"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:23 pm

This probably was already answered, so sorry in advance, but to get those new outfits, do I need to go to the TP Medal shop only on weekends?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Xaroc wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:47 pm The EoZ Gokuu will be a Mentor Outfit you can choose for him in the Mentor Customization. BUT you need to give him the "Gokuu Gift Nr. 3" which is NOT available at the moment. We have to wait until it is released.
And when will that be?
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:23 pm This probably was already answered, so sorry in advance, but to get those new outfits, do I need to go to the TP Medal shop only on weekends?
If they're available, yes.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:29 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:23 pm This probably was already answered, so sorry in advance, but to get those new outfits, do I need to go to the TP Medal shop only on weekends?
Oh, so, not EVERY weekend, I thought so. Thank you and merry xmas.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:35 pm
Scsigs wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:29 pm
Oh, so, not EVERY weekend, I thought so. Thank you and merry xmas.
Yeah. Like FFXV & its festivals not getting patched back in when they stopped supporting the game, I have NO idea why they don't just patch those gifts in as recurring ones on the weekends. When unlockables are locked behind a paywall like they are, that's bad, but the fact that they're also limited by time is just fucking stupid. I just don't understand it.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:42 am

Xaroc wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:47 pm The EoZ Gokuu will be a Mentor Outfit you can choose for him in the Mentor Customization. BUT you need to give him the "Gokuu Gift Nr. 3" which is NOT available at the moment. We have to wait until it is released.
Sorted. Thanks xaroc.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Is it just me, or have the latest updates screwed up the tracking with a number of attacks? At least half the time my Supernova Cooler is flying right over the target's head, sailing on by harmlessly into the distance. Even when they're not that far away. Even Emperor's Death Beam has been getting locked in place, firing at nothing far more often than before. So I have to wonder how many things have been screwed up because of their recent updates.

*sigh* It's like they're becoming Bethesda. Every update to fix or improve something actually screws the game up more.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Not really. Maybe it was intentional, that is why I asked if anyone translated that chart to see what was changed. Xaroc provided something but it's incomplete and as he says, the translation itself could be wrong. So it seems we won't know what was changed until someone decides to translate it properly.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am

Zelvin wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:40 pm Is it just me, or have the latest updates screwed up the tracking with a number of attacks? At least half the time my Supernova Cooler is flying right over the target's head, sailing on by harmlessly into the distance. Even when they're not that far away. Even Emperor's Death Beam has been getting locked in place, firing at nothing far more often than before. So I have to wonder how many things have been screwed up because of their recent updates.

*sigh* It's like they're becoming Bethesda. Every update to fix or improve something actually screws the game up more.
Except X2 wasn't made on a broken engine that can't be fixed no matter how much duct tape is used.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:57 am Except X2 wasn't made on a broken engine that can't be fixed no matter how much duct tape is used.
Which is funny, given the fact fan modders have done more to fix Bethesda's games than Bethesda itself has. Meaning it's not so much the old leaky engine, it's the incompetent people doing the maintenance.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Zelvin wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:53 pm Which is funny, given the fact fan modders have done more to fix Bethesda's games than Bethesda itself has. Meaning it's not so much the old leaky engine, it's the incompetent people doing the maintenance.
Yep. When modders are essential to enjoying the broken "features" of your games to make them work as they should, that's a problem. Hell, one of the more recent embarrassing things to happen to Fallout 76, where modders have patched in stuff like NPCs, ships, & whatnot, shouldn't be possible, yet the broken engine, which people have been adept at using for over a decade now to create fixes for these broken games, has allowed for people to make a mockery out of the company. All anybody wants to for X2 is make quality of life improvements or make cosmetic mods. No one wants to fix Fallout anymore. Hell, they CAN'T because Bathesda actively doesn't allow it for 76. It's all sad.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:35 pm

So while they say Xenoverse 2 is over, there is that possibility that there's more DLC coming to this game (though I'd rather they leave it here, cause that cutscene felt so finite). And if that's true (which I hope it isn't), then it's time that I give my predictions for the characters of the next (and hopefully last) DLC:

DLC 11
Toppo (Base-New GoD Awoken Skill)
Dyspo
Caulifla (Base-SSJ-SSJ2)
Kale (SSJ Berserk)
(There's no way that Dimps can make more DLC and still not give us these four key characters from the Tournament of Power Arc)

