"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:08 pm

Fu is going to have a field day when the Granola arc gets added in the Xenoverse series in the future.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 am

Alrighty, got the Free Update and the DLC. Seems okay-ish so far.
Except one thing and it's a really big Bug for the Hero Colosseum:
All my Figure Slots were reset to 100 even tho I already bought all other Slots up to 250 way back.

So now I have 231 of 100 Figures, but only the first 5 Pages (so the first 100 Figures) can be watched, selected, upgraded, etc. and for some Reason the Game let me (before I noticed this Bug) and still allows me to summon more Figures, that simply vanish/ed. They are not among my other Figures and not even in the overall Figure List that simply shows what you had at least once at some Point. So the Figure Summons turned into a big Black Hole for a lot of my TP Medals today and there is no Way around it.

Any one else who has this Problem? Restarting or restoring Licenses won't help so far.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:47 pm I was really let down with the stories for this DLC. I wasn't impressed with the last DLC either, though I didn't think much of it because I thought they were just leading into something big with this, but now I'm beginning to think I was right about DLC 6/Infinite History being a fluke.
And here's the thing. The Story where this takes place (DBS Broly fight and ToP) would never, ever happen. The whole thing relies on the Audience/Player completely ignoring facts about these points in time. That being that Whis is Right There during the Broly fight and is fully aware as to whom Fu is and would slap his shit silly for even showing up. And in the ToP, you had every Angel and GoD in the audience, as well as the Grand Priest and the Zeno's, none of whom would permit Outside Interference in these events. The moment Fu tries to interfere, Zeo would erase him. Period. Not unlike when Frost tried to attack after being eliminated from the tournament.

This is the kind of storytelling that just infuriates Me. Because it relies on either the audience not caring about the material or the writers treating their audience like they're morons and won't notice why this wouldn't work. At least with the Patroller appearing during the ToP in earlier missions there's at least the context that the Patroller is just replacing a fighter on the roster who'd become "Sir Not-Appearing in this Fim", not unlike with the U6 Tournament story. But here it wants you to ignore the fact that the most powerful beings in all Twelve Universes are just going to sit there and let Fu interfere with events occurring directly in front of them.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:51 am

Damn, they made an extra prerendered cutscene for you losing a mission. Have they ever done that before?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:07 pm

Kanassa wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:51 am Damn, they made an extra prerendered cutscene for you losing a mission. Have they ever done that before?
I don't think so

Best cutscene out of the DLC tbh. Broly looked off in the CGI cutscenes and I couldn't take the Jiren vs Broly cutscene seriously

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:16 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:07 pm
Kanassa wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:51 am Damn, they made an extra prerendered cutscene for you losing a mission. Have they ever done that before?
I don't think so
Broly looked off in the CGI cutscenes and I couldn't take the Jiren vs Broly cutscene seriously
I think that's a problem with his actual model. His traps aren't big enough in proportion to his delts, his neck is also way too long, and his torso's too wide. Full Power Jiren's model is kind of rough-looking too.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:03 am

Ok, played through what this DLC brought.

PQs are ok, though the 1 where you fight several rounds of Vegetas & Gokus can go die in a hole & the 1 with Kale wanting to learn about Fusion hurt my head a bit.

Story DLC: Too short. Overall, I was able to get through both segments in less than half an hour & it didn't continue the way I thought the first one was going & were directionless because the overall story didn't really progress & there were no other developments. Definitely disappointing. Also, I played on Series X & some of the pre-rendered cutscenes had some really weird frame drops. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, seems really odd that Chronoa didn't forgive Trunks 100% for changing history several DLCs ago considering it seemed he paid for doing so, iirc, or they forgave him & the shit was dropped. Just some unfortunate developments. Also, why would preventing Bardock from being overpowered & not dying when he should've be "interfering with your own timeline" for Trunks? It's not like he's gonna repeat saving Gohan. He even basically says as much. That's some weird ass logic if you ask me just to contrive a way for Trunks not to travel back with the player character right then, especially with everything else he's helped with in regards to time patrolling. Just confusing.

All around just meh.

