"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:39 pm

I suppose it depends on what other Xeno Heroes elements they might want to bring in? They could always have their Time Breaker Minions, Masked Saiyan and Dabra: Xeno scatter across time and tackle the other side of the Online plot: rather than just collecting energy from one point in time, they could try and split as many timelines as possible and have the Time Storage Vault overload.

Though Xenoverse already kind of did that by twisting it into Demigra's plan: different method, same intended result. So who knows.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:29 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I suppose it depends on what other Xeno Heroes elements they might want to bring in? They could always have their Time Breaker Minions, Masked Saiyan and Dabra: Xeno scatter across time and tackle the other side of the Online plot: rather than just collecting energy from one point in time, they could try and split as many timelines as possible and have the Time Storage Vault overload.

Though Xenoverse already kind of did that by twisting it into Demigra's plan: different method, same intended result. So who knows.
Wasn't it also one of Towa's plans to make Mira the strongest fighter? I mean considering how Heroes shows this and DBO giving an example of his power at that point (by surviving a point-blank suicide blast from Bardock without taking an damage) they still have a lot to work with. DBO's timeline also explained how he used the Spirt Bomb to blow up New Namek so there's that as well.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:02 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:What I'm curious is about is how they'll be executing the plot with this one. I mean it's obvious Mira and Towa will return at some point, but will they focus on this time? I doubt they'll pull a Bowser and try the same plan again. XD
Well since its a video game, they could go as creative as they want. Correct me I'm wrong but Xenoverse is like the spiritual successor Dragon Ball Online and I know there's a lot of content there.

They've probably had like a long time to write out the story. Probably since Xenoverse 1 came out or when the development came out so maybe late 2014. So in other words, that's 1-2 years.

I think they'll execute like this or maybe. Salty Mira is motivated even more to fight you because sore loser and revenge and stuff. So he'll be going crazy in stealing energy and DNA from timelines and creating new timelines. Because of the mass disturbance, you'll be chasing after Mira timeline after timeline and will be forced to make decisions out of the game. What if, Villainous Evil Gohan and you're forced to kill Gohan and maybe thats the reason Trunks goes SSJ.

They're building their army, at some time we'll probably fight Evil Bardock. Then eventually Super Mira.

Something like that.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
The S wrote:I'm hoping Goku Black saga stuff is in so I can finally play as Mai in a fighter again.
Again? When was the first time? dont say the Psp evolution game
Tenkaichi 3. The Pilaf mechs were there.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:23 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:Tenkaichi 3. The Pilaf mechs were there.
She just appears to merge there, she isn't a playable character.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:30 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Wasn't it also one of Towa's plans to make Mira the strongest fighter?
It was, but that's been a motive in every game, including the first Xenoverse (where she thought he already was the strongest). I'm going to presume that if they're brought back for the sequel and aren't just sub villains again, they're going to need a meatier motive or else they're not going to be that interesting.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:52 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Wasn't it also one of Towa's plans to make Mira the strongest fighter?
It was, but that's been a motive in every game, including the first Xenoverse (where she thought he already was the strongest). I'm going to presume that if they're brought back for the sequel and aren't just sub villains again, they're going to need a meatier motive or else they're not going to be that interesting.
I believe her full plan was to make Mira strong enough to become the new king of the demon realm to replace Dabra. That way she could control the demon realm through a puppet king. Though I could be misremembering things again. Might replay the xenoverse story to fully remember things.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:10 am

No. Mira was already the new Demon King, She believed him to be the strongest from the moment she finished him, but claimed determination to make him stronger upon recovering his core at the end of the game.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No. Mira was already the new Demon King, She believed him to be the strongest from the moment she finished him, but claimed determination to make him stronger upon recovering his core at the end of the game.
Well at least she was smart enough to not mess with Dabora's death since that would cause reprecautions on her part.
Last edited by BlazingBarrrager on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:36 pm

E3 is near!
I hope we get some good stuff! The hype I have for this game is HUGE and I need some new content to quench my thirst.
What is everyone predicting that we'll get? A gameplay trailer? More new characters revealed? New story mode footage?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:46 pm

I expect just a gameplay trailer revealing some more characters. That's what happened last year. If we get something more than that, it'd be awesome.

~ Day of the Machines ~

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Man I can't wait for this to come out this year. I'm going to get it for my birthday. I'm still playing the crap out of the first one! :D I reckon it'll probably come out in November?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:17 am

This game is going to be stupendously bad.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:13 am

donkeyjack wrote:This game is going to be stupendously bad.
What makes you say that? We only have a short teaser of it.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 pm

For the sake of more task immersion I hope they put more emphasis on the exploration elements that people wanted from DBO, even if they aren't fully open world, I want to at least be able to manually travel from place to place on the map (BT2 & B3) or at least walk around a stage before you encounter the enemies to fight (DB Sagas).

And I hope they give the characters animated victory scenes as well now, that bugged the hell out of me not having any in Xenoverse 1.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:13 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:For the sake of more task immersion I hope they put more emphasis on the exploration elements that people wanted from DBO, even if they aren't fully open world, I want to at least be able to manually travel from place to place on the map (BT2 & B3) or at least walk around a stage before you encounter the enemies to fight (DB Sagas).

And I hope they give the characters animated victory scenes as well now, that bugged the hell out of me not having any in Xenoverse 1.
it would be cool if you could customize your victory scene.
Kuro Tenshi

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

I think customizable victory scene may mean the removal of special dialogues (something that I really enjoy). So I prefer this function not to be added.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Grimlock wrote:I think customizable victory scene may mean the removal of special dialogues (something that I really enjoy). So I prefer this function not to be added.
I wish you could do emotes in the middle of dancing. Like you begin to dance in the middle of the game.
Kuro Tenshi

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 am

I was looking up stuff about Xenoverse 2 and apparently the game is going to run on Unreal Engine 4.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:23 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I was looking up stuff about Xenoverse 2 and apparently the game is going to run on Unreal Engine 4.
Doubt it, it looks like it's just an updated version of Xenoverse's engine.