DLC 12
Shallot (Base-SSJ-SSJ2-whatever else forms he gets in Legends)
Paikuhan/Pikkon (Last one of the most requested trio since XV1 [Baby, Uub, and him])
Bergamo/Moro (It would depend on if this DLC [if it happens] comes out after Super's return [whenever that happens]. If it's after Super is back, then Moro is guaranteed. If not, then it'll be Bergamo, and they'll save Moro for Xenoverse 3 [If there is a XV3, that is])
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:35 pm So while they say Xenoverse 2 is over, there is that possibility that there's more DLC coming to this game (though I'd rather they leave it here, cause that cutscene felt so finite). And if that's true (which I hope it isn't), then it's time that I give my predictions for the characters of the next (and hopefully last) DLC:
I'd really rather there be no more DLC. I want to see a Complete/Definitive edition of these games that has all the DLC and bonus stuff. They did this with XV1 on steam, and that's still around $70 when not on sale. Which is actually kind of absurd. By this point XV1 with all it's DLC shouldn't be more than $30 at most. And XV2 is still $50 on steam by itself. The Extra Pass is $30. And then you have to get the Ultra Pack Set for $15. Which doesn't doesn't save you much at all from getting the two ultra pack separately. Literally a dollar difference.

So that's at least $85 w/o tax just to get everything currently for XV2. Even though the game is now almost 4yrs old, is mechanically barely different from the previous version, and still has plenty of problems. So I do believe we shouldn't get anymore DLC for XV2. It needs to die so something better can come along.

And then before that better thing comes along, they can bundle XV1&2 together as a Complete Set with all the DLC and bonuses for both games for like $100. That I feel would be reasonable and fair. And I might actually go for it on the PC if that was the case. Cause I'm long passed done with the console versions. I mean, really, Mods are really the only thing keeping this game alive.

Maybe next Christmas they'll bundle everything and I can get it then. Just so I can mod the hell out of it with things that'll actually make the game vastly more fun and entertaining.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 pm

I really want more versions of Broly, and maybe Omen Goku but more Broly. We have, with all that possessed supervillain bullshit, more of the now-replaced old Z Broly than Toriyama's Broly, who also has more and cooler forms.

Maybe it's just me but there is something dull in just having the version that got humiliatingly trashed and landed 0 punches, and not the coolest one or the unique humanoid ohzaru form.

I have lost all hope for LB Jiren. The craziest power up ever and not a single fuck is given.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 pm I really want more versions of Broly, and maybe Omen Goku but more Broly. We have, with all that possessed supervillain bullshit, more of the now-replaced old Z Broly than Toriyama's Broly, who also has more and cooler forms.

Maybe it's just me but there is something dull in just having the version that got humiliatingly trashed and landed 0 punches, and not the coolest one or the unique humanoid ohzaru form.

I have lost all hope for LB Jiren. The craziest power up ever and not a single fuck is given.
I'd like them to save anything more for the potential XV3. Sure, more versions of Broly, but what I have absolutely hated in all these games is having Broly perpetually stuck solely in his LSSJ form. I loved Budokai 3 where I could start a fight as Base Broly and transform upwards into SSJ and then LSSJ. And I miss that. I find it extremely lazy to these things like this out just so they can rush things along. Same thing with Android 13. Would've been great to have him transform into Super Android 13, like he's done in other games. Instead we get characters implemented with hardly any fanfare or care to them.

Hell, Broly's Gigantic Meteor has been pretty garbage since XV1 and it hasn't gotten any better. The green ki blast spheres always appear heavily pixelated and grainy, like they couldn't be bothered to fix the animation.

So yes, more Broly's sound nice. I'd like to have him go from Base all the way to LSSJ4, without LSSJ4 being a completely separate character. Like they've done to death with Goku and Vegeta. Same with Super Broly. Start him in base, then 1st Ikari, then 2nd Ikari (Buff), then SSJ and then FPSSJ. I mean c'mon, the fan modders have already done most of the work for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zle4IPqj6c
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:45 pm

I really hope theres no any more DLC. Let the game end.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 am

Zelvin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:58 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:23 pm I really want more versions of Broly, and maybe Omen Goku but more Broly. We have, with all that possessed supervillain bullshit, more of the now-replaced old Z Broly than Toriyama's Broly, who also has more and cooler forms.

I'd like them to save anything more for the potential XV3. Sure, more versions of Broly, but what I have absolutely hated in all these games is having Broly perpetually stuck solely in his LSSJ form. I loved Budokai 3 where I could start a fight as Base Broly and transform upwards into SSJ and then LSSJ. And I miss that. I find it extremely lazy to these things like this out just so they can rush things along. Same thing with Android 13. Would've been great to have him transform into Super Android 13, like he's done in other games. Instead we get characters implemented with hardly any fanfare or care to them.

Hell, Broly's Gigantic Meteor has been pretty garbage since XV1 and it hasn't gotten any better. The green ki blast spheres always appear heavily pixelated and grainy, like they couldn't be bothered to fix the animation.

