"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metrite
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Metrite » Tue May 02, 2017 3:58 am

After a couple months of forgetting about it, I decided to boot up Xenoverse 2 again earlier today and check out the new DLC content. I hadn't played at all between the release of DLC packs 2 and 3. The new characters had some interesting moves. Are all the moves those characters have obtainable for custom characters? Are any of them obtained from that dumb shop that is only open on the weekends? (Who's stupid idea was that?! Some of us tend to be busy on weekends, you know...)

The online activity at this point feels like a graveyard. I waited about twenty minutes before I found a partner to do that very last quest with to get the rosey Kamehameha. Another move that uses way too much ki for a move that gives opponents plenty of chance to escape, but still far more dependable than the x20 Kamehameha. lol

Has there been any word of what to expect from the final DLC pack? Seeing how they added characters from the Trunks arc of Super for the third one, I wonder if they might add a character or two from the new Super arc if it gets very far by then? What would feel the most awkward for me would be if it turned out to be the new female saiyan. Why? [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]As I was watching Super this weekened, I was surprised to hear a name that was all too familiar... the very name I invented for my female saiyans in the Xenoverse games! I can't believe this to be a coincidence... I won't! Somebody had to have come across one of my characters and been inspired! What an honor it is to have been the person to have coined the name of our first ever in-series female ssj! :lol: I suppose they'll name her something like "Caulifla" in the english series, so only those that know their Japanese will notice the name match. I remember when I first created a female saiyan and wanted to follow the pun tradition. Cauliflower was the only common vegetable to still be unclaimed that sprung to mind. カリフラワー (karifurawaa) was the Japanese way of saying it and the shortening that I felt rolled off the tounge best while keeping the pun obvious was just dropping the end to get カリフラ. I guess somebody else thought the same, but likely picked this particular variety of vegetable due to its resemblance to another certain vegetable called broccoli. :think:

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Tue May 02, 2017 4:56 am

YonedgeHP wrote:Well, I'm at level 90 and Guru won't increase my level cap. I am doing something wrong?
Did you complete Namek's side quest? Guru door will not open unless your character did it. Only way to fix it is to grind a character that has completed it to max and have them visit guru.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 am

Metrite wrote:After a couple months of forgetting about it, I decided to boot up Xenoverse 2 again earlier today and check out the new DLC content. I hadn't played at all between the release of DLC packs 2 and 3. The new characters had some interesting moves. Are all the moves those characters have obtainable for custom characters? Are any of them obtained from that dumb shop that is only open on the weekends? (Who's stupid idea was that?! Some of us tend to be busy on weekends, you know...)

The online activity at this point feels like a graveyard. I waited about twenty minutes before I found a partner to do that very last quest with to get the rosey Kamehameha. Another move that uses way too much ki for a move that gives opponents plenty of chance to escape, but still far more dependable than the x20 Kamehameha. lol

Has there been any word of what to expect from the final DLC pack? Seeing how they added characters from the Trunks arc of Super for the third one, I wonder if they might add a character or two from the new Super arc if it gets very far by then? What would feel the most awkward for me would be if it turned out to be the new female saiyan. Why? [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]As I was watching Super this weekened, I was surprised to hear a name that was all too familiar... the very name I invented for my female saiyans in the Xenoverse games! I can't believe this to be a coincidence... I won't! Somebody had to have come across one of my characters and been inspired! What an honor it is to have been the person to have coined the name of our first ever in-series female ssj! :lol: I suppose they'll name her something like "Caulifla" in the english series, so only those that know their Japanese will notice the name match. I remember when I first created a female saiyan and wanted to follow the pun tradition. Cauliflower was the only common vegetable to still be unclaimed that sprung to mind. カリフラワー (karifurawaa) was the Japanese way of saying it and the shortening that I felt rolled off the tounge best while keeping the pun obvious was just dropping the end to get カリフラ. I guess somebody else thought the same, but likely picked this particular variety of vegetable due to its resemblance to another certain vegetable called broccoli. :think:
DLC 4 is a 2nd Half of Goku Black Arc Content

While there is no confirmation on DLC & Free Updates after this Pack

I feel Dimps will save any content of The Tournament of Power for XV3.

So if we are going to get a DLC Pack 5(and maybe 6) with some free updates, Dimps will give us content they haven't touched from Z & the Movies/Specials

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 am

Super 13 will be the next random movie villain added like how Bojack was. His clothes were a PQ award and 14 and 15 had their clothes in the TP shop. With him added that will round out all the movie villains with the exception of Garlic, Wheelo, and Hildegarn.

If we do end up getting further DLC Id rather they hold off on further Super content and return to GT, give it some added story material. Still baffled me that the GT story content didnt return from the first game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Thesaiyanjin

Post by Thesaiyanjin » Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 am

I'm just hoping that false super saiyan goku is put in the game since they do have lord slug in the game and he would probably be in a free update also lord slug doesn't really have any missions to himself.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 am

Thesaiyanjin wrote:I'm just hoping that false super saiyan goku is put in the game since they do have lord slug in the game and he would probably be in a free update also lord slug doesn't really have any missions to himself.
That form has never existed within a Dragon Ball game to date. If there was any intention to use it, it would have been seen in earlier titles. Theres more important stuff that could be added anyway.

F Goku and Vegeta with SSJ1-3.

Kaioshin outfit Trunks.

Universe Survival outfits for 17 and 18

GT outfits for Gohan, Vegeta, 18, Krillin, etc.

