"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nightzus

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nightzus » Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Nightzus wrote:
From what I could read/understand from the scan, the text next to Trunks' face basically implies that we might be able to change some history events.
It reads like "Preventing changes in the History is the mission of the time patrollers. But there are surely events you wished were changed. In this new opus, could it be (implied: possible)?"
Given the way, people have been mentioning that it does not look exactly like Future Gohan in the clip, maybe you can save Gohan, but still fool Trunks into believing he died, thus letting history run its proper course, until it gets revealed later on to Trunks, that Gohan didn't die?
That would be one hell of joke for Trunks...
If you pay attention you can also see Bardack's facial expression looks more determined. He does not look like he is about to get blown by a semi-planet size kikohô but more like he is about to do something against it. Maybe we can help him survive against Freeza? But then that would be a huge "what-if" story. Gokû would receive the visit of Radditz AND their father, that could be brilliant actually.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm

New site: http://dbx.bn-ent.net/

I hope they release something new on here before E3, I seriously can't wait almost a month for something, and I have exams during E3 :(

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 20, 2016 2:58 pm

It was confirmed the next pieces of information just on E3. I think I won't be at home too by the time XV2 gets information.

EDIT: Scan of V-Jump translated.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri May 20, 2016 5:11 pm

That translated V jump scan specifies that the game will be released in winter. I know that was expected, but if the translation is accurate we at least have a solid time frame for the games release.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Nitpicking, but that scan is from Weekly Jump, not V-Jump.

Also, confirmation that data from Xenoverse is allowed to be imported into Xenoverse 2 (though it doesn't mention what data specifically). Neat...for people who can get the game on the same console they played it on the first time.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri May 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I really don't know what could be transferred over other than your character's looks. I hope it allows us to edit them because I'd like to change the name of my last Xenoverse character... lol.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 20, 2016 5:57 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Nitpicking, but that scan is from Weekly Jump, not V-Jump.

Also, confirmation that data from Xenoverse is allowed to be imported into Xenoverse 2 (though it doesn't mention what data specifically). Neat...for people who can get the game on the same console they played it on the first time.
Wait really? Fuck I'm getting it on PC. I had Xenoverse 1 on PC. Don't feel like buying the game again til maybe a very good steam sale comes up.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 20, 2016 6:01 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:I really don't know what could be transferred over other than your character's looks. I hope it allows us to edit them because I'd like to change the name of my last Xenoverse character... lol.
It could be something simple, like importing your first character to serve as the hologram hero seen in the trailer.

OR it could go as far as to import all the characters you created and stuff you unlocked from the first game so you don't have to obtain it all again. We'll have to wait and find out.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm

This won't impact on the Western release of the game but it may impact sales overall. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will only be available on PS4 in Japan:
A Namco Bandai spokesperson told Kotaku, “The game will be a PlayStation 4 exclusive in Japan. It will be available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in North America and Europe.”

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 20, 2016 6:16 pm

The Xbox One, I can understand but hasn't Japan been PC-friendly longer than North America? That's strange.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Nejishiki wrote:The Xbox One, I can understand but hasn't Japan been PC-friendly longer than North America? That's strange.
Nope! At least not in terms of game development for the PC platform and handling ports for PC. Japan has a rather hit and miss track record in that department and that is chalked up to some Japanese developers just don't give a crud about PC, FROM is a good example of that. There is also the fact that Japan is still going through their mobile gaming boom I believe, so...releasing on PS4 is a safe bet anything more would probably be throwing money into the garbage for them.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 20, 2016 6:28 pm

Wow, anime sure has given me the wrong impression!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:46 pm

I wonder why Japan never got behind the Xbox?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 20, 2016 7:59 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:I wonder why Japan never got behind the Xbox?
Four big reasons:
1) Lack of third party support
2) Not enough killer app games besides Halo
3) By the time the Xbox dropped, Sony and PlayStation were already a dominant force in Japan.
4) Price

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 20, 2016 8:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Four big reasons:
1) Lack of third party support
2) Not enough killer app games besides Halo
3) By the time the Xbox dropped, Sony and PlayStation were already a dominant force in Japan.
4) Price
5) gaijin tech from PC manifacturer vs Japanese brand that rocks since PS1.
6) the gamepad is effing huge, as I have smaller hands and playing fighting games is quite challenging for me on xbox, PS gamepad is like made for me.
Let's think prejudically, that Japanese people have smaller hands than Europeans, lol, I have Japanese hands :D
Also, the X360 gamepad felt somewhat clunky in response.
7) Kinect, besides being great technology, is obselete with lack of support, as the games for Kinect are not good + mostly, people in Japan don't have that much space.
And frankly, I didn't as well with X360, before moving to huge flat in the downtown, my Kinect active range was starting on my sofa and if I removed the sofa, I would have my back on the wall, so unplayable.

Yeah, and the lack of Japanese games on XBOX would be probably huge thing in Japan I think. That + lack of Sony exclusives (in games like Batman Arkham Asylum or Mortal Kombat) was one of the main reasons that we switched back to Play Station on current gen. Even Wii was more fun to play on than XBOX.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Nejishiki wrote:The Xbox One, I can understand but hasn't Japan been PC-friendly longer than North America? That's strange.
In Japan, PC is for work mainly. It is the same like with Apple in USA and Europe. Some few games were released on it, yes, but it's made, advertised and perceived as work platform only.
Game consoles are made for playing games :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 pm

The Xbox as a console never appeal to the Japanese audience. They didn't catch on to them like the Playstation did. I remember the original Xbox was laugh from Japanese gamers during the early-mid 2000's.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 am

Because Sony is Japanese and the best thing ever after PC?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 21, 2016 5:27 am

HAIKEN-00 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:But then theres Cabba, who said Saiyans eventually evolved out of tails and further proven with Trunks and Goten.
We can assume that Goten and Trunks were born with it, since 1/2 Saiyan's have been confirmed to have tails, but were removed by their mothers to prevent the Oozaru transformation. Or, Toriyama simply forgot about it.
Both guidebooks & Toriyama himself have confirmed that Goten & Trunks were born without tails.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat May 21, 2016 7:50 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:That translated V jump scan specifies that the game will be released in winter. I know that was expected, but if the translation is accurate we at least have a solid time frame for the games release.
So there's still a chance it could get delayed to 2017, either to January or February.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.