"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:15 pm

I don't know how many times I've done (or at least, attempted) the raid, but aside from unlocking God Goku on my first Raid, all I've gotten are maybe 3 art works. And all I want, and have been wanting for years, is the custom SS4 Gogeta!

:evil:

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:42 am Leakers just throwing “confirmed” dates like that has gotten so old. I’ll believe an announcement when I see it.
Okay, so you have a lot of subscribers on YouTube... does that mean that somehow a Japanese production company is feeding you information that they won't tell the public? I remember Geekdom saying he had "inside sources" telling him DBSuper was going to come back in 2020 or something. You have only yourself to blame if you believe glorified kids at school who tell you their uncle works at Dragon Ball, Inc. and says Dragon Ball AF is real.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:43 pm

No Gameplay, No Hype.

It's as simple as that, I don't care about Logo Reveals, Pre-Rendered Cutscenes, I'm even weary of those awful "Look at us totally playing the game and not just acting out a scripted sequence!".

If there's no in-engine real-time gameplay, then there's no hype.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:45 pm

Datamined Parallel Quest relating to The Breakers, includes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA1zl8e5ssA

I imagine to get this content, you'll have to buy The Breakers

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:15 pm

XV3 has a lot to live up to, but I'm afraid it's going to end up like 1 and 2 - barebones with an outdated engine. It's got a lot of features and things that need to be improved or added or removed, and the story needs to be way better than it is, it'd basically be a brand new game.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:31 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:45 pm Datamined Parallel Quest relating to The Breakers, includes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA1zl8e5ssA

I imagine to get this content, you'll have to buy The Breakers
Would be good to plug the gap in cell forms if they made the model for breakers it makes sense.

I assume oolong will be a follower thing like puar or outfits or other NPC's.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:40 pm

Waiting to release XV3 to PS5 is a smart move, may that finally end the curse with past DB games (Burst Limit/Raging Blast) that didn't had a sequel and/or a third version.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am

Ok, so I guess this was a soft release because I haven't seen any advertisements for it, but they released the Legend Patrol Pack, which contains the XV1 story, for all platforms in a soft release last month? It's $10 & is a little over 2GB on Xbox. It's weird that they'd do that, imo.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:10 am

Scsigs wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am Ok, so I guess this was a soft release because I haven't seen any advertisements for it, but they released the Legend Patrol Pack, which contains the XV1 story, for all platforms in a soft release last month? It's $10 & is a little over 2GB on Xbox. It's weird that they'd do that, imo.
Yeah I bought it and the last dlc I was missing does it just add xvq story and literally nothing else, as I was late with the last dlcs I have no idea what includes what.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:51 am

There's been so many DLCs up until now, and more incoming - especially with the Dragon Ball Official account posting what seems to seriously hint at the Super Hero movie inclusion with an downward angle on Piccolo that's reminiscent of the trailer and the text mentionning that "they are finally coming after Piccolo" or something.

So many DLCs that I think somebody who wants to have the complete, extended experience with a full roster probably has to pay a hefty price for it all.

I guess the total price can vary widly depending on if you buy the base game only, the base game and the story-related DLCs only, or the base game and all DLCs including roster-expanding contents.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:18 am

TobyS wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:10 am
Scsigs wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am Ok, so I guess this was a soft release because I haven't seen any advertisements for it, but they released the Legend Patrol Pack, which contains the XV1 story, for all platforms in a soft release last month? It's $10 & is a little over 2GB on Xbox. It's weird that they'd do that, imo.
Yeah I bought it and the last dlc I was missing does it just add xvq story and literally nothing else, as I was late with the last dlcs I have no idea what includes what.
It's the same DLC that was released with the Switch version of the game back in 2017 where it's the same missions, same levels, & whatnot, just in XV2's version of the graphics engine & updates to the gameplay.

