"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 29, 2019 8:59 am

Ok. Seriously enough with the DLC Characters and just make a proper Xenoverse 3 already.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am

excelhedge wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:59 am Ok. Seriously enough with the DLC Characters and just make a proper Xenoverse 3 already.
Why do people keep saying that? XV3 is not being delayed for XV2's DLC. There's only one Dragon Ball game a year, and the next one is not XV3. So we have two options. Either wait until XV3's turn, which may or may not be after the untitled Unreal Engine ARPG, or get DLC to help pass the time.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am
excelhedge wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:59 am Ok. Seriously enough with the DLC Characters and just make a proper Xenoverse 3 already.
Why do people keep saying that? XV3 is not being delayed for XV2's DLC. There's only one Dragon Ball game a year, and the next one is not XV3. So we have two options. Either wait until XV3's turn, which may or may not be after the untitled Unreal Engine ARPG, or get DLC to help pass the time.
By DLC alone its up to almost $100, which was more than the original game + season pass.
People dont want to pay for more and more dlc characters who we'll inevtiably get in XV3 anyway. The game is going on almost 4 years old, they should just let it die.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 amBy DLC alone its up to almost $100, which was more than the original game + season pass.
People dont want to pay for more and more dlc characters who we'll inevtiably get in XV3 anyway. The game is going on almost 4 years old, they should just let it die.
If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. Personally, I'm waiting to see if it'll have new story content. The last one broke the pattern by not having one, and if this one doesn't have any new story mode, I'll be passing on it.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:31 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 amBy DLC alone its up to almost $100, which was more than the original game + season pass.
If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. Personally, I'm waiting to see if it'll have new story content. The last one broke the pattern by not having one, and if this one doesn't have any new story mode, I'll be passing on it.
I haven't bought the past three and won't be buying this one either.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:22 am
I'm also hoping they add some new story elements and options. I do remember them mentioning that they plan on adding more co-op modes and options. I would love to get some co-op story mode additions. I totally felt the Fu missions should've been co-op. For a game that talked so much about the story, which was pretty bland in my opinion, really needed to include some multiplayer elements with it. But I'm with you, if I don't like the DLC, I just won't by it. XV3 will come at some point, but there are so many other games to play in the mean time.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:15 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:31 am
I can't speak for other people. But I was Tired of XV2 a year after it came out. I can't even remember the last dlc pack I bought for it.

Don't get me wrong I would Pop back in every few updates. But farming Tp to buy things got boring real quick and Figure battles was a incomplete story last time I logged in and was also boring.

I'm not paying for new dlc characters when I barely play it now and when I'm not going to use the new characters enough times to justify the money spent on them.

I want a new story that isn't self insert into raditz to buu, and new hub world to enjoy, new races to play (still have Andriods, Demons, and Kais left) and hopefully a better engine that doesn't have as many bugs XV and XV2 have.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:15 amI can't speak for other people. But I was Tired of XV2 a year after it came out. I can't even remember the last dlc pack I bought for it.

Don't get me wrong I would Pop back in every few updates. But farming Tp to buy things got boring real quick and Figure battles was a incomplete story last time I logged in and was also boring.

I'm not paying for new dlc characters when I barely play it now and when I'm not going to use the new characters enough times to justify the money spent on them.

I want a new story that isn't self insert into raditz to buu, and new hub world to enjoy, new races to play (still have Andriods, Demons, and Kais left) and hopefully a better engine that doesn't have as many bugs XV and XV2 have.
They're not going to make a brand new engine from scratch. It just wouldn't make good business sense to do that. I don't want them too either, because I'd rather they work on creating interesting stories and quests rather than spend 2+ years getting a new engine to work, then doing lackluster work on the actual meat of the game.

The rest is definitely possible, however. While I doubt we'd get Androids as a playable race, I could see Kais/demons as a new race. In Fusions, the two were lumped together as "Otherworlders," I think. As for the story, I and some others were hoping the Fu DLC was the team testing out a branching storyline mechanic for XV3. If that were applied to the new timeline that hatched from Tokitoki's egg, that could make for a really interesting story.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:07 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 pm
excelhedge wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:15 amI can't speak for other people. But I was Tired of XV2 a year after it came out. I can't even remember the last dlc pack I bought for it.

They're not going to make a brand new engine from scratch. It just wouldn't make good business sense to do that. I don't want them too either, because I'd rather they work on creating interesting stories and quests rather than spend 2+ years getting a new engine to work, then doing lackluster work on the actual meat of the game.