The proverbial list goes on. Point being, theres more present content that could be added.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 am

I think that the PQ where Goku transforms into SS2 in his ROF outfit is the first thing in the game that legimately annoyed me, even more that recollecting the DBs to get the Shenrons (even using the seven created characters way, its annoying as hell). Not only they are for some reason don't allowing us to use the SS forms with the ROF versions, they have even made them wear that outfits so they don't have to make SSB variations of the old outfits.

Rosé and Zamas are incredible trough, can't stop using them.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 02, 2017 10:47 am

I'm beginning to think that Dimps will make Future Trunks saga with Goku and Vegeta wearing their Movie 15's outfits... Which, realistically speaking, will make the saga better than the main series, as Goku and Vegeta shouldn't have returned to their original outfits to begin with. The only problem with that is Vegetto as he is unfortunately wearing the same old clothes. Or they will make Goku and Vegeta wear the old outfit along with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan limited to the Story Mode.
Last edited by Grimlock on Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am

if Dimps Sticks their Hands in GT again we need them to give us

Majuub
Super Baby Vegeta 2
Oceanus Shenron

Air Shattering Energy Ball
Revenge Death Ball
Lightning Arrow
Whirlwind Spin

Oceanus Shenron Outfit
Papayaman Outfit
GT Android 18 Outfit (from The episode where Buu cuts in front of Krillin)
Valese Outfit
GT Goten Outfit

Emotes based on
Baby Vegeta
Omega Shenron
SSJ Gogeta Bluff Kamehameha

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 am

Rose Black is the only transformed character that I am fine with being a new slot, seeing as how different his combos are. He actually feels like a new character, unlike Freeza, the Blue Saiyans or Cooler.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 am

Did the contents of the free update ever drop?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue May 02, 2017 11:44 am

dualist wrote:Did the contents of the free update ever drop?
Somewhat

Dimps & Bandai caught on to the "Offline & Alter Day Method"

So they will release Black's Moves on their terms

Plus the required amount of medals is large for each move

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 02, 2017 12:40 pm

We finally got Metal Cooler's outfit, if that counts. Don't remember if his outfit came from the second free DLC or DLC Pack 2, though.

~ Day of the Machines ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:We finally got Metal Cooler's outfit, if that counts. Don't remember if his outfit came from the second free DLC or DLC Pack 2, though.
Was that a raid reward only this time around? Thanks to barely any announcement and the in game information thing practically being useless I missed it.

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Metrite wrote:After a couple months of forgetting about it, I decided to boot up Xenoverse 2 again earlier today and check out the new DLC content. I hadn't played at all between the release of DLC packs 2 and 3. The new characters had some interesting moves. Are all the moves those characters have obtainable for custom characters? Are any of them obtained from that dumb shop that is only open on the weekends? (Who's stupid idea was that?! Some of us tend to be busy on weekends, you know...)

I love XV2 and have been pretty much ok with the updates and what not because of my love of Dragon Ball in general. What I think needs fixing are the online aspects of the game. DIMPS made it very clear that they want players immerse themselves and the world of Dragon Ball and enjoy playing with other Patrollers online. If that's there approach, there are several issues at hand:

1. The story mode is single player and not only is it a sub-par story, but I had no interest in it since I wanted to play online with other players which is where they put all their resources. So in the next installment, the story mode should be more extensive and online.

2. The grind isn't any fun when you can't' consistently play with others. I often have the same issue as you and end up just playing with CPU allies (who are terrible by the way). I would love if they implemented a guild system which would make the online experience so much better.

3. There just needs to be more to do in Conton City that's interactive with your online companions. Side quest and Frieza invasion should be events that can be accessed in the city with other players, or at the very least if you're on a team already.

4. Fix the damn raids! Not only are these raids broken, barely promoted, and glitchy, but the rewards are atrocious. They need to improve the awards to it's worth it to play them and figure out away to deter them from becoming a spam fest. I love the fact that they are challenging, but when it just becomes super spamming, I often ask myself why am I even playing this.

Some of these things they can fix now, but most will have to be addressed in the next installment. I trust that XV3 will be a huge leap from this version (a la Budokai 2 to 3), but there is still work to do with this game as well.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue May 02, 2017 5:54 pm

I for one hope the ridiculous raids would stay in the next one, just have it be optional for the players who like a challenge here and there. Sorta like how it was in Raging Blast 2 where you have story mode "bosses" that will 1-hit KO you...from what I can remember.(Haven't played any of the PS3 Z games in years).
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Just leave the raids on for a week or so. The challenge is fun even if the difficulty spike is just crazy, they just need to be available more.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 02, 2017 7:16 pm

nato25 wrote:Was that a raid reward only this time around? Thanks to barely any announcement and the in game information thing practically being useless I missed it.
Yes. Sunday was Time Breaker Bardock's Raid Mission, its reward was Metal Cooler outfit. You'll need to stay always tuned for who knows when it's going to happen his Raid Mission again. Or follow Rhymestyle in his Twitter, I only knew about the reward because of him.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Super 13 will be the next random movie villain added like how Bojack was. His clothes were a PQ award and 14 and 15 had their clothes in the TP shop. With him added that will round out all the movie villains with the exception of Garlic, Wheelo, and Hildegarn.

If we do end up getting further DLC Id rather they hold off on further Super content and return to GT, give it some added story material. Still baffled me that the GT story content didnt return from the first game.
Yeah, we still need Super Baby 2.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 03, 2017 12:20 am

I wonder if Time Patrol Trunks knows that the Black Arc ends with the complete destruction of his timeline... Maybe my prediction of Trunks being set up as the next villain will come true.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017