"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: That mission was biggest bullshit I've ever played. Fuck Coola and Freeza, I nearly snapped my controller in two. But TBF, I barely play games now besides Madden and the occasional NBA2k.
It's really not. I had a hard time and won on my first try, but I back off when they keep back handing me. It's quite simple to do that. I'm not to great at defensive gameplay, so I end up taking lots of damage, which is really my own fault for not guarding enough or learning perfect guard. That's on me. There is bullshit in the game for sure, but this ain't it.
Weird, I finished the game and did most of the PQ's and the only trouble I had was that mission and Goku's training.
Try having the expert missions where the bad guy can dodge you easily and be practically untouchable to melee and promote ki spam. Then there's the death balls that they throw, that if they land outside the fighting zone...you basically can't do shit and are fucked. QQ Bangs are also random rather than having straight formula's, so you could end up with garbage and waste a ton of money or medals.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:I've just translated parts of the new trailer for XENOVERSE 2 and it seems that Freezer's Army will invade Conton City in a temporal conflict. On this section of the story, you will be able to make decisions that can change the game's history. Also, it seems that this will be on an free update! Yeah!
How did you get all that? There was only one part of those clips that had writing in it, and that was from Dedoria...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Kanassa wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:I've just translated parts of the new trailer for XENOVERSE 2 and it seems that Freezer's Army will invade Conton City in a temporal conflict. On this section of the story, you will be able to make decisions that can change the game's history. Also, it seems that this will be on an free update! Yeah!
How did you get all that? There was only one part of those clips that had writing in it, and that was from Dedoria...
From the Kanji's of the screen.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
From the Kanji's of the screen.
Do you have any exact translations of the words?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:42 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
It's really not. I had a hard time and won on my first try, but I back off when they keep back handing me. It's quite simple to do that. I'm not to great at defensive gameplay, so I end up taking lots of damage, which is really my own fault for not guarding enough or learning perfect guard. That's on me. There is bullshit in the game for sure, but this ain't it.
Weird, I finished the game and did most of the PQ's and the only trouble I had was that mission and Goku's training.
Try having the expert missions where the bad guy can dodge you easily and be practically untouchable to melee and promote ki spam. Then there's the death balls that they throw, that if they land outside the fighting zone...you basically can't do shit and are fucked. QQ Bangs are also random rather than having straight formula's, so you could end up with garbage and waste a ton of money or medals.
That was the Freeza fight for me :|
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: Weird, I finished the game and did most of the PQ's and the only trouble I had was that mission and Goku's training.
That was the Freeza fight for me :|
Well look up the expert missions with Omega Shenron and up...they literally can't be hit by like 6 people attacking at once. It's not quite the same. There's also the death ball you're supposed to as a team push back....but they throw it out of bounds...which means you can't stop it from hurting you and your team. That last one is impossible in story mode as it literally isn't a move used outside of expert missions.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:58 pm

I finally unlocked Super Baby 2's outfit! The only thing in the game I actually had trouble getting... I hate those damn Majin kids with a passion.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I finally unlocked Super Baby 2's outfit! The only thing in the game I actually had trouble getting... I hate those damn Majin kids with a passion.
Stats?

Also, supposed confirmation that Xenoverse 2 does not have diminishing returns with stats

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:15 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:I finally unlocked Super Baby 2's outfit! The only thing in the game I actually had trouble getting... I hate those damn Majin kids with a passion.
Stats?
+5 HEA, STM, STR.
-5 KI, ATK, BLA.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:51 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So I'm not too impressed with the gold form on Freeza race. It kinda pails compared to Potential Unleash as I imagined. Supposedly the form just boosts movement speed, changes your ki blasts, and boosts Ki skills by 30% compared to Potential Unleashed which is 15% to all attacks.

Also, it looks HORRIBLE on my Freeza race. Only outfit it managed to look even somewhat decent on was the Hero suit. The Z Fighting Suit however....

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Why so much blue was retained is beyond me.

lolllll I'm really sorry man but this gave me a great laugh. It's like you make your character passionately, work hard enough to get gold form and then he looks like that. Wow I feel bad for you.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:36 pm

nato25 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:So I'm not too impressed with the gold form on Freeza race. It kinda pails compared to Potential Unleash as I imagined. Supposedly the form just boosts movement speed, changes your ki blasts, and boosts Ki skills by 30% compared to Potential Unleashed which is 15% to all attacks.