The rest is definitely possible, however. While I doubt we'd get Androids as a playable race, I could see Kais/demons as a new race. In Fusions, the two were lumped together as "Otherworlders," I think. As for the story, I and some others were hoping the Fu DLC was the team testing out a branching storyline mechanic for XV3. If that were applied to the new timeline that hatched from Tokitoki's egg, that could make for a really interesting story.
Yeah, Androids would have too much overlap with Saiyans and Humans (which have a ton as is). I just don't see the draw for them, personally. Just make a human character call them an android.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:32 pm

I appreciate the fanservice(even though she probably has a small fandom) of bringing in Ribrianne, but I'm bored as hell with this game for a long time now. One iteration of Broly when he displayed at least three different and interesting forms, and we got the boring one from Z that lands zero blows in the movie. I get it, the strongest form but the others weren't just means to get to the buff form.
Or still not having the strongest Super enemy, LB Jiren who appeared over a year ago, or Omen Goku, Hakaishin Toppo, SSBE Vegeta.

The roster was initially great but I feel we are missing the most important characters from the last part of the show while getting Fuu, Ribrianne, SSGod Vegeta... Like 5 Rasberries and 0 Toppo.

It just bothers me that we are living in 2020 and can't get a full character game from the deciding part of the show that ended a year ago, not 30 years ago and nobody cares anymore.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:32 pm I appreciate the fanservice(even though she probably has a small fandom) of bringing in Ribrianne, but I'm bored as hell with this game for a long time now. One iteration of Broly when he displayed at least three different and interesting forms, and we got the boring one from Z that lands zero blows in the movie. I get it, the strongest form but the others weren't just means to get to the buff form.
Or still not having the strongest Super enemy, LB Jiren who appeared over a year ago, or Omen Goku, Hakaishin Toppo, SSBE Vegeta.

The roster was initially great but I feel we are missing the most important characters from the last part of the show while getting Fuu, Ribrianne, SSGod Vegeta... Like 5 Rasberries and 0 Toppo.

It just bothers me that we are living in 2020 and can't get a full character game from the deciding part of the show that ended a year ago, not 30 years ago and nobody cares anymore.
We still have at least one more pack after this so chances are Toppo and possibly Dispo will be in it. It's not everyone but it gets us close.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:27 am

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:32 pm I appreciate the fanservice(even though she probably has a small fandom) of bringing in Ribrianne, but I'm bored as hell with this game for a long time now. One iteration of Broly when he displayed at least three different and interesting forms, and we got the boring one from Z that lands zero blows in the movie. I get it, the strongest form but the others weren't just means to get to the buff form.

Gotta save some big hitters for the sequel. I expect Ultra Instinct Omen Goku will be used to entice people to XV3, along with SSBE Vegeta. We'll probably get the missing forms of new Broly then as well.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 am

And when will it be released? Or are we waiting for something more than Vegeta and Ribrianne?
I am pissed how they still and probably won't ever adjust the audio levels of newer DLC... Everyone since Baby and Kefla have audio levels down a lot and the anime music as well. So when you play as Kefla with normal BGM, you almost can't hear her and vice versa, when you play with anime BGM, you almost can't hear it over the SFX and voices.

Seeing as they didn't adress it since it bugs me, I have send them information trough support and wonder, what they will answer back :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 am And when will it be released? Or are we waiting for something more than Vegeta and Ribrianne?
There'll be at least one more character set so that should be out by the end of the year. With CC2's game releasing this year and FighterZ just releasing last year, I expect to see XV3 next fall and possibly as a launch game for Ps5.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:24 am

sintzu wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am
MCDaveG wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:38 am And when will it be released? Or are we waiting for something more than Vegeta and Ribrianne?
There'll be at least one more character set so that should be out by the end of the year. With CC2's game releasing this year and FighterZ just releasing last year, I expect to see XV3 next fall and possibly as a launch game for Ps5.
I meant these upcoming DLCs, I hope that I won't wait half a year for Vegeta recolor and Ribrianne :D
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 am

If everything goes as expected, the DLC will be released on June 25th, last Tuesday of the month.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Crazy, this game don't die lol I think it deserves it, with all the additional content its made quite a name for itself in the Dragon Ball game legacy.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 pm

nato25 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:57 pm
Crazy, this game don't die lol I think it deserves it, with all the additional content its made quite a name for itself in the Dragon Ball game legacy.
Wait. The game deserves to die, or it deserves the fact that it hasn't died? Your wording is a bit unclear.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 am

I am saying it deserves the longevity it has received. When was the last time a Dragon Ball game was relevant longer than 3 months after release? Fighterz and XV2 are really sticking around and I think that's a good thing. Although I have no objections to a XV3 announcement.

Speaking of announcements, anyone think we'll get something at E3? I believe it was 2 years ago we got Fighterz. The year before that Jump Force was announced. All this happened at Xbox's conference. I think we will see DBZ Project pop up again.