"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Xaroc wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:56 pm Other Gifts (like Santa Costumes, and the DBS Broly Coats for Gokuu and Geets) were (and will be) available at other times. Not right now.
Are Pan (Straw Hat), Goku (Snowsuit), Vegeta (Snowsuit), Android 18 (Santa Costume), and Videl (Santa Costume) the only other ones that are actual costume changes for mentors? And how many TP medals do they cost each?

Managed to get the Oob costume change and played the two levels of the End of Z mission. Wasn't too difficult in the grand scheme of things, though managing to Z rank it will certainly prove to be a challenge. The new scenes were nice, but overall fairly short and inconsequential, but that only makes the fact that they're behind a paywall of PS Plus all the more annoying to me.

So now it'll be moving on to the new PQ's for grinding (though there were a couple from the previous DLC I need to finish grinding as well). Anyone know the Ultimate Finish requirements for the new PQ's?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:24 pm
Xaroc wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:56 pm Other Gifts (like Santa Costumes, and the DBS Broly Coats for Gokuu and Geets) were (and will be) available at other times. Not right now.
Are Pan (Straw Hat), Goku (Snowsuit), Vegeta (Snowsuit), Android 18 (Santa Costume), and Videl (Santa Costume) the only other ones that are actual costume changes for mentors? And how many TP medals do they cost each?

Managed to get the Oob costume change and played the two levels of the End of Z mission. Wasn't too difficult in the grand scheme of things, though managing to Z rank it will certainly prove to be a challenge. The new scenes were nice, but overall fairly short and inconsequential, but that only makes the fact that they're behind a paywall of PS Plus all the more annoying to me.

So now it'll be moving on to the new PQ's for grinding (though there were a couple from the previous DLC I need to finish grinding as well). Anyone know the Ultimate Finish requirements for the new PQ's?
Don't know anymore tbh. I am missing at least one Santa Outfit and Pan's hat. And I don't know the prices either. Should be between 300 and 777 though. Not more, not less.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 am

Has anyone translated the techniques updates yet?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:01 am Has anyone translated the techniques updates yet?
Not all of it is correct, but most of it, I think. And no, I wasn't he one who translated and I also don't know who did.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 pm
What platform do you play on & when did you get Goku's Gi?
Xbox One. And I used the TP Medal store to get the things, as I don't really do Raids.

Goku's Gi came after I beat Uub and Goku in the "Fight Seriously" match. Which, without the right moveset, is a pain to deal with. Though I had to give Goku the gift (that I bought with TP Medals) first.
You keep misunderstanding what I'm saying. When I say, "Goku's Gi," I don't mean the one you unlock for your CAC. I mean the one from the TP medal shop, dude.
Yeah. And that one unlocked for me when I switched to Goku as a mentor. As I have said.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Has anyone noticed that Dodoria sounds...off...in his new dialogue in PQ 139 (War and Pieces)? It doesn't sound like Swasey to me. I think I remember hearing something about him having had to have surgery recently as well, so is it possible they had to get a fill-in for those couple of lines?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:55 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Xbox One. And I used the TP Medal store to get the things, as I don't really do Raids.

Goku's Gi came after I beat Uub and Goku in the "Fight Seriously" match. Which, without the right moveset, is a pain to deal with. Though I had to give Goku the gift (that I bought with TP Medals) first.
You keep misunderstanding what I'm saying. When I say, "Goku's Gi," I don't mean the one you unlock for your CAC. I mean the one from the TP medal shop, dude.
Yeah. And that one unlocked for me when I switched to Goku as a mentor. As I have said.
And that's impossible, because of the two Gifts (Oob and Gokuu Nr. 3) the only one available right now is Oob's. Oob's Gift unlocks the final Story Mission where you fight Oob and Gokuu. Then you can repeat that fight on "hard" (or rather "annoying"), which gives you always the EoZ Gi only for your CaC AND the "Thank you, Dragon Balls!" Super Soul IF you Z Rank it.
It has nothing to do with who is your Mentor and switching and whatsoever. Gokuu Gift Nr. 3 will unlock the EoZ Gi for Mentor Gokuu in the Customization Options, but it is not available as of yet.
So you are either lying or modded it in, because NO ONE has the legit Gift so far. So please just stop.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Xaroc wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:32 pm
And that's impossible, because of the two Gifts (Oob and Gokuu Nr. 3) the only one available right now is Oob's. Oob's Gift unlocks the final Story Mission where you fight Oob and Gokuu. Then you can repeat that fight on "hard" (or rather "annoying"), which gives you always the EoZ Gi only for your CaC AND the "Thank you, Dragon Balls!" Super Soul IF you Z Rank it.
It has nothing to do with who is your Mentor and switching and whatsoever. Gokuu Gift Nr. 3 will unlock the EoZ Gi for Mentor Gokuu in the Customization Options, but it is not available as of yet.
So you are either lying or modded it in, because NO ONE has the legit Gift so far. So please just stop.
Ah, the mentor thing. If someone had said THAT, then it would have been different.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm Xbox One. And I used the TP Medal store to get the things, as I don't really do Raids.