Also, it looks HORRIBLE on my Freeza race. Only outfit it managed to look even somewhat decent on was the Hero suit. The Z Fighting Suit however....

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Why so much blue was retained is beyond me.

lolllll I'm really sorry man but this gave me a great laugh. It's like you make your character passionately, work hard enough to get gold form and then he looks like that. Wow I feel bad for you.
The legs are what irk me the most. Why couldnt they just go gold as well? I mean I can fix it in the color editing and it looks much better afterwards but then I got a Freeza race all blue, black, and white and in the mix is a pair of gold legs that stick out like a sore thumb. Theres nothing can do for his biceps either. Color editing only lets me change his hands and...fingernails.

EDIT - Also just tested Vegetto's Pressure Sign. Works on everything. Basics, ki blasts, both kinds of supers and ults, and even grabs and evasive moves. Does a decent chunk of damage too, more than Hit's counter. So yeah, forget Hit's move. Use Pressure Sign.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted but the game has already shipped 1.4 million copies.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:10 am

ryou766 wrote:Well, beat all PQs, trained with every mentor, completed the expert missions, and completed the secret story. Have nothing to do now until DLC comes in. Also Lvl 80.
Lucky! I'd be going crazy on the offline battles if I were you. :lol:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Also just tested Vegetto's Pressure Sign. Works on everything. Basics, ki blasts, both kinds of supers and ults, and even grabs and evasive moves. Does a decent chunk of damage too, more than Hit's counter. So yeah, forget Hit's move. Use Pressure Sign.
Ni~ice. Is it obtainable?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:20 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Well, beat all PQs, trained with every mentor, completed the expert missions, and completed the secret story. Have nothing to do now until DLC comes in. Also Lvl 80.
Lucky! I'd be going crazy on the offline battles if I were you. :lol:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Also just tested Vegetto's Pressure Sign. Works on everything. Basics, ki blasts, both kinds of supers and ults, and even grabs and evasive moves. Does a decent chunk of damage too, more than Hit's counter. So yeah, forget Hit's move. Use Pressure Sign.
Ni~ice. Is it obtainable?
Pretty sure you can just buy it from the shop after Buu or BOG. Just finish a arc and check back in the shop depending on where you are. Oh, and its also extremely handy for countering those back attacks the AI loves to use when you vanish.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:58 am

sintzu wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted but the game has already shipped 1.4 million copies.
Do you have or are getting this on PC?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 am

Forgot to mention, we need to give Namco feedback about being unable to heal allies we dont select from the roster. There have been times in Potara Warrior where the enemy doesnt care about me at all and wants nothing more than to take Buu's bubblegum butt to the candy store. When the ult finish condition is to clear the mission with his health over 50%, it can get very, very frustrating.

I'm aware this can bring up the fact that being able to heal non-selected allies can make the mission easier than intended but it would still be nice regardless when they are the key aspect of the mission.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:06 am

I like how Namek's Guru hints the existence of the Super Dragon Balls while avoids naming them.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:37 am

Draconic wrote:[..] Also, gotta give props to Dimps. The game is beautifuly optimized of PC. I can run the game smoothly even on high settings on my average gig, though I prefer the medium ones for the sake of not having any surprises. Even the loading times don't seem to take as long as I expected when I heared the complaints. Excellent job done in that department.
QLOC did the PC port and Xenoverse's too, that was pretty good (performance wise). The complaints about loading times were before or after the patch?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:56 am

Zenkashuu wrote:
Draconic wrote:[..] Also, gotta give props to Dimps. The game is beautifuly optimized of PC. I can run the game smoothly even on high settings on my average gig, though I prefer the medium ones for the sake of not having any surprises. Even the loading times don't seem to take as long as I expected when I heared the complaints. Excellent job done in that department.
QLOC did the PC port and Xenoverse's too, that was pretty good (performance wise). The complaints about loading times were before or after the patch?
Before it I believe. It was pretty much the first complaint I've seen from day one.
Also, thank you for correcting me. Great job QLOC. I know the first game had a very good port too, but it was much smaller than this one so I guess I was expecting it more.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:44 am

Kanassa wrote:Gohan: When Videl wants something out of you, she won't stop until she gets it.
Videl: Gohan, that;s between you and me!

Gohan, those are not the comments I expect from an instructor! :D
There's one with Tien's training, which is hilarious. I dont remember the exact line but they referenced Launch and her 'relationship' with Tien lol