"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Yes, I was referring to base Broly or his controlled ohzaru form, even his regular SS with his Freeza armor. I mean, it's not the clothes they are giving us what I actually enjoy.

About saiyans not being able to start a fight already transformed, could that be fixed through an update or something? to change that small thing do we really need a new game? I know EA Sports fixed FIFA's calendar and other stuff too. Couldn't an update fix the issue with transforming?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat May 23, 2020 6:16 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm Yes, I was referring to base Broly or his controlled ohzaru form, even his regular SS with his Freeza armor. I mean, it's not the clothes they are giving us what I actually enjoy.

About saiyans not being able to start a fight already transformed, could that be fixed through an update or something? to change that small thing do we really need a new game? I know EA Sports fixed FIFA's calendar and other stuff too. Couldn't an update fix the issue with transforming?
It's more of a concious game design, rather than an issue. I don't think they'll add something like this until XV3.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon May 25, 2020 4:51 am

Koitsukai wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 pm Yes, I was referring to base Broly or his controlled ohzaru form, even his regular SS with his Freeza armor. I mean, it's not the clothes they are giving us what I actually enjoy.

Not only that, but your opponent in versus mode is not using any transformations at all and focuses just on stamina breaks, which breaks the idea of DB simulator for me, as only thing that you do is trying to overcome the AI mechanics as the AI is not that good.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:51 am

Not only that, but your opponent in versus mode is not using any transformations at all and focuses just on stamina breaks, which breaks the idea of DB simulator for me, as only thing that you do is trying to overcome the AI mechanics as the AI is not that good.
Yeah that's the worse thing in this game by far, you can't even fight proper opponents, because your character needing to transform can be fixed, you charge or you use some ki capsules but for the AI it takes them forever to transform, if ever, and when they finally go SS they have a tiny red bar left and can hardly withstand two more hits.

Which is crazy because in some PQs, you beat a bar out of Trunks and Goten and they turn SS, in other PQs less damage is needed for them to go full power. In versus mode, Gotenks just loses without ever transforming, and I don't think I ever got to fight SS3 Goku in versus mode. Like you said, it breaks the idea of DB simulator. Thank Kami they decided to have god forms as different characters and not transformations because we would've never got to fight them that way.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:07 pm

The AI has been rather terrible since the beginning. AI companions rarely, if ever, transform. Which really hurts if your AI companions are your alt characters and their abilities are only best when transformed, then choosing them becomes detrimental. This should've been fixed ages ago.

As far as the latest DLC leak goes...I'm just so sick of it. The longer they draw this out, the longer it'll take to just get a Complete Edition of XV2. Something I am just waiting on. I don't want to keep buying these tiny smidges of DLC with just 2 characters and a few new techs. It's not worth the cost. A complete edition of the game with all the DLC would be much more worth it as it'd cost less than fucking season passes and DLC bundles or stuck getting them one at a time.

Even if the new DLC is free, it doesn't change the fact it's just a marketing stunt to distract people and keep the franchise on peoples minds while they drag things out for as long as possible while people wait for an actual DBS continuation. Nothing really gets fixed or balanced and the gameplay itself quickly becomes boring. I am gradually becoming of the mind that XV3 will just never happen because what is being expected of it will be far more than what Dimps and Bandai are capable of delivering. So they might as well just keep XV2 on life support until the community finally abandons it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:47 pm

Working my way back into X2, and a lot of my criticisms of the characters you can play as still hold up.

Jiren is supposed to be really powerful, but his unique super attack is pain to land with max damage (which isn't all that much anyway, considering he's a melee fighter) and his overall attacks are...underwhelming. His ultimate hits like a freight train, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't "feel" like a great ultimate.

Blue Gogeta has a lot of unique moves, fast, and his power up option is very neat. But his ultimates are either redundant or just don't hit that hard. And one of his super moves, well, you're better off with spamming the weak ki blast than that.

Majuub, interesting. Wouldn't have minded if a little more was put into his Ki attack over strike, but overall, not bad.

Super Broly. Easy to use, but I would have preferred his evasion to be like classic Broly's and Kefla's, personally.

21. Very unique skillset and moves. Including her throw which gives her a bar of Ki everytime. Wouldn't have minded having both the version we got, and Majin 21 as well.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:30 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:47 pm Working my way back into X2, and a lot of my criticisms of the characters you can play as still hold up.