Also, I forgot that Johnny Yong Bosch was voicing Broly, so that threw me for a loop for a second, it seems they had Daman Mills voice Frieza's new dialogue (RIP Chris Ayres), & some of Broly's screams sounded like Sean Schemmel to me for some reason.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:52 am

Zelvin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:47 pm I was really let down with the stories for this DLC. I wasn't impressed with the last DLC either, though I didn't think much of it because I thought they were just leading into something big with this, but now I'm beginning to think I was right about DLC 6/Infinite History being a fluke.
And here's the thing. The Story where this takes place (DBS Broly fight and ToP) would never, ever happen. The whole thing relies on the Audience/Player completely ignoring facts about these points in time. That being that Whis is Right There during the Broly fight and is fully aware as to whom Fu is and would slap his shit silly for even showing up. And in the ToP, you had every Angel and GoD in the audience, as well as the Grand Priest and the Zeno's, none of whom would permit Outside Interference in these events. The moment Fu tries to interfere, Zeo would erase him. Period. Not unlike when Frost tried to attack after being eliminated from the tournament.

This is the kind of storytelling that just infuriates Me. Because it relies on either the audience not caring about the material or the writers treating their audience like they're morons and won't notice why this wouldn't work. At least with the Patroller appearing during the ToP in earlier missions there's at least the context that the Patroller is just replacing a fighter on the roster who'd become "Sir Not-Appearing in this Fim", not unlike with the U6 Tournament story. But here it wants you to ignore the fact that the most powerful beings in all Twelve Universes are just going to sit there and let Fu interfere with events occurring directly in front of them.
I don't think the angels can fight for real. They're supposed to remain a neutral force, and will disappear if they fight seriously. Zeno, however? Yeah, not sure why he wouldn't delete Fu. The Zenos use the rule of cool, so maybe if Fu was able to convince them that what he's doing would be fun to watch, they'd leave him alone. But if he just shows up and starts chaos, he'd be gone.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:53 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:52 am I don't think the angels can fight for real. They're supposed to remain a neutral force, and will disappear if they fight seriously. Zeno, however? Yeah, not sure why he wouldn't delete Fu. The Zenos use the rule of cool, so maybe if Fu was able to convince them that what he's doing would be fun to watch, they'd leave him alone. But if he just shows up and starts chaos, he'd be gone.
Nothing says they would need to fight for real to drop Fu, especially given they're capable of effortlessly stopping their GoD's from rampaging and the same rule may not apply to the Grand Priest. So yeah, no reason why that would even be allowed to happen. Plus again, no Bardock Special where he fights Chilled. If you're gonna recycle Bardock again, at least give us that to play with. And we still have ALL of the Original Dragon Ball to play with that keeps being forgotten about.

Plus if they're just going to steal my ideas regarding Trunks and a split from his duties, at least go all the way with it and not this lazy nonsense.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:23 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:03 am Ok, played through what this DLC brought.

PQs are ok, though the 1 where you fight several rounds of Vegetas & Gokus can go die in a hole & the 1 with Kale wanting to learn about Fusion hurt my head a bit.

Story DLC: Too short. Overall, I was able to get through both segments in less than half an hour & it didn't continue the way I thought the first one was going & were directionless because the overall story didn't really progress & there were no other developments. Definitely disappointing. Also, I played on Series X & some of the pre-rendered cutscenes had some really weird frame drops. Anyone else have that happen to them?

Also, seems really odd that Chronoa didn't forgive Trunks 100% for changing history several DLCs ago considering it seemed he paid for doing so, iirc, or they forgave him & the shit was dropped. Just some unfortunate developments. Also, why would preventing Bardock from being overpowered & not dying when he should've be "interfering with your own timeline" for Trunks? It's not like he's gonna repeat saving Gohan. He even basically says as much. That's some weird ass logic if you ask me just to contrive a way for Trunks not to travel back with the player character right then, especially with everything else he's helped with in regards to time patrolling. Just confusing.

All around just meh.

Also, I forgot that Johnny Yong Bosch was voicing Broly, so that threw me for a loop for a second, it seems they had Daman Mills voice Frieza's new dialogue (RIP Chris Ayres), & some of Broly's screams sounded like Sean Schemmel to me for some reason.
Unfortunately you can't expect too much from this story, it has about the credibility of heroes to me at the moment. Even in the base game when Vegeta beat Janemba with a final flash (and it was just the Vegeta from that actual fight from the movie I am pretty sure), I just threw in the towel on the story.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:23 pm

I cleared the new stories in like 20 minutes, the Bardock and the Broly fights. Unimpressed with both, although Broly being a tank that cannot be dent was ok.