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:54 am

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:31 pm

Probably at TGS, but it's kinda dumb that they "teased" it this far in advance without anything to follow up soon after.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:24 am

So, I played through the Legend Patrol Pack that has the levels & cutscenes from the first game. Holy shit, did it feel good to just blast through them with Xenoverse 2's combat & mechanical upgrades. Granted, I'm max level (99) & mid-maxed out with my character, but it's still great. So many levels that gave me grief in the original that I remember from when I played it were SO much more bearable this time around. No fucking super armor on thee bosses & you can actually see the boss' stamina so they don't have unlimited stamina.
1 level I remember giving me grief because of the poor mechanics was the level where you get body-swapped with Ginyu. And that's because of how Krillin & Gohan easily die because of their A.I. being shit & the enemy A.I. being more competent. While the ally A.I. isn't that good, the enemies not focus you more in that level, so it's better. And, the Beerus & Whis level is SO much more bearable because of their lack of super armor. Trunk still dies way too quickly because he's a dumbass in a fight, but you don't need to constantly dodge & take pot shots with energy blasts for way too long. I honestly have no idea how that level got passed playtesting & people deemed it acceptable, let alone "good" & why they didn't patch it to be better.
The graphics are also much better due to the better shading & refined character models & the 60FPS is very nice towards the gameplay & look of the game, though the lack of anti-aliasing sticks out like a sore thumb during cutscenes in the Time Nest.

However, there ARE a few caveats. Mainly in that the dialogue that characters have during the gameplay segments were clearly paced with the super armor & lower level in mind from the original game & they didn't alter that to match 2's way of pacing things. Basically, I recorded a let's play for it & I like to have as much of the dialogue in the videos as possible. In order to get it, I had to willingly not attack the enemies for a bit in places to let the dialogue play out & they'd focus the allies, which wasn't always bad, but the ally A.I. is awful, like I said earlier, so they'd have half their health gone by the time I was finally able to do anything. Then there's the fact that when you get their health down to certain amounts, more dialogue plays sometimes, so I'd kill them by accident & miss some of the dialogue. I think adjusting the pacing by having the health stop draining after certain amounts like 2's levels has it would've been a better route to take, especially since the allies have NO qualms about still attacking the enemies even when they're low health.
Also, there's some audio glitches for some reason during cutscenes at times. Mainly the dialogue not cutting off right &, for some reason, Masako Nozawa's laugh in the last main story cutscene playing instead of Sean Schemmel's. Considering how different their voices are, I'm really surprised they didn't notice or that it was pointed out to them. Reminds me of the glitch in the remaster of Budokai 3 where Uub would scream in his Japanese voice during 1 of his attacks when you have the English dialogue selected. Also by Dimps. Hmm... :think:

But, yeah, had a good time going back through these levels. I still have no idea how to get the true ending where Goku doesn't help you defeat Demigra, but meh. It's also cool that they included the DLC levels from it as well. I'm honestly shocked by the lack of GT-centric content in XV2. Seriously, outside of some of the PQs & characters in the roster, there's NO GT-based levels in 2's main story. It also kinda brought 2's shift in main antagonists from Demigra to Towa & Mira into a bigger light because it seems like they were setting up Demigra to return with the DLCs for the first game mentioning him being responsible for those events going haywire. It's just kinda weird that he only has a few-second cameo at the beginning of 2's story that goes nowhere.
Also, I would've liked an option to replay the XV1 levels as my original character from that game. They continually refuse to let you use your original OC from the first game that you imported from that game into 2 for some reason & I think this would've been a great time to let you do so. They easily could've added an option to do so & set your stats & skills accordingly. I wish they'd add it. It's such a waste of potential.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:45 am

Yeah, it was a blast to play though the XV1 story mode again and also, it was weird that I couldn't use the original character I have imported.
Also, being 99 level as you said, it made the story mode pretty quick and lackluster to how I remember it originally :lol:

