"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 16, 2016 10:48 am

First teased May 16th:
Kanzenshuu wrote:Bandai Namco has launched a new website at www.flythroughtime.com with the teaser, "A New Dragon Ball Project is Coming":

The site, which features a slew of promotional artwork from previous Dragon Ball films and games, also contains a countdown timer set to complete tomorrow (17 May 2016)

Dragon Ball XENOVERSE, the franchise's most recent home console video game, was announced in the July 2014 issue of V-Jump (which, incidentally, leaked via scans online 17 May 2014). XENOVERSE saw the player travel through the timeline of the Dragon Ball franchise to correct changes made by the villains Mira, Towa, and Demigra. As of February 2016, XENOVERSE has shipped over three million copies worldwide.
Formally announced May 17th:
Kanzenshuu wrote:Bandai Namco's flythroughtime.com countdown/teaser website has unveiled Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 coming in 2016 to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with a new website at dragonballxenoverse2.com.

The company provided the game’s first trailer on their YouTube channel, tasking the player with protecting Dragon Ball's past as well as teasing, "outcomes you wished were different."

The original Dragon Ball XENOVERSE, developed by Dimps for Bandai Namco, was announced in May 2014 and launched in February 2015 for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam) internationally. The game saw a user-created character teaming up with Trunks and the Kaiōshin of Time to correct anomalies and disruptions to the timeline caused by the villains Mira, Towa, and Demigra. As of February 2016, the game had shipped over three million copies worldwide.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Re: Bandai Namco New Dragon Ball Project 2016

Post by Blade » Mon May 16, 2016 10:55 am

I'm going to assume this is what we've all been long expecting - the inevitable Xenoverse sequel. :D

Props to Bandai Namco for the really well thought-out and purposeful promo site!
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon May 16, 2016 10:59 am

Oh Cool and the way it lines up with the announcement of the first Xenoverse game is a great touch.
Maybe I'll buy this game!

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 16, 2016 11:09 am

OH GOD THIS IS GREAT. yesyesyesyesyes. Hype.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 16, 2016 11:10 am

dbgtFO wrote:Oh Cool and the way it lines up with the announcement of the first Xenoverse game is a great touch.
Maybe I'll buy this game!
It'll probably follow the exact same launch cycle too.

I'm super excited! Hopefully the game getting more than a year of dev time will result in more polish and lots of content.

With the site showing all the movies and lots of game box arts and such I get the feeling this game is going to be huge.

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Mon May 16, 2016 11:19 am

If it is Xenoverse 2, I hope they've fixed up the combat so spamming isn't possible anymore, and RNG is outright removed. They were the two issues I had with the first game.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Mon May 16, 2016 11:42 am

Fuck yes! This time they better include Chaozu.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 16, 2016 11:54 am

Please, let it be Xenoverse 2! PLEASE!
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:59 am

Grimlock wrote:Please, let it be Xenoverse 2! PLEASE!
:thumbup:

24 hours.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 pm

I enjoyed Xenoverse. Looking forward to this if it is the sequel. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Mon May 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Please, let it be Xenoverse 2! PLEASE!
:thumbup:

24 hours.
I can't wait that long! GET THE TIME MACHINES!

Super excited to see what this will be, if it is Xenoverse 2, seems like they heard the fan demand for more movie stuff and looks like more GT stuff too. Hopefully this provides a lengthy campaign that goes through everything!

Though here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn the currently incomplete super in...that may leave things a little cliffhangy and sloppy in my opinion. BoG and RoF making it in would be cool though.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon May 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Interesting... seems like it won't be just another DBZ game with a few extras from movies & GT. :thumbup:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 16, 2016 12:22 pm

voltlunok wrote:Though here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn the currently incomplete super in...that may leave things a little cliffhangy and sloppy in my opinion. BoG and RoF making it in would be cool though.
I dunno. I kinda want the Universe 6 fighters.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 pm

I would suggest you guys to calm down. Do not jump to conclusion that it is Xenoverse. Otherwise you are going to be in for a big disappointment when they announce different from what you are expecting.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Greator

Post by Greator » Mon May 16, 2016 12:24 pm

I hope it isn't Xenoverse sequel. Never got into the game too deeply and the whole avatar thing just didn't work for me.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 16, 2016 12:25 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:I dunno. I kinda want the Universe 6 fighters.
Well, Xenoverse had characters included that weren't involved with the story.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Greator wrote:I hope it isn't Xenoverse sequel. Never got into the game too deeply and the whole avatar thing just didn't work for me.
As long as it's not another card game like Heroes or Dokkan Battle I'll be happy.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
voltlunok wrote:Though here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn the currently incomplete super in...that may leave things a little cliffhangy and sloppy in my opinion. BoG and RoF making it in would be cool though.
The U6 fighters being included would be fine. But I think shoving Super in (Specially since all we'd really get is the U6 tournament arc.) would be a bit of a bad idea. It'd feel like an incomplete and rushed section...like "WELCOME TO SUPER! *5 or 6 fights later!* Bye! Thanks for enjoying Dragon Ball Super!" that kind of thing. Since I think BoG and RoF sections would go more by the movies then the Super retellings. I could be wrong though...we'll see.
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I would suggest you guys to calm down. Do not jump to conclusion that it is Xenoverse. Otherwise you are going to be in for a big disappointment when they announce different from what you are expecting.
Eh, I think everyone is keeping that salt shaker ready just in case it isn't Xenoverse 2. I am, if it isn't and its something neat then I'm down for it but if it is XV2 then I'm also down for that. People are just letting their excitement out more then anything.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:41 pm

They know we know.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 16, 2016 12:42 pm

voltlunok wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
The U6 fighters being included would be fine. But I think shoving Super in (Specially since all we'd really get is the U6 tournament arc.) would be a bit of a bad idea. It'd feel like an incomplete and rushed section...like "WELCOME TO SUPER! *5 or 6 fights later!* Bye! Thanks for enjoying Dragon Ball Super!" that kind of thing. Since I think BoG and RoF sections would go more by the movies then the Super retellings. I could be wrong though...we'll see.
They COULD just include them in Parallel Quests.