Bummer the Broly fight ends with the beam struggle with Jiren, no cutscene or anything, I guess we have to assume Jiren's performance makes Cheelai wish for Broly to get sent back to Vampa, thus the timeline not being changed and everything being ok at the Time Patrollers HQ?

The new characters I have yet to try them out, Jiren has some nice moves, 10 ki-bars without needing meditation makes sense, the eye glare attack looks sick and the improved Power Rush with eye glare attack is also cool.

Base Gogeta has a few cool tricks but nothing Blue Gogeta or SS Gogeta didn't have already. Oh and he does not go SS, EVER, as an ally or against him, as usual. Why not add the whole plethora of SS transformations? SS2, SS3, or SSG? why have two SS Gogetas? lol

I have not played with the U6 girls yet but Kale looks good.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:23 pm He does not go SS, EVER, as an ally or against him, as usual.
This has been my concern since I play this game, it's so lame that allies or foes never transform.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:08 am

Venus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:10 pm This has been my concern since I play this game, it's so lame that allies or foes never transform.
Enemies do, but only in scripted events in missions. And that's it. The AI is utter garbage. One could argue that's intentional to make people play online and form teams, but that's still no excuse to have such a poor companion AI. Never mind constantly having abilities being nerfed with each update and forcing people to reset their stats. Which can only be done with the Dragon Balls. Which is absolute horse shit. We can Pay to level up faster and now we can use TP medals to chance our hair and skin color, but we can't pay to reset the stat distribution. We're still stuck grinding the Dragon Balls to do it for every one of our alts.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:34 pm

nato25 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:23 pm Unfortunately you can't expect too much from this story, it has about the credibility of heroes to me at the moment. Even in the base game when Vegeta beat Janemba with a final flash (and it was just the Vegeta from that actual fight from the movie I am pretty sure), I just threw in the towel on the story.
I mean, I was expecting a new life & energy to be in the DLC, which would then lead to a possible new, full game that would run with that, but no. Apparently not.
As for the stuff like the Vegeta thing you pointed out, I'm playing the XV games because I'm a fan of DB & wanna see these characters & settings played with in cool ways, which seems to be the appeal of Heroes too. However, the first game's story was only ok, while the second's was clearly a copy of the first game's with very little changed or added on to. The DLCs have mostly been ok, mainly because they're new content. The first DLC with Fu, though, had an interesting vibe to them that renewed my interest in where the series could go from here. With an interesting anti-villain in Fu, choices of what you can do with the changing of the timeline (with Fu's being the better ones, which provide an interesting dynamic there), & other things I found fun that they were experimenting with. I just hope the future DLCs pick up because otherwise it's just gonna be disappointing.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:34 pm
nato25 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:23 pm Unfortunately you can't expect too much from this story, it has about the credibility of heroes to me at the moment. Even in the base game when Vegeta beat Janemba with a final flash (and it was just the Vegeta from that actual fight from the movie I am pretty sure), I just threw in the towel on the story.
I mean, I was expecting a new life & energy to be in the DLC, which would then lead to a possible new, full game that would run with that, but no. Apparently not.
As for the stuff like the Vegeta thing you pointed out, I'm playing the XV games because I'm a fan of DB & wanna see these characters & settings played with in cool ways, which seems to be the appeal of Heroes too. However, the first game's story was only ok, while the second's was clearly a copy of the first game's with very little changed or added on to. The DLCs have mostly been ok, mainly because they're new content. The first DLC with Fu, though, had an interesting vibe to them that renewed my interest in where the series could go from here. With an interesting anti-villain in Fu, choices of what you can do with the changing of the timeline (with Fu's being the better ones, which provide an interesting dynamic there), & other things I found fun that they were experimenting with. I just hope the future DLCs pick up because otherwise it's just gonna be disappointing.
I agree on the Fu DLC, the one where you have the 5 fights and you do it with all the mentors. I can not believe the amount of effort that was in that (I believe) free DLC. There was mountains of dialogue, so many unique scenarios and branching paths. It really blew my mind.

