"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri May 06, 2022 9:28 pm

So what's going on here? Why is there still no Xenoverse 3?

Cool that they've supported this game for as long as they have but at this point they've added in that many characters that they could easily have made a Xenoverse 3 out of it. They've added in pretty much everyone from Super of value that there's nobody left for Xenoverse 3 to even add at this point.

The game is 6 years old. It was a mid gen PS4 game, it looks quite dated now. Why aren't they moving on?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat May 07, 2022 3:33 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:28 pm The game is 6 years old. It was a mid gen PS4 game, it looks quite dated now. Why aren't they moving on?
DB games lately have a problem with reaching number 3. No RB3 either :(
But for real I assume it has to do with PS5 underselling/having stock issues. Another problem would be if XV3 uses newest technology then it wouldn't be able to be ported to Switch which leads to another sales loss.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat May 07, 2022 6:49 am

I'm sure they could just make a game for the PS4/Switch and just port it to the PS5. Games like RE8, Horizon and God of War Ragnarok are still on PS4.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 07, 2022 7:22 am

Everything slowed down during covid, companies recently got on track, but I think that one of the main reasons is not a stock shortage of PS5, but that it is a new system you have to develop for. Still not many games on it and mostly AAA stuff in development. But if you look on the promo around PS5, all focus switched on PS5, even though PS4 cycle is not yet over.

I can imagine that they will announce something next year…
Plus franchise games were always lesser on budget and not on par with the system visual wise since PS4 with taking over basically PS3 games. Except for FighterZ.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue May 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:49 am I'm sure they could just make a game for the PS4/Switch and just port it to the PS5. Games like RE8, Horizon and God of War Ragnarok are still on PS4.
yeah but idk if ppl want a new game thats held back by old hardware from circa 2013 when bandai can make something that looks even better on PS5. i do agree that what will be left to add? XV games should have paced itself better instead of going all in so quickly. Only way can see XV3 coming is if they let Bandai do its own thing with the story instead of waiting on the slowness of the manga and anime. DB has to break that rule that they can only have characters if they come from the manga or anime android 21 proved its possible you just need to let the design team come up with original chacters and stories for XV3

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue May 10, 2022 8:09 pm

I bet they won't even make a Xenoverse 3 now. It's been that long and any sequel they'd make would have to be on the PS5 and would require a graphical overall.

They aren't about to do all new character models for every single character that featured in Xenoverse 2 and it's DLC and then add more on top of it.

They'll pull a Burst Limit again. They'll do a new game, completely different title and it'll look better than ever and it's roster will go back down to 40 or 50 characters again.

Same thing Spike did following Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and then moving to PS3 with Raging Blast.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue May 10, 2022 8:22 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:09 pm I bet they won't even make a Xenoverse 3 now. It's been that long and any sequel they'd make would have to be on the PS5 and would require a graphical overall.

They aren't about to do all new character models for every single character that featured in Xenoverse 2 and it's DLC and then add more on top of it.

They'll pull a Burst Limit again. They'll do a new game, completely different title and it'll look better than ever and it's roster will go back down to 40 or 50 characters again.

Same thing Spike did following Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and then moving to PS3 with Raging Blast.
Perhaps but knowing bandai and its scummy practices they would probably resell the same DLC characters to us again under the guise of "look better graphics" which could work depending on how the game looks.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue May 10, 2022 10:33 pm

What they can add, besides better graphics (and a lighting system that doesn't make everyone look plastic) are new mechanics. It's important that XV3 feels like a new game. They can't just add Mecha Frieza to the roster and call it a day. New characters can be used for marketing, but they're not enough.

Personally, I want more emphasis on the story, with a branching path based on player choice. They already experimented with that with one of the DLC. We have a brand new history that was born from Toki Toki's egg, remember? Go wild. Let us be the ones to manipulate history to our choosing.