I wonder, if the rumors about Super Hero come true and I really hope this game get's retired soon and we'll get something new in future.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:08 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:45 am Yeah, it was a blast to play though the XV1 story mode again and also, it was weird that I couldn't use the original character I have imported.
Also, being 99 level as you said, it made the story mode pretty quick and lackluster to how I remember it originally :lol:

I wonder, if the rumors about Super Hero come true and I really hope this game get's retired soon and we'll get something new in future.
Yeah. I like the ability to play through a previous game's levels in a sequel. It's 1 thing I've really liked about the last 2 Hitman games. Few games actually do that & I appreciate it when it happens. But, yeah, the high level, lack of super armor, & pacing of the original game trivialize a lot of the original challenge.
Yeah, I just want the original CAC on the roster of characters & to be selectable for these missions. I don't know how that's that hard to do. That'd bee 1 of the first few things I do.

Oh, we'll probably get some DLCs based on the movie's plot & characters. They've done every movie as DLC since Resurrection F.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:44 am

Yeah, I wonder if we will get just Gammas, or even Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan plus some parallel quests.

But again, as they are adding DLC and the core game is kinda left unattended, I don't enjoy the "power" gaps. We have huge roster, but the mechanic creates weird stuff like Android 13 in base form without transformation, 3 versions of Gogeta. To this day, the best rosters respectively and in it's time for me were Sparking! Meteor and Raging Blast 2 for Z.
I would seriously welcome a completely new game with more refined gameplay and updated graphics.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:51 am

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:44 am Yeah, I wonder if we will get just Gammas, or even Orange Piccolo and Beast Gohan plus some parallel quests.

But again, as they are adding DLC and the core game is kinda left unattended, I don't enjoy the "power" gaps. We have huge roster, but the mechanic creates weird stuff like Android 13 in base form without transformation, 3 versions of Gogeta. To this day, the best rosters respectively and in it's time for me were Sparking! Meteor and Raging Blast 2 for Z.
I would seriously welcome a completely new game with more refined gameplay and updated graphics.
It does need a complete rehaul for the next installment, if there is one at all. There's too many additional forms that could have just been transformations for different costumes/skins for the characters, too many overpowered characters to where more than half of the roster isn't even worth playing just for funzies, and still continued absence of stalwarts that had been in games since the early 90s.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:14 pm

The Gammas are coming in, for sure. Gohan and Piccolo should, too. That's two forms for Piccolo and one for Gohan, and I guess he will have an Ultimate skin, too, with his Cell Games attire, so 6 "new" characters.
Cell Max should also be a part of the game, although we don't even have access to the Ohzaru versions of the saiyans, and Cell Max is as big as them, so I don't know if he'll be included.

A 6 or 7-character DLC would be a new one, I think.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:45 am

I think the most realistic, without being pessimistic, would be this;

Gohan Beast
Orange Piccolo
Gamma 1
Gamma 2

RR Soldier Uniform ( Probably the one Piccolo used, maybe the guy he partners with )
Gamma 1/2's uniform
Bulma's Super Hero Outfit
Dr. Hedo's Super Hero Costume
Some kind of regular clothing from the movie ( Pan's training outfit/school cloths, Gohan's casual clothes, Magenta's/Carmine's Suits )

5 New Parallel Quests
10 New Super Souls
4 New Raid Quests
1 New Extra Story Mission
Typical Update stuff ( Mascots, Figures, Artwork, etc. )

Then if we're REALLY lucky, we might get one of these;
New Awoken Skill: Orange Namekian ( Namekian Pride? ) for Namekians ( or maybe they'll just give us Ultra Instinct )
New Stage: Red Ribbon Hidden Base, Piccolo's House
New Game Mode: Vs. Dragon Ball hunt ( Capture the Flag ), Tournament Mode, or another weird Mini-Game

We most likely won't get Beast form since I believe Toriyama said it'd be exclusive to Gohan.

Of course none of this addresses the leaks we got a while back featuring content from DB:TB
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756