So yeah when they come back and charge you for characters they (in my mind) are clearly developing for XV3 and just selling early and throw 2 weak scenarios at you, it kind of baffles me. Maybe those nice looking CGI cutscenes really blow the budget (which is then even more baffling because there is a great 'lose scenario cutscene' that we never really get in these DLC)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:34 pm I mean, I was expecting a new life & energy to be in the DLC, which would then lead to a possible new, full game that would run with that, but no. Apparently not.
The thing is with the Fu bits, you never see what the consequences are of these actions. And, by Tika's own admission with what Fu himself said about the nature of his time rifts, is that they are separate and contained events that do not and cannot affect the timeline. As such, whether you succeed or fail; no matter the outcome of the events in these bubbles, there are zero consequences. The only thing that happens is Fu collects the energy from the event and then the time rift is erased.

It basically just means nothing you do matters. Period. So even if you let Trunks help Bardock and Fu kill Freeza in the past, it doesn't affect or change anything. It just makes Trunks feel a little better. There is no continuation once the time rift is closed and wiped out. We never get to see how these changes affect the future in those timelines since those timelines never occur. We don't see Bardock leaving to retrieve Goku, taking him back from Grandpa Gohan and probably killing the old man, before returning to planet Vegeta as its new Super Saiyan King. Goku remains Kakkarot. He's not there to defend the Earth, if Bardock and the Saiyans even left it standing. Leaving the Earth to either be ruled by the Red Ribbon Army or dominated by King Piccolo.

This is also why the earlier games did this premise better with the "What If" scenarios. Like "What if Raditz lost his memories and became a Z-Fighter?" It was an interesting idea where he helped fight against Nappa and Vegeta and eventually aided them against Freeza.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:49 am

I just hope we get some endgame with Fu, that he powers himself to some new form (as the twist in Heroes was quite cool - but actually, he is basically something like Cell, having the cells of the heroes again).

Demigra was fine villain, I liked the first Xenoverse in that regard. Mira and Towa in sequel tho, made sense to continue their story, I just didn't like Mira's SSJ4 knock off boss form and I think, Fu should have been more connected to the story and not just being afterthought and Dabura was clearly a miss - not having interaction with his sister was a missed opportunity.

I would like to get some endgame with Fu and then we can say goodbye to the Xenoverse as it is. Still would love something more like Online, in a form of RPG or MMO, but I guess that is dead and burried.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:29 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:49 am I just hope we get some endgame with Fu, that he powers himself to some new form (as the twist in Heroes was quite cool - but actually, he is basically something like Cell, having the cells of the heroes again).

Demigra was fine villain, I liked the first Xenoverse in that regard. Mira and Towa in sequel tho, made sense to continue their story, I just didn't like Mira's SSJ4 knock off boss form and I think, Fu should have been more connected to the story and not just being afterthought and Dabura was clearly a miss - not having interaction with his sister was a missed opportunity.

I would like to get some endgame with Fu and then we can say goodbye to the Xenoverse as it is. Still would love something more like Online, in a form of RPG or MMO, but I guess that is dead and burried.
Same. Would love to see some Online inclusion or more MMO elements. In the mean time, I play one of the DBO private servers.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:43 pm

I have been playing the game again after not touching it for months. I still haven't gotten all the DLC yet (I will wait for it to be on sale on the eShop). I do hate how stupid the AI is and how terrible the camera is. 5 years later and they still haven't fixed these issues.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:43 pm I have been playing the game again after not touching it for months. I still haven't gotten all the DLC yet (I will wait for it to be on sale on the eShop). I do hate how stupid the AI is and how terrible the camera is. 5 years later and they still haven't fixed these issues.
I can't believe the allies never help, they are just there to interrumpt your comboes and NOT help when you need them to. I can't count how many times I managed to land Power Rush and then some fucker kicks the enemy far away and just ruin everything.

When people say "I don't know what they could give us for XV3 besides new characters" I just have to say to myself: these people never played this game. Because the AI is just sooooo bad, I can't believe it was developed in 2016 and not in 1993.

I thought maybe the new characters could be programmed in a way to bypass the silly programming of 2016 when the game came out, but no... Kale is just as useless as Dodoria in that regard.