"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Bandai Namco New Dragon Ball Project 2016

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Finger crossed it's Xenoverse 2, as I don't wanna jump the gun just yet.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 3:19 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I would suggest you guys to calm down. Do not jump to conclusion that it is Xenoverse. Otherwise you are going to be in for a big disappointment when they announce different from what you are expecting.
Didn't they registered a Xenoverse IP months back? Like it's so obvious.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 16, 2016 3:24 pm

donkeyjack wrote:I know it's going to be Xenoverse 2 for a fact.
We all (or most of us) do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm

I would never say 'for a fact', but yeah, I would be utterly, utterly surprised if it wasn't a 'Xenoverse 2', especially with the 'fly through time' tease. They have to know what that's going to make us think of, they have to.

My only slight misgiving, despite how much I really want such a game, is...there's...probably not much chance of it being on PS3 again too, is there...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:There's...probably not much chance of it being on PS3 again too, is there...
No, I doubt there is especially since it'll more than likely release in 2017.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 pm

sintzu wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:There's...probably not much chance of it being on PS3 again too, is there...
Thank goodness. I swear Xenoverse's quality was shot down because of the past iteration of consoles.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 3:34 pm

That's what I'm afraid of, argh. I mean, I guess there's nothing stopping me from buying it to ensure I get any DLC, and just not getting to play it until I have a PS4, or get married and have access to my girlfriend's PS4, but...

...the idea of it just sitting there, unplayed by me, is depressing as all heck.
donkeyjack wrote:Thank goodness. I swear Xenoverse's quality was shot down because of the past iteration of consoles.
I'm no expert, but I highly doubt that the real main issues with the game - the monotonousness bits, the spamming, etc. - were caused by it being playable on a past iteration console. Not everyone is able to afford the latest systems a few years out of the gate. There's still a market there, hence why they still produce games and consoles from a past gen for a good long while before finally stopping.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's what I'm afraid of, argh. I mean, I guess there's nothing stopping me from buying it to ensure I get any DLC, and just not getting to play it until I have a PS4, or get married and have access to my girlfriend's PS4, but...

...the idea of it just sitting there, unplayed by me, is depressing as all heck.
donkeyjack wrote:Thank goodness. I swear Xenoverse's quality was shot down because of the past iteration of consoles.
I'm no expert, but I highly doubt that the real main issues with the game - the monotonousness bits, the spamming, etc. - were caused by it being playable on a past iteration console. Not everyone is able to afford the latest systems a few years out of the gate. There's still a market there, hence why they still produce games and consoles from a past gen for a good long while before finally stopping.

Ok, sir, you got it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 pm

If Storm 4 is anything to by then it being exclusive to the current consoles and PC will ensure we get a huge game full of content and the site is heavily hinting at that.

What do you all expect to see in this game ? I think it's going to cover everything from DB, Z, GT, Movies&OVAs & Super up to the end of Trunks' arc and maybe the one after that depending on where it is and when the game is out.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 pm

sintzu wrote:
If Storm 4 is anything to by then it being exclusive to the current consoles and PC will ensure we get a huge game full of content and the site is heavily hinting at that.

What do you all expect to see in this game ? I think it's going to cover everything from DB, Z, GT, Movies&OVAs & Super up to the end of Trunks' arc and maybe the one after that depending on where it is and when the game is out.
I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think that's possible because of XV's premise. Remember, the mystique about this game is creating your avatar, that alone should tell you to keep your hype about various amount of arcs down, imo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:54 pm

If it's XV2, I would like to see:

- Better camera angle
- Able to switch between characters in team battles (2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3)
- Able to have transformations similar to Budokai 1-3
- A bigger and creative story mode (Like your actions can affect the timeline leading up to different story paths)
- A bigger and better character creation mode (Like Humans/Animals, Saiyans, Nameks, Majins, Freeza's Race, Kaioshins, Cyborg/Cell's race and Demons)
- A more deeper combat system
- Easier way to get Dragon Balls
- RNG is outright removed
- Make Freeza's Soliders, Appule, Cell Jr and Saibamen as NPC

For new characters I would like to see

DB:

- DB Kid Goku
- Pilaf in his battle machine
- General Blue
- Tao Pai Pai
- Ninja Murasaki
- Staff Officer Black in the Battle Jacket
- Akkuman
- Tambourine
- Piccolo Daimao (Old, Young)
- Cyborg Tao
- Kami

DBZ:

- Freeza's 1-3 forms
- Cell's 1-3 forms
- Cyborg Freeza
- Super Buu's forms (Buutenks and Buuhan)
- Dr. Gero
- Cui
- Zarbon
- Dodoria
- Spopovich
- Pui Pui
- Yakon
- Dabra

DB/Z Movies and Specials:

- Gine
- Future Gohan
- Garlic Jr (Base, Transformation)
- Tullece
- Lord Slug
- Salza
- Dore
- Neiz
- Coola (Base, Final Form)
- Metal Coola
- #13 (Base, Super 13)
- Broli (Base, SSj and maybe SSj4 as DLC)
- Bojack (Base, Transformation)
- Janemba
- Hatchiyack
- Tarble
- Aka

GT:

Uub (Base, Post Buu Fusion)
Bebi (Non Vegeta forms)
General Rildo (Base, Sigma, Metal)
Legic
GT Goten

Super:

- Goku Black
- Champa
- Vados
- Hit
- Frost (Base, 3rd form, Final Form)
- Cabba (Base, SSj)
- Magetta
- Tagoma
- Shisami
- Sorbet

Others:

Churai
Shun Shun
General Bon
Saiakkuman (Psidevilman)

I think that's enough new characters for the game. Going by the posters shown off, I think the game will have a much bigger roster than the first game. I hope the gameplay is still good and better.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Tue May 17, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 3:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I'm no expert, but I highly doubt that the real main issues with the game - the monotonousness bits, the spamming, etc. - were caused by it being playable on a past iteration console.
Though it certainly doesn't hold back gameplay to any significant extent in this genre, I believe what donkeyjack is rightly referring to is the visual fidelity of the world. Cross-gen development means developers must constantly factor in weaker hardware when prepping character models, designing environments, particle effects, and all the stuff that makes for a truly breathtaking experience.

