"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:45 am

While I doubt I will buy it at all, that trailer really made this DLC look juicy to me. I wasn't so curious about the XV2 story since Fuu's debut. I will keep an eye on for Broly vs Jiren and, specially, if the whole Bardock thing will actually go anywhere this time around.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:04 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:10 am I do not remember Kale being mentioned in the advertising...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsdVtyP0ENw

Releasing on November 5th

Also, I imagine Frieza has a sense of payback at the end there and has no idea why.

Also also, the end list of new content made me realize that the place they're fighting in is a new stage. Thought it was just exploading namek all this time.
Interesting. It looks like Trunks is torn on his job as a Time Patroller. It's his job to protect the timeline, but here, protecting the timeline means helping the bad guy kill lots of people. This is the kind of thing I've been wanting out of Xenoverse.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:49 am

As much as I want Xenoverse 3 - if they keep putting out DLC's with Extra Missions & Story, I'm not that mad tbh.

Here's my 2022 DLC wishlist

Pack 1:

Kid Vegeta, King Piccolo (Young), Kami and Master Roshi

Story would be Vegeta as a kid coming to earth during the fight against King Piccolo. Everyone is getting demolished so - King Piccolo & Kami fuse to fight off Kid Vegeta. (Fused character would just be King Piccolo but stronger)

Pack 2:

Dyspo, GT Vegeta, GT Goten and Adult Gotenks

Story would be What if The Tournament of Power took place after the end of GT

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:39 pm

Kale was a nice surprise, I'm digging this DLC, even if it has base Gogeta (lol). It would've been nice if base Gogeta could go SS, SS2 and SS3, or just SSG, but oh well. Guess there was not much they wanted to do with Gogeta.

So, what happened with Sign Goku, GT Vegeta, Dyspo, ToP 18??... that poll was like 6 months ago.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:16 pm

Who won that poll, anyway? Honestly, I haven't played the game in forever. I didn't get my vote in. Don't remember if the winning character was announced.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:33 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:16 pm Who won that poll, anyway? Honestly, I haven't played the game in forever. I didn't get my vote in. Don't remember if the winning character was announced.
No idea, I just googled it and there are no poll results, the polls took place in february and march. Every google entry is from 10 months ago.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:51 pm

I think they're going to have a full "Conton City Vote" DLC pack in 2022 with all the of the content that we've voted for in the past and then what's going to be voted for in the next few updates.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:04 am Interesting. It looks like Trunks is torn on his job as a Time Patroller. It's his job to protect the timeline, but here, protecting the timeline means helping the bad guy kill lots of people. This is the kind of thing I've been wanting out of Xenoverse.
I said this two fucking years ago in the Xenoverse 3 Wishlist Thread.
Zelvin wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 pm Looking over, I'd rather they not try to follow Heroes. There is zero consistency in Heroes and the plot, if you could even call it one, is absolutely nonsensical and exists just to sell merch. That's it. It has no other purpose.

From the very beginning, one of the major things I want for XV3 is a legitimately good story. Not just rehashing the same shit for a third time (when really it's the 30th time. Every DBZ game runs through the same story arcs over and over again). Let there be actual consequences for choices. Let there be a factional divide. Have the Time Breakers still at it with Fu in charge and with Towa returning. After all, you've got time travel. Nobody gonna stay dead that way. Let the Time Patrol split apart between those following Chronoa, aka Supreme Kai of Time, aka Tika (because I love calling her Tika), and those that've come to follow Trunks who has become blinded by his desire to stop all evil across time.

Have it be that Trunks' rejection of Gohan's death in his future and his guilt over it drives him down a dark path, one he's being pushed down by unseen forces. Have Trunks lead his Time Champions to stop every evil across time to create a "Perfect Timeline". And have Tika lead her Time Enforcers as those dedicated to maintaining the continuity of the universe, for better or worse.

And let the player CHOOSE where they side. Have them follow the break after graduating from the Patroller Academy, watch as the internal conflicts make themselves present on missions and watch as the camaraderie between Trunks and Tika breaks down with the constant efforts against Fu and his Time Breakers divides their stances more and more until Trunks forms his own group. Let the players choose where they end up, and have their decisions carry weight. And even the chance to change their own heading, to correct their own course and joining a different faction.

There is an unbelievable degree of potential in this and in such a story. But they refuse to put in the effort to make it happen.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:04 pm

I'm surprise that they are not using DBZ Broly for the Super Broly story chapter.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:04 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:04 pm I'm surprise that they are not using DBZ Broly for the Super Broly story chapter.
Why would they?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:04 pm I'm surprise that they are not using DBZ Broly for the Super Broly story chapter.
It's based on the new movie, not the old ones, & Super Broly's more popular right now than the original. Why WOULD they?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:14 am

Scsigs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:39 am
It's based on the new movie, not the old ones, & Super Broly's more popular right now than the original. Why WOULD they?
Z Broly vs Super Broly

Fu brings Z Broly to fight Super Broly or something

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:30 am

I can understand why someone would expect Z Broly to be part of it, considering SDBH uses Z Broly even for slice of life episodes.

But yeah, it would require for XV2 to have SS4 Broly because you can't keep having Z Broly or the awful villanous Broly stepping in for Gogeta fucking Blue. Unless you are introducing base or Ikari Broly, but they are not doing that either...

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 am

Seems kinda pointless to say Z Broly would not be able to put up a fight against the current one in a game where Metal Cooler fights Blue Vegeta, or in this very same trailer first form Frieza from years ago can pierce Xeno Trunks with a beam. They could easily use Fu's power ups/debuffs to give a quick excuse to the whole thing. And even without that, Tapion fought Jiren

I am happy about it not happening for once tho, just because I find Jiren vs Broly a way more interesting match up. Let the Brolys fight in Heroes as we all know it will eventually happen.