Jiren is supposed to be really powerful, but his unique super attack is pain to land with max damage (which isn't all that much anyway, considering he's a melee fighter) and his overall attacks are...underwhelming. His ultimate hits like a freight train, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't "feel" like a great ultimate.

Blue Gogeta has a lot of unique moves, fast, and his power up option is very neat. But his ultimates are either redundant or just don't hit that hard. And one of his super moves, well, you're better off with spamming the weak ki blast than that.

Majuub, interesting. Wouldn't have minded if a little more was put into his Ki attack over strike, but overall, not bad.

Super Broly. Easy to use, but I would have preferred his evasion to be like classic Broly's and Kefla's, personally.

21. Very unique skillset and moves. Including her throw which gives her a bar of Ki everytime. Wouldn't have minded having both the version we got, and Majin 21 as well.
I always felt that Jiren was lackluster, yes. He was upgraded and now he is a beast at melee fighting, and one of his supers takes half a bar! but yeah, that yellow blast he throws sucks, it looks good but it deals little damage. Power Rush I absolutely love but it is so hard to land, and most of the times it has to do with lame AI programming. You can even be doing it and your teammates get in the way and kick your enemy away.
I think if his other ultimate was, I don't know, that Beerus giant ki ball attack that is so easy to do and deals a lot of damage, then it'd be a pretty great character. Because I can't believe they gave him that shitty ray of ki as an ultimate.
Of course, it would be better if they actually put some real attack from the show like the glare thing or his final attack that made MUI appear.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:30 am I can't believe they gave him that shitty ray of ki as an ultimate.
Of course, it would be better if they actually put some real attack from the show like the glare thing or his final attack that made MUI appear.
Certainly nothing a 2nd preset can't fix, one which he's in his full power state.
I'd personally like to see this as an ultimate:

For what it is worth, there's a full power Jiren with this as his super attack in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Which is also developed by the same devs as Xenoverse 2. So chances are they might do the same for him in Xenoverse 3.
Just my take on it really :D

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:30 am I can't believe they gave him that shitty ray of ki as an ultimate.
Certainly nothing a 2nd preset can't fix, one which he's in his full power state.
I'd personally like to see this as an ultimate:

For what it is worth, there's a full power Jiren with this as his super attack in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.
Which is also developed by the same devs as Xenoverse 2. So chances are they might do the same for him in Xenoverse 3.
Just my take on it really :D
For the love of Shin I can't understand why shirtless Jiren never became available. That absence is one of the main reasons I need to move to PC and start enjoying the mods.

Good thing FighterZ included pretty much every Jiren move ever, maybe except his failed attempt to knock out 3rd Omen, including the one you shared.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 am

FighterZ has complete Jiren, probably thanks to the fact that he was released a long time after Super ended.
Jiren in XV2 sadly feels like promotional inclusion and somehow, when I tried him ages ago, it felt boring and incomplete, same as I feel about the Super Broly in XV2.

Btw. I am happy that Chronoa will be free and I hope, that it is the last DLC. As I have bought everything in this game, I want to have it complete and move away from Dragon Ball games except for FighterZ and move into deep DB slumber, before some new series comes up with new and interesting games that will accompany it.

I had this fatigue after PS2 era, with Raging Blast 2 being the only game I bought and now I feel I will take hiatus again.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:29 am

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 am Jiren in XV2 sadly feels like promotional inclusion and somehow, when I tried him ages ago, it felt boring and incomplete, same as I feel about the Super Broly in XV2.
That's all it was really, just have people buy into the hype while it is still there. I mean just look at the Dragon Ball Super TCG for example. Usually the booster packs/boxes wouldn't be out of stock so fast. But lemme tell you, the Tournament of Power ones we're sold out REAL FAST after release.

Back on topic, I'm still disappointed we got MUI instead of UI Omen. At least Omen would've made more sense to have along with the current Jiren imo.
But then again, just look at MUI's ultimate. Godly display is clearly an improvised move they made for the game.

Also here's another good example of what to expect for both full power Jiren and GoD Toppo's possible ultimates: https://youtu.be/3Ih-vEEgIu4?t=88

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:37 pm

About MUI I'll say at least he got upgraded because when introduced it was not even a decent glass cannon. He had major stamina issues and one attack would just do him in. Good thing they fixed it, Jiren and Broly where already pretty dull.
And yeah, that ultimate they came up with had nothing to do with the character, but it does deal a lot of damage. Couldn't they get a draft or something to include his first beating on Jiren or the final angered combo that defeated him?
Jiren and MUI came out during that two-week hiatus between 129 and 130 IIRC. I understand MUI being rushed, but Jiren? he's been providing attacks since october '17. He deserved a better second ultimate.

