"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 02, 2020 10:05 am

This is not a chat room.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat May 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Sorry
M Didn't know
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 14, 2020 5:12 am

Young-Jah wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:27 pm Sorry
M Didn't know
Hey man, don't be discouraged from discussion, you just have to discuss more :)

Tell us more about you, is this your first Dragon Ball game? Do you play figters or RPG?
How do you like this game outside of story content and content overall?

I think that you must be enjoing the game a lot, based on your reactions. Is there already something you don't like and wanna change that, or are you ceompletely satisfied?

Cheers and welcome on Kanzenshuu, it is nice to see a new blood after the registrations were renewed.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Fri May 15, 2020 12:23 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:12 am
Young-Jah wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:27 pm Sorry
M Didn't know
Hey man, don't be discouraged from discussion, you just have to discuss more :)

Tell us more about you, is this your first Dragon Ball game? Do you play figters or RPG?
How do you like this game outside of story content and content overall?

I think that you must be enjoing the game a lot, based on your reactions. Is there already something you don't like and wanna change that, or are you ceompletely satisfied?

Cheers and welcome on Kanzenshuu, it is nice to see a new blood after the registrations were renewed.
well yes and no
i have watch many walkthrough of the game many times
And i already finish the story, it's just i can't beat Dabura in the final story
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 18, 2020 3:59 am

I had already uninstalled the game and put it to rest. Welp... Gonna have to dig it up once the next DLC drops. :lol:

Kaioshin of Time will be playable, huh? Mildly interesting. Let's see who she's coming with. Hopefully someone interesting.

Though it was mentioned that "characters that could not be selected can now be selected", hopefully the partner customization gets more than that. Since they gave Super Saiyan to Nappa, the least they can do is to give Super Saiyan to Pan and Raditz too.

Do they mention anything interesting in these images?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 6:21 am

Xenoverse 2 might be releasing on the next gen systems, ps5/xbox series x.
Grimlock wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:59 am Kaioshin of Time will be playable, huh? Mildly interesting. Let's see who she's coming with. Hopefully someone interesting.

Since they gave Super Saiyan to Nappa, the least they can do is to give Super Saiyan to Pan and Raditz too.
How on earth is this thing still getting DLC ? As much as I've supported the decision to keep this alive, can we get 3 now ? With that said, she is an interesting choice. I'm also interested in seeing who's released with her, as it could be someone related, or someone completely different. Hopefully we get 3 characters this time. These sets come in pairs, so this is probably the first of 2.

Why stop there ? they should go all out and let us give any Saiyan any form we want, such as Ssj3 to Vegeta, Ssj to Raditz, etc.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:21 am Xenoverse 2 might be releasing on the next gen systems, ps5/xbox series x.
Grimlock wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:59 am Kaioshin of Time will be playable, huh? Mildly interesting. Let's see who she's coming with. Hopefully someone interesting.

Since they gave Super Saiyan to Nappa, the least they can do is to give Super Saiyan to Pan and Raditz too.
How on earth is this thing still getting DLC ? As much as I've supported the decision to keep this alive, can we get 3 now ? With that said, she is an interesting choice. I'm also interested in seeing who's released with her, as it could be someone related, or someone completely different. Hopefully we get 3 characters this time. These sets come in pairs, so this is probably the first of 2.

Why stop there ? they should go all out and let us give any Saiyan any form we want, such as Ssj3 to Vegeta, Ssj to Raditz, etc.
Holy words!

Is this another paid DLC? Incredible xD

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 am

Gt91 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 am
Holy words!

Yes, and if the game is being ported to next gen (unconfirmed), then there'll surely be more after.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:53 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 am
Gt91 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 am
Holy words!

Yes, and if the game is being ported to next gen (unconfirmed), then there'll surely be more after.
I see, thanks!
I hope we get XV3 and not another porting ...

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 am

Gt91 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:53 amI hope we get XV3 and not another porting ...
If we're getting a next gen XV2, then 3 might be a lot longer down the line than we thought. Until we get confirmation, there's a chance they're talking about the XV brand, and not this specific game.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 am

For god sake how were they not done with the last dlc?

I figured they'd be done by now, but they're still releasing more dlc. I just want them to focus on XV3 not more dlc. I love the game as much as the next Xenoverse fan, but c'mon.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:01 amFor god sake how were they not done with the last dlc? I figured they'd be done by now, but they're still releasing more dlc.
Fans are still buying them, they even went as far as to say the DLC sales were above expectations, and they clearly still are. The plan was to release 4 only, then that became 8, then 12, and now we have at least one more pack on the way. Why bother with a new game when not only are people still buying your old one (it just crossed 6 million, which is 3 million copies a year), but also your DLC ?

I agree that we should at this point be moving on, but the unseen success of XV2 is preventing that from happening, and now it might even be ported to the next gen systems.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 18, 2020 9:14 am

As neat as a playable Supreme Kai is, what has me really interested is that bit seeming to show Xenoverse 1. Are we finally getting the ability to play through Xeno 1's story in 2, like the Switch has had for forever? Because I can't lie, I'd greatly welcome that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 9:17 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:14 am As neat as a playable Supreme Kai is, what has me really interested is that bit seeming to show Xenoverse 1. Are we finally getting the ability to play through Xeno 1's story in 2, like the Switch has had for forever? Because I can't lie, I'd greatly welcome that.
2's story is basically an extended version of the first's. Apart from the Demigra part of course.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 am

It sorta makes the SKOT sound like part of the free update and not DLC
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:17 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:14 am As neat as a playable Supreme Kai is, what has me really interested is that bit seeming to show Xenoverse 1. Are we finally getting the ability to play through Xeno 1's story in 2, like the Switch has had for forever? Because I can't lie, I'd greatly welcome that.
2's story is basically an extended version of the first's. Apart from the Demigra part of course.
They are very similar, yes, but 2's story is just different enough that I'd still like to replay it as well as 2's story at some point before 3 eventually (hopefully...someday...) comes out, and if I can do that with Xeno 2's engine rather than 1, that would be a lot easier and infinitely more enjoyable.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am Fans are still buying them, they even went as far as to say the DLC sales were above expectations, and they clearly still are.
It's not just the fact that fans are still buying them, but the last dlc made it look like it was CERTAINLY the end. Just have a look at this.

You gonna tell me they add an end of Z ending and clearly state "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 comes to an end." with this dlc, and they still decide to make more?
What was the point of this if they were already going to make more?

You make it a clear point that there won't be more, so people won't even get excited or think about any new content. If you as a developer put a message as "look forward with more to come." instead, you at least keep fans excited.
Instead you have people thinking that this is the end and they are going to be working on a sequel, after all the game is nearly 4 years old at this point.
This was handled badly imo. :eh:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 18, 2020 11:11 am

Ah man I'd be so pleased if legends patrol is coming out along with SKOT.

I hope we get a full translation soon.

It is weird to get more after the end message but yeah...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon May 18, 2020 11:13 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 am You gonna tell me they add an end of Z ending and clearly state "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 comes to an end." with this dlc, and they still decide to make more?
What was the point of this if they were already going to make more?
The plan was probably to end things there, but higher ups saw the sales and demanded more.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:16 am

Just let this game die for fucks sake.