With a current-gen hardware in mind, high-poly models, more elaborate effects, and larger, more denser environments are possible. That's not something you can realistically achieve when factoring in decade-old components -- not unless you're hiring a third-party studio to handle your port. That's extra time and money that nobody really wants to spend.

I appreciate that not everybody can afford to hop right into new tech as soon as it releases, and I can sympathise with that, but I'd rather not have games held back for the sake of those people. As a PC gamer, I deal with that enough with the current-gen consoles, I'd rather not have another generation's baggage pulling things down ever further.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Mon May 16, 2016 4:00 pm

So they told us that there was a hint in the pictures,
apparantley, the only game cover missing is the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 one, I hope this doesn't mean a HD remake!
I need Xenoverse 2!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
Yeah since the 360 is already dead and the PS3 is at the same boat that the PS2 was in 2008-2012. I think XV2 will likely be on the PS4, XO and PC.
She/Her

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon May 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Spenzer wrote:So they told us that there was a hint in the pictures,
apparantley, the only game cover missing is the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 one, I hope this doesn't mean a HD remake!
I need Xenoverse 2!
That's not the only missing game covers. Just from the Budokai days on, there are a others missing. Like Super DBZ.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Spenzer wrote:So they told us that there was a hint in the pictures,
I need Xenoverse 2!
The catalogue is missing every handeld game from before 2008, as well as Super DBZ, Infinite World and Tenkaichi 3, as well as Revenge of King Piccolo it seems.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 16, 2016 4:11 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
RealtreeByGod wrote:Am I the only one who wants another 2.5D fighter?

Gimme a Budokai 4, Xenoverse was exceptionally meh.
Even if they made a new 2.5d game, they wouldn't make Budokai 4. They'd make Burst Limit 2.
I'd be down with that. Burst Limit is immensely underrated.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm

So I took sometime to collect all the artwork, these are the ones I've found so far:
DB movies 1 to 4
DBZ movies 1 to 15
DB, DBZ, DBGT and DBS group pics
DB Origins 1 and 2
Attack of the Saiyans
Budokai 1 and 3 JP
Budokai 2 and 3
Budokai HD
Tenkaichi 1 and 2
Kinect and Burst Limit
Raging Blast 1 and 2, Ultimate Tenkaichi and Battle of Z
Xenoverse
Extreme Butoden

There's a bunch of Budokai covers missing, but they're represented. Shin Budokai 1 and 2 are missing, so is Infinite World, Tenkaichi Tag Team and Ultimate Butoden. There are a few others missing but they are single entries from other game lines.
Unless any of you have actually stumbled on artworks for these ones?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Ajay wrote:Though it certainly doesn't hold back gameplay to any significant extent in this genre, I believe what donkeyjack is rightly referring to is the visual fidelity of the world. Cross-gen development means developers must constantly factor in weaker hardware when prepping character models, designing environments, particle effects, and all the stuff that makes for a truly breathtaking experience.

With a current-gen hardware in mind, high-poly models, more elaborate effects, and larger, more denser environments are possible. That's not something you can realistically achieve when factoring in decade-old components -- not unless you're hiring a third-party studio to handle your port. That's extra time and money that nobody really wants to spend.

I appreciate that not everybody can afford to hop right into new tech as soon as it releases, and I can sympathise with that, but I'd rather not have games held back for the sake of those people. As a PC gamer, I deal with that enough with the current-gen consoles, I'd rather not have another generation's baggage pulling things down ever further.
Ahh, that would make a lot more sense then, yeah. And I hope it didn't come off too much like I was trying to be combative, nor this next part - but personally, if the game is fun, that counts for me far more than what it looks like. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy nice, shiny new graphics as much as the next guy. I also roll my eyes and go 'oh wow' mentally each and every time I see my character literally caught in the model of one of the Oozaru when playing Xenoverse. But at the end of the day, a game's graphics have always been one of the things least important to me, compared to it's play-ability and, in cases of games where that matters, the story. I'm one of those that I can still pop in an old PS game with it's horrific polygons and still enjoy it just as much as a newer, shinier game. I already thought PS2 had greatly superior and in general perfectly acceptable graphics, and PS3 just takes it to a whole new realm of 'whoa'. So I'm sure PS4 is just the same next level of amazingess, but even once a PS5 or whatever is out, I'll still be able to pop in games from generations before and enjoy them just fine.

That's just me though. :P I totally get where you and others are coming from, it's just not one of my biggest concerns. And I'm also fully accepting of being left behind currently. Trust me, I'm not gonna be moaning and groaning when it's announced to be PS4/One/PC only or something, because I know such things are eventually inevitable. It'll just be a temporary feeling of 'Well...crap. Guess I won't be playing it just yet.', and then I'll look on all further announcements with the same wide-eyed look of want I'd have regardless.
Twitter

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:20 pm

It's 2016, I think most people by now have move on to next gen systems. Just like people move on to the PS3 and 360 in 2008 and 2009. I would save up for a PS4 or Xbox One since the last gen systems are pretty much done.
She/Her