I always thought they were going to give us more, shirtless Jiren, regular SS Broly or his Ikari form, maybe even Toppo. I also dreamed of Omen but he never had a chance. I don't know why Fuu or 21 were prioritize over interesting, fresh and important main continuity characters.

I don't know why I'm still not playing it on the computer with every single mod available.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:26 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 am Btw. I am happy that Chronoa will be free and I hope, that it is the last DLC. As I have bought everything in this game, I want to have it complete and move away from Dragon Ball games except for FighterZ and move into deep DB slumber, before some new series comes up with new and interesting games that will accompany it.
The only news we have currently is the mutterings of the next Super movie. No new game announcements as far as I'm aware and no new anime. Maybe they'll launch DBS2 after the next movie, or they'll just skip the anime altogether and just do the manga followed up with a movie.

Unfortunately for the gaming scene, expectations for what a XV3 will have will far outstrip what the dev's are going to end up going with. Also, even though Dimps has made both XV and Heroes doesn't mean the same team worked on both. Same company, different departments. Probably different buildings altogether. Kinda like how gaming companies have different dev teams and departments in entirely different countries. It's how Ubisoft could knock out several AC titles within a year.

What we need is a mix of Xenoverse, Budokai 3 and Fusions. Could just be me, but Budokai 3 was the best of the PS2 era DBZ games. It had the most polish for the 2.5d style of fighting, plus beam struggles, stage destruction and chain-stage movement. Something the XV games are so wholly lacking in. Certainly it'd be difficult to use that system with 3v3 battle systems.

And yet it would be epic for 2 characters to be in a beam struggle and have a teammate break away from their opponent to distract/interrupt your opponents concentration and allow you to win the beam war. Like when Vegeta blasted Cell during his beam struggle against Gohan, allowing Gohan a moment's distraction to go all out. That would be quite the addition to have and make PVP that much more intense since it means keeping all of your opponents distracted and stopping them from sniping your teammates.

But again, this is why any XV3 game that may come out will be woefully below expectations.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:20 am

The Supreme Kai of Time will seemingly be a free character unlocked through winning some online tournament.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 pm

She better at least just be a participation reward, because that's gonna make a lot of people mad.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 pm She better at least just be a participation reward, because that's gonna make a lot of people mad.
Translations say she's a reward for just participating in the second week (I assume you just have to do a certain amount of matches or something), first-week being custom loading screens and the third week something about customization options. Oh, and we're getting Mascotts (Pets basically).
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:16 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:46 pm She better at least just be a participation reward, because that's gonna make a lot of people mad.
Translations say she's a reward for just participating in the second week (I assume you just have to do a certain amount of matches or something), first-week being custom loading screens and the third week something about customization options. Oh, and we're getting Mascotts (Pets basically).
So she's not really free. Because if you have to participate Online and you either can't connect or have canceled your subscription service (PS+/MSN), then you get jack nothing. And what about players who're suffering due to recent events and are unable to play during that time? Well you don't get her either.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Well, that's a ripoff of a swansong for this game. :thumbdown:

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 am

Zelvin wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:10 pm Because if you have to participate Online and you either can't connect or have canceled your subscription service, then you get jack nothing.
This ain't the only problem, there's another thing that worries me. Time in time I've participated in the World Tournament and Raids to get certain things. I always got the right amount of points for the nickname rewards, but never received them. So if they even make her a drop, I think they should fix other rewards too while they're at it.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:40 am This ain't the only problem, there's another thing that worries me. Time in time I've participated in the World Tournament and Raids to get certain things. I always got the right amount of points for the nickname rewards, but never received them. So if they even make her a drop, I think they should fix other rewards too while they're at it.
Sucks they can't fix their own shit. I just feel Tika (that's what I call her) shouldn't have to be earned. If she's going to be part of "free" DLC, then make her freely available to everyone without having to earn her through some specific event. Especially since her models been part of the game since Day 1. Especially when you consider the fact modders added her to the game years ago. And with her Heroes version.

So they're not even giving people anything that modders haven't given us already. Which I'd say, again, just means that people will end up abandoning the console versions of these games and just go with the PC version. Given the modding community actually fixes a lot of issues and gives players tons of content.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player