Not to mention, Z Broly is not a new DLC character so they probably don't feel the need to force him on the story unlike Jiren and the U6 saiyans.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:25 pm

Unless Z Broly is empowered by that villainous thing and came stronger than his original power. Because XV2 outright states that that's the case with Metal Cooler. He's empowered by that villainous thing, and if you pay attention to what characters say, you will see Cooler himself stating he's got stronger, "reborn with a new power" as they put it. That's how he can fight against Vegeta.

In a way, Tapion didn't necessarily fight Jiren. You can select Jiren as your opponent and Tapion will fight Zamasu. By the way, Tapion is also empowered by the villainous thing.

As for Trunks, it is what Whis says. For some reason people keep forgetting this.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:40 pm

That is awesome that they are going to continue with even more dlc. More than 5 year worth of post launch content. I wonder if that is a record for a fighting game. I wonder how many people are actively working on Xenoverse at this point. It must be a pretty low number for this to make financial sense.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm

Gamma 1 & 2 are likely going to be DLC for next year. The other characters that they haven't done yet for DLC:

Garlic Jr
Hatchiyack
Bio Broly
Tarble
Aka
The Trio of Danger
Catopesra
The other two Kamikaze Fireballs members
GT Goten
General Rildo
Baby (Non-Vegeta)
The other Shadow Dragons
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:30 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm Gamma 1 & 2 are likely going to be DLC for next year. The other characters that they haven't done yet for DLC:

Garlic Jr
Hatchiyack
Bio Broly
Tarble
Aka
The Trio of Danger
Catopesra
GT Goten
General Rildo
Baby (Non-Vegeta)
The other Shadow Dragons
I don't see Hatchiyak and Garlic Jr getting in. Hatchiyak for being a giant character, and Garlic Jr coming from an overall "meh" movie.

And Bio Broly? Er, not even Z Broly fans like him. So I see that as a hard no.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:36 am

The story is really never to move forward with Fu huh? The Bardock thing didn't amount to anything at all. I should have expected it, but still... Disappointed but not surprised I guess.

Btw does anyone know how SSG works? How does it compare to Blue/Evolution?
Grimlock wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:25 pm Unless Z Broly is empowered by that villainous thing and came stronger than his original power. Because XV2 outright states that that's the case with Metal Cooler. He's empowered by that villainous thing, and if you pay attention to what characters say, you will see Cooler himself stating he's got stronger, "reborn with a new power" as they put it. That's how he can fight against Vegeta.up.

In a way, Tapion didn't necessarily fight Jiren. You can select Jiren as your opponent and Tapion will fight Zamasu. By the way, Tapion is also empowered by the villainous thing.

As for Trunks, it is what Whis says. For some reason people keep forgetting this.
That...is literally my entire point tho? The supervillain thing is one of Fu's power ups. So using that Z Broly can easily fight the DBS one. Not entirely sure what you are trying to say there. Also Cooler con easily be refering to the fact that he is now a proper Metal individual, which still would not explain he would fight Vegeta without the dark power up. Z Broly's entire thing is coming back stronger as well, it's his bs way of powering

Tapion was specifically brought in by Fu to help fight Jiren, as that was the thing that was different in the timeline to begin with. Trunks fought Black and Zamasu all by himself in the original one. It's barely an excuse, specially as Tapion will still fight Jiren once Zamasu is down/sealed. You can't just ignore the entire set up for the sake of your argument.

It doesn't fit even with the incompetent XV2 TP Trunks to fully let his guard down in a mission with Frieza, and even then is as bad as it was back in RoF with Sorbet's ring, but again Goku had excuses to have his guard down then unlike Trunks. I didn't forget it, it's the nost obvious comparison.

The point is saying Z Broly is too weak to fight the DBS one in Xenoverse of all things is just nonsense, at least with Fu around. Pretending otherwise given what has happened before doesn't work.
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:30 pm
Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm Gamma 1 & 2 are likely going to be DLC for next year. The other characters that they haven't done yet for DLC:

Garlic Jr
Hatchiyack
Bio Broly
Tarble
Aka
The Trio of Danger
Catopesra
GT Goten
General Rildo
Baby (Non-Vegeta)
The other Shadow Dragons
I don't see Hatchiyak and Garlic Jr getting in. Hatchiyak for being a giant character, and Garlic Jr coming from an overall "meh" movie.

And Bio Broly? Er, not even Z Broly fans like him. So I see that as a hard no.
Hatchiyak does have non-giant forms, trough I kind of doubt he is a priority right now as well. He might work for filler until they can add Super Hero dtuff but I feel like there are more other important and/or requested characters to be added before.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:47 pm

I was really let down with the stories for this DLC. I wasn't impressed with the last DLC either, though I didn't think much of it because I thought they were just leading into something big with this, but now I'm beginning to think I was right about DLC 6/Infinite History being a fluke.

I didn't expect much from Broly's part of the pack, the trailers made it seem pretty straight forward: Fuu takes most of Gogeta's energy and you, and the girls, and Jiren subdue him. I'll concede that there isn't much story-wise they could have done to make it interesting, but a cool cutscene like they did with Janemba and Goku/Gohan would have been cool. I mean Jiren, Broly AND Kefla are all in the same room so I figured that'd be more than enough reason for them to splurge out with the animation a little bit.

I thought the Bardock part of the Legendary Pack was a little bit better, but once again, the only part that truly wowed me was the CG cutscene. They should have held off on showing Trunks getting shot with the beam early because that and the following scene with Bardock was kind of awesome. I do wish they made Trunks a bit more competent though. It doesn't really feel like he's growing, or not as much as he is in Super and SDBH. The XV crew should give him Super Saiyan 3. SS4 would be even better.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time