"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Why don't they give Time Breaker/Supervillain bosses new forms and attacks? I wouldn't expect them to go overboard like Heroes, but anything is better than the same purple aura they've been sticking on characters since XV1.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:18 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm They released a trailer and said another trailer is coming next week with more story content.
Will we get the missing fights & moments from the Androids arc they didn't adapt for some reason?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:00 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:18 pm
TheMajinRedComet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm They released a trailer and said another trailer is coming next week with more story content.
Will we get the missing fights & moments from the Androids arc they didn't adapt for some reason?
If you're talking about the parts with #19 and #20, those characters aren't in the game. lol

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Always has been strange that they skipped 19 and 20. It had to be intentional. They are pretty plot relevant. I bet 19 is somebody's favorite character.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:09 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 pm Always has been strange that they skipped 19 and 20. It had to be intentional. They are pretty plot relevant. I bet 19 is somebody's favorite character.
I bet Cui is someone's favorite character too. Where's the Cui representation? lol

No, but seriously, though. The original game was very thorough with its retelling of DBZ history, up until Frieza transforms. Then we start skipping forms, we don't see Frieza return to earth with Cold, we skip 19 and 20, we get nothing of Cell until he's in final form, and the Buu arc has such little representation. The sequel filled in some of the gaps, but even then, it was mostly with DLC, so we don't see characters like Dabura in the main quests.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:06 pm

I think both 19 and 20, as well as Freeza and Cell's second forms will be released as DLC eventually. Bojack and 13's transformations as well.
TheMajinRedComet wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 pmI bet 19 is somebody's favorite character.
He's definitely mine. I have him as my wallpaper on all my devices. Long live Android 19.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:47 pm

I'd like to see Cell and Frieza's other forms, but I can understand why they didn't include them as they are merely stepping stones to their final forms which were more important.

On the other hand, not including Bojack's and 13's transformations makes absolutely no sense to me. To include their 1st forms but no their 2nd is just a strange choice. It would make so much more sense to either include both or just their final forms.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm

I'd like to get more GT characters. I'm not asking for the usual GT Vegeta, GT Gohan, etc... but Rejikku, Mucchi Mocchi and his mutant whip, the two forms of Ruudo and the several Rildo forms, including the Mega Cannon Sygma. I'd like to have the individual machine mutants as well, not just their fused form. But no way we're getting them not fused with Rildo.

I'm daydreaming, I know, first I guess we'd be getting Buu's, Freeza's and Cell's missing forms, the two missing androids, Mecha Freeza and King Cold. But at best, I think we'll get Buutenks, 2nd form Cell and maaaayyyybe Mecha Freeza.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm I'd like to get more GT characters. I'm not asking for the usual GT Vegeta, GT Gohan, etc... but Rejikku, Mucchi Mocchi and his mutant whip, the two forms of Ruudo and the several Rildo forms, including the Mega Cannon Sygma. I'd like to have the individual machine mutants as well, not just their fused form. But no way we're getting them not fused with Rildo.

I'm daydreaming, I know, first I guess we'd be getting Buu's, Freeza's and Cell's missing forms, the two missing androids, Mecha Freeza and King Cold. But at best, I think we'll get Buutenks, 2nd form Cell and maaaayyyybe Mecha Freeza.
What we get depends on how long they plan on supporting the game. The longer the support lasts, the more likely we are to get these characters. We're getting Pikkon this late in the game's life, so anyone's possible.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:06 pm

I wonder if Xenoxerse 3 was intended to come out this year, and they just got delayed because of Covid. Maybe these latest packs are just here to tide us over until the next game is ready.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm

I have a feeling we will see a Fighterz 2 before we get xenoverse 3 but you never know they might be making money off the free to play version of xenoverse. I also worry that Dimps could be working on Street Fighter 6. It could be a few years.
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"

OrangeBanana
Beyond Newbie

Post by OrangeBanana » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:55 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:06 pm I wonder if Xenoxerse 3 was intended to come out this year, and they just got delayed because of Covid. Maybe these latest packs are just here to tide us over until the next game is ready.
At this stage I am inclined to believe that Xenoverse 3 either doesn't exist or it has become a completely different game and became the start of its own series. The DLC for XV2 is just a way for dimps and bandai to get some money for minimal effort.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:59 am

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm I have a feeling we will see a Fighterz 2 before we get xenoverse 3 but you never know they might be making money off the free to play version of xenoverse. I also worry that Dimps could be working on Street Fighter 6. It could be a few years.
I have no idea, what they can come up with with FighterZ 2...
The game is almost perfect. Maybe ditch the tag battles and make a proper fighter?
Otherwise there is nothing to add really, except for new characters or different story mode.

But on topic, I would like for Fu at least, to get his super form.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:09 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:59 am
TheMajinRedComet wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm I have a feeling we will see a Fighterz 2 before we get xenoverse 3 but you never know they might be making money off the free to play version of xenoverse. I also worry that Dimps could be working on Street Fighter 6. It could be a few years.
I have no idea, what they can come up with with FighterZ 2...
The game is almost perfect. Maybe ditch the tag battles and make a proper fighter?
Otherwise there is nothing to add really, except for new characters or different story mode.

