"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am

Seems these are all the characters we'll be able to vote for now/this time. I'm all for a diverse cast, but I'm going to vote for GT Vegeta for sure. It's not often we get base GT Vegeta (as well as GT Gohan and GT Goten for that matter, hopefully they are being considered too), so...

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am

Yeah. I've never seen GT Vegeta in any video game, ever. We hardly got to see him even in GT, lol.
I'd vote for him too, even though his hair seems taller than in GT, considering Sign Goku will probably be UI Goku with black hair, the same skillset with one or maybe two different moves.

I don't care at all about the U9 wolves, ToP 18 doesn't bring anything new to the table, she could be added just as a skin (they added another UI Goku), and Dyspo... well, I'd like to see him I guess, but again, he'll be getting one or two distinctive moves and then the default skillset everybody gets. He doesn't have that many moves to begin with.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 am

Other than design, would GT Vegeta bring anything new?

Have 0 interest in another Goku. Wolf boy? Would be interesting. And Flash? Er, I mean, Dyspo? With Jiren and Toppo, that would be 3 Pride Troopers. :thumbup:

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Yeah, i agree with you guys.
I really want GT Vegeta, but i don't want a copy-paste character. I'd like to see new moves/combos ecc (with ss3 if possibile).
Bergamo and Dyspo would be great as well. Fresh new characters are always welcome.
I don't want UI Goku or C-18. For me, it would be a total waste. Why would i pay for a copy-paste character? (Remember c-17 ToP)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 pm

It would be great if GT Vegeta came with SS4. But that's an already existing character, so SS is all we'll be getting. It seems we are conforming to half-ass new entries due to a 5-year-old game, because really, a major GT character that doesn't go SS4 is neither here nor there.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Check out the new trailer. They are teasing new stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUhHg5yLBM

FINALLY you can change your hairstyle!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:23 pm Check out the new trailer. They are teasing new stuff.

Wonder if you could purchase all content for a small price at stage as I've never bought any dlc.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:33 pm
Gt91 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:23 pm Check out the new trailer. They are teasing new stuff.

Wonder if you could purchase all content for a small price at stage as I've never bought any dlc.
Same here, i only bought the first season pass (with blue vegeth).
On the PSN, i saw all the new DLCs at 15€ (i think super and extra packs). It's not that bad.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am Yeah. I've never seen GT Vegeta in any video game, ever.
He was in GT Transformation on GBA and DBZ Infinite World on PS2, but that's it. I don't count Heroes or mobile games.
He surely deserves to appear in XV2. Second character would be Dyspo imo. Others are complete waste of slots at this point. There are characters that deserve more to be added like Rildo or even Caulifla/Kale alone would be better picks, Don't ever let me start with OG DB because it's disgusting that they can't add at least kid Goku, King Piccolo and damn Roshi, ROSHI :x
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Looks like something is finally coming from that vote for whether or not to leave TP Trunks' timeline alteration in place or not. Of course, people were going to vote to keep it. The other option is boring. But now we finally get to see the result of that decision.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Anyone checked to see if the Free Update stuff is up yet or not? I keep checking to see if there's a new update or not, but there doesn't seem to be (I'm on Version 1.25 currently).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 am Other than design, would GT Vegeta bring anything new?
The only thing that is a guarantee here is probably a new moveset for him. I don't recall anything specific skills wise that he used in GT that we don't already have in he game. Final Shine Attack is most likely going to be his Ultimate alongside whatever basic Ultimate they give him. Will come with a new Super Soul too. Perhaps a new Super attack could be the blast which he kills Nappa with.

But other than that I would not know. I'm all ears for any ideas of what he could have. :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:21 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:20 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:40 am Other than design, would GT Vegeta bring anything new?
The only thing that is a guarantee here is probably a new moveset for him. I don't recall anything specific skills wise that he used in GT that we don't already have in he game. Final Shine Attack is most likely going to be his Ultimate alongside whatever basic Ultimate they give him. Will come with a new Super Soul too. Perhaps a new Super attack could be the blast which he kills Nappa with.

