"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Not sure what you mean. If you mean online Vs. then yeah, they're pretty quick. My matches usually last about a minute.
No I mean as part of the story, I watched some clips from the first game too and it just seemed to take a lot longer to actually defeat people.

I can't point out anyone specifically but I'm sure there were several enemies in the game that you'd just be wailing away at for what seemed like ages before they'd go, making it all the more annoying when they'd get back up.

I haven't come across that problem at all in Xenoverse 2 though. Fights don't drag out nearly as long.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Bullza wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:Not sure what you mean. If you mean online Vs. then yeah, they're pretty quick. My matches usually last about a minute.
No I mean as part of the story, I watched some clips from the first game too and it just seemed to take a lot longer to actually defeat people.

I can't point out anyone specifically but I'm sure there were several enemies in the game that you'd just be wailing away at for what seemed like ages before they'd go, making it all the more annoying when they'd get back up.

I haven't come across that problem at all in Xenoverse 2 though. Fights don't drag out nearly as long.
I think you mean stuff like the Broly fight where bosses just spammed Super Armor (Meaning you couldn't hit them most of the time)
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:04 pm

I have a bit of trouble here.

I want to unlock the Buu arc version of Gohan (not the Ultimate, the one who transforms into SSJ2 with Piccolo's outfit) but I can't unlock it still. Do you know how to do it?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:33 pm

When is the raid?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Any word on when that Cell raid is supposed to start? Been waiting, and I got nothing.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:29 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Any word on when that Cell raid is supposed to start? Been waiting, and I got nothing.
There probably won't be any word on it. That's how the past raids have been since at least when the news board broke (though probably even before then). You just have to look out for it.

Honestly, though, I doubt they're even worth it when they're scheduled so awkwardly and with no announcement beforehand. With all due respect, Dimps (assuming they're managing this) should feel obligated to just give us those rewards at this point.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:20 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:I have a bit of trouble here.

I want to unlock the Buu arc version of Gohan (not the Ultimate, the one who transforms into SSJ2 with Piccolo's outfit) but I can't unlock it still. Do you know how to do it?
Google-fu tells me you get him from Parallel Quest 83!

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:

The problem is that trying to unlock the PQ 83 is difficult. My PQs are only up to 73, and it's really hard to make the PQ 74, so I can't unlock all the ones that continue up to PQ 83. Is there another way to unlock the PQ 83? Maybe unlocking the blue exclamation marks on the map will do?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:41 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

The problem is that trying to unlock the PQ 83 is difficult. My PQs are only up to 73, and it's really hard to make the PQ 74, so I can't unlock all the ones that continue up to PQ 83. Is there another way to unlock the PQ 83? Maybe unlocking the blue exclamation marks on the map will do?
I just checked my profile and I have 83 unlocked without having done 73 and 74, so it should become available with story progress, I think. You do have to beat 81 and 82 which are pretty easy.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Google-fu tells me you get him from Parallel Quest 83!
I just checked my profile and I have 83 unlocked without having done 73 and 74, so it should become available with story progress, I think. You do have to beat 81 and 82 which are pretty easy.
I see. I guess it will be easier then. So how can I unlock the PQ 81?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Not surprising, but loving SSGSS Vegetto. I think he plays better than base Vegetto for me at least. I've come up with so many combos for Savage Strike. :D Spirit Stab does seem a bit redundant, but it's okay given the Spirit Sword only damages the opponent sometimes (at least, for me). Though Final Kamehameha is still hard as ever to get into a good reliable hitting combo with. Fused/Merged Zamasu isn't bad either. Divinity Unleashed is nice! Better than Maximum Charge!

The fact that Half-Corrupted Fused Zamasu and Super Saiyan Rage Trunks appear in the game story yet aren't playable is just dumb. Not counting on the "Expansion DLC" to rectify that either (I'd like to be wrong, tho).

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Oh, that reminds me - Divinity Unleashed does seem a little slower than Maximum Charge. Even with Potential Unleashed, it doesn't seem like anything special compared to MC, though I could be wrong. What exactly does DU boost? Just ki recovery?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Oh, that reminds me - Divinity Unleashed does seem a little slower than Maximum Charge. Even with Potential Unleashed, it doesn't seem like anything special compared to MC, though I could be wrong. What exactly does DU boost? Just ki recovery?
Yeah, it is a little slower, but I don't think it's as slow as FP Charge. It gives you a temporary ki recovery buff.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Pissed they didn't design SSG Transformation to look more like it's initial appearance with the longer upwards spikied hair.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Dabra's finally getting in? About damn time.

Entire plot of Towa's was to get revenge for his defeat and she didn't even bother to try and save him in either game's story.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Akyon wrote:Dabra's finally getting in? About damn time.

Entire plot of Towa's was to get revenge for his defeat and she didn't even bother to try and save him in either game's story.
Where is that news?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:32 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

Where is that news?
Looking around in the files dataminers (I found it too, I NEED OT FEEL SPECIAL!) found that witht he recent update, two new characters have surfaced in a few files. With the codes DBR and BUU. With this expansion coming, we can guess that's where those two characters will appear. As well as the Zamasu mentor found a month back.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:57 am

Kanassa wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

Where is that news?
Looking around in the files dataminers (I found it too, I NEED OT FEEL SPECIAL!) found that witht he recent update, two new characters have surfaced in a few files. With the codes DBR and BUU. With this expansion coming, we can guess that's where those two characters will appear. As well as the Zamasu mentor found a month back.
Smash 4 did the same thing. People knew about Roy's return long before the actual release. Speaking from experience (former game hacker), you wouldn't believe the stuff devs leave lying around in completed games and updates.

I wonder if Dabura will have his sword? Unlike what some people claim in Smash, this game needs more sword users. Must... make... Chrono...

At any rate, it's nice to see that the game's still getting support. I just wish the RNG wasn't so hellish and the raid missions didn't exist.

Gonna look into making some more characters. I need a good one for each race. Not sure if i'm doing both genders of each race though...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:59 am

cheddarsword wrote:
I wonder if Dabura will have his sword? Unlike what some people claim in Smash, this game needs more sword users.
Don't see why he wouldn't, every sword user so far has used their sword

Kanassa wrote:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:32 pm

If Dimps is willing to continue the two-month release pattern, then this month's V-Jump issue will probably tease us with something related to the next DLC due to come out on the last week of August. Let's hope the next issue will indeed have some content about it.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~