"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:21 am

Scsigs wrote:I wish we'd get the option to play as the legacy character imported from the first game's save data as well.
I'd even settle just for having them as a partner. Either way, I'd love to have my XV1 protagonist team up outside of the Future Trunks arc story DLC stuff.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 am

so I was training with cooler last night and got to the metal cooler mission I didnt pass it. Turned off the PS4, come back today and Cooler isnt even there, whats up?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:40 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:so I was training with cooler last night and got to the metal cooler mission I didnt pass it. Turned off the PS4, come back today and Cooler isnt even there, whats up?
Did you make him your teacher? If so, he'll now be at the school
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:46 am

Nia wrote:
Scsigs wrote:I wish we'd get the option to play as the legacy character imported from the first game's save data as well.
I'd even settle just for having them as a partner. Either way, I'd love to have my XV1 protagonist team up outside of the Future Trunks arc story DLC stuff.
I meant for multiplayer/PQ missions that you could select, like any other character in the game.
Kanassa wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:so I was training with cooler last night and got to the metal cooler mission I didnt pass it. Turned off the PS4, come back today and Cooler isnt even there, whats up?
These games use RNG like a motherfucker to make everything appear at just the randomest of times. Xenoverse 1 had it worst though, I believe.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 am

Scsigs wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
These games use RNG like a motherfucker to make everything appear at just the randomest of times. Xenoverse 1 had it worst though, I believe.
Xenoverse 2 doesn't RNG Mentor positions, they have only two locations where they could be and that is defined by one variable; if they're your mentor or not. The only RNG with Mentors is whether you they have a conversation with another mentor in the school when you walk in.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Did you make him your teacher? If so, he'll now be at the school
Xenoverse 2 doesn't RNG Mentor positions, they have only two locations where they could be and that is defined by one variable; if they're your mentor or not. The only RNG with Mentors is whether you they have a conversation with another mentor in the school when you walk in.
Found him by the school. I beat the metal coolers now, I take it his ultimate move comes at a higher rank than I currently am (I've not done the kai rank advancement)

I'm grinding mentors at the moment before I go into the buu saga. Looking to level up a bit.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Is it true that we're getting color changing for attacks?
Yes, confirmed for DLC 6/next free update :)
So we can have stuff like a yellow Kamehameha and a black Kienzan?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Now I have can have X10 Kamehameha as an ultimate :) :wink:

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Now I can make my eventual OC in Xenoverse 2 a Heartless version of my OC from 1 in the best ways!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Nia wrote:
I meant for multiplayer/PQ missions that you could select, like any other character in the game.
I know. I just meant that I'd simply settle for having them as a partner. Having them in the roster would be cool too, though.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:49 pm

So Coolers not coughing up the supernova mission. Do I need to advance to kai level?

also I'm about lvl 37 so is it soon time for super saiyan?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:53 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:So Coolers not coughing up the supernova mission. Do I need to advance to kai level?

You need to advance to Kai level I think

Also, Transformation quests are based on two things (Aside from potential Unleashed and Kaioken, which is based on completing the Elder Kai Training Missions): Rift Quest progression and Story progression. You get Super Saiyan either during or after THE buu arc quests

Kanassa wrote:

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:So Coolers not coughing up the supernova mission. Do I need to advance to kai level?

You need to reach level 40 to 50 or something. Then Time Rift Story will continue and Vegeta at Bulma's House will give you the Super Saiyajin Training Lesson at last.
You could basically get it even before the Freeza Arc, you just have to reach a high enough level to get it.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:38 pm

So, I wonder if we'll still have Super Saiyan Blue for our Saiyan Cacs in DLC 6/next free update? :think:
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I wonder if we'll still have Super Saiyan Blue for our Saiyan Cacs in DLC 6/next free update? :think:
I'm still banking on it just being God Ki, not SSB exclusivly. It just turns races that have hair blue.

Kanassa wrote:

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:40 am

Kanassa wrote:

You need to advance to Kai level I think

Also, Transformation quests are based on two things (Aside from potential Unleashed and Kaioken, which is based on completing the Elder Kai Training Missions): Rift Quest progression and Story progression. You get Super Saiyan either during or after THE buu arc quests
I managed to get mine before starting the arc, its great having my saiayn girl as a ss3 now.

I'm grinding through instructors, farming TP for the eventual Bojack mentoring. I tried to talk to Zamasu and he straight up murdered me with Black in the initiation (I'm level 50). Same goes for Hit lesson one with Goku. Cant seem to get them to attack my back and they end me in one or two combos. Might need to wait on those for now and do other mentors like android 16/turles/buu

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:21 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I wonder if we'll still have Super Saiyan Blue for our Saiyan Cacs in DLC 6/next free update? :think:
I'm still banking on it just being God Ki, not SSB exclusivly. It just turns races that have hair blue.
Which gimmicks or habilites we could possibly get if that's the case? And how Namekians and Freezas would look?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 am

Noah wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Is it true that we're getting color changing for attacks?
Yes, confirmed for DLC 6/next free update :)
So we can have stuff like a yellow Kamehameha and a black Kienzan?
Probably yes :)

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Honestly, with the announcement of the Partner system, I'm starting to wonder if the data that was found was for them and not our CACs. On one hand, it's probably for the best...
On the other hand, Xenoverse 2 brings out a good chunk of my inner fandork, making me want to go SSJ Blue. If for no other reason than making the joke of calling it "Super-Saiyajin God Super-Saiyajin 4 Kaioken x20."

[spoiler]And no, before you ask, there isn't some crazy way to activate both a SSJ transformation and Kaioken at the same time that I've discovered; it's a case of using the Kaioken attacks while transformed.[/spoiler]

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Which gimmicks or habilites we could possibly get if that's the case? And how Namekians and Freezas would look?
They could give Namekians the Super Namekian God form from Dragon Ball Heroes.
Caulifla best girl! :)