But other than that I would not know. I'm all ears for any ideas of what he could have. :think:
They could give him two-handed Final Shine since one-handed version was only used ONCE in anime, yet appears in every game for some reason and that reason most likely is english dub that decided to call two-handed version "Final Flash" :crazy: It also looks better when launched with one hand, but still, they should give him two-handed version if they add him so he at least has something different.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:54 pm

I can’t believe they are Still pumping out content for this game. I thought the Kai of Time would be it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:38 am

Possibly cool and interesting dialogues with certain characters.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:22 am

I don't know what you guys are on about. Base form Vegeta is the most boring option available. I'd rather get Dyspo or Bergamo. They're characters that don't already exist in the game, with unique powers and abilities. While I doubt they'd make Bergamo increase in size the more damage he takes, maybe he starts off weak and his stats increase as he takes damage. Dyspo has the potential to be really powerful, depending on how they implement his super speed. Maybe he could have a counter for super and ultimate attacks that can be activated from a distance, like how he would attack Hit just before he could time skip in the anime. Even Ultra Instinct Sign/Omen has potential, given how the Mastered Ultra Instinct version has skills that were clearly made up, rather than based on anything in the anime. I mean, he basically just had Spirit Bomb, but white. You know that thing Goku did with Kefla, where he used a Kamehameha to skate across their attack, get up close, and then fire it in their face? That could be in the game.

Android #18 doesn't have much to offer either, though, other than an alternate costume.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:43 am

About the dlc, the final part is great!
I hope to see more in the next game :0

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:51 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:22 am You know that thing Goku did with Kefla, where he used a Kamehameha to skate across their attack, get up close, and then fire it in their face? That could be in the game.

This is already in the game. There's a second skin for UI Goku, he's the same as the first one but with that skill

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am And Dyspo... well, I'd like to see him I guess, but again, he'll be getting one or two distinctive moves and then the default skillset everybody gets. He doesn't have that many moves to begin with.
I dunno man, Dyspo has plenty of stuff for a unique moveset. They could even be implemented in interesting ways too.
  • Circle Flash (can either be the normal ki attack or the rush version from Legends)
  • Light Bullet (time the attack correctly for massive damage)
  • Afterimage Blast (the attack he tried using on Fireza)
  • Enhanced Hearing (a counterattack that is active when his ear twitches)
  • Justice Crush (two strong blasts fired in a swirling manner that's hard to avoid)
  • Justice Pose D (slight increase in speed)
  • Super Maximum Lightspeed Justice Kick (his ultimate from Dokkan)
  • Cannon Maximum (his ultimate from Heroes)
  • Super Maximum Lightspeed Mode (an awoken skill that greatly increases his speed and strike stats)
The only attacks I know would be borrowed from other characters would probably be the Energy Blade and Justice Kick, but everything else is pretty much new. There's enough stuff here for at least 2 different preset movesets.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:49 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:35 am
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am And Dyspo... well, I'd like to see him I guess, but again, he'll be getting one or two distinctive moves and then the default skillset everybody gets. He doesn't have that many moves to begin with.
I dunno man, Dyspo has plenty of stuff for a unique moveset. They could even be implemented in interesting ways too.
  • Circle Flash (can either be the normal ki attack or the rush version from Legends)
  • Light Bullet (time the attack correctly for massive damage)
  • Afterimage Blast (the attack he tried using on Fireza)
  • Enhanced Hearing (a counterattack that is active when his ear twitches)
  • Justice Crush (two strong blasts fired in a swirling manner that's hard to avoid)
  • Justice Pose D (slight increase in speed)
  • Super Maximum Lightspeed Justice Kick (his ultimate from Dokkan)
  • Cannon Maximum (his ultimate from Heroes)
  • Super Maximum Lightspeed Mode (an awoken skill that greatly increases his speed and strike stats)
The only attacks I know would be borrowed from other characters would probably be the Energy Blade and Justice Kick, but everything else is pretty much new. There's enough stuff here for at least 2 different preset movesets.
Yeah, I hear you, I'm not saying he lacks moves or anything, only that I doubt they'd work that much on him, specially if he's part of a poll and he's not even getting exclusivity. I mean, Jiren and Broly, the strongest characters to date(to date when they were included) were given default ultimate attacks. I don't trust the devs to give Dyspo the treatment other, more relevant characters didn't get.

It'd be great, but who knows? if we could only edit their movesets...