But when did you buy it from the TP medal shop?
Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:57 pm Ah, the mentor thing. If someone had said THAT, then it would have been different.
Bro, WHAT? I specifically denoted the one from the TP medal shop. Only an idiot or someone who wasn't actually paying attention wouldn't think I meant the one for your mentor. Not only that, BUT, you SAID you got it from the TP medal shop after switching to Goku for your mentor. What did you THINK I meant?
You're being inconsistent, so, unless you can provide a screenshot (as in, taken with your Xbox One in-game, which is super easy to do, just press the Xbox button on your controller, press X to take a screenshot, & then go to that capture & upload it to One Drive where you can open it in a new tab to get a link for it & post it), I can only assume you're all talk on this. Prove me wrong if you've got proof.

Oh, & your advice on the PQs wasn't gonna help me because I was doing very well with my fully-leveled & decked out Saiyan CAC & AI players until some of the PQs got too bullshit to be able to be done on my own. Also, if you're also on Xbox, why didn't you volunteer to help me when I asked if anyone could help me over giving me bogus advice? Like, what?

BTW, Xaroc, he said he's on Xbox, so I'm doubting he's modded the game to get them.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Guys how do you beat up the serious fight with Goku and Uub? I have tried almost everything!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59 pm Guys how do you beat up the serious fight with Goku and Uub? I have tried almost everything!
Honestly, that one took me WAY too many tries to beat. The AI is WAY too aggressive, particularly Goku's when he's alone. I didn't even stand a chance until I switched my character to the Time Patroller outfit & I only did that because I recorded the gameplay & realized I didn't have that outfit on. My best advice, be aggressive & sparingly charge up. Only charge up when the enemies are down.
One of the things I hate about the game is how animation frame happy it is, since your character absolutely NEEDS to finish charging with an animation, leaving them open to get hit & you can't cancel out of it. There's also a glitch I encountered where randomly if I threw a Kamehameha at a character while close-up to them, the beam would cancel out, but my character would still be stuck in the animation for some reason. Anyone else encounter this? It's really odd that it's just NOW happening.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:56 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59 pm Guys how do you beat up the serious fight with Goku and Uub? I have tried almost everything!
Well, best thing is to equip a Super Soul that auto-fills Ki (I chose Boo's "Nap" Soul), and quick combo and yeet Gokuu away and hit him with Ki Supers (not Ultimates) like the KamehameHa and kill him ASAP.
If you want to cheese it, equip Counter Moves, especially those that react to both, physical and Ki attacks and use Evasive Moves that also deal Damage, like the Special Beam Evasive (although I went with Spirit Explosion to get rid of both of them and get a few hits on Gokuu in and it uses only 2 Stamina Bars).
Super Ki Explosion is the best Ultimate because it has a low start-up time and hits both (depending on your stats it should even kill at least one of them at full Ki).
Once one of them is down this Quest is an easy clap. There's nothing more I can say. Luck is also always a part of this.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Oob can transform into Super Oob or they are just the same character in the game?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:55 pm

Noah wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:20 pm Oob can transform into Super Oob or they are just the same character in the game?
Same character denoted as "Majuub". His gift in the TP Medal shop ARE his end of Z clothes, though.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Guys, thanks for the tips! Made the tough fight and have the EOZ equip... I was bit mislead by the marketing tough and the main reason I have bought the DLC - you can’t get EOZ as preset for Goku :x

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:31 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:15 pm Guys, thanks for the tips! Made the tough fight and have the EOZ equip... I was bit mislead by the marketing tough and the main reason I have bought the DLC - you can’t get EOZ as preset for Goku :x
Someone must've mistranslated somewhere. Why not just patch it in as another selectable outfit for him or have it unlock after playing the final story mission? They've done that for almost every character that had a new variant in Super or the movies & the data's already patched in, it just requires another update that I bet they could put out decently quick. I'm glad X2 was allowed to do the Android 21 stuff. Even though I have yet to play FighterZ, I at least appreciated the PQ where she has the possessed versions of the characters form that game, complete with their pallet swaps from the story mode, I still appreciated what I DO know about it.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:56 am

I miss EOZ Goku so much since Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi series... It was the final Goku back then for us and basically GT Goku not being turned to kid. For me as a kid doing roleplay in DB games and thinking up stories after manga ending, having Goku with EOZ gi, with his full skillset from Z including transformations that weren’t shown in the epilogue episodes, was a big deal for me. Remember being blown away by Budokai 3 trailer showing gameplay with this costume and it sold the game to me as it was not just the main chunk of the story again but a little bit further. We are spoiled by Super, Super DB Heroes and lot of sidestory stuff, but every little thing counted back in the day...
Therefore I was happy that Uub got the costume from EOZ and extremely dissapointed after seeing EOZ Goku in the game and not getting him afterwards.
Sry, just wanted to explain my sentimental dissapointment, growing in times before Super and with GT ending not that long ago with it’s bitter and dire ending.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm still confused if you can unlock the end of z gi for goku or potentially as a mentor outfit. No one has made this clear, least of all Bandai.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 pm

nato25 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:24 pm I'm still confused if you can unlock the end of z gi for goku or potentially as a mentor outfit. No one has made this clear, least of all Bandai.
If you can, no one's posted about how anywhere. I've tried to find YouTube videos on it, but there is none.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:47 pm

The EoZ Gokuu will be a Mentor Outfit you can choose for him in the Mentor Customization. BUT you need to give him the "Gokuu Gift Nr. 3" which is NOT available at the moment. We have to wait until it is released.

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019