But on topic, I would like for Fu at least, to get his super form.
Meh... I don't like Fu's portrayal in Heroes. He was a lot more fun when he was just a mischievous teenager with too much power, using his time traveling powers just to have fun and see what happens. Once he was done having his fun, he'd fix things. He was an enjoyable chaotic/neutral in Xenoverse. Heroes basically turned him into a proper villain, taking large groups hostage and forcing them to fight for his evil experiments. His super form could possibly work in the right context, but he uses it once he's mad, further slotting him into the serious villain category.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:08 pm

I only need one more trophy to obtain the platinum. Thank goodness you don't have to collect 100 percent of the skills and equipment. Has anyone actually 100 percent this game? I wonder if they are going to add more trophies with the legendary pack like they did with the extra pack?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:58 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am From DBShype: DB XV2 DLC Pack 12 will be released in Spring. TOP & Other World Saga confirmed.
I lol'd hard at "Pack 12" I mean for realsies it is kinda impressive that Xenoverse 2 (2015) keeps getting these instead of a proper sequel. Also when XV3 comes out will all these DLC characters will be available?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:13 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am From DBShype: DB XV2 DLC Pack 12 will be released in Spring. TOP & Other World Saga confirmed.
I lol'd hard at "Pack 12" I mean for realsies it is kinda impressive that Xenoverse 2 (2015) keeps getting these instead of a proper sequel. Also when XV3 comes out will all these DLC characters will be available?
Xenoverse 2 was 2016... even if it should've been 2015. People aren't lying when they say Xenoverse 2 feels more like Xenoverse 1.5, and only with all the new DLC does it feel like more of a follow-up than an expansion pack.

Better constant DLC than 3 new games that barely add anything new besides characters and stages, but big thumbs down for how overpriced the DLC is. Xenoverse 2 with all DLC must cost something like three times the original base price. If it keeps going, its muscles are going to give out before Vegeta FighterZ 2 comes back.

I'm reminded of the old PS2 and 7th gen games. The promise behind Raging Blast and Burst Limits' lackluster rosters and design was that Spike was going to create more character models in the engine over time, so while Butst Limit was bare bones, Burst Limit 3 would be something amazing. And Raging Blast was excused because it was an HD game and they needed time to make new higher quality models but still needed their yearly DB game, so by Raging Blast 3 it was going to reach the same heights as the PS2 Sparking! titles.

But this was the second Dark Age of Dragon Ball, and it turned out they didn't have enough budget or sales to justify doing this.

When it comes to Xenoverse 3 and just how flush with zeni Dragon Ball is now with the likes of Xenoverse 2, FighterZ, Dokkan Battle, Heroes, and Kakarot selling gangbusters, I wonder if they're doing the same thing: creating loads of character models that will then go directly into the third game.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:22 am

TheMajinRedComet wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:08 pm I only need one more trophy to obtain the platinum. Thank goodness you don't have to collect 100 percent of the skills and equipment. Has anyone actually 100 percent this game? I wonder if they are going to add more trophies with the legendary pack like they did with the extra pack?
I am still unable to actually pull off the last challenge with Elder Kai, when you have to input the combos properly...
The game is so broken on input, that it is mostly impossible for me, even tho I am seasond fighter player...
Have no problem to pull through MK, Guilty Gear or FighterZ, but I can't nail the timing here following the 3D space at the same time I guess?
And I feel sometimes, that the commands are not registered properly in some instances.

Will appreciate any help on this :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:27 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:22 am
TheMajinRedComet wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:08 pm I only need one more trophy to obtain the platinum. Thank goodness you don't have to collect 100 percent of the skills and equipment. Has anyone actually 100 percent this game? I wonder if they are going to add more trophies with the legendary pack like they did with the extra pack?
I am still unable to actually pull off the last challenge with Elder Kai, when you have to input the combos properly...
The game is so broken on input, that it is mostly impossible for me, even tho I am seasond fighter player...
Have no problem to pull through MK, Guilty Gear or FighterZ, but I can't nail the timing here following the 3D space at the same time I guess?
And I feel sometimes, that the commands are not registered properly in some instances.

Okay, so to answer the original question, it is impossible to legitimately get 100% of the equipment in the game, since that includes equipment for beta testers. The beta test was only available on PlayStation. But I'm not sure if you're counting that in your 100%. Since the game keeps getting updated, 100% is a constantly moving goal post.

As for the Elder Kai challenge, that one took me forever too. From what I've heard, the problem is that not all characters move at equal speed, so when you zip around behind an enemy to knock them back, how much of a window you have for additional inputs can vary. The fastest character types, I hear, are female Majin. So if you REALLY want to complete that last challenge, maybe make a female Majin character.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:46 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:27 am
MCDaveG wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:22 am

Okay, so to answer the original question, it is impossible to legitimately get 100% of the equipment in the game, since that includes equipment for beta testers. The beta test was only available on PlayStation. But I'm not sure if you're counting that in your 100%. Since the game keeps getting updated, 100% is a constantly moving goal post.

As for the Elder Kai challenge, that one took me forever too. From what I've heard, the problem is that not all characters move at equal speed, so when you zip around behind an enemy to knock them back, how much of a window you have for additional inputs can vary. The fastest character types, I hear, are female Majin. So if you REALLY want to complete that last challenge, maybe make a female Majin character.
OK man! Will try that after so many years! :lol:
Thanks. Makes sense yeah, as also the different CaCs have different combos :)
Looking forward to it.