So yes, more Broly's sound nice. I'd like to have him go from Base all the way to LSSJ4, without LSSJ4 being a completely separate character. Like they've done to death with Goku and Vegeta. Same with Super Broly. Start him in base, then 1st Ikari, then 2nd Ikari (Buff), then SSJ and then FPSSJ. I mean c'mon, the fan modders have already done most of the work for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zle4IPqj6c
This mod thing has got me thinking if I shouldn't discard the PS4 and start playing XV2 on the computer.

I don't know anything about the videogame business but I would just love it if they buy the modded characters from the modders and get it over with.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:09 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 amThis mod thing has got me thinking if I shouldn't discard the PS4 and start playing XV2 on the computer.
Playing on PC comes with the possibility of getting rid of any TP Medal issues. A blessing if you play Hero Colosseum or find yourself in extreme need for it for anything else. Plus, you get Android 21 full clothes (without lab coat and such).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 am This mod thing has got me thinking if I shouldn't discard the PS4 and start playing XV2 on the computer.

I don't know anything about the videogame business but I would just love it if they buy the modded characters from the modders and get it over with.
Well technically the Rights Holders (Toei, Shueisha, etc) can just claim them, so long as it's not an original OC or modded characters that weren't really part of the series. But if you want it for PC, I would say go for it, but wait until the summer or until they bundle XV2 with all the DLC and get it cheaper than buying all the extra stuff separately. And then mod the fuck out of it. Because modders have gone to town on this thing making it significantly better than the Developers have. Hell they included a ton of transformation mods for players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsJondFQQE
Couple years back someone even did one for Frost Demons, which is kinda what I wanted for them. And we could definitely tweak it some more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndEqt5jkaWA
Grimlock wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:09 am Playing on PC comes with the possibility of getting rid of any TP Medal issues. A blessing if you play Hero Colosseum or find yourself in extreme need for it for anything else. Plus, you get Android 21 full clothes (without lab coat and such).
Yeah you can get Majin 21, Hakaishin Toppo, Kale and a bunch of others. Which just keeps eliminating any reasons as to why we should pay and play on console anymore. When it all gets bundled on Steam, I may just get it and dump PS4 version. I just hate that I can't transfer all my stuff over.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:35 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:01 am This mod thing has got me thinking if I shouldn't discard the PS4 and start playing XV2 on the computer.

Well technically the Rights Holders (Toei, Shueisha, etc) can just claim them, so long as it's not an original OC or modded characters that weren't really part of the series. But if you want it for PC, I would say go for it, but wait until the summer or until they bundle XV2 with all the DLC and get it cheaper than buying all the extra stuff separately. And then mod the fuck out of it. Because modders have gone to town on this thing making it significantly better than the Developers have. Hell they included a ton of transformation mods for players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsJondFQQE
Couple years back someone even did one for Frost Demons, which is kinda what I wanted for them. And we could definitely tweak it some more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndEqt5jkaWA
Grimlock wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:09 am Playing on PC comes with the possibility of getting rid of any TP Medal issues. A blessing if you play Hero Colosseum or find yourself in extreme need for it for anything else. Plus, you get Android 21 full clothes (without lab coat and such).
Yeah you can get Majin 21, Hakaishin Toppo, Kale and a bunch of others. Which just keeps eliminating any reasons as to why we should pay and play on console anymore. When it all gets bundled on Steam, I may just get it and dump PS4 version. I just hate that I can't transfer all my stuff over.
Rosé Kaioken just blew my mind, that's it, I'm crossing over to the PC version. Thanks for the tip, it isn't really a problem to wait, hopefully DBZ:K will entertain me in the meantime.

I hope XV3 solves this issue, whether is for PS4 or PS5, because I can't see why I would again choose to play the lesser version of the game.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:35 pm Rosé Kaioken just blew my mind, that's it, I'm crossing over to the PC version. Thanks for the tip, it isn't really a problem to wait, hopefully DBZ:K will entertain me in the meantime.

I hope XV3 solves this issue, whether is for PS4 or PS5, because I can't see why I would again choose to play the lesser version of the game.
I just hope they don't just dump all the new games to PS5. Cause I'm not getting a new system just for a few games, especially since there are still tons of PS4 games I still can get. I usually wait a few years after the new console comes out before bothering to get it, because by then they'll have put out a better version of it.

Besides that, if we get a XV3 announcement before XV2 gets bundled and goes on sale, then I may just wait for the 3rd one. But then I'd wait to see how it is in reviews before deciding if it's worth it, cause they could just end up cutting out half the content XV2 had and selling it all back to us as DLC again. If that happens, I'll just get XV2 on PC and mod it to oblivion.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player