Xenoverse so far just because I've had it longer), I agree wholeheartedly. Heck, I'd even be fine with some characters from the first Xenoverse not returning in the second one, if they're unneeded for the story. Or at worse, make a couple of DLC packs later on to bring back in characters from the first game that were otherwise missing in 2.
I don't mind some people being similar, but I never really feel like branching out to other characters when they all played pretty much the same. Makes adding so many characters feel like a waste when I don't think anyone cares to play as Rasberry.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

The countdown clock on the site makes me remember when Chris Jericho made his debut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGsBRImD0po

Anyways, the tag line is a dead giveaway that this might be the Xenoverse sequel.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Mon May 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing some of these playable.

Pui Pui
Ledgic
Rildo
Oceanus Shenron
Ozotto
Soba
Neko Majin Z
West Supreme Kai
Grand Supreme Kai

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Ozotto wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing some of these playable.

Pui Pui
Ledgic
Rildo
Oceanus Shenron
Ozotto
Soba
Neko Majin Z
West Supreme Kai
Grand Supreme Kai
Rildo and Ledgic are the two characters that I agree on.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm

I hope they kept the CaC option, both because I enjoyed I making and customizing and because I want a TFS Plays sequel return of Dumplin.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:For GT fighters, I feel like Legic, GT Goten and Rildo are over due. I don't see us getting the other Shadow Dragons since some of them are too big and the smaller ones are not very popular.
I'm honestly surprised Rildo has never been included in a fighting game. He's pretty much the first true fight Goku gets to have in GT, he's got interesting techniques, and he even transforms. You'd think that'd be enough to get him in a game. I'd also love to see GT Goten finally get included too.
dbzfan7 wrote:I don't mind some people being similar, but I never really feel like branching out to other characters when they all played pretty much the same. Makes adding so many characters feel like a waste when I don't think anyone cares to play as Rasberry.
I used to be able to do it, and in normal fighting games like Budokai or Tenkaichi, I had no problem branching out. With Xenoverse being much more of an RPG in a fighting game's clothing though, I pretty much never ventured outside of my custom guy. And on the topic of people like Rasberry, I'd even be totally fine with people like him, Saibamen, even the Cell Juniors, being included in-game as opponents, but not actually being 'playable'. It used to bother me back in the day, but now I don't think I'd mind too awfully much.
Chuquita wrote:I hope they kept the CaC option, both because I enjoyed I making and customizing and because I want a TFS Plays sequel return of Dumplin.
If it really is a Xenoverse 2, I have no doubt the CaC option will still be there (and likely be expanded upon). It was a major selling point for the first game. Hell, I'd argue there's a good chance we might see the option in more and more games coming out for the franchise, if Fusions is any indication.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I don't mind some people being similar, but I never really feel like branching out to other characters when they all played pretty much the same. Makes adding so many characters feel like a waste when I don't think anyone cares to play as Rasberry.
I used to be able to do it, and in normal fighting games like Budokai or Tenkaichi, I had no problem branching out. With Xenoverse being much more of an RPG in a fighting game's clothing though, I pretty much never ventured outside of my custom guy. And on the topic of people like Rasberry, I'd even be totally fine with people like him, Saibamen, even the Cell Juniors, being included in-game as opponents, but not actually being 'playable'. It used to bother me back in the day, but now I don't think I'd mind too awfully much.
I pretty much had no reason to go outside my Gary Stu either. Unless it was more multiplayer versus matches where I played with friends.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon May 16, 2016 7:33 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Ledgic neither...Ozotto may be a stretch but it'd be welcomed too.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Darkton
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Darkton » Mon May 16, 2016 7:51 pm

Everyone is missing the bigger picture here. Assuming it is Xenoverse 2, the first game was all about distortions in time causing alternate events of DBZ scenarios where the villains won. All the characters, with the exception of DLC ones, featured as part of that story, hence why characters like Zarbon, Dodoria and 19 were left out; Towa and Mira didn't visit their parts of the story.

Since DBZ games tend to go from Radtiz to Buu (though now I suspect Super content will be involved as cross-advertising), any new impact in the story should include enough differences from the first Xenoverse to justify making a new game. That means we can't have the same scenarios from Xenoverse 1 inlcuded in XV2, meaning we need to start thinking of ways the timeline can go wrong other than what was included in the first game. That means already-existing fights will have to have new scenarios for them, since we can't just leave out characters like Raditz.

Also, some part of me feels like there's gonna be a bit more focus on Movies this time, given all 19 posters are there. It kinda makes me think that those time distortions will come from parallel movie timelines, which would be a good way to add new content.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 pm

I hope to god if this is Xenoverse 2 they get rid of the stupid RNG. Or at least tone it down.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 pm

ZombieVito wrote:I hope to god if this is Xenoverse 2 they get rid of the stupid RNG. Or at least tone it down.
And get rid of Costume Stats. God, that was so stupid

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:I hope to god if this is Xenoverse 2 they get rid of the stupid RNG. Or at least tone it down.
Agreed, RNG and Clothing Stats were definitely were the worst parts of the game. what's the point of having so many clothing options only to get stuck seeing the same characters online.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Entirely agreed on both the RNG and the costume stats. The RNG, if it stays, needs to be toned down greatly, but the costume stats just need to go entirely. Or at least allow you to decide how to attribute points to said stats, so you could still choose whatever outfits you wanted.
Twitter

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Never again please. RNG made playing the game a total chore, that I never turned back after unlocking my potential. Costume stats made a ton of outfits utterly useless. They should have no stats to them so we can see tons of cosplays without penalties.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Agreed, RNG and Clothing Stats were definitely were the worst parts of the game. what's the point of having so many clothing options only to get stuck seeing the same characters online.
Agreement here as well. Clothing Stats were so frustrating. I'd rather see a bunch of different avatars than the same outfits all the time because of the outfit stats.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Mon May 16, 2016 10:12 pm

So I'm sitting here trying to collect all the artworks from FlyThroughTime.com and I just went ahead and created an album for them: http://imgur.com/a/tGNrm
You must have faith in who you are.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:17 pm

dragondyle wrote:So I'm sitting here trying to collect all the artworks from FlyThroughTime.com and I just went ahead and created an album for them: http://imgur.com/a/tGNrm
Nice collection, its basically every promotional artwork for every movie and ps2 onwards era games. Very interesting. No raging blast 2 artwork in there.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 pm

nato25 wrote:
dragondyle wrote:So I'm sitting here trying to collect all the artworks from FlyThroughTime.com and I just went ahead and created an album for them: http://imgur.com/a/tGNrm
Nice collection, its basically every promotional artwork for every movie and ps2 onwards era games. Very interesting. No raging blast 2 artwork in there.
That's exactly what it is but it's so nice to get some awesome clean and logoless artwork. I actually just updated it with Raging Blast 2 and Movie 8 art! I also sorted it out a little better. I'm still waiting to see if Budokai Tenkaichi 3 art is even on the website since I have yet to see it (which I'm convinced isn't there).
You must have faith in who you are.