I'd also like an overhaul to how transformations work. Right now, it's like why bother being anything other than a Saiyan? So many transformations are useless or obsolete compared to another. Plus, it's kind of a waste, IMO, having three awakening skills for Super Saiyans. You could cover more ground if you don't treat Super Vegeta or Future Super Saiyan like separate things that look identical. Instead of Super Saiyan 4, why not Super Saiyan 4 instead? That's a transformation with only one step, unless you want to use Heroes content (which I'd also be fine with). They could add buff forms for humans and Frieza race characters, based on Roshi and Frieza's 100% power forms. They could add playable Great Ape forms (normal and Golden), and fix Namekian giant form (giving it to Slug this time). They could add the Red Eye form for Namekians, from Dragon Ball Online, Super Buu forms for Majin characters.

They could also add more options for playable races. New races could include Kais, Androids, beast men (with animal characteristics, like OG Dragon Ball), Heeters, Imps (short magical characters like Garlic Jr. and Bibidi). Probably not all at once, but maybe one or two of these. They could also allow for skinny male Majins and fat female Majins.

While unlikely, if they really wanted to make us happy, they could add optional weapons, like swords we could actually use that aren't just decorations for our backs, or Goku's Power Pole. Maybe have a range of personalities for CaCs, so our character uses different facial expressions or emotes in cutscenes depending on what you choose. Like a jolly personality to make them act happy and energetic in most situations, or a grumpy personality to make them more like Vegeta. Just something to make repeat playthroughs a little less monotonous.

It would also be nice if we didn't have such a limited number of character slots... Seriously, why is that still a thing? We should be able to make as many characters as we want.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed May 11, 2022 11:10 am

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:09 pm I bet they won't even make a Xenoverse 3 now. It's been that long and any sequel they'd make would have to be on the PS5 and would require a graphical overall.

They could always have a Xenoverse sequel but have it have a new title - a soft reboot maybe

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Wed May 11, 2022 12:28 pm

It'd probably just be like Raging Blast. It'll play the same as Xenoverse 2 but under a different name. Gives them an excuse for why the game wouldn't have 100 characters then because they said it's a spiritual successor or something.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat May 14, 2022 7:10 am

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat May 14, 2022 10:09 am

Gt91 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:10 am Dyspo confirmed!!!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1525423396716269569
HOLY SHIT, fuck yeah! Been waiting for him for years...

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 pm

We also got Icarus as a CC Mascot <3

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:43 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:10 am Dyspo confirmed!!!

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1525423396716269569
Hell yeah! Now we get all 3 of the most powerful Pride Troopers!

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun May 15, 2022 3:24 pm

Dyspo should have come ages ago. Well before Ribrianne anyway.

Probably Bergamo next then.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun May 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Hopefully the Trio the Dangers also eventually get added and the U2 Magical Girls get completed too.

In my ideal world, each Universe would get three representatives in the game, but I realize some, like U10, might simply have no good choice to pick from.

I'll try anyway, though :lol:

U2: Brianne, Kakunsa and Rozie
U3: Koichirareta, Catopesla and Maji Kayo
U4: Ganos, Monna and Majora
U9: Bergamo, Lavenda and Basil
U10: Murichim, Obuni and Rubalt

U6 and U11 are plenty represented, though I wpuldn't mind the addition of Saonel, Pirina and Khaseral to the game as well.

Still, such a great announcement! Really thought it was going to be GT Vegeta, which would have been the biggest waste ever. Just slap a costume on the existent base Vegeta and throw him some of SSJ4's moveset on him and call it a day. No need to waste time adding him or Android 18 as new characters.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 26, 2022 5:44 am

So I have my xbox back, how do I unlock Chronoa now?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:25 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:44 am So I have my xbox back, how do I unlock Chronoa now?
Here you go.
https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/dragon-b ... me-unlock/

She has some pretty good moves that are also unique (along with her style of fighting).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:26 pm

And Dabura is back. Let's see what else they have in store for him, hopefully it's not just him wanting to give his nephew an earful. I won't mind Mira and Towa returning if it means a great family reunion. :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:20 pm

So... if I understand that Conton City News Vid right... it means there's gonna be a third Character, besides Omen Gokuu and Dyspo, as well? They said something about wishing for another Warrior AFTER they showed that Dyspo Trailer after all.
And the Way Dabra talked... maybe there's gonna be even a fourth one no one saw coming, which wasn't among the Vote Characters? Because somehow I doubt he happened to pick a new Puppet right from those 2 (or 3), especially since it should be impossible to possess Gokuu (for some BS Reason).
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019