"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 am

nato25 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 am I am saying it deserves the longevity it has received. When was the last time a Dragon Ball game was relevant longer than 3 months after release? Fighterz and XV2 are really sticking around and I think that's a good thing. Although I have no objections to a XV3 announcement.

Speaking of announcements, anyone think we'll get something at E3? I believe it was 2 years ago we got Fighterz. The year before that Jump Force was announced. All this happened at Xbox's conference. I think we will see DBZ Project pop up again.
I have no doubt that CC2's game will get a massive presentation at E3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:27 am

Man, I am really happy for this! Of course, I have been vocal about XV2's gameplay, because if it was perfected, the game would totally rock!
I am happy, that Dragon Ball has gotten into spotlight and popularity and support for this long is unprecedented in history.
The global online connectivity is also one of the reasons combined with the populariy.

I remember 9 years ago, Raging Blast 2 came out... you had Z roster, short 20 minute episode of anime and unlocking something like Souls in XV and pictures in gallery and that was it. DB games were released, be it full package like Budokai 3/Infinite World or Sparking! Meteor, which were rather build-ups similar to Guilty Gear series than proper sequels or barebone games like Battle of Z or Burst Limit.

XV2 goes for 3 years and many times, I have thought that OK, this is the last DLC but still, it is going.
I know, that many people are vocal about how they are just adding few characters and nothing to story, but so far, XV2 has gotten almost unprecedented support in contrast to many AAA games and more akin to Online games.

Only thing I am sad about is that I am 30 years instead of being a teen in this era.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:27 amI remember 9 years ago, Raging Blast 2 came out...
Those were very dark days. RB2 and Ultimate Tenkaichi made me think that DB in gaming was pretty much dead. Quality was nowhere to be found and the sales were getting to the point that justified pulling the plug on the entire franchise but thankfully they got things back on track.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 am

sintzu wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 am
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:27 amI remember 9 years ago, Raging Blast 2 came out...
Those were very dark days. RB2 and Ultimate Tenkaichi made me think that DB in gaming was pretty much dead. Quality was nowhere to be found and the sales were getting to the point that justified pulling the plug on the entire franchise but thankfully they got things back on track.
Well, as a DB fan, I must say that I did like RB2 a lot, but only as DB sim to date. It had Hatchihyakku and Movie villains that weren't there before. I liked lot of cinematics with super attacks or transformations. It was a good build-up on Sparking! Meteor, but it lacked so much content!
Also, the gaming for Dragon Ball never was this big in my opinion, as Japanese licensed games weren't really that good to begin with,
but with Xenoverse introducing what fans wanted and XV2 made it better + with tons of content and FighterZ being aknowledged as a really good fighter and getting so much spotlight, this is really golden era.

But yeah, you are right! I just hope that Bandai won't fall asleep and will push this quality forward. For example, the last Gundam Versus on PS4 was pretty much shit and what would you expect from licensed game... barebones with almost no modes of play, the gameplay is so so, most of the game is based on gundam models, that are looking rather as hi-res PS3 era ones and load of really expensive DLC.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 am

nato25 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 am I am saying it deserves the longevity it has received. When was the last time a Dragon Ball game was relevant longer than 3 months after release? Fighterz and XV2 are really sticking around and I think that's a good thing. Although I have no objections to a XV3 announcement.

Speaking of announcements, anyone think we'll get something at E3? I believe it was 2 years ago we got Fighterz. The year before that Jump Force was announced. All this happened at Xbox's conference. I think we will see DBZ Project pop up again.
I think only something about project Z.

p.s. there are rumours about DLC 12-13-14 for XV2 xD

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 amI just hope that Bandai won't fall asleep and will push this quality forward.
We've got a high quality game coming from CC2 later this year, XV3 (hopefully) next year, & most likely a fighterZ sequel within the next 4 years. Overall, DB's gaming future looks very bright.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Gt91 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:56 am

Where are these rumors?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Where are these rumors?
this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmi3iKVMhco

just speculation of course.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 pm
SuperSaiyanPan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Where are these rumors?
this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmi3iKVMhco

just speculation of course.
These new characters are most likely already being made for XV3 so all they have to do is just port them which should be easy due ot it being the same franchise.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Anyone else think they're waiting to publish XV3 until the next gen consoles come out so they'll have a launch title for them? I just thought of this & it makes SO much sense for why it's taking so long.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:54 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pmAnyone else think they're waiting to publish XV3 until the next gen consoles come out so they'll have a launch title for them? I just thought of this & it makes SO much sense for why it's taking so long.
I also think this is the case. At first I thought it'd be a cross gen game but with Ps5 and next Xbox being able to play previous gen games, they may decide to just go with a next gen release instead.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 am

sintzu wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:54 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pmAnyone else think they're waiting to publish XV3 until the next gen consoles come out so they'll have a launch title for them? I just thought of this & it makes SO much sense for why it's taking so long.
I also think this is the case. At first I thought it'd be a cross gen game but with Ps5 and next Xbox being able to play previous gen games, they may decide to just go with a next gen release instead.
I mean, how cool would it be if during the Microsoft E3 presentation today, during the part where they talk about the next Xbox, they have a teaser trailer for it?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:28 am

Scsigs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 amI mean, how cool would it be if during the Microsoft E3 presentation today, during the part where they talk about the next Xbox, they have a teaser trailer for it?
As cool as that'd be, there's little to no chance of that happening as they'll want to show off CC2's game and keep the focus on it. The closest thing we'll get is Microsoft saying Bandai is among the companies making games for their next gen system. We'll probably get something in the first 3-4 months of 2020.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:52 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:28 am
Scsigs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:57 amI mean, how cool would it be if during the Microsoft E3 presentation today, during the part where they talk about the next Xbox, they have a teaser trailer for it?
As cool as that'd be, there's little to no chance of that happening as they'll want to show off CC2's game and keep the focus on it. The closest thing we'll get is Microsoft saying Bandai is among the companies making games for their next gen system. We'll probably get something in the first 3-4 months of 2020.
Never mind, XV3 won't be out till 2021 at the earliest which means 2 will probably get a lot more support than dlc 10.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Yay called it!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm

nato25 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:45 pm Yay called it!
Called what? Did I miss something?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm
nato25 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:45 pm Yay called it!
Called what? Did I miss something?
Just saying that project z would appear in Xbox conference. There is some awesome looking game play through IGN if people haven't seen that.

I don't expect to see XV2 unless stadia are showing it off.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pm

At this point I predict that a XV3 will be strictly for next gen. I tell ya, I may be a bit indifferent about this game having too much DLC for its lifetime, but at least it is better than working on a half assed sequel. Just look what happened to Spike!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:57 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 pmAt this point I predict that a XV3 will be strictly for next gen.
If it releases in 2021 or even later than it most likely will be. With the new systems being able to play previous gen games, there'll be no reaosn to release it on current and next gen. If it releases that early in the systems' life, its post launch support will be massive.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:53 am

Maybe they'll make some major improvements to the graphics. Perhaps next gen hardware can handle some destructible environments? Maybe? I did notice that the newer characters (added through DLC) have higher quality models than the ones ported from XV1, so maybe they'll tweak the older models to make them fit the same level of quality.